why

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2CmTSRkkSYY
youtube.com/watch?v=Apk_dwigkuk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

GTA is already highly derivative of popular movies

The evening news is based on it

Boyz n the hood was already close enough

You could just slap the title on any gangster movie and be done with it. Take Two probably doesn't want to give Hollywood the satisfaction considering how long the media has spent blaming the series for crimes.

It would be considered racist today

because GTA has never had a good enough story to make a movie out of

GTA III - Godfather
Vice City - Scarface, Goodfellas
San Andreas - Menace 2 Society, Boyz in the Hood
GTA V - Heat
GTA IV - ??

>game based on movies needs to be made into a movie
No.

I haven't played V but IV was super influenced by Heat. It actually got on my nerves how serious and "we a real crime movie now" it was. It wasn't until Ballad of Gay Tony that it lightened up a bit. I get that in V you do heists and it's set in LA but I think IV took way more of the tone from Heat than V probably does.

yes it is is just that's too long

Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans, pls

>lets make a movie about a video game that was based on a ton of earlier movies
Sick of this stupid shit.

sleeping dogs' story would make a much better movie than any GTA game

Saints row would make a better movie.

Because the studio would insist on an original plot to save shelling out for rights to all the characters
the problem is that's exactly what wouldn't sell

I'd pay good money to see a Grove street movie, but only if they packed it full of Big smoke memes

wasnt there going to be a show with trevor and his VA in it?

There was already a movie called Grand Theft Auto in 1977.

>Take Two probably doesn't want to give Hollywood the satisfaction considering how long the media has spent blaming the series for crimes.

this is retarded. hollywood is different from the news media, but even then, no one would refuse money because of some autistic grudge like that.

besides, that awful Max Payne movie was made

Anyone ever notice how blacks seem to like GTA alot I mean its almost like they enjoy a game that allows them be a lawless piece of shit without accountability or something maybe thats something they want.

GTA is really thin on plot and character, though.

It KNOWS that it is a video game, and that it is supposed to be slightly wacky (just like Metal Gear Solid).

This would be harder to pull off in a film. And if you want that style of cinema, go watch a Guy Richie film you fucking retards.

this post really made me think, thank you

Plus you miss out on the satire of the worst parts of our culture that can only be conveyed through hearing the meaningless chatter of pedestrians or listening to the radio.

youtube.com/watch?v=2CmTSRkkSYY

I could see playing as a whacked out dirty cop in the style of Nic Cage.

You have that backwards.

Literally any early 90's movie set in a hood, since GTA San Andreas's plot is basically a mish mash of all of those

Am I being trolled? GTA is literally movie tropes: the franchise

Miami Vice tv series for Vice City as well

I'd like a movie directed by Snyder about the mission where you have to follow the train with Big Smoke

/thread

>tfw you're so old school you actually know how to find Tarnell

youtube.com/watch?v=Apk_dwigkuk