Was it good?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=Pzjb_Rsf7MA?t=250
twitter.com/AnonBabble

no
it was perfect

4 words

K I N O

Aside from stop, invincible son... and the idea that Zod is a genocidal psychopath more interested in wiping out humanity than liberating his people. Yeah, it was good.

Seriously though, what kind of world would it be if the Kryptonians had peacefully colonized Mars?

Of course it was. It's the best cape flick since Spider-man 2. The rest of the DC's films are utter shit. Hopefully WW captures Snyder's standalone feel like this one did

This is legitimately a good poster. Wish it was the real deal so I could get it blown up to poster size.

Mars isnt habitable (like all the other failed worlds)... Earth was the only option to terraform into NuKrypton.

That's dumb though, they literally had a magic terraforming machine. If anything Mars would be easier because it has no atmosphere, they could just make a Kryptonian one from scratch.

Failing that, just go find another exoplanet with an atmosphere. Why did it have to be Earth? Because Zod was a crybaby autist.

I did like the movie though, if would have been boring if they just fucked off to Alpha Centauri.

best superhero ever made besides the first 2 Raimi spiderman movies

Mars has a terrible temperature fluctuation, which you couldnt just fix with terraforming. Earth has simply the comfiest distance to the sun.

After some time has passed, it's solid. Krypton opening was helped flesh out a lot of things, although it isn't much for Clark. Clark floating around prior to learning his origin, I get. He doesn't have much agency and a lack of interaction beyond his family and Zod. I would have preferred more screen time and interaction in another solo movie rather than lumping in Batman and trying to jumpstart Justice League.

Tornado was a dumb way to kill Pa Kent. Choosing to have Smallville fight, World Engine, and Zod fight take up the last 45 minutes of the movie was a poor choice.

Legit great capeshit, I hope Snyder gets back on track

no

It was too predictable. If you've see any superhero movie ever, then you've seen this one too.

if only because of her

you're a monster op, and im gonna stop you

It's dumb as fuck but I love it.

Truly the greatest film about Christianity.

It is good. Not perfect by any means, but not as flawed as people say. It has high re-watch value, that's rare these days. I like capeshit that takes itself a bit more seriously.

Good
- Absolutely amazing Krypton sequence. When Jor exits the cave and sees the battle raging... the visuals, the music and the acting are nearly as perfect as humanly possible.
- Krypton's set and design
- Zod and Faora
- We finally get to see an actual comic book fight play out in the real world. The destruction, the power, you name it. Don't understand why people bitched about it after demanding it for decades.
- Henry Cavil did a good job, liked him since The Tudors
- Russel Crowe and Kevin Costner casting and performance
- Christopher Meloni as Colonel Hardy was GOAT, pic related

Mediocre
- Lois, definitely was miscast
- Laurence Fishburne, underused

Bad
- FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PUT SOME COLOUR IN YOUR MOVIES ZACK GOD DAMN IT
- Stop invincible son should have been handled differently
- Zod was a bit one dimensional

Meloni was unironically the best thing about the movie.

agreed except for Kevin Costner being good, he was shit

that minor characters are the best thing in the movie should tell you how shit it is

or.. it shows the movie is so good even minor characters stand out

it can be argued both ways you negative marvel shill

Honestly my favorite superhero origins movie

No, it was GOAT

Silver/Bronze Age fan here

MoS was great. It had some serious pacing issues and it's not as good as the 78 film (though which cape film is?)

The fact that it got bad reviews is actually made me feel embarrassed for the critics.

Needed more Skincare Man

I personally thought it was better than the '78 film

The only drawback to the 78 film (as a comic book fan) is that it's way too "tongue in cheek" .

Though that made the ending more impactful when Superman turned back time

>inb4 reeeeee turning back time
Try to understand the language of Cinema

I thought it was mediocre when I saw it in the theater, but now I think it's one of the better capeshit out there.
Zimmer's score is GOAT, one of the few memorable ones in last 5-6 years.

there are some pacing problems there, but casting is mostly great (save for Lois) and the Jesus symbolism is heavyhanded as fuck but it doesn't spoil the movie.

I hate Snyder for what he did with Watchmen, but man at least he is trying to make a movie and not a phoned-in quipfest flick.

We need less origin stories. Every new actor gets a reboot and a new origin story... then the frachise is shut down after the 1st or 2nd movie and we go straight to another origin story with a new actor.

Ahhh forgot the score here, it was 10/10 I didn't mind the Jesus symbolism at all desu

I fell asleep halfway through because I was so bored.

Needing less doesn't mean that it wasn't my favorite.

Wasn't implying anything, just a thought I had while reading your post.

begone thot

why dont the kryptonians just push Mars somewhere else then?

Man of Kino

It's no better or worse than most other capeshit. Just different.

>Was it good?

It was the best DCEU movie

What's wrong with Amy Adams?

nice try, Marvirgin

Yes

except fucking JOHNATHAN KENTS DEATH

died to a twister, from saving a dog, from hurting his ankle
what a fucking crock of shit to end Clark's most memorable part of humanity in childhood

It is decent until the Smallville fight scene.

HAVE MY FUCKING BABIES

10/10 post
fuck Amy Adams she is not Lois Lane

Better than Marvel

mars has no magnetic core, no magnetosphere
Solar flares are mass extinction events

terraforming cannot add a liquid metal core

>HAVE MY FUCKING BABIES
You sound like a fat fag. Anyways I think it is great that Superman is drawn towards older women.

>WW
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>fat
nope
>fag
nope

Eko has been around here longer than you've been on the internet.

I've just abandoned my trip ever since the Sup Forums faggotry showed up in '11.

>Amy Adams is sexy
hue she has no figure, and I bet you'll post otherwise but its all camera angles, its shown in that one movie with her topless (that she holds her tits) that she has a shit figure. 'summer' whatever movie. Forgot.

>- Lois, definitely was miscast
hell no
>- Laurence Fishburne, underused
They didn't bloat the movie, at least. Not a valid complaint.
>Bad
>- FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PUT SOME COLOUR IN YOUR MOVIES ZACK GOD DAMN IT
It has color, though. And it's a trilogy, JLis going to be colorful.
>- Stop invincible son should have been handled differently
hell no
>- Zod was a bit one dimensional
no

>Was it good?
Almost as good as IHOP and a 7-11 slurpee.

What the fuck does "KINO" mean, you fucks?! I've been lurking on this board for like 30 minutes and no one seems to be able to explain what it means! God damn, enough with the fucking Bane pictures and that CIA guy! What's so funny about this?!

No.

Keeping
Inbred
Niggers
Out

Movies with niggers are NOT kino

>JLis going to be colorful.
keep telling yourself that
>>- Zod was a bit one dimensional
>no
he was one dimensional as fuck. i'd like to see some arguments that he isn't

The White Martians would have butt fucked Zod and his small army.

superhero genre isn't my favourite but i actually enjoyed it a l...

wait at first saw i thought that was Dr. Strange, my bad, Man of Steel is shit

When Super killed Zod I got angry!

Yes. BVS and SS were utter shite though

nah sorry zack

>besides the first 2 Raimi spiderman movies
Stop this fucking meme. You're worse than the people that say The Dark Knight is a good movie.

It's a great movie all around and one of the best superhero movies ever made.

Best capeshit ever made since Watchmen DC.

>Spider-man 2

This meme needs to end. Spider-man 2 was utter trash like the entire franchise.

I FUCKING hate superman, and I liked this better than BvS

I thought Cavill was boring as shit as Clark/Superman. But I also don't blame him for that. I blame the writer and director. I like him in other films.

Colonel Hardy was based as fuck. I'd like to point out an extremely minor character who helped me realize what this movie is:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=Pzjb_Rsf7MA?t=250

Look at how shell-shocked he looks. Listen to his delivery. "The alien, sir. Th- That's what they're calling him - Superman." That is a man whose whole world has just changed.

I'd say Zod was more "Single minded" than one dimensional

Yeah, I agree with that. He's a very tragic character. It's amazing that despite the horror and atrocity he's dead-set on committing, he remains a sympathetic villain, noble even.

If Man of Steel was a lead-in for an Injustice type story it would have worked great. But I felt it really failed in making Superman anything that resembled a symbol of hope for Earth that they tried to scrounge together in the beginning of Batman v Superman.

You don't get to just step into the role of an inspirational symbol. You have to work at it, and even your approach matters. That's what these movies are saying about it. It's not enough to be a hero. It's not enough to be a savior. If your angle of attack is off, you just come off inspiring worship, not hope, not heroism. These movies are about Clark finding that approach, achieving a balance.

>m-maybe if I ask every day we'll all have a hearty circlejerk about this piece of dogshit!
Get fucked.

>that blue fucking filter
What do you retards see in this trash?

We see a guy taking a "Nolanverse" setting and slowly, subtly morphing it into a truly comic-book setting over the course of several films.

No.