What the fuck was his problem?

What the fuck was his problem?

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/gallery/GhmRx
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Why did people like Chronicle enough to give Max Landis a career? The plot was generic. Edgy kid with dying mom and abusive dad gets superpowers. Black kid who befriends him is the first one to die.

wow learn to spoiler faggot

>the premise is a spoiler
>black guy dying first is a spoiler

he was bullied and his dad was abusive

>the plot was generic

that's all you had to say

>still a better capeshit than marvel or dc has made

Not really.

>spoiling a 10 year old movie when you could have downloaded and watched it at anytime thanks to the internet
It's hardly a spoiler. I highly doubt you'd ever watch it if you haven't already

They have feminine penis right?

it is tho. Its good cause it feels real where something like marvel or DC it feels like more fiction and fantasy than chronicle does

No, she's a woman, and she's a real clown not just a cosplayer or fetishist.

go back queer

>it feels real
>yet another teenage outcast with superpowers movie
No, not really.

What made it feel real was that they were teenage boys just dealing with their own lives. It never turned into "Save the world" shit like all the comic book movies do. The superpowers felt like a catalyst for these character's normal lives rather than a way to dovetail into some moment where they all become "superheroes."

That said, I thought the ending sequence didn't fit and ruined both the tone and scale of the movie. If they just didn't make the ending so fucking bombastic and """high stakes""" it would have been a perfect movie.

Columbine

Name?

never give a beta power

I think it was great, I can't imagine how the film would have ended without the theme of an unstoppable force meeting an immovable object and the resulting destruction and tragedy. It was everything the end of Man of Steel tried to be, and it was believable to the story and characters.

>tetsuooo

Akira rip off

There is not one unique idea these days. Sure this movie had some commonly-used formulas, but the execution was well done and so the movie was generally well-received.

>b-but tropes!

Name one movie that doesn't borrow it's ideas from some other story. You can't.

>Name one movie that doesn't borrow it's ideas from some other story.
Irreversible

Say what you will about Landis, but know this...

Bright will be the next Star Wars.

You heard it here first.

It's five years old user, five years...

So I guess there's no sequel ever?

This

Wasn't generic at all. How many American movies are about kids getting super powers and just dicking around with them, instead of having to fight some super villains?

This

shaky cam absolutely ruined this for me even though I really liked the premise. Wished there were more deconstructions of the superhero genre that showed what would happen if real people got superpowers.

He was pretty good in A Cure for Wellness. Good movie and I recommend you all go and see it.

Watchmen.

What, ever? Nah.
I've seen 98 theatrically-released capeshit films and I have Chronicle at number 23, though, so it's certainly better than the majority.

Never seen unbreakable?

Don't forget Split.

watch Akira

Goes by the name Micha the Clown
Here's some pictures of her > imgur.com/gallery/GhmRx

If we count Unbreakable as capeshit, does that mean we count Split as capeshit?
Serious question.

yes

Isn't max landis' new film a rip off of shadow run?

Totally.

Tetsuo-syndrome.
Bullied beta manlet gets immense power suddenly and can't handle it.

He was dumb as a brick with hick parents.

chronicle rips off akira so much

Ever met somebody who was abused pretty terribly and very often as a child? I know of two, and they are not very bright. It fits.

>the age of a movie has anything to do with when it is permissable to spoil it

it is a better live action Akira than the abortion that will eventually get made

>neo new york
>you better believe im not kidding

Wow I'm attracted to her now

Imagine Dragons

>thinking unknown people online should adapt to you

It was obviously a chronicle thread, its an older movie. Fuck off.

He lived in Seattle

There was but Max got kicked out of it because it was too dark

James Gunn's best film

Had me laughing and tearing up like a bitch

It was Josh Trank who actually made it work

Imagine getting telekinesis as a superpower and being a GIGANTIC FAGGOT with it instead of enjoying the rest of your life.

> nigger has high str but low dex
Pretty racist movie

Isn't that the question of the day.

Uh memento?