Greatest boxer of our generation

Greatest boxer of our generation

Attached: roy jones jr.jpg (383x594, 31K)

his career was as a can-smasher. The only name fighters on his record are Toney, Hopkins and McCallum.

the rest of them is a mixture of bums and guys who are good fighters but got their name BY fighting him.

Mayweather is far and away the better fighter of our generation.

additionally, one of the common revisionist excuses given for Jones is that he fought everyone there *was* to fight in his prime, aka the mike tyson defense.

In Tyson's case, it is true. In Jones, it absolutely isn't. There were plenty of great middleweights Jones dodged and ducked.

RJJ skills heavily outweigh floyds, that boring defensive style? RJJ had the quickest hands ive seen in my life. Arguably the greatest offensive fighter off all time. In his prime Roy was the greatest show on earth.

>says mayweather better than rjj
>brings up RJJ supposed dodging
How ironic

yeah yeah thats great. I can name plenty of fighters that were as exciting or more exciting than RJJ. But if you want to talk about who is the "greatest boxer" then you need to talk about records and quality of opposition faced.

RJJ has a career full of bums and literally who fighters, including and especially after he became a multiple champion.

Floyd has a significantly better resume, and is undefeated.

While I dont want to go as far as to diminish RJJ's phenomenal athleticism and skill, it is much easier to look superhuman against bum fighters than it is to against quality opposition. The only good fighter Jones looked superhuman against in his prime was a severely weight drained Toney. Against hopkins, although he absolutely won, he didn't look superhuman. Tarver beat the shit out of him. Griffin gave him the shits in both fights despite Jones being significantly larger and having a much longer reach (griffin was a blow up welterweight with t-rex arms..

>Our generation
How old are you OP

Who did RJJ duck

>RJJ skills heavily outweigh floyds,
no
his athleticism was better, floyds boxing skills are far superior

Nunn, Calzaghe, Benn, Mcellan, Collins, Eubank Sr was still active and wanting the jones fight at the time too.

I hesitate to say jones "ducked" these fighters, as it may very well (and probably is) be the fault of his management. But none the less, it remains true that the MW division in his prime was not short on good, name fighters, and Jones instead ended up spending most of his career fighting absolute nobodies.

also dariusz michalczewski

That’s not Holyfield

agreed, Jones jr was a career ducker, I was a superfan but he was a ducker

in his defense I'll say he fought both toney and hopkins very early in his career and completely btfo them, and he fought and won the hw title, even if it was against a minir champion

but he was a ducker and therefore out of any goat discussion

He refused to fight European fighters in Europe because he was afraid he'd be robbed like in Korea

thats Furry or Holyfield

The one thats 50-0

RJJ very easily couldve been 50 if not for his DQ vs Griffin

Can anyone recommend me the best RJJ fights? Which was more exciting? RJJ-Toney or RJJ-Griffin?

Objectively true

I don't do ifs. If a frog had pockets it would carry a knife and stab the snake before it ate him.

The British middleweights didn't want a piece of him either. Eubank said he didn't even think of fighting outside the UK since the British scene was packed.

If his skills outweighed Floyd's he would've remained world class after he lost his athleticism. He wasn't able to adjust as he got old because he didn't have the fundamentals to fall back on