/MotoGP/ General - The most exciting motorsport returns edition

>Countdown to Qatar GP:
racecountdown.com/motogp/#home
(16-18 March)

>/MotoGP/ Streaming
sport365.live/en/player/5aab788f2a06f237804925/33/1021/5aab9045b3823/GrandPrixofQatar/768/432

>News:
Pedrosa will get his 200th MotoGP start this sunday.
Rossi has renewed his contract for two more years (Will run until 41 years old)
The race schedule has changed from previous years
Tech3 leaving Yamaha

10 bings for Moto3 FP1
Are you ready MotoGPbros?

Attached: 1405259472_extras_albumes_0_980.jpg (980x557, 117K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum/showthread.php?203756-MotoGP-2018/page9
montrealssd.dornastream.com/Live720/mystream/index.m3u8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I am ready only if someone can stop Honda. Last years were absolut shit. Lorenzo and Marquez are show killers

This year is gonna be a catastrophe for Yamaha, can't see it going any other way and I'm really not convinced by Dovi's performance in testing

Dovi is really strong this year, he has a great pace

>stop Honda
you mean stop Markek. Sure, all Honda riders were strong during preseason testing but you know Crutchslow and Pedrosa will only get the odd Podium here and there while Markek will steamroll the entire field.

Dovi hasn't the mentality to be a champion. Ducati is good, he is good, but this isn't enough. I doubt that Yamaha could go worse than last year.

I was trying to not going straight to the point, but yeah, someone stop that asshole please

Bastianini is on fire
I have hopes on Mir

/whohere/ going to a race this year?

Bastianini has talent, he needs to express it every race, he could even win something important

last years had amazing races, just championship wise it was meh. and that will remain like that this year and the next ones. why? this are the only real options:
*A TIER*
>Márquez
he is like a combination of primeRossi+Stoner, and that means just unstoppable in any situation. specially now, he learned how to control himself and do some podiums or 4-5th and not going into madman mode every fucking time/at every corner. the only chance for him to not win its really really bad honda start (like a few years ago) or big injury. neither of these will happen, honda learned the lesson and lmaoinjuries@Márquez.
>Viñales
the only one who can defeat Marc. he is like a new version of primePedrosa/Lorenzo, really technical and sharp pilot but aggresive enough for this new era. and like both of them, he needs every aspect controlled and on point aka max autism power for a long period of races to make a big gap championship wise to have a real chance (like he had at the start of the past season). oh, and Yamaha needs to priorize results (Viñales #1 pilot) over marketing (trying to keep Rossi happy/equal to Maverick)
>Zarco
the only "new" pilot who have a chance with Marc and Maverick in the near years to come. and ofc he needs a top official bike: stop being cucked by Yamaha, go to Suzuki and make it great againTM or KTlMao.
*B TIER*
>Dovizioso
he is not a champion, and he will never be. he doesnt have the mentality/cojones for it. years already prove that, and nobody with half brain last year was thinking of him being the champion.
>Lorenzo
he will never adapt to Ducati style to the point of competing for the championship. he will get some good results/wins but thats all. he needed a more agile/nimble type of bike, Yamaha/Suzuki style. he is getting old to become a really top tier pilot again.

>Rossi
he cant adapt to this new era (this 4th generation motoGP) to the point of being a serious stable contender. his best its just doing podiums, and its not able to win like 5-6 races per year anymore to become a real contender. he is over. last chance was 2015 because Márquez/Honda had a horrible start and he manage to get a good points gap. but HE FUCKED UP BIG TIME in Misano and those last 6 races with literally 0 wins and only one 2nd. RIP
>Pedrosa
he will never win a championship with Honda (he needs a totally different style of bike than Márquez). he needed to jump into Yamaha or Suzuki because that would be perfect for his style. but he did not switch, and like the others +30yo pilot I think its already too late for them ;_;
*C TIER*
>Crashlow
he is a fucking joke. the definition of meme pilot: irregular, dumb and a babycrying on top of all that. no, you dont deserve an official bike and never did.
>Petrucci
he needed official Ducati support to have a little chance to become a contender, and with Dovi performance and the Lorenzo bet, he got fucked. I dont think Danilo can performance top tier level with another bike that official Ducati.
>Espargaró brothers
they are good but not good enough. classic 2nd tier type of pilots at their best.
>Iannone
will he ever wake up from his JUST state? I dont think so.

>Viñales
>More like Whinhales
Ayy Lmao

Dovi will win Qatar

>Are you ready MotoGPbros?
Fuck yes
WSBK is a okay filler but MotoGP is the real deal.
I can't wait for Bo Bendsneyder to win the Moto2 championship this year.

Maybe

>Dutch
>Winning anything

we got fastest lap on the test race last month in sepang but our problem was never speed. it was always endurance. i lost count on how many times last season lorenzo amazingly fast but suddenly slowed down. i don't trust michellin yet.
also ugh general. don't ruin motogp thread making it a general. keep it a race thread.

A general won't survive anyway.
A race thread at the start of qualifying generally makes the next day.

>Chatham

*ONLY DREAMS NOW*
>Pedrosa winning a MotoGP championship -> RIP
>Rossi winning the 10th -> RIP
>Viñales staying in Suzuki and winning the championship -> RIP
>Márquez going into Ducati or KTM and winning the championship -> STILL HOPE
>Suzuki/KTM winning a MotoGP championship with any pilot (maybe Zarco? ;_; ) -> STILL HOPE
>Aprilia being able to win some races -> NEVER
>Kawasaki please come back -> NEVER

post which dreams you had in these years and for the next ones.

Bastianini, Mir, Morbidelli and Bulega are the ones I expect good things from.

>this delusional
sorry duchbro

I want Vinales to go back to Suzuki and develop it into a team capable of winning the championship.
I'm also hoping that Morbidelli replaces Pedrosa when his contract runs out

I love to see others also dreamed about Viñales-Suzuki :)
and for Morbidelli to replace Pedrosa... Franco will need to do amazingly well in the next 2-3 years for that. and I think he will need to fight against Zarco? Rins? Mir? for that place

When does Dani's contract run out, I can see Honda prefering Mir to Morbidelli unfortunately

well, it makes more sense too, Mir will be the young promise pilot and Márquez the "veteran" one (I hope Marc will be in Ducati/KTM in a few years but still). I see more potential in Mir too than in Morbidelli but we need to wait

all I want is for Markek to win more championships than Rossi so yellowcaps will finally shut the fuck up about "Muh greatest of all time"

anyone knows a good free stream of the practices?

t. poor brazilian motorcyclist

acestream://32ae42fe4b7df428437e55e9c051ab6156f55fa3

Márquez need to get like +12? championships and winning with other brand than just Honda and still, Rossi will always have a place in GOAT heavens because he was the last one of the golden era (500cc, 2strokes bikes, first 999cc, etc.) + still old and "winning" and nobody will ever be the mediatic/marketing/charisma character Valentino was.

in OP there is a shitty link. and please stop commiting crime in your dirt bike macaco

Marquez has won 6 championships (4 in MotoGP), Rossi has won 9 (7 in MotoGP). That means Marquez only needs to win another 3 MotoGP championships to equal Rossi. By then he will have beaten every other record set by Rossi or Hailwood/Agostini as well.

Regarding "muh golden era", I think this era is even more golden than the last one. Much more incredible talent (Lorenzo, Rossi, Pedrosa, Vinales, Dovi, Zarco) and much closer competition between the bikes (Honda, Yamaha and Ducati have championship bikes). Rossi won most of his championships in MotoGP riding against a single opponent (Biaggi), I rate Marc's championships up to now higher (had to ride vs. Rossi/Lorenzo/Pedrosa) than Rossi's first 4 MotoGP championships.

thank you

thanks, but won't stop

>golden era
>championships against Gibernau, Biaggi, Capirossi + handmade tyres for him
yeah no, look what happened as soon as serious competition entered the field:

Rossi vs Stoner 2007 - 2012
102 starts 99starts
21 wins 38 wins
20.5% 38.4%
2 titles 2 titles

Rossi vs Pedrosa
191 starts 182 starts
35 wins 29 wins
18.3% 15.9%
2 titles 0 titles

Rossi vs Lorenzo
Overall
2008 - 2016
156 starts 156 starts
26 wins 44 wins
16.7% 28.2%
2 titles 3 titles

On the same equipment
2009-2010 2013-2016
103 starts 106 starts
17 wins 34 wins
16.5% 32%
1 title 2 titles

Rossi vs Marquez
72 starts 72 starts
9 wins 29 wins
12.5% 40.3%
0 titles 3 titles

those are the stats from before last season, no? Markek has won 4 MotoGP titles now

gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum/showthread.php?203756-MotoGP-2018/page9

Any of you guys can post his new streaming link? I don't have an account and I doubt he's gonna give it to a new user with zero posts.

yeah it seems so, I just grabbed the info from a forum. Including the past season would make Rossi look worse, given that it was his worst non-ducati season

1 hour to FP2's

but Márquez will never have those 2 romantic/magic things of 500cc/2 strokes bikes winner and the worldwide super charismatic figure.
and btw, Márquez need to win with another brand than Honda (Ducati/KTM) for 1-2 championships. all championships with the most powefull and abusing brand weill diminish the wins. +10 championships including some with another brand than Honda = Márquez GOAT.

*BOPE your shit up*

>serious competition
>only the literally best generation ever counts
if you base any argument on that, then not a single MotoGP legend championship is worth shit.
>handmade tyres for him
thats just HondaFerrari tailoring the rules for them tier desu

lets check pic related, and the 4 generations Rossi faced:
>1st gen
the last days of the 500cc era, Rossi was young to this generation.
2000 - amazing debut (I think only Pedrosa and Márquez did as good/better 1st season) and 2nd place overall
2001 - total dominance 1st place
1.5/2
>2nd gen
this is his generation, his prime, the better years of an athlete: early 20 to 30.
2002 - total dominance 1st place
2003 - total dominance 1st place
2004 - 1st place winning with Yamaha(11years without winning factory) at his 1st year
2005 - total dominance 1st place
2006 - 2nd place, unlucky year (nobody will dare to deny Hayden divine luck)
4/5 +the extra of switching Honda for Yamaha and winning right away
>3rd gen
this is his +30 yo "Im already old" era, against the most talented generation in history in that time with prime Pedrosa, Lorenzo, Stoner and Simoncelli.
2007 - 3rd place, 1 point away from 2nd. Stoner/Ducati magical year (with some trickery "handmade tyres" tier)
2008 - total dominance 1st place
2009 - 1st place
2010 - 3rd position, big injury 4 races out no chance at all
2011 - DUCATED, shit season. still better Ducati debut(with a B tier bike) than Lorenzo (with an A tier bike able to win 6 races and a sub championship)
2012 - DUCATED, shit season
2/6 +1 injured season

Attached: timeline.jpg (1673x804, 367K)

>2011 - DUCATED, shit season. still better Ducati debut(with a B tier bike) than Lorenzo (with an A tier bike able to win 6 races and a sub championship)

>Better than Lorenzo
>7th vs 7th
>139p vs 137p
>1 podium vs 2 podiums
>A bike that comes from win 7 races in the previous 2 years is a B tier bike and a bike that comes from win only 2 races is an A tier bike

U WOT M8

he's just a simple yellowcap, be lenient

>4th gen
the wtf Im still doing here era being +35yo, against the most talented and balanced (factories level) generation in history ever again with prime Márquez, Viñales and veteran gen Pedrosa, Lorenzo and Dovizioso.
2013 - 4th position, shit season, looking really slow and bad with only 1 win
2014 - 2nd place, not close to 1st
2015 - 2nd place, only 5 points away from 1st
2016 - 2nd place
2017 - 5th place, shit season
0/5 with 3 sub championships while being +35yo

a recap: he had one of the best debut ever in his 2 initial seasons with the 500cc/2 strokes bikes on top of that. he dominate his generation with 4 of 5 championships, switching factory included. he was able to win 2 championships of 6 against a new prime generation while being +30yo. he was able to get 3 sub championships in the last 5 years while being +35yo.

in 18 season:
x7 world championships (in 3 different generations, in the 500cc/2 strokes mithical era, switching brand and winning 1st year after that )
x5 sub championships (in 4 different generations)
x2 3rd place seasons (1 of them big injuried)
x4 shit seasons

he beated at least one time (we include all seasons overall position) every top pilot in the last 2 of the 4 generations he compited against, while being +30yo/+35yo:
Championships won against Pedrosa, Stoner and Lorenzo
better than Márquez at 2015 (2nd position to 3rd position) and Viñales* (2nd position to 4th)
*= this is the only not 100% fair fact, cause Viñales/Suzuki was not a top factory, but fuck it because Valentino was 37yo.

now, my conclusion: if this year 2018 Valentino Rossi is not able to win more than 1-2 races, and ending the season at least at 3rd in the overall, this should be his final year, period. his 2017 was shit and clear declive, if 2018 is another year to confirm that then its time to get out. I dont want 2 more years after a shit 2018 of Vale just being mediocre while being in a top tier team. this 2018 should be his last year.

>better than Lorenzo (literally true)
>7th vs 7th
>2 points more (so podiums doesnt matter)
>1st ducati in the championship vs 2nd ducati
>denying ducati 2017 had by far a better potential/performance than ducati 2011.
>ducati 2017 already on the A tier route and not mainly develop by Lorenzo
>ducati 2011 being a totally new project carried totally by Rossi
and I already counted 2011 and 2012 as shit seasons for Rossi no matter what

but trying to deny than 1st ducati season was worse for Lorenzo than for Rossi, even the difference being very small, is really retarded of you guys.

oh, and I want Márquez to ride for Ducati (or KTM) in +2020, win 1 championship at least with another factory than Honda, getting 10 championships or more and become the true GOAT

markek is already goater than the so called """"goat""""

Can’t wait for the inevitable 5 stages of grief by rossifags once the season starts going.

6 championships > 9 championships ?¿?
all of them with the most powerful abusive factory > someone who switched factory from that best one to the 2nd one who was not winning for the last 11 years and yet he won at the 1st year after the switch ?¿?

if Márquez win 12 or more championships with Honda > Rossi (yes, he need a few extra ones to compensante being an hondafag for life)
if Márquez win 10 or more championships including other factory than Honda > Rossi

one or the other route will be accomplish 99% for sure, and I will be happy af.

>grief
>when I already said this 2018 will be shit for Vale and he should retire already
any """"rossifag"""" already know that 2015 was his last chance, and he fucked up big time in Misano and not winning a single race of the 6 last ones.

the level of retardation you are showing guys is trully Sup Forums

>all of them with the most powerful abusive factory
out of markek's 4 MotoGP championships he had the best bike for 1 season. 2 seasons he had the worst out of the top 3 bikes and 1 season the bike was on par with Yamaha.

markek would win the championship on everything but an aprilia at the moment

>out of markek's 4 MotoGP championships he had the best bike for 1 season. 2 seasons he had the worst STARTING out of the top 3 bikes WHILE BEING THE FACTORY WHO WAS ABLE EVOLVE IT THE MOST and 1 season the bike was on par with Yamaha
thats the thing with Honda, even when they manage to fuck it up, they have an amazing capacity of reaction/improvement, not any other factory can match it (lmao at Yamaha last year/this year)
>markek would win the championship on everything but an aprilia/KTM at the moment
I totally agree. but he still need to change factory at some point (and he will win for sure if he leaves Honda for Ducati or KTM in the near future)

>there is people who will deny this is the best helmet design

lmao at (You)

Attached: 2005.jpg (1515x501, 188K)

ducati > suzuki > honda > yamaha on FP2

fug whats going on. I want to #belive in Suzuki

they fixed their engine already last year at aragon test, but weren't allowed to change it, because muh rules. now they can and this is the result. they should have quite a good year, which is nice.

its a shame that they dont have a top tier pilot like maverick anymore ;_; Rins will be able to do some podiums thou

also

>>markek 54.850
>>pedrosa 54.851
>>crutchlow 54.852
>>rossi 54.853

pottery

I want to believe on Rins

me too, but I dont think he will be able to be a viñales 2.0
>imagine Zarco in Suzuki the next year

>even when they manage to fuck it up, they have an amazing capacity of reaction/improvement, not any other factory can match it (lmao at Yamaha last year/this year)
Dude, pls. Hon have the exact same problem since 2015.
Thanks to Marc, Those bikes didn't looks so horrible.

>I want to #belive in Suzuki
In Losail only? Then go ahead.
Because this is the track where Honda always lose.
But the real best bike ranking for this season is:
Duc > Hon > Yam = Suz > Etc.

>Pedrosa will get his 200th MotoGP start this sunday.
Saddest thing is he will never win MotoGP.
What a shame though. His skill is miles better than Lorenzo & Stoner.
If only he's not total manlet.

so? they are still the better ones to improve mid season. then they fucked up again at the start of the season by not listening their pilots, and the cycle starts again. not this year thou. I predict an easy year for Márquez.
Ducati >(very slightly) Honda >>> Suzuki = Yamaha

>yfw Pedrosa with Yamaha will have a few MotoGP championships
:(

So Folger is done forever ? That actually makes me sad.

>the malasian Pescao is utterly shit with his bike

Attached: 1477107760110.png (1150x1600, 970K)

I heard he was making progress.

Most exciting racing has a guy named Rossi, but his first name is Alex.

Bumping

Attached: 3003_01_2018_qat_mgp_friday_edit_antidopaje_en_0.middle.jpg (800x450, 53K)

Attached: magapepetard.jpg (1000x800, 110K)

Go on Cal!

Attached: 25042016_Cal1_.jpg (640x425, 88K)

Calling us Rossifags when the only fact that you have is "Marc could win with every team"
Did Marc win 9 titles? NO
Is Marc loved all around the world? Fuck NO
Has Marc ever tried a different team? AHAHA NO
So what are you talking about?
Rossi is GOAT, and he will always be. Marc has so much to prove, maybe he will be a legend someday, but Rossi IS MotoGP.

Thoughts on pole positions?

>Did Marc win 9 titles? NO
Just wait
>Is Marc loved all around the world? Fuck NO
Rossi neither
>Has Marc ever tried a different team? AHAHA NO
Marc will easily win the championship if he switch to Ducati right now.
Be grateful he's still on Honda, the hardest bike to ride.
>Rossi is GOAT, and he will always be. Marc has so much to prove, maybe he will be a legend someday, but Rossi IS MotoGP.
It's easy to become a GOAT if the hardest competitors are on Hayden - Gibernau level.
Also, Rossi turned Yam into winning bike years ago because of Burgess who also the chief mechanic of the unbeatable Doohan.

Attached: 6es.png (388x130, 4K)

Why couldnt Alexerder Rossi into F1s? Is too slow?

Pls help

Attached: 1520806771003.jpg (412x475, 28K)

>Fast in testing
>Shits the bed at Qatar of all places. A Ducati-Wins-Lol circuit.

This has gotta be Jack Miller exposed right? Just fuck our shit up why can we only produce meme-riders like the Americans now.

Attached: ai5yh1iowyc01.jpg (768x960, 67K)

lmao

Time to moto3

It's funny cause all that you could say it's the same bullshit of the other one.
>muh he can win with everything
Not proven
>meh he will win a lot of titles
Not proven
>heh it was easier
What make you think that it was easier? You looked the statistics into MotoGP videogames?
>Honda the hardest bike to ride
Everyone knows that Honda is the best since 2005, Biaggi won easily with Honda, Vale got so bored with an easy bike like that and changed to a random one because he was BORED.
Just fly away haterbabies

Who is the new cunt doing the english commentary on motogp com who sounds like he's talking into a SHIT microphone? The one who doesn't sound like he's 12.

Just another overrated rider

I quite like the guy with the bad mic. I'm not in love with the English guy but I'll give him his season in the lower classes to grow/grow on me.

the new zealander?

Nah the kiwi is the pit lane guy. This guy is in the booth and I think he's scottish but now that I try and remember his accent I don't think I can.

My thoughts and prayers are with Rossi, but I think he will be no more than 6th. For pole my guess is Marquez followed by Dovi

will whoregay fags even dare to show up in these threads this season

I'm always here to defy the Rossi brigade.

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-03-17 13-47-42.png (921x826, 381K)

Here we are won't turn away now

Attached: C_IujHTXkAA0hfg.jpg (848x1199, 195K)

>A fast lap in free practice means you're good meme
>le cunt meme

>a fan of Autismo Lorenzo is a valehater
what a surprise!

Rossi is currently the GOAT, nobody can deny that. again, like I said, Márquez needs 10 or + championships and winning with another factory, or 12 or + championships if he wants to be an hondafag for life (to compensate it).

will he be able to do it, one thing or the other? yes, but we still need to wait. until then, shut the fuck up. and nobody will ever be as charismatic as Rossi, because that type of worldwide phenomena is just a 1 thing only. period. if you cant understand that, you prob are a millenial.

I WANT TO BELIVE IN SUZUKI

do you think this year he will be able to be better than Dovi and compete for the championship?

>nobody will ever be as charismatic as Rossi
the man is two faced, he plays it up for the cameras

>Uccio will never suck you off like he does with Vale

>do you think this year he will be able to be better than Dovi and compete for the championship?

I hope this

any non newfag already knew that. Rossi was always like that, since the 125cc era. same as Schumacher, Senna, etc. the classic person who is all friendly laughts and jokes but when shit hit the fan he turns into a dirty cheeky cunt. I never saw that as a bad thing per se.
I think he will be able to do some podiums and 1-2 wins but thats it. he will have his autism kicking in half of the circuits resulting on fading back and being 8-9th.

Just because Jorge is more down to earth and not a clown to his fans and a backstabbing cunt does not make him autistic.

when he was young he copied rossi but then he grew up and realised rossi is a faggot

>0.001 between 1st and 2nd

FP 3 RESULTS:
2018 Qatar MotoGP - Free Practice (3) Results

1. Johann Zarco (YZR-M1) 1m 54.966s [Lap 15/15] 333km/h (Top Speed)
2. Jack Miller (GP17) 1m 55.463s +0.497s [15/16] 334k
3. Danilo Petrucci (GP18) 1m 55.668s +0.702s [10/10] 342k
4. Marc Marquez (RC213V) 1m 55.750s +0.784s [16/18] 338k
5. Andrea Iannone (GSX-RR) 1m 55.777s +0.811s [14/15] 334k
6. Dani Pedrosa (RC213V) 1m 55.830s +0.864s [15/17] 339k
7. Andrea Dovizioso (GP18) 1m 55.980s +1.014s [10/10] 343k
8. Jorge Lorenzo (GP18) 1m 56.009s +1.043s [17/17] 341k
9. Valentino Rossi (YZR-M1) 1m 56.049s +1.083s [8/13] 335k
10. Cal Crutchlow (RC213V) 1m 56.058s +1.092s [15/15] 338k
11. Aleix Espargaro (RS-GP) 1m 56.131s +1.165s [15/16] 337k
12. Pol Espargaro (RC16) 1m 56.260s +1.294s [13/15] 339k
13. Alex Rins (GSX-RR) 1m 56.286s +1.320s [16/16] 333k
14. Tito Rabat (GP17) 1m 56.310s +1.344s [12/12] 333k
15. Hafizh Syahrin (YZR-M1)* 1m 56.604s +1.638s [17/17] 329k
16. Franco Morbidelli (RC213V)* 1m 56.779s +1.813s [13/16] 330k
17. Alvaro Bautista (GP17) 1m 56.859s +1.893s [18/18] 335k
18. Scott Redding (RS-GP) 1m 56.875s +1.909s [12/13] 325k
19. Thomas Luthi (RC213V)* 1m 57.046s +2.080s [16/17] 329k
20. Maverick Viñales (YZR-M1) 1m 57.118s +2.152s [13/14] 333k
21. Karel Abraham (GP16) 1m 57.146s +2.180s [15/15] 336k
22. Bradley Smith (RC16) 1m 57.208s +2.242s [15/16] 335k
23. Xavier Simeon (GP16)* 1m 57.519s +2.553s [13/14] 335k
24. Takaaki Nakagami (RC213V)* 1m 57.688s +2.722s [17/17] 329k
>Losail is Yamaha's most beloved circuit
>Yamaha Factory Team can't even dominating this one
Yeah, they're doomed for real this season.
Hondas will only rape them in hot condition.

so when does Q1 start?

17:20 - 17:35 MotoGP q1
17:45 - 18:00 MotoGP q2

bonus: stream
montrealssd.dornastream.com/Live720/mystream/index.m3u8
open in vlc, potplayer mpv etc.

thanks dutchbro

which of the moto2 teams are using the triumph engine?

all of them... next year

Zarco top.

Zarco confirmed 2018 champion

>Zarco confirmed 2018 champion
Not so fast, Sweds.

>Sam Lowes crashed
hahahaha