Dracula: Dead and Loving It

Dracula, 1931, Spanish-language version

Fright Night

Stargate Atlantis
Space Vampires

Blade 2 and

interview with a vampire

Salems Lot

What We Do in The Shadows? the werewolf rivalry that they had was pretty top notch too.

What we do in the shadows

Let the right one in is really number one? The US version was toilet.

Weak fucking recs. user if you serious check Near Dark.

My ratings. And the US version gave Hakan a bigger role and was truer to the book in other ways, so I consider it more of a readaptation than a remake of the Swedish film. And it was quite good, imo. What was toilet about it?

That lump of shit has a zombie movie but doesn't have 40 Days and 40 Nights
Get fucked go fuck your fucking self

>40 Days and 40 Nights
Is that the one about the vampires that don't suck blood for that long?

Is nosferatu a dracula?

My short list:

Let The Right One In
Fright Night
The Lost Boys
Dracula (1992) (yeah, yeah, but the sets and costumes were great. I mean, come on, Gary Oldman's butt hair.)
40 Days of Night
Spring (is this a vampire movie? I don't give a shit, I thought it was cool)
Nosferatu
What we Do In The Shadows
Shadow of the Vampire

yes

Yes

How does Dance of the Vampires hold up?
I remember parts of it from when I was a kid, but I'm not sure I want to go back to it if it's shit.

Near Dark was great. There aren't nearly enough Sabbat vampire movies out there. This, Lost Boys and 40 Days of Night stand out.

please go back to that other site

So what were they? Brujah antitribu?

Yes.
Hyped for the "We're wolves" sequel

The Hunger

Byzantium is incredible

only lovers left alive was really cool. lost boys is a must if you haven't. let the right one in was excellent. i tend to watch all vampire movies cuz ive loved vampires since i was a kid and dark shadows remake was on tv. joanna going's boobs might've gave me my first wood. anyway, most vampire movies are shit but the three i mentioned are cool

Priest is pretty underrated.

Agree completely, reminded me of VTMB.

30 Days of Night was cool

What? No. That's a fucking terrible movie.

john carpenter's vampires was comfy kino

reddit faggot pleb please leave

Could you use more buzzwords?

Seriously, the film is not good. I've seen a few people obsess about it and it's mainly because of that potato.

the backstory alone makes it worth of being called incredible. the fact that the girl has been knowing her victims from decades ago, all the old people say thank you, she is a benevolent vampire
the fact that even though they are immortal and powerful the mom still has to be a whore to get money... you would think an immortal powerful strong vampire like them could get money easily.
the fact that she became a vampire by mistake in a society of male vampires. the fact that the girl after hundreds of years found love.

This movie has a lot of deeper levels and a lot of cool things that you dont see in vampire movies. the loneliness, the desperation of the young girl. the fear of being alone and misunderstood.
you really are a faggot if you didnt get any of this. or why it is so great

Daybreakers is kino.

tumblr/10

What are the best vamp movies that feel like vtmb anyway?
As in vampires hiding in plain sight, manipulating society but without too much stupid bullshit.

Revenge of the Surfboarding Killer Bikini Vampire Girls

Its amazing how much nudity they put in this flick.

Blade, unironically.

Just swap out Blade being an Imbued Hunter, rather than dhampyr, because dhampyrs are the sign of the Time of Judgement.

Blade also has one of the most badass lines ever uttered in an action movie.

One of my favorites.

all of those sounds fucking horrible

>Blade also has one of the most badass lines ever uttered in an action movie.

Which one? The one from the third film?

>Blade, ready to die?
>I was born ready, motherfucker

Probably "always some motherfucker trying to ice skate uphill"

Can't remember a damn thing about Blade 3 other than shit like "Drake" and Jessica Biel's sex arms

I rewatch Blade 3 because of Parker Posey, who plays Danica Talos. She's so weird looking in the film, but also appealing.

Muh nigga

I really liked it. I'd love it if they delved more into the setting with different characters. I feel like those characters have run their course.

Nice and gritty, good humor, solid action, great personalities on display and conflicting. Saw it in theaters back in the day, best decision I could have made.

Let the Right One In is amazing. Not sure why Let Me In is on there, let alone some of the other junk on the list.

I much prefer Nosferatu and Nosferatu the Vampyre to Dracula 1931. A Girl Walks Home Alone at Night is one of the more interesting Vampire films I've seen in ages. I Am Legend fails at its premise, someone needs to adapt the actual fucking book one day. Shadow of the Vampire should be required watching for any Vampire movie fan. The Monster Squad is more of a monster romp, including multiple types of monster, from the perspective of kids. It's nice but I wouldn't call it a vampire movie specifically. The Last Man on Earth and the Omega Man both are preferable to I Am Legend and I say this as a Will Smith fan (Will was NOT the problem with I Am Legend). Salem's Lot is a decent vampire flick, but it's based on a King story so . . . expect King. Day Breakers has its flaws, but it felt fresh at the time I saw it. Trick 'r Treat is a GREAT Halloween movie, not specifically a great Vampire movie. Blade 1 and 2 are well worth watching.

Also, maybe I missed it, but I found it hard to believe The Lost Boys wasn't on there. Great film.

>A Girl Walks Home Alone at Night is one of the more interesting Vampire films I've seen in ages

Why is it interesting?

Isn't someone called a cock guzzling thunder cunt by Deadpool?

The approach, in several ways. First with the characters. their backgrounds, their race is simply an out of the ordinary choice. It makes you ask how one culture's view of vampires may differ.

The second is the look of the vampire, how she clothes herself, something you don't often see from a Vampire in films. I like that they remembered that the characters needed to be characters, as the plot progresses and things get worse, it's a very Human tale. Take out the Vampire and little has to change to keep the story going. The Vampire is certainly a Vampire, kills people, does what Vampires do, but ultimately her part in the story is a Human part.

They remembered what a good zombie movie remembers, that the zombies aren't the worst monsters. That's for the Humans. A Vampire eats people because they're food, and that's what the Vampire needs to eat to live. That's not monstrous, it's no different than why we eat food. So the stance of the movie remembering that the Vampire is just a person, and that the Humans in the story can be, potentially, worse, because their actions aren't on the note of hunger, and you're food, is a good and steady note to stay on.

My take of course. The visuals were the most striking thing.

Most likely. Or a mixed Nomad pack.

Felt more like Gangrel to me.

No use of Animalism or Protean though.

Interesting. I'll check it out.

city gangrel

City Gangrel still have Protean though.

The second half is absolute dogshit. Also just because its black n white doesnt make it any deeper. Its a solid 5,5 out of 10, no more.

I'll agree the second half is the lesser half, though I'll disagree on the extent that you've suggested. I didn't suggest being black & white made it deeper, however. It certainly made it striking, and its poster art was equally eye catching, but I'd certainly never claim the visual choices on their own made it deeper. Nor did I.

It's the one where a bunch of masquerade breaking neonates think they're geniuses for going to a place that has a long ass night time.

Only Lovers Left Alive was so comfy.

>No Vampires Kiss

It's got prime Nic Cage

Once Bitten

>that dancing scene

youtube.com/watch?v=fuk--kEGvGE

Oh sweet boner.

Vampyros Lesbos

The Hunger
Byzantium
Interview with the Vampire
Near Dark
The Lost Boys
Fright Night 1&2 (originals)
Nosferatu
Dracula's Daughter
Vampiros Lesbos
The Vampire Lovers/Lust for a Vampire/Twins of Evil/ùCaptain Kronos: Vampire Hunter
A Girl Walks Home Alone at Night
Vamp
Vampyr
Lemora: A Child's Tale of the Supernatural
Daughter of Darkness (Stuart Gordon tv movie)
Lair of the White Worm
Van Helsing
LXG
Blade
From Dusk Till Dawn

cont'd

tv series:

Vampire High (not what it sounds like, they don't go to school with humans like some Vampire Diaries season 1 shit, this is the closest to a Vampire the Masquerade tv show we ever got, even more so than Kindred: the Embrace)

Blood Ties

Forever Knight (and the original pilot called Nick Knight)

Dracula: the Series (but that may be my Mia Kirshner inner fanboy talking here)

>Daughter of Darkness (Stuart Gordon tv movie)

Vampires that drink blood by splitting their tongues until a tentacle with a circle of tiny teeth at the end pops up is so Stuart Gordon.

>see this on late night tv in the 90s
I've wondered what the name of that movie was for so long.

30 days of night bros

I like Interview With the Vampire. I've read a lot of the books in that series and, to me, it's a solid vampire film that really is more from the POV of the vampires. It sort of humanizes them. Vampire films where the vampire is just this mindless demon thing don't really do it for me.

I also really enjoy the 1992 Dracula with Gary Oldman. Solid film, that one.