Rare Culture/Ethnicity thread

Rare Culture/Ethnicity thread

Anyone here the Sup Forums equivalent of a shiny Pokemon?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=S3NMAfCnVrE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Rare in America but not in the world :(

Who? I can't think of an example

skinny people

North African.

youtube.com/watch?v=S3NMAfCnVrE

Oh cool! Morocco? Tunisia?

Tunisian. No, I can't speak Arabic. I'm an idiot who didn't learn it when I was young.

I am a shiny pokemon in the sense that I am the only one in my class who wears colorful clothes.

Kill me user, I'm half Pashtun/Hazara and Mexican. The only benefit is that I'm tall compared to the other beaners, and I'm nowhere near as stupid as my estranged kin in Herat.

No judgment senpai. Lived in the DR for two years and failed to learn Spanish

I'm Afromexican

that's pretty dang shiny m8. Where's your black side from?

How does that work? First the Pashtun-Hazara, and then that + Mexican? Two very improbable levels of combination.

My father came from Afghanistan after his sister busted her ass in school, bringing her family as political refugees since the Soviets suspected them of being American agents/supporters. The whole family is Shia from Herat, so I suspect Hazara, but I don't look even remotely asian and neither did my father. So I just toss in Pashtun since I don't know for sure, I don't talk with that side of the family anymore. All I know is my aunt is some bigshot at the UN who does a shitload of education initiatives for people in Afghanistan.

My mother met him since he lived in Dearborn, the biggest arab/MENA community in America when you account for how concentrated the pop of muslims/chaldeans is there. From there I was sprung.

5/10 combo, life has sucked hard for a lot of time. I hate academic rigor when it's enforced, but I learn fine on my own and I recked my classmates in every reading and writing challenge early on. Class was too tedious, and I was a lazy shithead, so academically I'm a dead end garbage pile. The only thing going for me is I'm a lot more outgoing and charismatic when I'm travelling/adventuring (I do too much stupid shit to pretend it's all just travel and not some psychological need to live out my wanderlust). I genuinely think my genetics from the paternal side factor into my hatred for the modern office/suburban lifestyle. It irks at my mind every second of every day.

is an actual Filipino with Spanish ancestry considered an equivalent of a shiny pokemon?

My mom is from Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic.

Im white in America rare ethnic group

Herat
>pashtun
Your tajik

But I thought Herat has a Hazara majority? Plus the Tajik are Sunni. My family were Shia. Are there Tajik shia?

Interesting.

Nvm I'm a retard, it's Tajik majority. 2% Hazara along with minorities of Turkmen and Uzbeks. Holy shit what a demographic clusterfuck. God I might actually have to talk with my senpai about this, seriously how the fuck do so many people settle in one area.

I'm Arbëreshë, which is pretty rare. About 0.005% of the world population, so almost 3x as rare as a shiny (1/8192).

>the Sup Forums equivalent of a shiny Pokemon

It was always like that user. Herat is one of the most famous/historical citities in the Persian/khorosan empire.

are you half or full afghan?

I am Suebi (Portuguese)

paternally afghan. maternally mexican.

sing a song for us

ohh gawd

Heres mine

yeah yeah I know, Amerimutt extreme edition. Whatever. You weren't wrong about Herat, a shitload of dynasties were founded there, including the Duranni one. Funny how the Iranians don't dream of snatching it considering how shit it is under Afghan rule.

I kek'd at the Corsica/Sardinia flag. Not bad. Man I miss the old int from 2011, muh heritage threads were the shit.

I only put that because my dad calls his grandmother Corsican and not French for some reason.

WE

To be fair the Corsicans are proud of their ethnicity. I think they had their own movement with bombs and political violence back in the 70's I think.

Now that I think about it, there is some irony in a moor killer flag being paired up with literal moors (north african). That said, I don't think Tunisians are that dark. More a bizarre mixture of Greek/Phoenician and Arab.

My ancestor :)

Phoenicians were absorbed into the Latin speaking roman population(who were later destroyed by Arab invasion of Carthage and refugee'd) I think Tunisia is more Berber+Arab.

I'm half-Burmese. Not quite shiny status, more of an uncommon. Maternal grandfather was the first Burmese Air Attache to Great Britain after it gained independence; he was highly enough placed to survive the 1962 coup. Mom GTFO'd in 1978, came to the US.

not me, obviously.

I stand corrected. I suppose the Mediterranean arab slave trade whitened them a bit though. The arabs in my courses here in Dearborn are usually dark, but a lot of them are white to the point of looking WASPy without fail. Ginger hair, blue eyes, brown hair, blonde hair. There are some pretty light featured folks from the region.

Burmese is pretty neato. Rare as fuck too, I think there are more Hmong in the US than any of the sub-ethnics from Myanmar.

I imagine you have dark features? I've seen some weird hapa types, but rarely with light hair. Light eyes? Sure. Never hair.

I have seen some very strange hapas IRL and in the media. Always seem to be girls. Light eyes, light hair and light skin.
Pic related: Miss Thailand who is half Thai but doesn't even look 1/4 Thai.

I personally have light skin but dark hair and eyes.

Half thai?! She could pass for an Aussie/NZer easily. Hit the golden combo of genes I s'pose. I can live with dark hair and skin, but I'd burn an orphanage down for green eyes. Not hazel green, but proper green eyes. Blue and brown are eh.

t. Sophisticles Argoncillo

She could pass for white in NZ and Aus yeah, and probably Canada and US. I'm not sure about Europe though.

Maybe the lighting in the photo is off, and her face is at an angle where I don't see chinkyness, but she is def white in Europe. There are Spanish and Italian women I've met that have darker skin.

Did my own half-assedly

Hapas are really hard to define with one picture. Sometimes they look white sometimes they look Asian. In other pictures you can see she's not completely white but people here get really confused and she'd probably still pass.

Russian Dutch is rare as fuck. You've gotta be taller than a mountain, right?

I think the clothing is more asian than any feature, but the hair at that angle does seem quite different. All I know is I would bone her till my dick bled. Those are some amazing features.

Nah senpai. All our stats went into looks and longevity. We're not short, but not burly Russians. The Friesen side is quite lanky sometimes.

Based. Frisians are the best of the Dutch.

Given the meme of the month I'll chime in on the basis of being thoroughbred WASP.

Bosniak
more rare than the jew

New Englander I imagine?

Bosnian or Bosniak? I never understood the difference.

Bosnian = nationality
Bosniak = ethnicity, muslims of bosnia

probably not that rare in NZ and Aus, but I'd imagine I'd be the only person with Tongan blood in most places I visit if I left Oceania.

Although there is a sizeable community in California, Hawaii and Arizona(I have a lot of relatives in these places and visited them a few years ago).

Not recently; most of my ancestors moved west early. Which makes the lack of literally anything but English names in my family tree even stranger. I'm not just talking two generations back, either; most records have gone back 200+ years before vanishing into New England and the Maritimes and the oldest new world ancestors I could find date to 1628 and 1640 - on different sides of the family.

Ye rare outside of NZ and Aus.

Alright, makes sense. Weird there isn't a specific name for christian Bosnians.
Pls be GF. That said most pacific islanders seem to settle on our west coast. Apparently them and the Hawaiians have an appreciation for Spam and Pork'n Beans. Whole chains cater to their desire to mix spam and other canned food with weird stuff. Kinda cool desu.
I don't get it with English families. They show up in glorious New England and then immediately uproot themselves to the western territories. Connecticut and Massachusetts would have been super populated today had people not ditched for California and the midwest.

That is pretty rare. Your flesh is unicorn

>Weird there isn't a specific name for christian Bosnians.

Those are called croatians or serbs lol, besides,
there are albanians in bosnia that are muslim. They do not consider themself to be bosniak.

So the essence of Bosniak identity is their religion? I would have thought there were orthodox Bosniaks, but I guess you're just muslim serbians/croats then? Balkans are weird senpai.

We can't be muslim serbian/croats.
Bosniaks embrace the stolen culture which the ottoman has exported to us.
Serbs try to deny as much of it as they can.
Croats are slisky dalmatians wannabe europoors.

> Apparently them and the Hawaiians have an appreciation for Spam and Pork'n Beans

Hawaiians eat spam and they made an art of out cooking it. In Japan there are Hawaiian take out food places that sell spam burgers. South Pacific Polynesians eat corned beef. I've had both but prefer corned beef because it tastes pretty good just eating it out of the can when you're drunk.

Black astronauts or Mexican Jews

Do mexicans care about your "other" half? They don't seem as race conscious in general at least here

The history of America is "move west when you're sick of your neighbors and/or the government".

Hormel chili and corned beef are amazing. Spam is good if mixed with a sauce or cooked. Always wanted to try their variations on such a simple foodstuff.
I'm confused. The Ottomans gave you stolen culture? Do they have a box of this magic? But seriously what is the meaning of that?
There are a lot of Mexican Jews actually. And they are all pieces of shit. Everyone in Mexico hates them, and even the Jews hate them. One friend from school went to a religious trip organized by his synagogue, when they showed up into the hotel, the Mexican jews dropped turds in the showers. They proceeded to act like shits from then.
Not at all. They don't mind Muslims too much, a lot of Lebanese settled in Mexico, Brazil and Argentina. Plus with such similar appearances, it's hard to even know who has MENA/Iranic blood.
I can get that, but New England is like a mini paradise. Any small town in Maine or Mass seems like it came out of a Norman Rockwell painting, with vintage retro architecture and small town vibe. Cosy autumn and winter. Fresh seafood and Italian cuisine, Anglo-inspired pubs and you have the essential Americana experience. Although nowadays it's all just Meth/Opiate addiction and economic desperation.

New England is also expensive and crowded and has been for hundreds of years.

black astronauts are based tbqh

Ottoman culture is basically a mix of all various culture from the balkan, anatolia, arab and north africa. The mongols came and embraced the enemy's culture instead of imposing their own.

I wouldn't say expensive, but you aren't wrong about crowded. Maybe I'm wrong, but a lot of the pioneers and settlers were wealthy types able to buy their own supplies and equipment. I guess the bigger waves of New England migration came from later groups of Irish, Scottish and Scotch-Irish migrants. The English seemed to have stayed put, as well as the resettled French acadians.

That makes sense. Do you think Bosniak's contributed more to Turkish culture than the reverse? My stepfather is Romanian and they still hate Turks despite many years since Ottoman domination. Same story from even the Albanians.

>Do you think Bosniak's contributed more to Turkish culture than the reverse?

No idea

I'm Danish

Yes, but last time i told whati was, i got 10 (YOU's) with offensive jokes so i won't tell.

I'm 30% Irish, 15% German, 15% Portuguese, 10% Czechoslovakian, 10% Scottish, 10% Cherokee, 5% Austrian, and 5% African-American

Pic?

Nivkh

no tell senpai - you know it's all just memes right

Disgusting tbqh

Full-blooded Bornholmer.

I am Canadian

AMA

I am an actual Bavarian with 500+ years of family history

What a waste of potential.

>tfw not a full mongol
why even live

Så svensker?