Will there ever be an unironic big budget over the top blockbuster with space marines?

Will there ever be an unironic big budget over the top blockbuster with space marines?

Other urls found in this thread:

1d4chan.org/wiki/Ghazghkull_Mag_Uruk_Thraka
amazon.com/Descent-Angels-Heresy-Mitchel-Scanlon/dp/1849708142/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1493667204&sr=8-1&keywords=descent of angels
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

One day probably, Hollywood is slowly gonna make everything popular into a movie.

>popular

40k is only popular in nerd circles

>pre heresy
>emperor is a nigger
>his finest warriors are a multicultural multigender cast of misfit heroes

SAY IT WITH ME: EMPEROR IDRIS ELBA 2018

MADAM EMPEROR
Still played by Idris Elba

Amy Schumer as Horus.

isn't the salamander primarch a nigger?

now that 40k gets steamrolled with atrocities and the possibility of female nurines i would say we get closer to a 40k movie. but not what you expect.

>sanguinius is now a womyn

Aliens

Now that rowboat girlyman is back, anything is possible.
Question for fa/tg/uys: What is Gulliman's stance on the ecclesiarchy? Is he against it like his dad was and if so, could that cause a civil war in the imperium?

Billy Nye as chief librarian
I think he has grey scaly skin because he lives on a volcanic planet

And the emperor is turkish or some shit.

I'm ready for some hot SoB on Eldar action

>Slaanesh is now a trannie
Jesus fucking christ, GW.

But that's heresy.

You mean will Hollywood make an unironic action movie with real action stars about a bunch of white male ubermensch fighting xeno scum?

No, no they will not. Doesn't fit their political agenda.

>>>Slaanesh is now a trannie
She's the Prince of Pleasure

So how will Hollywood pander to the SJWs etc?

One day, and it will suck.

>about a bunch of white male
No, user.

He's always been a hermaphrodite

aliens. you fucking Sup Forumsedditor faggot.

Who gives a shit? We're discussing a potential warhammer 40000 movie, nigger.

40K is a terrible shit

>DUDE WAR
>DUDE FANTASY TROPES...IN SPAAAACE
>DUDE EBIN 4 DA EMPHERA! XDDD
>DUDE 5 TRILLION DEAD DAILY
>DUDE DEMANS
>LMAO

How people can enjoy this shit?

>40K is a terrible shit
We know. When's the movie?

Make the chapter masters or some of the primarchs women.

>And the emperor is turkish
A Turk is a geo-political designation more than a race or ethnicity.
Turks are Europeans who went East, inhabited Central Asia, and then mixed over time depending on location with the respective collectives (Mongols, Indians, Slavs, Chinese, Persians, Semites).
Hungarians for instance came under Atilla from Western Gokturk tribes.
The Ottoman Turks are Turks who have inhabited eastern Anatolia and mixed with semites, persians, arabs, armenians and the rest near the Caucasus.

The God-Emperor is the definition of Caucasian, as the Caucasus region showcases.

I think we should separate "white" from "Caucasian" as distinct categories.
Snowniggers are cancer.

>anime poster
wew

He's always depicted as kind of brown skinned, is the point.

He's more of a caveman

>How people can enjoy this shit?
By not being pretentious cunts with an unwarranted sense of self-importance and false virtue?

>Sup Forums

all of 40k is gay. the redeemable part is orks because they are a parody of 40k as a whole

Thread derailed

Just like Romans and everyone Med is.
He's just like Da Vinci and Nikola Tesla, and every relevant great person in history who were all brown/dark haired and brown eyed with varying skin shades not going beyond bronze.

but is it gonna be a movie

How can you tell the eye colour of people from 1000 years ago? Or even 500 years ago.

>because they are a parody of 40k as a whole
>parody of 40k

>implying 48k every took itself seriously such that implying parodies would be legitimate statement

You my friend, are the most short-sighted retard i've seen on Sup Forums today.

The 1st and only rule of 40k is that everyone who takes it seriously is missing the point and mentally retarded.

>people didn't know how to read and write 1000 years ago to leave biographies and observations of everything around them in written form

Warhammer is so fucking shit
>terrible aesthetics (being over the top AND shit looking is franklyimpressive)
>(((games workshop))) will never end storylines because they want to milk everything for more money so instead nobody ever really loses in conflicts
>this also leads to a super convoluted shit story
>stupid scope (ebic 10 gorillion die every battle xD)
>super lame quotes. "BLOOD 4 THE BLOOD GOD!!" - I mean really?
>endless war - oh FUCK OFF
probably a lot more stuff but I don't know the ins and outs of that shit heap of a universe
This is something that should only be enjoyed by teenage boys. If you still enjoy it as an adult you should be ashamed of yourself. Retard

He's not a nigger, you nigger. On the other hand it doesn't really matter, since there's no racism in both 30k and 40k as in "whites vs blacks" or other contemporary human nonsense. Racial hate is pointed only at xenos and most types of mutants.

this

>>(((games workshop))) will never end storylines because they want to milk everything for more money so instead nobody ever really loses in conflicts

Reminds you of the real world.
Nobody ever wins, only bullshit prolonging of stories, and constant cycling of history repeating itself in copy paste.
God and nature are such a shitty writers man.
We live in the worst book story.

I know right?
The Real World Universe has some of the stupidest shit.
People blowing themselves up! What kind of stupid shitty writing is that?
And romance is the worst. Two people falling in love after exchanging jokes in a cafe. How fucking lazy and retarded is this writing? It's like some cheap hentai plot for fuck's sake!
A guy plays a guitar under the window of a woman and they instantly have sex afterwards.
Not even the stupidest hentai stories can top this shitty writing of the real world.

>too white
>presents ideas other than postmodern liberal
no

Don't mean to sound like a faggot but the primarchs are diverse both racially and culturally.

Art, texts, genetic material.

Don't mean to make you out as a dumb faggot,
but the Primarchs are genetic clones of the Emperor with minor differences growing from which power or trait the Emperor emphasized when passing over. Which is why for instance female Space Marines are impossible since the genetic inheritance must be the same gender as the God Emperor for compatibility else it fails.

Sure clones with variations, but most of them don't even look like him and some clearly ahve distinct racial feature if you just look at the artwork. Jaghatai Khan is milk white and clearly has asian features and so on. Vulkan is clearly black. Magnus the Red is literally fucking red. Some have blond hair, some have black, some have white, some have no hair at all and so on. There is obviously racial variations within the group.

And if we're talking culture, they are as diverse as you can get. Some of them grew up on extremely civilized and secular planets while others grew up in barbarian tribal societies that worships animalistic spirits and shit.

Just have Bay or Snyder direct a 40k movie.
Especially Snyder's hardon for symbolism and shit.

>48k
Is that when the Tau won the galaxy?

>mildly retarded refugee from stormblr knows little about the setting
>tries to push his agenda anyway
Every time.

The Tau get fucked in the ass every time Humanity gets serious,
and they aren't capable of long-distance travel as their miraculous hyperdrive technology only has the maximum threshold of the local sector beyond which they never expand (for this reason).

>ywn see Sanguinius single-handedly defend the Eternity Gate from the hordes of Chaos

I imagine it would play out just like Dawn of War or Space Marine where Marines get called because of Orkz then some deep shit reveals Chaos and/or Eldar
sequels add the other factions I guess

Depends on what kind of Warhammer world you make. The Abnett kind where things have some basis in reality instead of total absurdity? Absolutely. The kind which is reminiscent of the setting's origins and total despair? Never.

>40k
>popular
The retards on this website have an odd definition of what it means to be Popular.
Hopefully not.

Normies are obsessed with elf sex as much as nerds tho, it'll happen

>emperor is a nigger
wrong, emperor is a whatever people from turkey are.

It's popular in the UK, there are Games Workshops in almost every town and a fair amount of people know the brand as 'those cool little models'

Yea screw 40k, we have much more important things to discuss here like bane

40k deniers fuckng BTFO

pretty much any race then.

He's got bronzed skin, that's all we know about him. Turkey doesn't exist in 40k

>unironic big budget
The question has turned into a meme but I must ask: What does op mean by this?

It originally started off as self-aware British satire in the same vein as Judge Dredd, with the lore just being the icing on a cake of wargame minis.

Now it's an excuse to sell edgy, overpriced toys to middle class children whose parents have too much disposable income and grognards who've been playing for years.

It's utter schlock and that's why I love it.

>Vulkan is clearly black
Yeah, because his skin is black/dark grey. He isn't a fucking negroid you idiot.

>Magnus the Red is literally fucking red
>some have blonde hair, some have black, some have white some have no hair and so on
And how is this supposed to change their race, exactly? If you clone yourself and paint it a different color, like red, that clone isn't suddenly a Navajo you fucking dumb ass.

The Emperor is already brown so I don't know why you think it's some white power fantasy

>>endless war - oh FUCK OFF
hmmm

You're overthinking it, it's just a badass game with chainsaw swords. Most people take things at face value, Sup Forums is not most people, we're the ones who look deeply into everything because most of us have obsession issues

>the emperor was brown

WE

>weeb

Oh, it was always a badass game with chainsaw swords, but the early lore had a lot of silly in-jokes and references to pop culture and such.

1d4chan.org/wiki/Ghazghkull_Mag_Uruk_Thraka

Honestly, though, the region that is now Turkey was probably always more or less a mix of southern european and middle eastern looking people. There have been so many invasions and migrations from all sides that it pretty much cancels out. There are white turks and there a total sandnigger turks while most are something in-between.

All art depicts him as having negroid facial features. (art from 20 years ago is not canon)

>turkey dosent exist in 40k
well not anymore, but the emperor is from where turkey was. its in the horus heresy books.

no he just has black skin, same bone structure as a caucasian

Turks didn't get to Anatolia until the 11th century

It's implied that he was a proto-Hittite.

would love to watch it, maybe if russians get the rights, USA is too cucked to do this properly right now.

As much as i hate Snyder he would be perfect for this.

I'd have to be watered down pandering crap trying to get butts in seats by being generic as possible. And that's just going to upset the fans.

Th existing movie was just weird unless you're VERY familiar with the franchise, which won't be a box office success.

So hopefully no

Damn. Why is 40k art so cool?

I thought about this, and really the best way to do it would be to start with a horror movie. Theres more of a market for it and you can do it relatively cheap as opposed to a straight war movie. 40k has a lot of horror elements in it, so the first movie shouldn't have really Space Marines in it, at least not until the very end. Chaos is arguably the central antagonist of the setting, so the first movie should have something to do with that anyway. A rough sketch of the plot would this:

>a audience surrogate character who fur whatever reason is not aware of the events going on in the 40k universe, think the main character of the last Starfighter

>The set up is the AdMech explorator team discovers a hulk, possibly with the protagonist in cryo sleep or something, they find him.

>for some reason the hulk is tainted by chaos, or infested by cultist or some sort Daemonic presence.

>plays out basically like Event Horizon, dropping some clues to the larger universe.

>maybe have the space marines come in at the very end to rescue the central cast, preferably a more "generalist" chapter like Dark Angels or Ultra , but to stay consistent with the canon it may have to be the Grey Knights.

How can you make an unironic movie about a satirical IP?

>"Ah the sisters of battle, Brother Dominus, some of the finest women the imperi"
>"Check your priviledge, Brother Decius, presume not the gender of the daughters of the emperor"

Brother Dominus is taken by the Femquisition for his crime and the rest of the film is a lucky young genderfluid demisexual POC womyn besting a group of 8ft bio-engineered supermen at hand to hand combat.

Warhammyr 40k, coming 2018. Starring Emma Watson, Amy Schumer and Jessie Eisenberg

> unironic
40k is an ironic universe

>>The set up is the AdMech explorator team discovers a hulk, possibly with the protagonist in cryo sleep or something, they find him.

That sounds good. Perhaps a Dark age of technology ship so the protag would have no idea about the emperor etc and would still think it's the 20th millenium

>>but to stay consistent with the canon it may have to be the Grey Knights.

Matt Ward detected. Besides you're missing out at putting Boreal on the big screen.

>SPESS MAHREENS!

>protagonist in cryo sleep or something

Nah. The best way to introduce Warhammer 40k is to make "Descent of Angels" into a movie. It's set on Caliban, a primitive medieval planet that has never heard of the Imperium or starships. The main character is a teen training to be a knight and fight monsters. Then the Great Crusade reaches the planet and the Emperor takes over. In the end, the teen becomes a Space Marine.

Now that's a horror movie I want to see. Knights on horseback fighting monsters in a dark forest. Then the medieval setting turns into gothic science fiction. That's Warhammer 40k.

amazon.com/Descent-Angels-Heresy-Mitchel-Scanlon/dp/1849708142/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1493667204&sr=8-1&keywords=descent of angels

>Matt Ward detected.

Well I only said Grey Knights because in every bit of fluff I've ever read they're the only ones that are supposed to deal with Daemonic incursions, sometimes other chapter will run into them on accident but they're not generally supposed to look for fights with Daemonhosts, personally I've always been a Deathwing fan, but I don't think you could rationalize putting them in the movie instead.

This.
Emps has been knocking about since 10k BC.
He was probably Gilgamesh and Jesus and St. George from Saint George and the Dragon

>one continuous introduction shot
>start at the throne room
>grandiose luxury clashing with the Emperor's living corpse and rotting servitors tending to him
>camera closing in on the Emperor until it flies out of a window above
>we pan down the side of the palace until we're at the bowels of the city
>camera moves through a maze of back alleys
>we see people living in squalor
>we travel away from the city, going through various locations
>nature
>remote temples
>barracks
>we reach a landing pad at the edge of a steep cliff as it starts to rain
>a battle barge takes up most of the screen
>spees mahreens are boarding it
>we're inside the battle barge now
>from the side, we close in on a marine
>he sitting on a bench, praying with his bolter
>he looks distressed
>we can hear a voice off screen
>"What's troubling you, brother insert name here?"
>he looks to the camera, scared but determined
>title drop as music swells

With a show don't tell approach we've established our protagonist and everything the viewer needs to know about this world. Add a plot about some chapter on a mission to defend some place/planet/relic from insert enemy here and that's it. It's normie-tier but simplicity isn't always bad.

My chapter of choice would be Black Templars and the enemy would be Chaos mehreens.

Making Slaneesh the good boy

>>nature
>On Terra

I've always had a passing interest in the tabletop 40k stuff because of how cool the models and shit are, and how detailed the game areas can look.
Not sure how the actual game itself plays out, and its faaar too expensive for me to really dig into, so i've never bothered trying to dive into it.

The lack thereof. Keep in mind it can't be 100% lore accurate. If GW ever agrees to sell part of the rights to Hollywood, they're going to want to make some money. Which means sequels. And sequels don't get made if people don't watch the franchise starter because it was too convoluted.

buy cheap 3d printed ones from china

what is even terra like anyway? It has apparently really large population but what do they eat/drink? IsnĀ“t Terra pretty much a dry desert with with massive cities?