See Kingdom of Heaven the other day

>see Kingdom of Heaven the other day

>Muslims are enlightened, peaceful, prosperous people
>their lands are invaded by bloodthirsty, war-mongering Christians
>barbaric Crhsitians sack their cities, murder their civilians, rape their women
>Muslims offer them reasonable terms of surrender
>they kill the messenger and demand further bloodshed

Wow, this film really opened my eyes. No wonder the still hate us to this day.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-ilFbbk9jw4
youtube.com/watch?v=t_Qpy0mXg8Y
youtube.com/watch?v=I_To-cV94Bo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>medieval crusader states in the holy land
>all main characters act like "enlightened 20st century secular humanists"

KoH is hamfisted tripe

>the Muslims are enlightened and the Christians are barbarians

You fucking idiot, the point of the movie is that they were all shitty and it was the individuals who made the moral differences. It was just that Saladin turned out to be one of the good individuals.

The muslims were the enlightened ones back then.

>Saladin portrayed as a respectful nice guy who lets bygones be bygones
>in truth he showed 'mercy' by selling all christians in Jerusalem into slavery

Did you miss that they were still seeking warfare and bloodshed, and attacked Jerusalem too?

>muslims didn't kill jews
>crusaders killed jews

Now think.

The Crusaders were actually pretty shitty. They sacked the Romans and looted everything. Actually, the Crusaders spent more time attacking Christians, lol.

they were merely reclaiming what's theirs, they allowed all inhabitants safe passage, unlike christians who sacked the city

On a semi-related note, will we ever get a film to capture this point in history?

source

how many layers of doublethink you on, senpai?

we never get the muslim's side of the story in as much detail as we did with the christians.

They took it by conquest the first time too.

American protestants applaud this because "muh Catholic Church was ebil"

>muh crusaders
>muh proud defenders of western values

Explain the Fourth Crusade Sup Forumsbabies.

Politics and who-did-it-first aside, this was a really average, by-the-numbers flick. Ridley Scott's lost it decades ago.

harping on muh 4th crusade is the equivalent of always bringing up Timothy McVeigh any time anyone talks about all the terrorist attacks kebabs do.

>Saladin
>not just some hack fraud that stole everything Nur ad-Din and his uncle had built

Exactly. The reason I don't like it isn't because I'm rooting for one side over the other. It's because it's just a shitty attempt at shoehorning a bullshit political message.

Ridley Scott hasn't made anything decent since Gladiator.

Except the 4th Crusade severely damaged the Byzantines and majorly helped the expansion of the Turks. You can't compare a bombing to a world shattering event.

WE

That doesn't make any sense.

Gladiator was decent? lmao, no

The byzantines were on the ropes long before that. If you want to attribute anything to their downfall, it's the plague, which absolutely ravaged the empire and especially constantinople.

Mamluks were the kangz of the crusading times.

Why didn't the crusaders help them?

why were they? explain this

4th Crusade best Crusade

only women and estrogen pumped balding numales could hate gladiator

They did and didn't, remember helping Byzantine was a goal for only high politicking. The reason people went was one seriously retarded Sultan banned Christian pilgrimages to the Holy Land. Making a continent far away turn its heads from its constant wars with the mother of all cassus belli.

what's wrong with gladiator?

>watched the theatrical cut recently
>made no sense
>I always thought Sup Forums was memeing

>Baldwin is deeply religious and is the best guy
>the other templar the MC's friend is good and kind
>he has christian companions that charge to certain death to protect peasants

>muslims have 2 positive characters, the rest are displayed as brash, impatient and warmongering
>anons on tv think its muslim propaganda

they pretty much spell their position out to you though that templar guy, who says that while he is against religion, it doesn't mean that there is no god, its basically pure faith vs organised religion thing

>mfw the middle east and north africa were Christian and the Pope called for the First Crusade after several centuries of genocide done by the muslims.

The Crusades were a defensive action. The muslims have always been bloodthirsty slavers and killers.

Thanks Ridley you virtue signaling fake movie shit.

>forcibly conquer and convert Roman citizens
>enslave roman women and children as sex slaves
>le good guis

>muh crusaders
they are scum that undermined the ERE and pretty much handed the entirety of south-eastern Europe over to the t*rks. If any of you shits read a history book in your life you'd know that

what about slaughtering lithuanians? going to war with christian Poland and christian Novgorod Republic? what about the mass slaughter of albigensians? crusaders are chimps

Saladin was a widely respected general, even back in the dark ages.

Catholics in general are a scourge. The timeline where the fourth crusaders die in a sea storm and Orthodox Byzantium reconquers the west is best timeline.

Truly?

youtube.com/watch?v=-ilFbbk9jw4
youtube.com/watch?v=t_Qpy0mXg8Y

Protip: the muslims killed millions of Christians first, the Crusades were the last attempt to save the Christians.

Also, there never were enlightened muslims or a muslim 'Golden Age". All the culture, art and science was done by Persian non-muslim slaves.

The more you know.

>the 4th crusade is the same as the 1st crusade meme

>what about slaughtering lithuanians? going to war with christian Poland and christian Novgorod Republic? what about the mass slaughter of albigensians? crusaders are chimps

>the muslims killed millions of Christians first
muh 6 billion
they conquered them and taxed them, mass slaughter never really happened because no one wants to rule over vast swaths of fucking nothing, you need subjects

If i wanted to go through youtube videos with a bunch of dickriding yes men i'd go to Sup Forums, why are these types of videos so cancerous. Not to mention the clickbait titles.

kek

But seriously, we use the arguments of the second panel against people who truly think like that. We don't actually believe it ourselves.

>mass slaughter never really happened

Watch the videos you muslim piece of shit. The Mid East and North Africa were Christian once. You think those people disappeared magically?

All of the have are 100% true, with historical sources. Please show me even of the claims that is false.

you lost your cred when you started flinging insults and assuming he is a muslim. Can't you word your arguments and retorts without resorting to childish insults? Are we on Sup Forums? Jesus christ, user, way to let your surface get cracked by him, lmao

>>what about slaughtering lithuanians? going to war with christian Poland and christian Novgorod Republic? what about the mass slaughter of albigensians? crusaders are chimps

it is like those Teutonic knights had a ulterior motive, like say getting their own land to rule, and used some false flag of Christianity as their cover story

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmm makes my amygdala aerodynamic

How does he lose his argument when you have yet to refute his point mudslime?

>Someone brings up facts
>muh Sup Forums

What did you mean by this?

How the fuck did the movie get made if it shits on Jews?

i'm not here to refute his point and i'm not a mudslime, i was just pointing out that he lost his composure and started insulting like a child. That's it.

>what did he mean by this?

way to regurgitate, bottomfeeder

>see anti-christian propaganda
>believe it
Wow this thread really opened my eyes. No wonder Americans voted for drumpf

if u think Sup Forums isn't just Sup Forums 2.0 then you are as stupid as the guy you are replying to.

Im not regurgitating anything i just wanna know 1 thing. Which is. Why is everything a Sup Forums conspiracy to you "people"?

Jerusalem was for Christendom before Islam was established.

Mohammed's followers entered the scene well after and sacked it...which kicked off the multiple exchanges over history...

>BLACKED threads stay up for hours
>Off topic anti Trump threads stay up for hours
>Pro Trump threads get deleted almost instantly

Really fires up the neurons in the ole frontal cortex lobe

>posts literallly youtube videos made for frogposting alt-right teens, who don't have the attention span to read a unbiased historical book.

Sounds about right.

t. actual historian

Persian here.

We did fucking everything. Your welcome.

Bet you feel like an expert after watching these videos, right junior?

I mean, that did actually happen. Muslims did bad shit too. What is important to remember is that both sides did fucked up stuff.

YESS GOOD GOY! REMEMBER THE GORILLON INNOCENT MUSLIMS!

considering Sup Forums hates trump now, that seems about right.

>Persian here.
>We did fucking everything. Your welcome.
That's not true. You did 80%. The other 20% were Assyrians (who are Christians even today).

>regurgitates "what did he mean by this?"
>"I'm not regurgitating anything"

I never said it was a Sup Forums conspiracy just that most people want to turn almost every thread into a Sup Forums shitter echochamber

Uhm, no sweetie. That's literally how it went down. The only level headed crusader was Richard the Lionhearted. Baldwin the Leper was portrayed right in the film as well. Templars were notorious for fucking shit up and they were the ones who were portrayed as irrational. Muslims didn't see the crusades as a holy war. Also before saladin died he donated most of his money to the poor was about to have a shitty burial but some european aristocrats funded it and ensured he had a proper burial. The film was pretty accurate desu.

>everyone Catholic who killed anyone ever did it for the religion
>helping Byzantium 5/6 times, which even refused help multiple times (aka. famous "better turk than catholic") didn't happen because they fell in the end :((((
>muslim world wasn't in decline for a century before Mongols attacked
>muslim world was stopped even though they stopped themselves by balkanizing and warring inside their own borders first
>protestant revolution 500 years after crusades is somehow relevant
>why aren't they converting people I want them to first waaaah
This is old bait, but you really need to kill yourself for posting it.

Also kids, 4th crusade was excommunicated by the Pope before they even decided to go to Byantium because they decided to work for Venice instead. Reclamation of Byzantium was done on the request of an exiled king. Sack happened because he didn't pay them after they put him back on the throne. The more you know...

>You think those people disappeared magically?
conversion, you probably don't want to pay extra taxes, being outbred

do you honestly think they actually killed millions? thats not how conquest works, mostly its just the rulling and the warrior class that changes, the people working the fields, minor craftsmen and traders remain

Daily reminder that if you're triggered, you're weak. Regardless of what triggered you.

Wow Christians have really lost their ways huh

Muslim caliphates killed and enslaved around 400 million people over a couple centuries. Watch the videos, tard, those are facts with evidence.

>the muslims killed millions of Christians first, the Crusades were the last attempt to save the Christians.
Except the muslims weren't fighting as a unit. Thy were different. Originally the holy roman emperor wanted to fight the Seljuk turks (who happened to be muslim) because they were coming closer and closer to Constantinople. The only people who made this a christian vs muslim issue was pope urban and the Franks he convinced to go help the holy roman empire. After they took down Antioch and Nicaea the job was done and the holy roman emperor was done but the crusaders that pope urban sent wanted to go down to jerusalem since there were more muslims down there but the arabs in charge of jersalem were ALLIES of the holy roman emperor.

>do you honestly think they actually killed millions?
One of the reasons for the first crusade is exactly because turks ethnically cleansed a city of christians and then put them their bodies on spikes on both sides of the road out for miles.

Agreed. We really should be killing more Muslims.

bullshit taqiyya

nice try sandnigger

Sorry, I forgot how many layers of youtube videos and cognitive dissonance Sup Forums weenies are on.

>arabs in charge of jersalem were ALLIES of the holy roman emperor
Perfidious German strikes again. Good thing the Pope didn't listen to the faggot oportunist.

Concession accepted, mudslime

The Arabs hated the Seljuks as much as the HRE did you fucking mongoloid.

>the brainwashing I received is better than the brainwashing you received

>Antioch
Whoops, meant Anatolia.

>IT'S
>ANOTHER
>POL
>THREAD
>ON
>THE
>TV AND FILM
>BOARD

Two can play at that game

>Brainwashing
No, I'd rather not watch conspiracy theory videos all days. Especially on subjects that don't matter. Like the Crusades. Sorry, I know you fags like to LARP as crusaders everyday but it really is a useless subject. I'm willing to bet you played way too much Assassins Creed in your edgy teenage years you fucking weenies lol.

You've been brainwashed to have a vague secular interpretation of what Islam is. You are arguing about things that you have no clue about but you're 100% sure that you're right.

You've been brainwashed so hard that you don't even consider any reality except the one forced on you.

Indeed, the saintly muslims did absolutely nothing wrong.

15'000 who could not afford his ransom, not all of them.

It's no more or less ridiculous than Ben Hurr or Spartacus, or any classic hollywood period pieces.

Back to your containment board, faggots

>constipationopol
Mein nigga

If I were a Sup Forumsbaby I'd go with the obvious answer.

The (((Merchant Republic))) happened.

No, I'm persian and know exactly what islam is. That's why I'm not muslim. But my thoughts on the crusades are secular. Unlike yours. Keep your bias to yourself you fucking cuck.

Ignore this guy. Hes a Swede who thinks hes white.
>heh Maybe if I post this theyll think Im white
Nice try falseflagging pajeet

youtube.com/watch?v=I_To-cV94Bo

this

people are so blind and uneducated and yet so firm about topics they know nothing about. it would be fascinating if it were not sad.

>#notallchristians
>"yeah so what if if christian armies have sacked entire cities and killed thousands, not ALL christians are like that and by speaking up against them you will just create more christian terrorists"