This was REALLY good

This was REALLY good.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/drarLbzqdAA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

it REALLY wasnt

boring as fuck

of course you're going to think it's good after having the other two movies shit all over you
your expectations couldn't possibly slip any further after number two

I actually quite liked it

D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D

Star Trek 09 is the best action-adventure film of the 21st century though. Nothing has topped it yet.

DUDE CLASSICAL MUSIC LOL

You're forgetting JJ Abrams goy

Mad Max

thanks

It's kinda ironic how JJ made a better Trek than Wars film even though he wasn't a fan of the former and sucked off the latter

No, it was garbage.

Hey guy, you probably know. There was fan led project on some low budget ST movie about klingon war. I remember a trailer. Do you know how it went?

This and Fury Road are the only real answers when it comes to great action adventure films.
I was always a fan of both Trek and SW, and 09 was just a great mix of both. Granted, I'd like to see more "Trek"iness in the 4th film, but if we get another action movie set in the Trek world, I'd still be alright with it.

You might as well just boycott all of hollywood.

Someone should make this into a sculpture

Best Trek movie since Star Trek 6 and a billion times better than anything Star Wars has come up with since the 80's.

He said he wasn't a fan as a kid, not that he went through life hating it.

At least one of them is dead now.

>not this

This movie was absolute and irrefutable shit

Jayla was wasted on this, I don't want to see her in a Starfleet uniform

Two

How the fuck was Jayla wasted on the movie that invented her and was about her?

>movie flopped
>low chance we'd ever see her again even if there was a sequel
>female starfleet uniforms look like shit.

You picking up what I'm putting down?

Pegg said Jaylah was heavily inspired by JLaw (get it?) which is funny because Jaylah was pretty much a successful execution of everything JLaw's fake image is trying to convey.

Non-traditionally hot, competent, weird, compelling, a breathe of fresh air, passionate, empowered, relatable, likeable etc.

After two movies of SJW Trek, I'm not going to get fooled again.

Star Trek '09 is a remarkably decent flick. It shook up the incredibly stale ST universe in a way that played nice with the OG canon, while completely abandoning the pervasive staleness/sterility that defined the TNG/DS9/VOY era trek universe and made all movies drawing from that era, save First Contact and parts of Insurrection, all but unwatchable.

While the plot of 09 was over the top, it was exactly the sort of storyline that TOS-era Trek would have tried in a movie. The new cast was OK, but the rest of the movie (brewery engineering aside, and even JJ admitted that they only did the brewery thing because they ran out of budget to build a dedicated engineering set for only a couple scenes) was so well crafted that you had no problem completely overlooking the few weaknesses that it had.

I'd honestly argue the same for Star Trek Into Darkness, IF you ignore that it's supposed to be Khan and just pretend that it's Gary Mitchell or something like that. It was pretty clear with that movie that everyone but the writers was actually trying pretty hard to make it not suck.

Disclaimer: I think TFA is one of the most abhorrent pieces of tripe to ever desecrate the silver screen

are you me?

youtu.be/drarLbzqdAA
it's the worst nutrek movie in every aspect imaginable

I want Sofia Boutella to aggressively ride me, watching her little brown nipples bounce up and down while her man face makes all sorts of exotic-looking serious-but-trying-to-hide-the-pleasure-in-a-tsundere-sort-of-way faces while the milks me for my seed for the express purpose of conceiving my child, if you get my drift

maybe

>while completely abandoning the pervasive staleness/sterility that defined the TNG/DS9/VOY era trek universe and made all movies drawing from that era, save First Contact and parts of Insurrection, all but unwatchable.
Oh fuck off, Soran was better then anything in Insurrection & Nemesis wasn't stale at all.

Its called piratebay

Samefag here. I'll give you that Soran, as a villain, is second only to Ricardo Montalban in terms of Trek villains, mopping the floor with the Borg queen, Chang, Kruge, etc.

The problem was that he was completely wasted on a thoroughly mediocre movie. Sure, McDowell got to be the man who killed Kirk on camera, but he still deserved so much better.

REALLY SHITE

Eh... I would put Chang above him but only slightly.

Mad Max went to shit when the biker grandmas showed up and the final boss fight was incredibly anti-climatic.

Only because Chang got a better movie, otherwise, he was just a Shakespeare-spouting meme.

IF Soran had been in a movie that was even half as good as VI, we'd be talking about him, instead of Khan, when we measure and rate Star Trek villains.