how do you go from this

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZmE55UkNJuM
youtube.com/watch?v=9zCZa60Q7EY
youtube.com/watch?v=EtGEToHoFWc
youtube.com/watch?v=vtn2o71CPEM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

to this?

After rewatching recently I'm less harsh towards Oldtavian. He was written as a complete autismo and played that well.

Young Octavian was more autistic tbf

I really hate that they changed him

the new guy doesn't even look or behave like the first one and i really wanted to see the young twerp playing Octavian BTFO Chad Anthony and Cleopatra

this is the power of TRVE ROMAN BREAD

Octavian is a beast, and old octavian fit in my mind perfectly how he should be played, as perfect political animal.

>rome only went 2 seasons
>game of shits is goin for 7

Is there any shows with same attention to detail and character building, besides obvious wire and sopranos?

Deadwood, hill street blues, homicide life on the streets, carnivale, treme

If you include miniseries then scenes from a marriage, I Claudius and roots

The Mentalist and Gotham
Dude I was just about to post Hill Street Blues that's radical

>You will never see Rome set during the height of Augistian reforms
>you will never see the power struggle between mark anthony and Octavian as it was meant to be, spread over two or three season and not rushed into one

why people like 'war of the roses with 2d characters and juvenile fantasy horseshit of thrones' over Rome is mind boggling.

FOR TRVE ROMANS

ALL MOCKERIES OF THE JEWS AND THEIR ONE GOD SHALL BE KEPT TO AN APPROPRIATE MINIMVM.

>The Mentalist and Gotham
those series are for extreme autists not for people that want something like Rome.

This is my fav Octavian

youtube.com/watch?v=ZmE55UkNJuM

>ywn marry a qt that will punish you
youtube.com/watch?v=9zCZa60Q7EY

HE REFUSES TO BUMP ME!

lol

I just came in this thread to declare the reason for Octavian's change, but you beat me to it.

How do you go from this

To this?
Is this the unearthy power of the 3DPD roastie?

Can't get TRVE ROMAN BREAD in Alexandria.

HE BLACKENS HIS EYES WITH SOOT AND PERFORMS NUBIAN DANCES LIKE A COMMON WHORE

I unironically think he did nothing wrong until he started being a complete turbo-degenerate, trying to push a war with Octavian at the expense of normal people starving.

He was always a bitch. Cicero was CCC% right

Find me sexier than Cleopatra in this scene

THIS!!!!

Really wish this guy hadn't quit acting he was far too good at it.

>Cleopatra "the most qt woman in the world"
>No tiddies
They're not even trying anymore

I see nothing wrong with this. Itty Bitty Titties are cute as fuck.

Speaking of which, I find it pretty amusing how Cicero was portrayed as a sniveling little worm half the time. I guess whoever wrote the scenes thought he was overrated.

I really enjoy the youngoct actor. It's a shame he doesn't get much work.

One my first watch through of Rome I was really upset that they changed the actor but on my second watch it wasn't as bad. The oldoct does a good job at being cold and calculated.

Forgot scene
youtube.com/watch?v=EtGEToHoFWc

MOLESTA, WE HAVE YOUR EMAILS

To this

neck yourself pedo

>Roman

>unshorn face

>metalwrok and fastenings on armor are obvious made of gold like a fucking woman, not superior brass

Antonius was a degenerate long before he mired himself in Cleo's cunt. Being at war is no fucking excuse

You misunderstand. I can't stand the idea of sleeping with anyone under 18, but I like small, perky breasts as much as big, fat knockers.

I never felt real Cicero was especially brave the man swapped sides and positions at various times to save his skin. Only thing I'm sad about is they changed his death.

>Old Octavian has a choking fetish
>Young Octavian was almost throttled to death by Mark Antony

All these years and I only caught this fine bit of pottery from last month's rewatch.

His death scene is still excellent though.
I love how Pullo manages to pull off the most polite assassination in history.

Guys. watch Hap and Leonard for some based Purefoy.

nice observation, amicus

with sisterfucking and being a son of a bitch

>it's got henDDricks in it
sign me the FUCK up

really gets the noggin joggin

oh yeah and her

Could anyone else tell that new Oct actor was gay as fuck?

Is it actually good though?
It's a shame he didn't get that many roles after Rome, he was fucking excellent as Antony.

>Since 2009, Woods has been in a relationship with Christopher Bailey, the chief executive of the British fashion house, Burberry.[4][5] They married in 2012[6]

He was a honest politician, a good orator, a classy down to earth roman, but he was never a balls to the wall guy. I mean, he was not a general and he lived all his live in Sicily counting grain. Summary killing Catilina was the most gorish thing he ever did AFAIR.

>Cleopatra "the most qt woman in the world"

'no'

>blackens his eyes with soot like a prostitute
>he worships dogs and reptiles in vile Nilotic rites

Really makes my synapses cogitate

it's not gay if it's greek love

"whats going on?"
"i have no idea"

best scene

just watched the episode where he fucks his sister

hhhnnnggghhhhh

close enough

He was voted imperator by his troops when he was governor in the east for commanding an attack on a pirate stronghold. But his brother was the soldier so it might have been more his handy work.

>Caesar literally mentions Pullo and Vorenus in his memoir.

I just started reading it, and I had no idea. Holy fuck that caught me by surprise.

>they only get mentioned that one time
rip

>ywn hate a character as much as you hated servilia

The acotr change was the worst thing about the series, and a pants-on-head retarded thing to do.
Prove me wrong.

>"Is that Jez?"

>acotr
took me a while
also it happened because of the need for timeskip you absolute mongoloid, it wasn't because they wanted to do it

CHEKETH OUTETH MY DUBETHS

Still, it completely killed the emotional attachment to Augustus.
No matter how you look at it, the kid we saw getting abused was the one we wanted to see win.
They just should have continued with the first one desu.

If Jez wasn't a total moron and a little less autistic then maybe. I hate the layout of their appartement as well. Who puts the bedrooms on either side of the living room and sandwiches the living in between them while the bathroom is right next to the kitchen?

They added so many boring as fuck characters in season two, including stronk independant prostitute and general sam gamgee

is there anything scarier than punished lucius vorenus staring at you and threatening to fuck concord in her arse

Second season of Rome was already a shit. Be grateful that we at least have one great season, instead of 7 mediocre.

>shit

Don't exagerate nigger.
Not everyone has to be either a 1 or a 10.

That's why they were the main characters in Rome, its not a coincidence. It was likely that they were just two plebs who caught caesars eye and led fairly normal lives afterwards but we will never know because they aren't mentioned again. So the writers of Rome had carte blanche to write them into all sorts of historical shenanigains.

have you seen what they are mentioned for by caesar?
its some pure heroic hand to hand combat against some gauls in front of everyone

you can read it on vorenus's wiki page

Yeah but I mean that they likely lived in relative obscurity afterwards or were killed in battle, hence them never being mentioned again.

Best scene coming through.

youtube.com/watch?v=vtn2o71CPEM

I wanted to retch when I saw that old hag kissing mai Romefu.

>ywn inhale hemp with Octavia

he was kind of in love with his own farts
t.still got PTSD from translating ciceros endless letters and speeches etc.in school

I read that HBO and BBC were looking at bringing this back, and HBO came out and said it was a "mistake" to have cancelled it. Any truth to these rumors? HBO realizing it was a mistake is probably a given, considering the success of GOT and their reasoning for cancelling Rome was bullshit.

TRUE ROMAN DUBS

FOR TRUE ROMANS

>They just should have continued with the first one desu
When he left Rome with Vorenus' kids he looked grown up as fuck. Was pretty hyped to see him go on and do stuff etc. but I can still understand why they "had" to get another actor. If the show had run its full course he could have been used the whole way I think.

>tfw she was ridiculously cute early in season 1 but looked like a used up rag at the end of season 2
what did they mean by this?

Even if they "brought it back", how the hell would they make it work? Get new actors and continue where they left off? Use the same ones for most of the parts? Start all over?

what disease was vorenus talking about? was it aids?

She was used up, poor girl manipulated by seemingly everyone in Roman society for their ends with no concern about what happened to Octavia in the process.

HBO now realizes long term its a mistake to outright cancel anything.

Look at Boardwalk empire and The Leftovers and what netflix did for bloodline.

Long term it makes sense to give even under performing shows a final season for a bit of closure. It builds good will from customers and no one can point to your network and say "you're the reason my favorite show was cancelled reee"

Probably severe depression or PTSD.

OUR BELOVED FATHER

GAIUS
*dabs*
JULIUS
*reverse dabs*
CEASER
*redabs*

that's what I was thinking too, the remorse over the fucked up shit they did and the decisions they took

I hope the cunts who decided to can the show feel the same feel every night when they go to bed desu

Honestly, i think they should do a time skip. Do something with Trajan, Hadrian, Constantine or (a man can dream) Marcus Aurelius.

Well, clearly it won't be a revival, and instead it will be a remake. It would be impossible to continue the show the way the creators wanted to since most of the main cast is dead. Though they could technically do their season 5 idea where the messiah comes... but that would be lame without the Vorenus/Pullo dynamic.

Self loathing. Hatred of who they are, who they've become and hatred of their failure to stop and change.

HE WORSHIPS DOGS AND DUNG BEETLES

They could do something that picks up right at the ending of Rome, like the day after the whole ceremony, but with new actors for everyone, and then maybe have a cameo with Vorenus and Pullo later on.

>Doing the show about dirty foreign emperors

'no'

>homocide life on the streets
I like you

Dont forget the HorseJew's brother and his pointless storyline.

Mad Men

>pullo stabs jesus in the flank with a spear and later, casually remarks about how he wasn't a bad guy

Only shit because they had to rewrite and rush their plans to finish in like 6 episodes