Youngfag here. What was Sup Forums like when they first saw Obama...

Youngfag here. What was Sup Forums like when they first saw Obama. What were your thoughts back in 2008 before he did everything he's done?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jqALdkTArqs
youtube.com/watch?v=Xjxnmhq0P6k
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You should've been here for the Bush v. Gore decision shitshow.

>he wasnt here for Reagan v. Carter

At least I was here for Trump.

The internet didn't exist then retard

>he wasn't here right after the assassination of JFK

>he wasnt on ARPAnet

I was 14 at the time, so I thought he was great.

That was 2000, Sup Forums didn't exist until 2003.

There was no Sup Forums in 2008, there was fucking Sup Forums and Sup Forums sucked his dick because Sup Forums was young and stupid.
I didn't however even though I was also young and stupid.

Just swap everything here that is pro-Trump with pro-Obama

Obama was literally the first meme/viral/myspace President.

8 years of Obama either containing or expanding upon W Bush's policies with more identity politics emphasis gave us God Emperor Trump.

True statement. Al Gore had not invented it yet at that point. He was still working on ARPANet.

>before he did everything he's done?
Elaborate.

Its been a long decade, senpai

He was so wrong, he still likely has no idea what this place really is

/new/ was essentially Sup Forums and was created in 2006. /new/ was getting flooded by stormfront posters, so Sup Forums was created as a quarrantine board. As far as what Sup Forums thought of him? Well racist comments, unqualified..etc Pretty much what you'd expect. I distinctly remember a lot of muslim/gay stuff and stuff about Michelle being a man.

all I remember was moot made a sticky on Sup Forums with the text "He won." and some totally radical pic of Obama flying on a hoverboard or some shit.

Image related was shilled on every board. Also some snazzy chefs tried to kill him.

It's fucking shooped you retard.

>obamacare
>insane rising of the national debt
>funding ISIS and other radical Jihadi groups
>refusals to confront radical Islam
>transgender pandering
>wanting Britain to stay in the EU

At least he was defeated on that last one.

I will bear a very real grudge against John Roberts until the day I die for completely surrendering the concept of negative liberty to DC. What a fucking piece of shit asshole. We even had Kennedy on our side. Fuck.

I hated Bush and thought Obama would be acceptable change. I was very surprised to find out Obama was actually GWB in disguise.

No actually its not newfriend

There was the news board though

This. Voted for Obongo in 2008 because I had just turned 18, but he just made everything worse.

>Should have been here when Jesus was born

Obergefell?

>What were your thoughts back in 2008
John 5:43
>I have come in My Father’s name, and you have not received Me; but if someone else comes in his own name, you will receive him

youtube.com/watch?v=jqALdkTArqs

youtube.com/watch?v=Xjxnmhq0P6k

Obama represented hope. He used that as a positive way to achieve his goals. He definitely failed to live up to the hype, but at least he didn't fuck the place up.

In contrast, Trump represents hate and fear. he uses negativity to accomplish his goals. In countries with smart and free citizens, this technique usually works out poorly. It's the favorite tactic of dictators and strongmen.

Voted for him in '08, Voted for him '12. Ended up being a decent president, would've been better if a bunch of infantile right wingers disallowed anything Obama wanted passed. Obamacare was/is an overall success, but because everyone is supposed to hate the guy who couldn't make CHANGE because he wasn't allowed to, his reputation will be poor, until people start getting their heads straight again, when the inevitable collapse of the GOP happens in a few years.

>>wanting Britain to stay in the EU

He really fucked it there, if there is one thing we hate it is being told what to do. Especially by Johnny Foreigner.

Here's your (you)

He was on the losing side. If he was the swing vote, he probably would have succumbed to pressure to change his vote anyways, like he did in King. He is despicable.

I am not the biggest Kennedy fan, but there is a decent libertarinaish argument to be made about permitting state recognized gay marriage if you're going to recognize marriage at all. Of course Kennedy didn't bother to use that kind of thinking in Obergfell, and instead used some wooey 'everybody deserves everything good in the world' shit that the (dearly departed) late Scalia chastised him for.

But gay marriage, whatever, it was going to happen eventually. Forcing me to buy something under penalty of law just because I am alive? Fuck that. That is such complete bullshit I don't even know what to say.

>the joke
(you)

Just because someone disagrees with the poorly conformed popular Sup Forums opinions doesn't mean I'm looking to troll or antagonize, people just need to be historically and emotionally objective, but reactionary, deliberately contrarian thinking is easier I suppose.

Young, optimistic and naive. Bought the bullshit in the run up to 08' election. I Remember sitting in my living room election night feeling excited.

>2008 was 8 years ago

I figured that perhaps after you had a nigger run you that you guys would fix the republican party and get rid of the bushes. Then you stalled for 4 years by letting Romney run.

>before Sup Forums

Another fun edition of spot the newfag

Yes it does, here's your other you

Sup Forums was pro Ron Paul back then

Just as now Sup Forums is sucking Trump's dick, people sucked Paul's dick.

In both 2008 and 2012.

It failed both times, and Obama won, because he gives great speeches.

>should've been here during the munich agreement
>czechs got cucked so bad

Didn't Judas Kennedy join with Roberts in the Obamacare decision though?

That was the punchline

To anyone paying attention it was blatantly clear Obama was a piece of shit before he ever got elected.

I knew right off the bat he'd win, because he was black, not because he was the best pick.

I remember my high school was full of Obama paraphernalia. It was fun to see all guys who couldn't vote campaign it to guys who also couldn't vote, fambalam.

In 2012 I voted for Obama because I hated Romey. I didn't want a fellow Mexican-American in the White House.Obama then fucked it all up. I knew the kind of scumbags we can be. I should have known better, tbqh

this is what you get when you elect a chicago politician

i fucking chimpcongo so much

No, and he delivered the dissent from the bench to boot.

>He wasnt here when the big bang happend

I remember when Obama won in 2008 and my parents were all depressed and I was laughing because I thought George Bush was a hater and obama was cool and funny and I voted for him because le likable black man

now 8 years later after living and working in the real world I look back on my stupidity and wish my parents were more vocal against my liberalism, I feel so ashamed. I look at young bernouts and hilltards and wonder if the same thing will happen to them when they actually grow up and have to live in the real world.

I naively thought he would reverse bush foreign policy, trade policy, and national security policy.

>Treaty of Versailles
>Germcucks BTFO
>How can Germany ever recover?

(Sorry, earlier I said King, but I meant NFIB/Sebelius)

>not being here for Truman v. Dewey

Fucking pleb

>Maybe he won't be so bad but its not like his competition is very good
I was too you to vote back then so i was pretty uninformed back then, when i saw his policies in action and what hes done leading to now i support Trump, when i saw Ron Paul running i was all for that but we all know how that ended.

>He wasn't here for William the Conqueror v Harold

Sup Forums was decidedly leftist

Not sure what has changed but it's now completely right-wing.

Maybe it will shift back after 8 years of Trump

>Not being here for Grog v Thag

Thag make cave great. Don't ban high capacity assault rock.

>Not being here for the cucking of the persians at marathon
mfw.

Boondocks called it day one & it was pretty powerful

How Riley was representing all Black people at the time & thought everything would change when Obama got in, then he confronted the Police & was like "you can't touch me because we got a brother in the white house" then gets his ass beat, a sign of things to come indeed

Huey being the redpilled Black guy & telling everyone nothing would change & getting called an uncle tom etc was true too

OK I was thinking of King, admittedly I wasn't following them at the time of the first decision. Fuck them both.

I'm happy to say I didnt vote for him and was skeptical from the beginning.

My white and black friends all liked him and were reading his gay book.

To me it just looked like he was being paraded around as 'dis gunna be da first black predisent' and everyone was eating it up.

>You dont like obama? is it cause hes BLACK?

In 2008, I wasn't even on Sup Forums.

Back then, I was an /x/-tier conspiracy theorist and a dumb anarchist kid, though. I could have cared less who won, because in my mind, if the president made something I liked illegal, I could just commit crime to persist in it anyway, since that's how I lived then anyway.

Ron Paul's platform appealed to me intellectually because it seemed like a good synthesis of left and right at the time. I name dropped him anytime discussion of the election came up, but I had no real hope in him winning.

Obama looked cool and I liked his image, but he smelled like a run of the mill politician to me. He didn't talk about dismantling the fed, so he didn't explicitly appeal to me, but he didn't necessarily turn me off either. Basically, he looked like the candidate who would be mediocre -- doing nothing, maybe legalising weed, but overall a lame duck.

McCain bored me and I didn't want another Bush. I didn't think he even stood a chance, given how anti-bush the nation had grown, and he was such a boring candidate that it may have well been a race between Obama and Palin rather than McCain and Obama.

I was 17 in 2008, though, so my opinion was irrelevant.

I didn't vote in that election, but to me he just came off as a car salesman. A smooth talker with nothing in his past to back it up (community organizer, wow).

Nobody even knew or cared who he was. Everyone was just jizzing their undies at the idea of a black guy in office. The faggots in the media even compared him to JFK. The unfolding of his election was nauseating.

>far left
>Sup Forums

Wew have times changed

The Boondocks is a redpill for black people

>Basically, he looked like the candidate who would be mediocre -- doing nothing, maybe legalising weed, but overall a lame duck.

Funny thing is that during his first term, his administration was - by far- the most anti-weed administration we've had for over 2 decades, based on the number of DEA raids, including in states and cities that had decriminalized it locally.

SUMMER NEVER ENDS

>racist comments
It was racism that got him elected.

socrates was such a nigger

This site was pretty left-leaning before 9/11. You should've seen how crazy things were after Bush v. Gore.

I've been on Sup Forums for close to a decade. Jesus fucking christ.

top kek

see Frankly, even somethingawful (which is where any anons at the time would have been during Bush v Gore) was pretty evenly divided between left and right, except with a strong bent towards being OK with being left the fuck alone.

I didnt leave the Democratic party, the Democratic party left me

Everyone and their mother thought he was Jesus. Anyone who cautioned that he will be a major disappointment to everyone got called a racist.

Times haven't changed much since then.

>continued military intervention in the middle east
>continued alliance with largest financier of terrorism, Saudi Arabia
>expanded domestic surveillance
>prosecuted twice as many journalists than all previous presidents combined
>spending last year inciting a race war while chiding Trump for being a fear-mongerer

Yeah, he was basically Bush 2.1

Obama won because he's a nigger, don't make two mistakes about it.

14 year old me thought that he was pandering to poor and black people, especially black people. i remember seeing the campaigning for him in black areas on tv and thinking jesus christ these people are literally fucking retarded. His entire campaign for black people was "obama gonna give me so much free shit"

>he wasn't here agreeing with Barry that these fucking crazy baptist pastors and their Jew-worship were going to lead the USA to ruin

being an illegalist and a drug dealer at the time, actual legalization scared the hell out of me back then -- it was a negative point for him.

I really wasn't motivated in terms of small-tier domestic policy back then, because I'd just do what I wanted illegally anyway.

My biggest concerns were dismantling modern banking, opening up news media to the commoner rather than the corporation (not as big of a deal nowadays with blogs) and undermining "rich people" (I had yet to smell the jew).

It is funny, though, because most of the niggers I knew back then basically sold obama on "he gun' legalize ganja and gib reparations".

Had you just watched Zeitgeist?

uh, yes actually. Well, probably first saw it in 2007, but it was something fresh on my mind at that time.

Most of what influenced my thought back then, though, was discordianism and snippets of ayn randisms as found in satanism.

I was a srsly dumb edgy teen now that I'm forced to look at it...

>Nobody was here for the Cleveland vs McKinley that was some damn good ole reps vs dems :D.

Lel

>somethingawful
the 9/11 thread tho shit is crazy to read

it reminded me of Sup Forums during a happening without the spam

Obama was a phenomenon

its funny cause they'll accuse Trump of being just a personality when thats all Obama was.

>le not qualified!!
>from the people who voted in Obama

We were against him, he came out of nowhere and any argument against him was met with RAYCISS

If only based molymeme was around to point out the fact that it was NOT AN ARGUMENT

>he wasn't here for Adams v. Jefferson

young*

>Not being here for the crusades

So many dank memes were created.