watch the show now, its in the same vein. you would like it

Blood Simple was just as good.

Barton Fink was so much better.

Damn those talented ass ___!

a) Jews
b) brothers
c) white men
d ) none of the above

I haven't seen Blood Simple but Barton Fink and other attempts at surrealistic comedy such as Raising Arizona, Big Lebowski, O Brother, Ladykillers remake isn't nearly as good as their action/thriller movies.

NO JEAN NO MONEY

Its better ever time you watch it
Next to no country for old men, and fink its the best coen bros movie

Blood Simple is really solid but nowhere near as good as Fargo. It doesn't have any of the humor, or the comfiness, the score, the performances aren't as good, it has no real themes to discuss

I watched it and it was boring. There was some buried treasure, and somebody got put in a wood chipper, and I can't remember anything else.

I also watched The Big Lebowski, No Country for Old Men, True Grit (2010), and O Brother, Where Art Thou? The Big Leboswki was the only non-boring one, and even that is overrated.

Spotted the retard.

I don't see why Fargo is considered a comedy. I mean it's funny at times, but I would've never described it as a comedy.
What do you guys think of Miller's Crossing?

the show is even better t b h f a m

show is reddit meme tier

it is a legitimate modern masterpiece

To say Barton Fink isn't their magnum opus up to this point...

Really?

It's like saying Bottle Rocket isn't the best Wes Anderson film.

the pacing is simply excellent, honestly don't think anybody does it better than the coens

I didn't understand why this movie gets so much praise til I relaxed that I watched Argo.

Watching this right now.

then why are you posting in this thread?

Nothing disgust me more than people like you. Watch a film. Don't do anything else. Concentrate you fucking mongoloid.

it's after 3pm, the children are home from a long day of getting bullied at school

>And it's a beautiful day

GOAT scene

Inside Llewyn Davis is their best film

Barton Fink was so fucking excellent because I went into it having no idea what to expect and was consistently surprised scene by scene, not to mention Turturro and Goodman were perfect. By the end I was kind of dumb founded trying to figure out what I had just experienced

This movie is so fucking shit and boring, it doesn't deserve any praise.

totally underrated, as is A Serious Man

The man who wasn't there is their best

I have never understood why most people view it as a second tier coen

Is The Ladykillers worth watching? I've always read it's their worst film, but does that mean it's bad?

COENKINO
>Fargo
>A Serious Man
>The Man Who Wasn't There
>O, Brother Where Art Thou
>Raising Arizona
>Burn After Reading
COEN STINKO
>No Country For Old Men
>The Big Lebowski
>Inside Llewyn Davis
>Barton Fink
These are just the facts.

What does Fargo, and the television show, hope to achieve with the "This Is A True Story' conceit?

Did i miss the memo? Is it cool to shit on NCFOM now?

You just asked a question you would otherwise not need to.

>otherwise
? Otherwise under what conditions? What is the condition which under I asked the question?

You wouldn't.

This is the point I am making.

This is some basic class 101 marketing shit.

CREATE INTRIGUE

You're not succeeding in making a point. Are you trying to say that it's a question that does not need an answer? I think there are thematic pieces at play that don't seem to point to anything yet, and maybe never will.

Eh, if you're a cynic and not interested I get this perspective. But, if you really don't want to think about it, don't engage with the question.

To add, I don't think Fargo is ever marketed as "A True Story" and there's nothing surrounding the events to continue the illusion that it is. It's a motif, and they play with its messaging and possible meaning in the show all the time.

I don't understand what are you trying to say. "Based on a true story" is a marketing gimmick.

No it isn't. For the first film it might have been, but it's certainly not for the shows. They even intro the show with "This Is A True Story" *two-seconds and letters fade* "...Story" remains. The opening scene to S3 is someone telling somebody to quit playing with "words" "stories", and deal in truth... they're not telling a story.

Regardless if it's well thought out, the show has thematic presence in fact/fiction, or at least purports that it does.

Looks like you fell for the gimmick.

Blood simple is my favourite coen kino, one of the most suspenseful films I've ever seen

Just don't reply to posts if you're not interested in the subject.

Kill yourself redditor.

Still havent watched this or the series

I finally watched it too a couple of months ago and was extremely disappointed. Mind you, i have watched several of their newer movies.

Fargo felt like the Coens didn't have their ideas fully formed. It was an effort towards the formation of their language

Thank you for your contribution to the thread.

Definitely funny at times. Most 'comedies' aren't funny once so why is it not a comedy. It's a so called dark comedy btw senpai.

The wording is 'a true story'. It can be interpreted two ways. As 'based on a true story' (which it is not) or a true story, as in 'this is truly a fucking story' (which it is).

The only actual lie in the credits is thus that Prince is not acting in it.

Tell me what I think of it

Dubs, and Fargo is garbage.

Kino confirmed