Trek Thread

>Worf: Captain, I recommend a full spread of photon torpedoes!
>Picard: Mr. Worf, if I wanted the opinions of a wild beast, I would ask. Now shut your dirty Klingon mouth and don't you dare open it again until I say you should, or I'll be forced to get the painstick again. Is that understood?

>Worf: Captain, I recommend a full spread of photon torpedoes!
>Sisko: Excellent idea, Mr. Worf. And I want you to know just how much I appreciate your counsel and experience. You're a terrific officer and I am privileged to have you under me!

What the fuck happened?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=edflm7Hh3hs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Sisko: Mr. Worf, prepare to bombard this colony of Federation separatists with chemical weapons.
>Worf: Holy shit, that's extreme even for me.

Worf thread? Worf thread.

Yeah, niggers are more prone to violence. We already knew this

>we have much to discuss

youtube.com/watch?v=edflm7Hh3hs

>that one time julian fucked a cripple in zero g

that episode was so fucking boring

What a guy

Eh it was pretty solid imo. I always like it when they present an issue and don't force it to right vs wrong. Of course they found a reset button solution but they kinda had to.

>It's a Hillary Clinton episode

>I'd rather be dead and being paralyzed than having to look after my son

what's with people in Star Trek choosing death over not being able to be starfleet officers

Earth was boring as fuck

It was a Klingon thing, not a Starfleet thing.

Worf asks Riker to do the suicide ritual thing, and Riker is all like "No you son of a bitch I looked this up and it's supposed to be your eldest son, so if you want someone to kill yourself you'll have to ask the little boy you'll be leaving behind."

Picard too chose being dead over being forced to live as Barclay

>meanwhile on Star Trek Online

Is that a warp capable surveyor's wheel?

No, the episode was about how he regretting being such a hot head in his youth, and Q was trying to show him that if he hadn't been a hot head he wouldn't have mellowed into a seasoned badass as he grew older.

yes, and at the end he said that he would rather die the man he was than live as that pathetic proto-Barclay

>if he hadn't been such a hothead, it would have been extremely painful

What's the comfiest warp factor?

>STO is still active

Impressive, kinda.

reminder beta picard did nothing wrong. dom jot is a stupid ass pool game.

PLAY DOM JOT, HU-MAHN?

>nearly infinite
That means nothing.

>Warp factor 9.6 (Ship's maximum rated speed)
>Across entire Galaxy
>52 years

Voyager was a lot faster than the Enterprise, why did Janeway think it would take her 70 years to do less than half that distance?

Pit stops for coffee

>implying the warp factor scale is consistent between series, let alone between episodes

The real question is, why did Voyager opt to fly straight to the Alpha quadrant instead of taking a detour to the Gamma side of the Bajoran wormhole?

No, the real question is why was Voyager even made?

The 70 years number was maximum speed no stopping though

It is consistent, there was a scale adjustment between TOS and TNG though.

It may not have been as stable as they thought, or it could have been destroyed intentionally, and if they omitted to it and it got there to discover it was gone, they'd not have got home at all. Also, the Federation had been given the "Stay on your side of the anomaly" ultimatum by The Dominion and lost the Odyssey to them by that point, Janeway probably knew about it too.

>omitted
committed*

The show or the ship?

Show

Shhh don't burst their bubble, and remember every separatist was in the vicinity of a ship so no one could've ever died :^)

Voyager can't sustain its maximum speed for more than 12 hours. Optimum cruising speed is more or less warp 8.

>Despite the general prosperity of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, Paramount pressured Rick Berman for yet another Star Trek television series.

>the general prosperity of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
kek

Because it was almost as a long of a trip across the galaxy. There is however no guarantee however that wormhole would be there in say twenty years. Plus it's a pick your poison scenario cross dominion or borg space.

The better question why didn't Janeway just stay put when she stumbled upon a human settled world. She had moral duty to protect that settlement. Her chances of survival where highest there and just wait for help from the federation when ever they show up in 50 or less years.

>It's a Red Foreman episode

What are your favourite guest stars in Trek episodes?

>i mean y-
>you know what i mean

Why not shoot for the nearest possible Milky Way satellite like Canis Major Dwarf?

I need to pee

Dang TNG did gut

Why did Trip have to die

Drama

why didnt voyager just stay at this and shop for more parts?

why was there a tractor beam?

Brothers gotta stick together.

I ain't reading all this shit

>There's a lot of malfunctions!
Yeah, but that's because we see 176 days out of a 2,555 day mission and nothing went wrong the rest of the time.

>The Borg weren't prepared for a starship captain to lure them into his 50's noir detective holo-novel and then machine gun them to death with a weapon made out of hard light

Basically sums it up.

Any modern warship that developed 176 critical and/or life-threatening malfunctions in 7 years would be scrapped or refitted.

Well, there weren't any malfunctions in most episodes, and in fact the only actual design flaw I can think of was the explosion that triggered The Drumhead.

>Warp core breach a lot sooner than you think

That wasn't a design flaw, it was a poorly manufactured part.

"Commander, tell me about your sexual organs."

XD

Actually some of that is really funny.

If you're a faggot.

>What the fuck happened?
not enough schöner schwarzer kaffee

>nobody even comments maybe they should change their policy of completely unsecured stacked barrels on a ship that gets shaken every other episode

Star Trek is an OSHA nightmare.

>it's a 'writers try to make everyone hate dukat' episode

Star Trek Writers' Technical Manual - Third Season Edition

"Set course for the Devron system, warp thirteen." -Captain Beverly Crusher, All Good Things, Season 7

What the fuck did they mean by this?

transwarp drives

Take that SJW Tumblr shit elsewhere

Everytime i see autistic StarTrek threads i just shake my head and laugh.

You severely damaged losers are literally the bronys of Sup Forums. You know? That sub group of Sup Forums kids who obsess over the presschool girl show my little pony? You probably dont know since all of you pathetic losers are far to busy refreshing this thread and fapping to maps.

Why on earth would a group of you no lifes clinge to heavily to something as sad as this? Is there some sort of mental sickness in you guys? All never lived as children? Do you have no grasp on reality? How can you allow yourselfs to deteriorate to this?

At first i figured it was one lonely kid making these threads and bumping all day while crying in the basement for being such a usless life wasting vermon... But then i realized this isnt 1 kid doing this. This is at least 10 or 11 of you in these threads, getting hard over a show. No doubt all of you are fat out of shape friendless autists. So is that the thrill you kids get from these threads? Is it the fact that you can live out a highschool fantasy even though you cant even get off the bed to empty out your piss bottle?

Im speaking for Sup Forums as a whole and possibly your families as well. Just stop. It isnt healthy. Stop.now and try and live a regular life. How embarassed your family must feel when they have to explain to your aunt and uncle that you are an avid startrek fan and yet you cant even leave your house. Just stop already. Quit with the silly threads. Op, delete this thread. Kids, delete the Sup Forums bookmark and clear your browser history off all the .gifs you have of little Sup Forums flags you collected.

I tell you this because im empathetic and i care. Please listen.

>Kids, delete the Sup Forums bookmark and clear your browser history off all the .gifs you have of little Sup Forums flags you collected.
You half-assed this post like the Voyager writers half-assed Voyager.

>didn't even proofread

Sad!

Dominion was in charge of that quadrant.
They'd have been blasted to bits.

>social justice: the episode

I can even sit through move along home but this was just too much

and to think that stuckup cunt was supposed to be a regular

The thing is, people don't realize the work that goes into properly doing copypasta. They think copypasta is something that slackers can do, or candy-assgots, or assholes. It's not true. Copypasta is a dying artform and if you don't see that, I don't know what's wrong with you.

First of all, you sacrifice spending real time on Sup Forums. You can't participate as much as you'd like to because you're so busy doing copypasta that you can't. As a result, you miss a lot of really great threads. Still, it's a sacrifice, so you do it.

There's also the problem of "Flood detected". This message can really hurt your progress. You should try to get your copypasta into every active thread and if you have to sit there waiting before the flood period is over, you lose valuable time. This is also very difficult.

Also, picking which threads should get a copypasta first are sort of difficult. There are threads that don't stay on the first page for very long, so you may be missing some of the more prominent threads. Of course, you should try to hit them all, but for the desire effect, you need to get into bigger threads quickly.

Finally, there's the moral problem. One thing about copypasta is that sometimes it feels good, but sometimes it feels bad.

BTW, this wasn't a copypasta, I just typed it out.

How the fuck did a cripple even pass the Academy? Did she bitch and whine about the "ablest" physical fitness?

She wasn't a cripple though. Her legs worked perfectly fine, so long as she was in her homeworld

I thought it was funny

>so long as she was in her homeworld

That's the important part. If you were wounded, are you going to trust her to carry you out of danger?

Captain Crusher was issuing a command to the helmsman, to engage the ship's warp drives at velocity that is arbitrary yet communicates to the viewer that they're going very fast.