You guys see the newest Leftovers?

You guys see the newest Leftovers?

I liked this episode but I thought it was gonna be better. I guess Kevin Garvey Sr. wasn't enough to carry a single episode compared to Matt or Nora.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=r_KVKR9KgFI
youtube.com/watch?v=EkJ6oraES9E
youtube.com/watch?v=xKrptS0lZ38
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

bbbbuuuummmmppp

Really? I thought he was phenomenal. I didn't like or care about the characters when he showed up in previous seasons, yet here he successfully carried the episode by himself and got me so invested that it I felt like I was watching a Matt episode. I enjoyed it a lot.

You're wrong you fucking retard

character**

He did a fantastic job carrying the episode. It feels like a bit of a tease for the final season though. 8 episode isn't a lot to work with already and I feel like each should be focused on the main cast.

Admittedly, that was probably the point. Oh well. Good episode though.

Worst episode yet. Worse than a Matt episode.

It was a pretty good episode. It's just that we haven't seen a lot of Kevin Sr., since he was absent the majority of season 2, so he doesn't have the same amount of depth as other characters. There were a lot of great moments, like his monologue to Christopher, the tape being destroyed, and the old woman's monologue at the end were great.

Never heard of this show before but seen a few posts on here about it - what's the general jist of it? Worth watching?

I think it was just a little underwhelming because you expect so much from a Kevin sr. episode

Yeah now that I'm thinking more about it I think it was a great performance and he really gave it his all. I think maybe the problem was my expectations: I was kind of expecting a little more insight on his mental collapse with some flashbacks like in the OP pic. But it was very much contained to the current. I will revisit the episode and probably enjoy it a lot more the second time.

It's Lost.

You need to work on your bait game son

It's the best tv show right now, along with The Young Pope. First season is good but kind of divisive. Season 2 is almost perfect.

the self-immolation scene was grotesque
>that stomping as the guy staggered around burning to death

bumppp

Kevin Jr. and Nora are going to arrive in Australia ep 4 and the whole rest of the series will be nothing but happenings

Ep 4 is a Kevin+Nora episode but it doesn't look like they're in Australia yet.

kys

I thought the episode was great. So far every episode from season 3 has knocked it out of the park.

Did you see the preview? They're def in Australia dude

>DUDE FLOOD
Remember when season 1 was just a story about fractured families?
This shit is getting too L O S T

>They're def in Australia dude
What? It looked like some urban shithole. Could be Dallas.

What are you talking about? This character has been (allegedly) loony since season one. And the point of the mysteries and the supernatural stuff is to make you question it the same way the characters on the show do. You can believe in the flood or believe that it's just bullshit and both are fine.

I'd happily believe that papa Garvey is just tripping through straya, but knowing that Kevin and Nora went there too, with 5 episodes left I doubt that its just a cuhrazy red herring

The timing of the episode confuses me: Matt sent Garvey Senior the book, but his wife and son are still there, and Matt still had the book when they were leaving.

Is this a plot hole?

He sent him a draft dude.

There won't be a flood.

The thing is that it's not supposed to be a red herring. Everything is connected. We don't know if there's any meaning to it or not, or if it's just a crazy coincidence.

That was a copy

If you watch this video

youtube.com/watch?v=r_KVKR9KgFI

Everybody except Jill & Tom are in Australia, wonder what compels them to follow Kevin.

then why'd Matt get so mad when Garvey Sr. said he got rid of the book?

>Matt has spent the better part of 3 years secretly working on this book costing him his marriage, probably considers it his purpose in life to write this holy scripture
>Kevin Sr throws it out and pretty much tells him the book is his story not Kevin Jr's

Gee I wonder why.

matt sends copy to straya (kevin jr doesn't know it exists yet)
kevin jr finds out about book
matt gives him original
matt wants kevin sr's copy because he fears kevin jr will destroy original and he want to keep working on it.

>Gee I wonder why.
Because it was the only copy of Matt's book?

>there won't be a flood
what's up with all the previews with the characters standing in rain and shit then?

Might just be the start and then Kevin has to die again to stop it. I guarantee him in the white suit is part of his "mission" after he "dies".

>Because it was the only copy of Matt's book?
Kevin clearly has the other copy in the previous episode.

This.

Also is the young pope actually good? I just couldnt get into it for 2 episodes and gave up

It is. You just gotta go along with the unconventional mesh of drama and comedy with a bit of surrealism. Most of the characters are great, the performances are excellent (especially Jude) and Sorrentino's direction is godly.

>The Young Pope
>good

cathocuck please stop

I like that Kevin sr was an asshole and got what he deserved from people like the ambulance drivers and Matt
its always nice to see Matt break out of his shell and tell people to fuck off

it was Australia, probably Sydney, there is even a guy wearing a koala costume.

>white suit
in what promo is this?

Its not worth it, this capeshit tv flick is shit.

kevin has the original book, not a copy, he gave the only copy to kevin sr. if kevin jr decides to destroy or burn, how he almost did it, the book is gone.

Reddit's page for this show is better than these lameass threads.

no... the episode went back in time within the story by like 3 weeks. only the very start of the episode, and the last 10 or so minutes, was after matt's wife left him

i didnt know this show is that popular, im heading out there cuz i cant find adequate people to talk with about the leftovers..seen the page and its full of the leftovers fanatics, i will fit in there just as well

Why the fuck did they change the season 3 trailer's music ?
youtube.com/watch?v=EkJ6oraES9E

it was much better before
youtube.com/watch?v=xKrptS0lZ38

episode was filler trash just like the last episode

Yeah, Leftovers reddit is a great think-tank and you'll enjoy it there if you love theorizing about the outcome.

>Kevin Sr. fumbles around and is funny for 45 minutes, he struggles for purpose and almost loses his life.
>Then there is a parallel story about following self-made meaning blindly, and that there are other stories circling your own.
>Naaahhhh, you got the wrong Kevin! The hunt's back on!
Episodes like this really hurt when there are so few episodes this season.

I just spoiled myself with this trailer, I figured everything out. Shit.

When getting Kevins, remember to get the correct Kevin.
Don't buy generic Kevin. It doesn't mix well with water.

everyone knows kevin sr is gonna drown kevin jr to talk to christopher sunday

>muh aborigins

why did he die mates? he acted so good and he seems to be caring about what kevin sr says

>CHRISTopher
>sunday

B R A V O
R
A
V
O

Reddit pages for shows are shit. I don't want to be fucking spoiled.

I understood it as more of "Sundae" than "Sunday".

Two different shots of him drowning in the trailer. One in a bathtub and the other is him on that plank they drowned the Australian Kevin with. Poor Kevin.

The plank one to prove he is the Kevin to the strayan lady and i'm guessing the bathtub one is to go to the hotel

also
>tfw Keivn Sr. doesn't remember his visit to the hotel when he was wacked off on God's Tongue

Reddit

Being Kevin must be suffering. Only reason he wants to go to Australia is to be with Nora and now he is going to have to die like 2 or 3 times ad she is going to blast herself with radiation.

Last episode wasn't filler bud.

no proof?

Great argument fagtron you sure convinced me with those hot opinions.

Found out what happened to Lily, Tommy's character has come full circle, closure with Erika, Nora finds out and decides to investigate the radiation scheme, walks in on Kevin suffocating himself, decides to go to Australia and Kevin asks to go along which is a crucial moment.

I liked it but they really stretched the material to fit 60 minutes. Could have easily been told in 40.

And I know it's the point of the whole show but I'm sick of people staring at others while on the verge of tears, painfully sharing their deepest departure related griefs. It's completely played out

I had high expectations going in, but it was still a great episode even if it didn't quite meet my expectations. Kevin Sr. is hilarious and the actor gave a good performance. I like the character.

The end was heartbreaking hearing Grace's story and is an example of why I watch the show. Just love the insinuation that the looming hidden hand of God is making these things happen. people in the right place at the right time.

its undoubtedly the best show on right now in my opinion. Couldn't really put into words why, but there is a feeling to it, don't know if i'd say its life affirming, but the beautiful moments that the show hits are sublime. broken people trying to put themselves back together.

It was good but it was pretty much a Matt episode with Kevin Sr. subbed in.

Never go full retard

If you unironically believe that this show has ever had an ounce of filler you need to fuck off back to /got/.

cucked like the father of jesus he is
jk, great character all considered

What do you mean? How does the last scene undermine Kevin Sr's development here?

Only episode I would even consider close to filler is the baby jesus episode.

Actually, when Nora told him about straya he seemed relieved and asked her if he could go, like he also needed to go there for other reason but didn't want to tell her.

Eh, Theroux specifically said in one of the things they air after the episode that Kevin goes specifically because he wants to be with Nora.

I mean, the actress cried for real at that scene. It was the highlight for me.

absolutely.

i may or may not have teared up a bit. i'll never tell. lol

I was balls deep into the show already thanks to the previous Matt episode to consider it filler desu. Every single episode of this show has made me wish it lasted longer.

>Every single episode of this show has made me wish it lasted longer.
I know that feeling man, sucks that this is going to be the final season.