The Mummy

Saw a test-screening.

Solid 7/10. Tom Cruise is fun as always, Russell Crowe is surprisingly good as Jekyll & Hyde and the Mummy is a qt. Main love interest is bland, plot is predictable but alright, stinger blatantly rips off Marvel.

Overall an okay movie to get that cinematic universe they want started.

Also the trailers spoil what little twists are left. So don't expect to be really surprised by anything.

If I can't see Tom Cruise's dick it's not worth seeing.

If Tom Cruise were a Mummy, he'd be Tut Cruise.

Why does this look so cheap?

Spoil the damn stinger you useless fuck. Why even make this thread just to say a whole lot of nothing

I think it looks alright for a lower-end Hollywood blockbuster.

>Tom Cruise is now starring in low-end blockbusters

Spent all their money on Tom Cruise

What exactly is the nature of the cinematic universe?

Cruise has to fight a monster every movie? monsters joining together to fight a big bad?

It will build up to the inevitible Monster Squad remake

>the Mummy is a qt

All that matters to me. Monstergirl cinematic universe WHEN?!

I'm just giving broad strokes, but whatever.

Tom Cruise becomes a Mummy too (long story) and finds out that the government organization that allegedly wants to capture monsters to protect humanity is in fact building an army of monsters. Jekyll is the subcommander, and in the end he reports to the big boss behind the operation. It's Dracula, but we don't see him, just a fancy dragon-shaped ring and a british accent. Also Tom remains a good guy and goes on the run from this organization.

Based on how the movie ends it's good monsters (maybe led by Tom?) vs. evil monsters led by Dracula.

I also saw a test screening here in Los Angeles.

3/10.

Tom Cruise is terrible. He's well past his prime. It's impossible to take him seriously as an action star. He needs to transition into something else quick.

Russell Crowe is so fat, and he's clearly just there to collect a paycheck.

The Mummy is awful. There are so many cringe worthy moments with her. There were points in the movie where people laughed at scenes that weren't meant to be funny.

Put generic makeup on some dumb slut and call it a monster? It's a terrible idea that makes for a terrible movie.

How does someone "become" a mummy when by definition youd have to be buried long ago

also how do you know its dracula for sure and not some douche? he shows some powers or something?

>Tom remains a good guy and goes on the RUN from this organization

confirmed kino lads

sounds like it might be fun

Mummy Impossible: Rogue Nation?

You have to become JUST in RL.

Where the fuck is Brendan Fraser's fucking cameo, you fucking Universal shill?

Modern mummy = zombie with intelligence and vague magical powers.

>cinematic universe
>the mummy

lel
e
l

Why lie?

Ok, how did they kill the Mummy? I bet you don't know.

How's Sofia?

B-but, what about me?

So it's the League of Extraordinary Monsters

Do you?

Yes

I JUST forgot to call you.

Does Jekyll play Hyde and seek with Tom at any point?

Hi Clooney

Do tell.

How did they kill the Mummy OP?

>yfw OP doesnt know

He gets the same powers as her and he's the reincarnation of her long-lost love.

Also Jekyll addresses him by Count.

Pretty good.

Destroying the amulet + impalement combo.

BOX OFFICE POISON

Stay butt hurt faggot.

I'm willing to spoil the whole movie if anyone likes.

It seems kind of lame that a freshly mummified mummy is as powerful as an ancient one

That's so clooney

Do it if you're so great.

does dracula really have a cameo in this?

>dracula
>british accent

Thanks, Hollywood. Can't have immigrant Roma be villains!

Yes.

No way thats real

how does tom cruise get mummy powers?
do they tease any other monsters in this movie?
how much coke did they snort to think this was remotely a good or even just commercially viable idea?

He's the reincarnation of the Mummy's long-lost love and he's cursed from the get-go. She only enhances his Mummy powers.

Just a couple of vampires and warewolves.

It's a pretty efficient action movie.

I didn't make myself clear
I'm sure the movie itself is serviceable, but I doubt audiences will react positively to the idea of a shared monsterverse, it only works with marvel because they keep their movies as bland and uninteresting as possible

I hope it does well because I want to see the other old school monster flicks remade

Double edged sword there. Do you want them remade as big budget studio action product? Last i saw of Dracula and Frankenstein they were in CGI shitfest action movies a year or so ago.

Tom Cruise is an ex-soldier who is handpicked by a private military contractor played by Courtney B. Vance to guard an archeological site in the Middle East. Jake Johnson is Cruise's buddy sidekick. Vance works for a wealthy billionaire who collects antiques and wants to complete a particular set.

So the site gets attacked by terrorists but Cruise quickly figures out they're not targeting the soldiers but the site itself. A bomb goes off and unveils a large tomb. The terrorists get spooked and flee.

Vance shows up with a hot archaeologist and she gets into a slap-slap-kiss romance with Cruise. She says the tomb houses the Mummy of Ahmanet, an egyptian princess who was promised the throne by her father. He reneged on the deal when he had a son. She went mental and killed her father in a ritual for Set to grant her the power she was denied. Before the ritual was complete she was caught by the guards led by her lover, who was horrified by her actions. The priests had her mummified and sent away.

This rich dude is collecting items related to her because she's a forgotten princess whose name was scratched off of history because of the bad shit she did. He already got the sword she used to slay her father and the scroll she used to chant the ritual. All that's left is an amulet which has sent away along with her.

Tom doesn't want to mess with that shit because those locals were trying to scare them off of the tomb, but he's offered double for it. So they unearth the tomb and Tom finds a box with the amulet. Both are to airlifted to London. Tom touches the amulet. Suddenly the plane is attacked by a flock of birds and goes down. Tom puts the last parachute on blondie and sends her away. He stays on the falling plane as it crashes with no survivors.

Yes, we all saw the trailer. Why don't you tell us something we don't know, faggot?

Tom wakes up in a government facility run by Jekyll. He survived without a scratch on him. He disables the guards but then comes face to face with Jekyll, who explains there's monsters that humanity doesn't know about and their job and round up and stop them. As it turns out the tomb was cracked open in the crash and the Mummy is gone. Tom asks how he's alive. Jekyll says he's been chosen. Tom gets freaked out and escapes. Jekyll allows because that'll lead them right to the Mummy.

Tom stumbles around London and gets attacked by the Mummy controlling a bunch of rats, but scares them off. He then seeks blondie for help. She's staying at a local hotel after getting ditched by her employer over the plane crash. Cruise tells her about the Mummy and his powers and begs for her help to lift the curse. Meanwhile the Mummy attacks the employer's private collection and steals her sword, which restores her to a more human-like appearance.

Blondie figures out Cruise was cursed from touching the amulet, which went missing in the crash. They hear about the attack and figure out the Mummy is after the items to complete the ritual. They decide to steal the scroll from the rich dude, who was moved it to a safe location after the sword was stolen. They pull off the heist just as the Mummy arrives to steal it and unleashes her powers, creating a huge storm that destroys large portions of the city. Cruise and Blondie find out that the amulet is the key to the Mummy's power and they need to destroy it to sever her link to Set, which is what gives her power. Also, if she completes the ritual she will unleash Hell on Earth.

How about you shut the fuck up and go fuck yourself, nigger loving piece of shit.

Why don;t you tell me more, you handsome man who is likely financially well-off, which would certainly make me jealous.

>autism

a shared monster universe is SUCH a terrible idea

Why?

>your main characters are giant monsters who just want to kill everything that isn't them
>"why is this a bad idea?"

Are you retarded? There is a limit to how dimwitted the masses can be.

How does Drac look? Please tell me they didn't use the Dracula Untold guy.