Should historical revisionism be allowed?

Should historical revisionism be allowed?
Should promoting violence against your political opponents be allowed?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PhBb7nq6cdM
youtube.com/watch?v=QsSKm2HPYXI
archive.is/awJdc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Doctor Who has been declining in quality the last couple seasons. No reason to watch it at this point.

>Doctor
>ever punching people
thats so out of character it's not even funny

>Literally defending racism.

>watching government propaganda

>London in 1814 was full of niggers
>this is the truth you were lied to before
I want off this ride

I sort of found it odd because in the last episode, the new companion said something about robots the doctor found offensive and he just lectured her. Here he goes straight into punching as soon as the guy says something offensive.

This sounds fake. Did it actually happen?

They're literally going out of their way to shove this one down people's throats.

I hate Nu Who.

APOLOGIZE NOW

RTD is pretty liberal and sometimes pandered but he was never anywhere near as preachy as Moffhack. Also, Moffhack doesn't fucking know how to write female companions. All of them are the same "LOOK AT ME! I'M SO QUIRKY AND SMART! XD" shit.

PUNCH A NAZI IS LEGAL BECAUSE HE'S A NAZIIIIIIIIII

FUCK TRUMP AND FUCK WHITE PEOPLE

>history's a whitewash

WE

>This sounds fake. Did it actually happen?

youtube.com/watch?v=PhBb7nq6cdM

>The Doctor using physical violence
BURRRRP M-MORTY WE GOTTA URP- WE GOTTA PUNCH SOME RACISTS MORTY BRAAAAP GET IN THE TARDIS M-MORTY

Yes, it did.

This show should have ended decades ago

>season 8 Clara slaps him three times
>now he goes around hitting men
really made me think

So what caused Nu-Who to go off the deep end? It has always been liberal but I don't remember the Ecceleston/Tennant/Smith seasons being this in your face about it.

They were super fucking gay, but the current showrunner has a lot to do with it. Pic related.
That and the BBC being a literal left-wing propaganda station now.

I don't watch nu-Who, because I'm not a child, but isn't The Doctor meant to be a kind of befuddled but gentle academic? Why would he punch someone for holding views which he knows were merely a product of the time?

WUZ

>Her stupid vacuous expression immediately after he insults her
Does she actually go around pulling faces like that? Jesus

>It's real

The thing that made me finally stop watching was a female Master and that bullshit about the male timelord who regenerates into a female and says something something male ego

Idiots have no idea how to make good episodes anymore. They practically doubled the doctor's age just to try and make a single episode a little more impacting for fuck's sake.

You'll never see an episode where we go thousands of years in the past to africa and see asians and europeans chilling in subsaharan africa for diversity's sake.
Fuck the BBC for being racist

What little attachment I still had to this show, having grown up with the pre-2000 episodes and having enjoyed getting together with friends every saturday for the new ones starting with Eccleston, is slowly going. I guess it wasn't all gone yet.

Cunts

>black actor
holy shit guys I think they actually offered the role to Idris Elba

you're right, he despises physical violence. it was very out of character

Depends on the doctor really. Each doctor has a different personaility.

This show caters to autistics and man children. What the fuck did you expect?

just remembered when I lived in Canada and was going to High School they brought in like 5 wokeniggas to tell us about how Jesus was black.

shits an epidemic

>all that positive reception
Why are normies such cancer?

>This show caters to autistics and women.

Fixed that for you.

This never happened to me. What part?

Jesus wasn't white. He'd probably look like pic related

Montreal at a kind of "English" school where there was only like 150 kids

so I doubt it was part of mainstream Canadian curriculum but still

I don't get the Jesus was black thing. Wouldn't he have more middle eastern features instead of African features?

Who the fuck cares? The Chinese have depicted Jesus as Asian. Go yell at them for yellow washing.

>racism covered very well in book by the doctor just saying "just act like you own the place, I know I do" in order to deal with that aspect of a going in the past with a black companion
>this is how the show deals with it.

I remember when everyone was excited for Moffat as showrunner "FREAKING BLINK EVERY EPISODE QUALITY" then he actually took it over.

Has this lost ratings? I actually have no idea, I stopped watching the show myself about three quarters into Smith's first season.

Everyone was black till the blacks created white people.

You people only seem to be concerned about violence towards other people if they are white, I wonder why?

So glad I dropped this after Tenant.

But it's not.
Have you watched the show before?

youtube.com/watch?v=QsSKm2HPYXI

Couldn't they at least have made it a modern-day racist? Why punish people with violence for holding social values which were common and non-controversial at the time?

I find it funny leftists attack (admittedly wrong) the racist views of ancient Europeans, when middle eastern pedo-worshippers cite a part where their shit prophet calls Ethiopians raisin headed idiots to insult and enslave africans to this day.

what's more hilarious that they offered it to a black actor or that the black actor turned em down?

Never watched the series because its not my cup of tea but I swear this revisionist bullshit is popping up in every single movie and show.

Why not meme Moses to be full Kang? Why cant we have Mohammed portrayed as a girl? This is so stupid mate.

Don't be racist, user.

I've never seen Doctor Who before but the acting, writing and production value seem Youtube-tier

OP here,

I am sorry that my thread attracted so many n-bombs, f-bombs (homosexual slur), r-bombs, k-bombs, and insults to autistic people. I had no idea I would find myself the victim Sup Forums's hate and immaturity. If you are offended by the posters who I accidentally attracted to my thread then I am truly sorry, as I did not expect this.

different situations, show me a clip where Doctor uses violence because someone said something mean

>talking about what's out of character for a character you clearly know nothing about

Fuck off, fake nerd.

Did this try to be smart? Cos I get the feeling it thought it could try to be smart.

Does anyone remember when Sup Forums wasn't a blog for Sup Forums?
Memba when Sup Forums would just go on who evers site and troll.
Truly you all have become what you hate.
Stay cucked. Stay butthurt. Lol

in which episode Doctor used violence on someone because that person was mean or said something Doctor disagreed with?

>Thing makes me mad
>actively seek out thing
>take it to place I like
>post it there

It'll never make sense.

You're cute! What games do you play on twitch?
I'm asking because of the file name, not because I'm a mind reader XD

How long before it is revealed that Bill is an out of practice Muslim? They're going to go to some place and she's going to put on a burka and talk about how natural it is for her to wear.

archive.is/awJdc

>Moffat even talks about the idea he mentions above — the excuse of “historical accuracy” that some people often give to justify an all-white cast — “[W]e’ve kind of got to tell a lie: we’ll go back into history and there will be black people where, historically, there wouldn’t have been, and we won’t dwell on that. We’ll say, ‘To hell with it, this is the imaginary, better version of the world. By believing in it, we’ll summon it forth.’”

I stopped watching Dr. Who years ago, why haven't you?

What's the k bomb

People still watch this? I've never seen such a drop in fandom since this new doctor. No one talks about Dr. Who anymore.

This feels like one of those fake headlines where they exagerate a reaction to get you to not be left out and tune in: "EVERYONE is going NUTS over X thing!"

dad is an eternal labour voter and I heard him commenting about how the BBC has basically gone mad trying to shoehorn "colour" everywhere and how london back then would not have that many black people

personally I don't care because a) its a low immersion fantasy that I don't even watch
and b) its the BBC so it shouldn't even be shocking at this point

If you don't see the alarm is the state run BBC retroactively rewriting history to trick the plebs into thinking that there hasn't been a black and muslim takeover of their country you're a useful idiot desu

it's obviously k***

This one. Because every incarnation of the Doctor has his own quirks. This incarnation punches people.

If you can't fucking deal with a character changing along with the actor then don't watch the only show on tv where they keep changing the actors and the character to keep the show going. You've chosen the only show on tv where it's retarded to complain about it being out of character.

>this doctor is emotionally distant and can't tell faces apart let alone how someone is feeling
>Picks Bill because she stands out in a crowd with her emotions

BULLLLLLLLSHIT.

Um, maybe he identified as black you fucking bigot? Ugh

>Tom Sturridge as King Henry VI and Sophie Okonedo as Queen Margaret of Anjou in BBC2's "The Hollow Crown"
Thoughts?

We all know what Jesus REALLY looked like.

>we'll say to hell with this, this is a better imaginary world!

I mean yeah i guess it's your make believe gay time traveler show so yeah make believe

No, that's just typical stealing of the proud history of the melanin enriched peoples by the yellow devil

Only Nu-who I enjoy was Eccleston's season I don't care what anyone says he's a champ.

But racist white Nazis need to be punched!
This show is tumbler trash through and through

Remember when faggots like you called Sup Forums reddit for trolling Shia's HWNDU?

I think i shan't be watching

not even racist but stuff like this kills my immersion and thus ability to properly enjoy the show
no part of me can believe that a margaret of anjou was black

now if the cast was all or mostly black or like all or mostly asian I might be able to phase it out but otherwise its just jarring if they are trying to do a proper "historical" show

The problem is the New Testament doesn't directly describe Jesus but it does repeatedly say he was a good looking motherfucker

"Retarded Paki" doesn't fit the bill

It's not a proper historical show, it's a goddamn Shakespeare adaptation.

using violence only in self defence is not a quirk, it's a basis for every Doctors character and was always his defining trait, fuck off

well, I didn't know that
not really ARSED if its shakespere in that case

and Shekspeare wrote historical play. explain your logic, why do you think that anachronisms don't matter because it's Shekspeare adaptation? will adding cars also be cool then?

Blame the radical feminazi they hired, I think for lead writer. The show was tolerable up until they brought her on, and now suddenly Dr. Who is a completely unwatchable progressive SJW propaganda mess.

Yeah, I remember Shakespeare adding in blacks that weren't there.

Was so ahead of his time smashing the establishment, bro.

>Shakespeare wrote historical plays
Shakespeare wrote propaganda, just like the BBC

>Shakespeare wrote propaganda
for whom?

shakesperes first concern wasn't accuracy though

there is little basis for richard the third being at all like he is portrayed by shakespere for example

The King

of course, but his plays are still based on a historical period. how does licentia poetica when it comes to character traits of historical figures excuse anachronisms?

Rememb -
Oh wait you're a new faggot that doesn't realize Sup Forums has always been a racist and sexist cesspool.

Richard III is one of the most obvious example and was made to further legitimize the Tudor dynasty

really? but England had a Queen when he wrote, don't take shite out of your ass

Who gives a fuck.

>"Stand up for your betters."
>(punches him to the ground)
>"I didn't mean her race. I meant because she's so ugly!"

Based Pertwee punched people all the time
Fuck this pacifist Tennant-era shit

>what's context
a guy in that day and age knew shit about racism you libtard, they just thought that being like that was normal.
because it was.
stop trying to rewrite or interpret history with 2017's eyes, for fuck's sake.

>person notes that someone is blacker than they expected
>is immediately branded a racist and supposedly punched

A bit of an overreaction don't you think? Is this how fatshaming will go down in another show too?

>Should historical revisionism be allowed?
As a believer in free speech I say of course, the creators of Dr Who are welcome to write what they want, but sooner or later they will turn viewers away.
>Should promoting violence against your political opponents be allowed?
Nope.
Violence should only be used in self-defense, not for silencing our opposition. (And no, cruel words are not violence.) What good is victory achieved through violence? If you don't realise this yet, you are an obedient customer living in an echo chamber creates by your corporate overlords.
However, it's not too late to start walking on the path to objectivist-pacifist self-fulfillment.
Never compromise.

Forced controversy.

>will adding cars also be cool then?

Sure.

It's an adaptation of a damn stage-play, not a history treatise. A black-skinned actor is the least of the changes that's been made to them over the years.

>violence
Doesn't this Doctor use a gun at some point also? I was a bit disappointed he'd pick one up.

>BRITAIN WAS ALWAYS MULTI-CULTURAL YOU RACIST!
>LONDON BEING ALL FOREIGNERS IS TOTALLY NORMAL!

Leftists are fucking animals, they deserve death, seriously.

>will adding cars also be cool then?
If you can make it cool, go for it.