2 hours of them being to retarded to understand that the vital information from Galen is that a direct hit to the...

2 hours of them being to retarded to understand that the vital information from Galen is that a direct hit to the reactor will kill the system and not that there is a little shaft leading to it.

When did they jumo the shark?

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/pablohidalgo/status/817249340062244864
youtube.com/watch?v=rlKoiJu9TsQ
p4.bcbits.com/download/track/1622e30429a51529ab52ff8cc77833fe/mp3-128/97712853?fsig=7993e3d0c7deb8d1d3bf5e54045ee2aa&id=97712853&stream=1&ts=1493683200.0&token=1493683260_82b1ae4da0932b476fe7ffceafbb939babbe9fe5
youtube.com/watch?v=TOgtj00Rp8s
youtu.be/sbTRTga6UKc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>STILL talking about Rogue One

What is their fucking problem?

>talk about the preproduction
>talk about alternate cuts and how some scenes from a completely different version of the script are spliced into the final film, even pointing them out as they happened

They did more research than I was expecting. It was good.

>s-surely if we nitpick everything for 2 hours they'll understand
I could literally nitpick the best movie in the world for 2 hours. Nitpick your dick, loosers.

>if you shoot the battery then it wont have power
>vital information

k

how is that fact that there is a little shaft leading to the reactor not vital information

It is vital, but it is not the information they get from Galen. Galen only talks about the direct hit to the reactor but not how this is possible to manage

>breaking news: an engine needs an exhaust system!

Hey, it worked for the Plinkett Prequel Review. :^)

>the interior shots in the final act were sets built to be onboard the Death Star

>to retarded
>jumo the shark
No.

Rogue One defenders are fucking pathetic

They even say how they dislike the grand space battle because they wanted something "more intimate" on a "smaller scale" because this is what an anthology film should be.

These guys are fucking idiots.

>When did they jumo the shark?
"i loved it. it was everything i wanted it to be"
exposed as frauds by their tfa "review." now that the hype is over, people are admitting that tfa wasn't good, which makes rlm's glowing reaction look stupid. so, instead of admitting they were wrong about tfa, they're doubling down on their positive review and instead shitting on ro. they're embarrassed by their tfa reaction but won't admit it

Except the plinkett review went into a lot of detail on the basic structural, narrative, and thematic problems in the prequels, and why they were bad.
If all you honestly heard were nitpicks then you're so stupid that youtube e-celebs went over your head. I really hope you feel bad.

>research

They simply read the IMDb trivia section moments prior to recording the track. They do this with all commentaries so that they can pretend to be knowledgeable about the things they review.

A direct hit to an energy pod storing the equivalent of 200 million tons of matter converted to energy might be detrimental to the system?

Who the fuck would think this is a shocker?

No, it's the shaft leading directly to it, or close enough a missile could pop it open.

>There are no preventative measures in place to ensure that if something comes straight down the exhaust port, it is stopped before being able to completely blow up the whole system
doesn't seem intuitive to me

>they mention how the second Death Star's solution to the problem was just "make the shaft crooked"

nevertheless, they need the plans to know where exctly the exhaust port is. so, in a sense, Galen's information IS that there's an important little shaft, which can destroy the Death Star.

rogue one is the worst star wars movies

TPM and AotC are worse

but they admitted there were problems with TFA in the Rogue One review

erso didn't design or build the exhaust port. he engineered a weakness in the reactor so that a small explosion properly targeted would trigger a reaction that would destroy the entire system. they needed the plans to find a "chink in the armour" that they could target

yikes that's lame. Why not just have Jar Jar's son there designing the system?

so, in the end, Galen's vital infromation boils down to: find that small exhaust port! then you can destroy the Death Star.

he didn't know there was an exhaust port

and dismissed them under the same breath
>ya TFA has shares a lot of the same problems as rouge one and was just a soft reboot but we liked rey so that justifies everything else.

>people STILL this butthurt that some people on the Internet didn't like their children's movie
And you wonder why RLM keeps making videos about it

lol, then how did he imagine the Rebels to blow up the Death Star? smuggle a huge rocket/bomb to the core without getting noticed?

Prove he didn't

>has characters that they enjoyed so they liked it more
What is so hard to understand about this?

This is easily one of their best commentaries.

I hate Plinkett commentaries. Too much dead air.

If you honestly think someone can't nitpick Episode 5 in exactly the same way, you're retarded.

by their hopefully capturing the plans and hopefully finding a potential point of exploitation, if it had one. there was no guarantee
will have to find one of hidalgo's tweets

The fact that TFA had actual characters does justify why it's better than your favorite piece of shit Rogue One depsite it's other flaws. But hey Rogue One builds on le lore so it's epic XD. Seriously, you and your kind deserves to be lobotomized

they also made it big enough to fly though, completely defeating the purpose of making it bent

tfw no apricot gf

I'd like to see you try

Did you even watch the fucking movie?

I never got the sense that the thing they fly through was an exhaust port, just a product of the construction of the death star

The Reddit Leddit Media are a buncha losers who can't think of shit

Episode 5's flaws aren't anywhere near as bad as any of the prequel movies.

why does nobody in Episode 4 mention this weakness though? it's all about the plans and the exhaust port. did Lucas forgot Galen's role in the story?

found it. here: twitter.com/pablohidalgo/status/817249340062244864

>unironically liking RLM

Wew lad

I agree with them

Nigger even the best training scenes in 5 were nearly ruined by the horrible puppet.

why DIDNT he make the port then? was he retarded?

can somone answer this??
it bothers me.

>you're so stupid that youtube e-celebs went over your head. I really hope you feel bad.
I bet you're a joy and people love to be around you

Rogue one had more developed characters than TFA, though. We know nothing about who Rey is or her motivations, only that she is magically good at everything. Quit parroting whatever inane bullshit RLM says.

>all these butthurt fanboys

SW movies are mediocre bland and boring.

because he didn't design the death star. just the superlaser and its power source

>more developed characters
>muh daddy issues

riveting

Because star wars has become a convoluted mess. It has cultivated such an autistic fan base that it is no longer allowed to be what made it good

>horrible puppet
leave
>muh family whom i don't even remember (apparently)
riveting

Genuinely asking if that's stated in the movie or the prequel book

They don't mention the exhaust port until the meeting before the battle iirc. When they're telling you to shoot there to win they don't need to explain it. To a bunch of non-scinece folk, "shooting the reactor, that makes sense" is good enough.

Nice try. Now kill yourself.

>RLM buttbabies can't comprehend that it's not SW fanboys who dislike the R1 hate, it's the people who hated 7 who dislike the R1 hate

R1 is a shit movie, but so is 7. Where's my 6 billion hours of nitpicking, RLM buttbaby?

I'd say it implied. They already had a basic model at the end of episode 3, and the plans were there back in 2. Then in rogue one Galen talks about himself designing the reactor.

that's not what I'm saying retard
>RO has 10 problems the biggest ones being nostalgia baiting and characters, TFA shares 9 of those problems with RO including nostalgia baiting but not characters. Therefore we should ignore the other 9 problems that TFA had, while harping on those same 9 problems including the 10th with RO.
You like TFA better fine, but I fail to see why one unrelated thing like characters should prevent criticism on other things that TFA shared with RO.

Yep, OT fans are retarded. I always knew that. Here's some supreme sci-fi puppetry for you.
youtube.com/watch?v=rlKoiJu9TsQ

It's almost as good as the cookie monster, but not as realistic.

It's possible to like one and dislike the other

This

>"i need you to come back. the work is stalled"
erso's speciality was kyber crystals. jyn's necklace alludes to that. she tells chirrut that her father told her that the crystals power lightsabers. basically the empire couldn't finish the ds without him and his knowledge of crystals

>unironically liking anything
>not being a nihilist 24/7
I know what you mean bra.

If Luke and them had known about the weakness when they were inside the Death Star the first time they could have just planted a bomb near the reactor. It's obviously not an impenetrable station, Galen didn't need to know about an insta-win exhaust port. As long as the reactor weakness was there it could be destroyed.

This makes more sense because of the plans that the geonosians gave to count dooku

go away millennial

I don't mind the prequels. I don't deny all their flaws either. But the OT is way better crafter and with great practical effects. The puppet in empire strikes back looks way better than the disaster they used in phantom menace.

>Implying it has to go straight down the exhaust port.

You collapse the exhaust port and all of the heat/energy is going to vent into the Death Star itself, destroying it.

Furthermore, no one was actually able to target it using computers because it's too small. Red Leader hits the surface near it. When Luke and Wedge make their approach, Wedge mentions all he's able to pick up is a tower near it.

Which is why it took the Force to actually do it successfully. Without it, the Death Star would have never been destroyed.

>TFA
>Actual characters

Like who?

Mike was relieved that TFA didn't make the mistakes the prequels made, when he analyzed it more closely he pointed out the mistakes it did make but made it clear that those mistakes were smaller and more excusable for the kind of movie it was.

That said I think the TFA review was pretty sub-par, there was too much filler and the jokes were half-assed.

p4.bcbits.com/download/track/1622e30429a51529ab52ff8cc77833fe/mp3-128/97712853?fsig=7993e3d0c7deb8d1d3bf5e54045ee2aa&id=97712853&stream=1&ts=1493683200.0&token=1493683260_82b1ae4da0932b476fe7ffceafbb939babbe9fe5

download link
fuck giving these hacks money

yeah he was so relieved that he overlooked all the mistakes it did make. now he just pretends there aren't any and the movie is totally excellent

>200 milion $ wasted to explain meme plotholes from a movie made in the 70s
Did Disney go too far?

>not just listening to it in browser

Paying to download is literally just a form of tip jar. Why do people always sperg out over it and act like they're being rebellious by pirating something that's free?

>hehe, im such an expert hacker xdd
>anybody with the VideoDownload Helper addon could've downloaded their episodes since day one

Yeah, you're so brave consuming their entertainment.

youtube.com/watch?v=TOgtj00Rp8s

>A precise hit will start a chain reaction, which should destroy the station. Only a precise hit will set off a chain reaction

No one in that room cares where it came from. They just need to know where to shoot the torpedo

>TFA had actual characters
where did this meme come from? TFA characters were legit worse. We know nothing about rey besides the fact that she wants to stay on Jakku for her parents but then all of a sudden is eager to join the resistance's cause because??? Finn who was a stormtrooper since childhood and gets sad when a fellow comrade dies in his arms all of a suddenly starts killing other troopers with absolute glee and then tells rey I don't want to kill anymore in the span of a day. Poe was suppose to die in the tie fighter crash but disney forget they needed a le hot shot not han solo pilot so they shoved him in the third act, and it shows. Kylo is the only good character since the OT I can give you that much.

>Paying to download is literally just a form of tip jar

Nothing has changed shill. The tip jar is still there but now it's an option.

>thinks whatever program he's shilling is installed on every browser

k bro

>We know nothing about rey besides the fact that she wants to stay on Jakku for her parents but then all of a sudden is eager to join the resistance's cause because

She's clearly got a huge Rebel boner even back on Jakku. She wants to run off and do adventurous shit but is conflicted because she also feels tied down.

Like Luke.

the only true answer in this thread.

Backstory isn't characterization, for that you need characters that react and interact with other elements in the movie, TFA was better for this than RO.

>Backstory isn't characterization
?????

Collider is so butthurt they decided to parody Plinkett youtu.be/sbTRTga6UKc

No he didn't, he points them out in the Plinkett review. He just thought they weren't as bad as the ones the prequels made, or for that matter the ones that R1 made.

Is this bait?

They're all free and they've always been free. I've ever paid a cent to listen to any of them. Learn how Bandcamp works.

>It's almost as good as the cookie monster, but not as realistic.
I like the OT but I keked

>They're all free

not free to download, shill.

like when the characters 'react' to the republic's capitol system being vaporised? or when chewie 'reacts' to leia by walking past her? or when finn reacts to his friend's being killed by rebels, by joining the rebels and becoming friends with the actual rebel who killed his friend?

what was the matter with the "mind wipe monster"? it had no consequences, just like the "bond torture scene" in SPECTRE. who writes those movies?

Okay it was bait. You got me.

>you need characters that react and interact with other elements in the movie

Characterization is what's done in the actual movie with the actual character, backstory is just plot. Maybe I have the jargon wrong but the point is that saying Jyn has all these issues and motivation because of what happened in her backstory isn't a replacement for seeing her do things onscreen that communicate that information to you viscerally.

This is bait.

>they dislike the grand space battle because they wanted something "more intimate" on a "smaller scale"
The impression I've gotten from all of their criticism of Rogue One is that they're disappointed it wasn't the movie they wanted. It's all based on personal issues, which is why they're so defensive about it. That's why their reviews about the movie are pretty much meaningless; they're saying they didn't like the movie because it doesn't compare to their headcannon.

>being upset that they made fun of Rogue One
Maybe kill yourself

She did yes just like Luke, but Luke had clear motivation to join the cause and leave when his aunt and uncle died realizing he has nothing left. Rey just happens to run into finn and bb8 and goes from "I have to go back to jakku!" to being detected to complete the resistance's mission.