I just finished binge watching Scrubs and My Finale still puts me in the same nostalgic but happy mood

I just finished binge watching Scrubs and My Finale still puts me in the same nostalgic but happy mood

Will anything as good as Scrubs ever happen again, lads?

Try Cougar Town

If you mean comedies with them feels, probably not.

Friendly reminder Season 9 doesn't actually exist. It was just a figment of a conglomerate of our imagiti imaginationsons

Comedies with them feels which also can make you laugh without having to use laugh tracks every 10 seconds

I hate to be that guy, but I thought Scrubs was pretty bad and awkward. I know a lot of people love it, though. Flipped between comedy/drama so regularly it made it impossible to take either angle seriously, didn't like many of the characters, premises were usually boring. I dunno. Just not my thing I guess.

Ok

I'm glad you understand.

>taking sitcoms seriously
uhhh wtf?

I guess my wording was off. I just mean it was hard to take seriously as a show, even as the comedy that it supposedly is/was? I enjoy some sitcoms but IMO scrubs was not a very good one. I dunno. Not claiming it's a universal opinion, I just didn't like it much (what I saw of it anyway, maybe 6 or 7 eps).

>judging an 8 season show by a few episodes
I think I like you even less now

nice blog post faggot

>I saw 6 episodes
Do you review movies after watching only the first 4 minutes?

I'm not claiming to be an expert on the show or anything, I just didn't like it. I get that not having seen the entirety of the series I'm not really qualified to judge it, but why continue watching 8 seasons of something I'm not enjoying?

Anyway, it's fine if you don't like me and discard my opinion, I'm not much of a critic.

No, if I were blog posting I'd tell you about how my girlfriend won't fuck me because she's mormon and I'm a manwhore who's cheated in nearly every relationship I've had but I'm trying to make it meaningful to me because she means a lot and we've been friends for almost two decades before starting to date just recently but it's hard and I've got a lot of conflicting feelings about it and there are 3 girls at work who want to fuck me and I'm having issues not letting them get up in my business because I have low self-esteem and that's how I raise my bar is by having sex with women who don't care that I'm dating someone for some reason and I'm confronting a lot of demons right now and trying not to lose control and just fuck every random bitch on the horizon until I die embittered and alone, plus my substance abuse problems.

That's a blog post. Thanks for reading, means a lot.

Am I expected to watch 8 seasons of a show I don't like before giving an opinion on it? If so I guess that's fine. Anyway, it just didn't match my taste for comedy very well. Don't know if the writing changes or gets better, if it does then maybe it's good later on, I wouldn't know.

I get that you don't like it (sorry to hear that, I would recommend it to pretty much anyone) and you are welcome to your opinions and criticisms but I just don't know why you would think you would get the feels if you haven't really invested in the show.

For example another show I really like is HOUSE. I am a sucker for mystery diagnostic and masochistic characters. But at the end of the show I really didn't have any feels because there are literally no consequences for the characters. It's weird but I still enjoy the meat and potatoes of the show. But the finale was sort of weird

Guy you responded to here, I also really enjoy House. Very entertaining, like the character dynamics and the way the comedy is kind of interwoven with tragedy and the other dynamics they've got going on. Finale was a little strange, but I thought it was kind of perfect in a way. The way the "enjoy yourself" song had been woven through the series to that point, the journeys the characters had been through, the luck of the draw and each person kind of damning themselves to the end you'd exactly expect for them. I know what you mean about no consequences though, wasn't perfect by any means and could have been done better/differently.

So yeah, I can't claim to understand Scrubs' "feels" as a show since I haven't really seen much of it, maybe I'll give it another try and see how far I get. It didn't catch me the first try, but who knows. Some of the character actors are really good in the show and make the screen come alive when they've got a scene, so at least that could probably get me through even if I didn't end up liking it very much.

did you see Pilot scrubs way back when? Or did you catch some random episodes here and there and it never really caught on? what do you remember the most from it?

Try Doc Martin. It's British and much less slapstick though.

>Watched Scrubs 10 years ago as a teen
>now in med school
>mfw the stereotypes are actually accurate

I watched five episodes of Its Always Sunny and hated it. Then I powered through the first season and now it's one of my favorites. Give Scrubs a chance

I've seen the pilot and maybe two sequential episodes after that, then a handful of random episodes throughout the series. It clearly had some kind of an overarching story + relationships between the characters but I didn't see enough of it to really get a feel for how it was developing or supposed to make you feel as a complete "experience". The silly gags were fairly humorous but that's the most I got out of what little I saw, the rest kind of bored me.

Fair enough. I'll go back and give it another try. Sometimes shows take me a couple viewings to get into and appreciate.

Also DESU DESU desu T B H one of the reasons I don't like Scrubs is my ex was really into it, and that gave me a really negative gut opinion of the show just by residual osmosis. So I fully admit to being biased here.

>Will anything as good as Scrubs ever happen again, lads?

Already happened with Psych.

Its better than scrubs in every aspect.

>TFW you loved scrubs as a kid and went pre-med in college.
>TFW you went to pharmacy school instead of med school because of your parents.
>TFW could have gotten in easy if I decided to get my bachelors instead of doing 2 years of prereqs for pharmacy.
I've destroyed my life.

Haha dude that's so fucking wrong, you can stop

Guy bitching about Scrubs for no reason here, I love Doc Martin.

You can't even comprehend what it's like to destroy a life. Be grateful for what you have, many of us envy you for your accomplishments.

ahh I see, yeah I can agree that it is a slow beginning and it really picks up mid-way through the 1st season and s2 and s3 are where the relationships develop a little better. I didn't really get into it until s4 or so had already aired I just had an older brother who loved the hell out of it and used to joke around with his buddy about it.
I just imagine when it came out it was considered fresh and "fun" compared to say ER

>Haha dude that's so fucking wrong, you can stop
No its not you fucking scrub.

Psych is WAY BETTER than Scrubs.

Okay cool, thanks for the info. I'll give it a concerted effort my next viewing.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel

>the stereotypes are actually accurate
Well didn't they work with actual hospital staff in order to get hospital life right?

I can understand you not liking it for a number of reasons, but the regular flip between comedy and drama I cannot. In the end, they're the same thing. It happens in hospitals very regularly because tragedy is another form of comedy. When you're constantly near the sick, dying, dead, handicapped, drug-addicted and cancerous, every time you get to be in the hallway or break room you're going to try to relieve that stress with the easiest method, which is comedy. It's odd that you as a human don't understand this.

There are a lot of replacement comedies with feels in them. Psych, Community, Bojack Horseman. Futurama, Rick and Morty.

people are going to shit on me for this list, but fuck them.

>Flipped between comedy/drama so regularly
It's what makes it feel so real and human.

Anybody remember the Zach Braff DEEP meme from this board last decade?

No, I was on Sup Forums looking at it a decade ago.

Okay, sure, it's just the fact that it's so slapstick and entirely ridiculous and then in the span of 30 seconds they go from laughing about inane gag bullshit to being sad that someone's dying or whatever.

I'm not claiming I have a superior comedic intellect or anything, I'm just saying it's an awkward transition that's repeated constantly in the episodes I've seen and it just keeps going like that.

P.S. I am someone who works in hospitals and does technician work with defibrillators, so I'm familiar with real-life hospital conditions and personalities. Scrubs isn't "real" by any strech, it's about as "human" as House. Which is to say completely television reality in terms of human relationships and not actually very true at all, even if entertaining.

Scrubs was regularly called the most accurate medical TV show that's been aired. I'm not surprised.

I'll give you Bojack Horseman and Futurama. People call Bojack reddit all the time on here, but I think it has more to it than they give it credit for.

That's probably because it's much more focused on the people rather than on the medical stuff, so they didn't have to go full House with obscure diseases and magic detective doctors

House went full retard with that shit. Followed the same fucking formula in every episode I watched.

I watched scrubs as a teen when it was airing, it's my favorite tv show
I was going to watch it again with my gf since she'd never seen it and we're both pre-med, but we broke up
Now I can't even enjoy my favorite show because tfw no gf

Oh thank God I also heard that there was supposed to be a fourth Indiana Jones but Spielberg hated the script and decided not to do it.

>Scrubs isn't "real" by any stretch
Uh duh