Let's take a moment to appreciate Kevin Smith and his nihilistic genius

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ciWR-HCuSP8&t=4334s
youtube.com/watch?v=chav14CScR4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Hack who fucks his daughtet

>nihilistic genius

He is neither of those things.

Who's one of the few directors that I go out of my way to watch in theaters. His shit is always unique and charming. Also the theaters are empty for his movies so I can get comfy taking up 3 seats and smoking.

he's a hack, but you can't say clerks isn't comfy. watching it during the summer somehow makes it better, it's slackerkino.

can't say the same for clerks 2, it's okay, but by then smith was already slowly getting worse and worse quality wise. now he's a hack following DUDE WEED LMAOs advice of smoking weed on set.

Jumped the shark with jay and silent bob strike back and hasnt made anything worth watching since.

>genius
Kevin pls, even you don't really believe that

He actually has a positive message for all his haters, impotently typing away.

youtube.com/watch?v=ciWR-HCuSP8&t=4334s

>1:11:11

how are you posting from the late 1990's?

If you're from NJ and grew up in the 90s you get it. Otherwise I completely understand why people shit on Kevin Smiths movies. It's a niche type of humor and goofiness that you had to live to appreciate.

>Kevin Smith will never bring his big belly left and right on the top of your head while you're blowing his bear dick.

>Kevin Smith won't slam his big belly down onto your head when he cums in your throat

How isn't Red State and Tusk worth watching?

Red State was decent. Tusk had potential to be a fun horror movie, but Johnny Depp's character absolutely ruined it.

Kevin Smith has had the most disappointing arc. Clerks and Mallrats were good, Chasing Amy was great, Dogma was amazing, even Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back was pretty great. Clerks 2 was pretty watchable with some nice parts, but seriously. He's gone on this rampage where he doesn't need to ever deal with anyone who doesn't love him, which extends all the way to distributors and actors. Now he's just a podcaster who makes the occasional big budget home movie with his friends.

Smith, despite his shtick of "I make movies with dick and fart jokes" is a pretentious hack. Example, just before Dogma came out, Smith was worried about the movie not making any money and Harvey Weinstein (who was Executive Producing it and without whom Smith wouldn't have a career) said "If I can get She's All That (the 1999 Rachel Leigh Cook movie) to 67 million, I can do that with this movie.

Well, Smith became indignant and said something to the effect of "Did you just dare to equate my theological masterpiece with a rubber shit monster to She's All That?!?".

That incident said everything I needed to know about Smith. It also explains why he, until COP OUT, refused to Direct any other material other than his own. If he had a fucking brain he should have been making comic book adaptations like Ghost World or American Splendor or something like Bad Santa which is a Kevin Smith movie in everything but name. But no, he wanted to prove to himself that he couldn't be successful studio Director and picked the worst fucking script he could and made a gigantic pile of shit with Cop Out.

That was the official end of Smith. Clerks 2 was a masterpiece and Zack & Miri was a solid and entertaining movie. But Z&M was 9 years ago and he's made nothing but utter fucking trash since then. The final straw was making that wretched piece of fucking shit Yoga Hosers just so that he could give his fat, fugly dumpy daughter a co-starring role while latching onto Johnny Depp's fading stardom by casting his much hotter daughter which makes Harley look like a fucking sow.

It's over for Smith oh and his big eared skank wife only started fucking him because she thought she could get close to Damon and Affleck, which Smith was tight with back in 1998 as a result of helping get Good Will Hunting made, but realized that neither of those two were going to stop dating Winona Ryder or Gwyneth Paltrow to fuck some horse faced reporter....

So she sank her claws into Smith by deliberately getting knocked up and forcing fatass to cast her in his movies. Seriously, she had absolutely NO FUCKING BUSINESS being cast as one of the cat burglars in Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back and ever worse is that shithead allowed her to tie her hair in pig tails which not only made her look older but made those Dumbo sized fucking ears of hers stand out even more!!! Nope, Smith got cucked by that whore and I wouldn't be surprised if Harley wasn't his kid and that Mewes had been fucking his bitch on the side, especially after seeing the way she's practically hanging off him while Smith was doing one of his "An Evening with Kevin Smith" videos!!!FACT!!!

I read a bit in Kevin smith's first biography where he's talking about how fucked up Hollywood is and the film inustry, he said that the rich or good looking actors/directors get so much pussy that they're desensitised to it all, so most of them end up being into really weird shit like scat. if i remember correctly he said something like he heard that one guy (didn't want to reveal name_ would sit under a glass coffee table and jackoff while a woman stood overtop of it and shat on the glass.

who was he talking about?

And that's another thing, he's a thin skinned little fucking bitch. Made a video about how much people on the internet bothered him and then started talking about how he was better than then because of his life. Good for him, never developed as a movie maker and now makes fucking trash while his good buddy Affleck refuses to work with him. Like I said, a pretentious hack who attacks anyone who dares to criticize his shit but is too fucking lazy to improve on his craft while he smokes weed all day which has retarded his brain!!!FACT!!!

>who was he talking about?

Affleck who violently wanks his turkeyneck while the women(?) rubs the shit all over the table just before he engages her in some HIGH IMPACT ANAL SEXUAL VIOLENCE!!!FACT!!!

>Taking up 3 seats

Jesus Kevin Smith fans must be some serious fatasses

OOPS, forgot the pic!!!FACT!!!

>tripfag writes a fucking essay and expects anyone to read it

to;dr

READING IS HARD (UNLIKE YOUR BABY DICK), AIN'T IT, FAGGOT!!!FACT!!!

youtube.com/watch?v=chav14CScR4

that's a namefag newfag

He's got a really beautiful speaking voice after listening to him on Joe Rogan.

Like 2 of his movies are good.

?

That faggot user is a namefag, not a tripfag. There is no tripcode on his name. Lurkmoar

>that face he makes in every single fucking photo
FUCK I hate this fat cunt

Tomato tomato, potato potato

Cancer is cancer

he's a great conversationalist in general. reminds me of patrice o'neal, great in a casual setting but his professional pursuits can't seem to make use of his talent.

i always say in these threads Chasing Amy is seriously one of my favourite movies of all time.

I agree but a namefag is like skin cancer and a tripfag is like stomach cancer.

You're part of the cancer, newfag.

Stop being new.

>Samefagging this hard

You're trying too hard to fit in, Reddit.

>less than a minute apart
You're just digging that whole deeper newfag.

Yeah, because it couldn't possibly be that more than one person could recognise what a newfag you are.

>Sup Forums pass and a bit of Photoshop

You were in diapers when I started posting, kid

Don't worry kid. You'll be a big boy someday.

Come on, you can be more creative than that

All you did was copy my insult

So we all agree he made this movie solely to shove a camera up his daughters ass in the yoga scenes right?

You were called new from the beginning and you copied us. What a sad state the youth of today are in.

I actually really like hearing him tell stories. His movies since chasing amy are trash but I just the like the guy he's cool

This guy gets it.

Yeah, because you were trying too hard to fit in by going after me for using "namefag" and "tripfag" interchangeably, something I've done for years without ever getting tards to rage at me

Wait a second. It's May now, isn't it? Looks like summer is upon us.

May 2nd

No way. Rickman cucked smith on the Dogma set. Look at his and Harleys nose

I don't entirely understand the sheer hatred for this man. I'd consider myself, overall, a fan. But Zack and Miri was the last movie I liked.

I didnt like Red State, but I don't complain about him trying different things to other people on the internet.

Maybe I'm biased because I met the man, and with some other fans through Twitter, watched an NHL game and actually got to chit chat a bit over the course of a few hours. That evening solidified my support for the man, because he was a gracious host who took time to mingle with everybody, signed a buncha shit, posed for pictures. Even though he hasn't made a good movie in 9 years, and I gave up on SModcast somewhere around episode 150 (Its over 310+ish now I think) I still fucking root for him overall, and will at least give all of his forthcoming projects a chance.

When he directed an episode of The Flash, he was amazed and told the crew that moving a camera while a character is running allows for a more dynamic scene. He found this basic directing trick out after over 20 years of being a filmmaker.