Filmmaker Quentin Tarantino, who was also in attendance, said in a 1992 interview...

>Filmmaker Quentin Tarantino, who was also in attendance, said in a 1992 interview, "After I saw Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me at Cannes, David Lynch had disappeared so far up his own ass that I have no desire to see another David Lynch movie until I hear something different. And you know, I loved him. I loved him."[20]

Oh how the mighty have fallen.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fqi9_1TTW8U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I can't imagine a 25 year old quote upsetting Lynch at all

>until I hear something different
What does this mean?
Until someone tells you Lynch came back out of his ass, you're not going to watch his movies?

I don't know why people waited for this quote to decide Tarantino was a hack, he had released plenty of movies by this point already.

Kind of funny considering Tarantula has crawled up his own ass over the past decade

>Quentin flops with hateful 8
>lynch coming out with 18 hours of unadulterated kino
>FWWM is now appreciated, discrediting critics.
David will get the last laugh

He said that the same year he released Reservoir Dogs.

That's the point. Since Kill Bill it's been the same revenge shit plot.

I never understood the FWWM hate

I was mad when I first saw it, mainly because it added nothing to the story.
If you watch it for style it is kino, if you're expecting additional twin peak information you're not going to be pleased.

It was doomed by expectations. Fans of Twin Peaks wanted more Twin Peaks, and what they got was incompetent FBI agents who weren't Cooper and Laura Palmer getting raped and killed by her father.

It was an interesting shift by Lynch, who never wanted to reveal who killed Laura Palmer, to commit to showing her trauma in excruciating detail.

>incompetent FBI agents
do you mean the two ultra cool guys in the first 15 minutes?

It adds background to Laura and her downfall. It provides the context to make her death that much more heartbreaking yet understandable.

It also proves that Lynch is a master of horror. Anytime Bob is on screen, shit gets scary.

I just finished season 2 of twin peaks minutes ago for the first time and wow what a dumpster fire that was

>Laura Palmer getting raped and killed by her father.
this was so horrifying to me that I have never been able to rewatch the movie. but i will before season 3 starts

You know, he's right.

Bitch, any time Leland was on screen it was terrifying. Lynch goes out of his way to not absolve Leland of anything "bob" did.

It's not that bad or graphic, it's just got a lot of strobe light. If it was well lit the whole time it'd just look silly

Good lord, how terrifying! Hopefully your local safe space has a censored copy you can view.

I'm not really talking about the graphicness of it

>It adds background to Laura and her downfall
We already knew all this shit
>It provides the context to make her death that much more heartbreaking
No, it was more heartbreaking in the pilot, when you saw her as an innocent waif. Not some sleazy cunt.
>It also proves that Lynch is a master of horror.
Yes, stylistically it is good.

>He totally did NOT rape his own underage daughter and then write a television series about it. She totally has NOT lived under a DEATH THREAT from her own father, all her life if she ever told. He NEVER had his ‘best friend’ murdered. And he DEFINITELY NEVER suggested to me that I should kill myself! There’s a whole bunch of other stuff he never did either.

It's got it's moments. The reveal, though unnecessary, is still amazing.

But it's stuff like what Ben Horne goes through and the addition of Annie and Billy Zane in which shows the that the show fell off the deep end.
At least Lynch came back and tried to fix it with that cliffhanger ending episode.

Lynch is a faggy vegetarian, fags and vegetarians don't murder.

I was being complimentary regarding how disturbing the movie is.

Laura Palmer is a spooky girl

Which is weird cause his final ep is designed differently.

Personally, I see it as Bob and the red room embody the darkness and terrible secret of certain people.

>implying I'd trust that deformed dwarf fuck over a patrician master like Lynch

>Lynch
>a fag
Isn't he on his fourth wife by now? And he's had a kid with each of them

Strobes+weird make up+lack of music+heighten sound of screams=
K I N O frights

>those bangs
fairly spooky

I thought about watching this series to catch up before the new one started but some asshole on herespoilered that laura palmer dies so I deleted it all off my HDD in rage. That was like 80gb download fuckers.

God damn, that's a lot of rapin'

Why didn't they ever really hang out at the bookhouse?

this has to be bait. You find out Laura's dead within the first few minutes of the show

What about Mark Frost?

QT is adolescence personified. Little cuckold feet/fart enthusiast with a goblin face, shit director to boot. "I get to use Sergio Leone, I'm a big boy director now!" No you're not Quasimodo, you fill your movies to the brim with cool technical effects and "badass" characters but you cannot do progression nor invoke emotion from anything you make. Being the "I went to films" guy doesn't even constitute a chair at the real directors' table, but you suck their dicks under the tablecloth anyway.

>Talentless narcissist with delusions of grandeur thinking his drivel is on par with anyone but Michael Bay
I shit on you Quentin. Little bitch director. I wish I was the one to film you that day, I'd shove that piping hot cappucino so far up your love tunnel you would puke brown. I'll fucking fight you. I'd say Ralph pls go but you look like Ralph's inbred cousin. Beat so hard with an ugly stick it broke. Faggot ass filmmaker.

I thought only girls got jealous.

All in all going into this show blind except knowing it was praised in the past I did end up enjoying it. I can definitely see where it hasn't aged well but I really liked the characters.

It alienated the comfyfags. I hope the new season does the same thing.

It didn't help that it focused on Laura and didn't have most of the side characters.

chill the fuck out lynch, tarantino is more relevant than you could dream to be

What's going on here?

What would a Lynch-Tarantino collaboration be like?

>i don't believe you should tip your waitress, you should kiss her

1. People had had enough Twin Peaks whatever the quality after the massive amount of weak season 2 episodes.
2. Wild at Heart, which is probably one of the two Lynch movies QT liked, seeing as True Romance is plagiarised from it, was so aggressively crass and out-of-character that Lynch both lost his core supporters and needed something equally vulgar to sustain *that* audience. Twin Peaks: FWWM is better than most of the series and is a return to the mystery he'd been progressively diminishing during his feature and TV career. In short, nobody was around or ready for it. Now it fits into the continuity of his work.

Laura Palmer was a plot device. Once she had been suggested as a real victim, he had a film to make about that. A totally different film, which began what he's done in all of his features since - that ethical weight, that feeling of grief for the abused. Even The Straight Story has this whole dark subtext of what a drunk fuckup the guy used to be - that moment when he watches the training exercise of the firefighters and has a flashback without Lynch showing us anything, just be inference.

Lynch is a great filmmaker.

*by inference.

I wonder if his brain as deformed as his skull is.

I can believe him saying maybe he should kill himself, in anger, having had to deal with the mentality of this guy.

Sounds like Quentin got

L Y N C H E D
Y
N
C
H
E
D

>Lynch is a great filmmaker.

This is one of my favorite images on the internet.

I can't wait for all the tumblerina fans to get lynched when season 3 premieres and it is nothing like the pie and coffee loving fluffy world they all want

But that's the good part of twin peaks. Nobody cares about the go-nowhere bob stuff. Oh no how awful, an invincible demon who like, once every 25 years kills someone.

the Pink Room is the GOAT Badalamenti track

David Lynch is a hack fraud.
youtube.com/watch?v=fqi9_1TTW8U

nu-Donna > Original Donna

nice tiddies too

Most of Twin Peaks is actually garbage.

Nu-donna looks like cappadocian gypsy trash

Adolf Hitler and several Osman Sultans

Yeah, I personally love film critiques by clinical psychologists.

mmMM!

What relevance does Quentin Tarantino have? None. That's right. That hack has no relevance.

FWWM is probably my favourite Lynch work desu, followed by Blue Velvet and Eraserhead or Mullholand Drive (though its almost the same film as Lost Highway).

He's more relevant than Lynch, dipshit.

You can probably choke on my dick-- which is better than the overrated garbage he produces.

>54 million budget
>150 million box office
>flop
What?

>probably
Lol fucking dicklet.

So is JK Rowlings

It's just that it may not fit in your jaw at all so you will have to skip on it.

Did anybody not enjoy Eraserhead at all when they say it but then realized with time how memorable it was? Sort of like a dream you can't quite place but you remember the parts of it and feeling associated with the imagery and sound?

More so than any other Lynch film, it feels like a dream. I've yet to rewatch it, but ever since I saw it it has stuck in my mind and when I think of it now I feel mostly positive feelings towards it.

>his favorite part of twin peaks was the teen romance
Neck yourself

>trying this hard
lel, stop over compensating, Tiny.

And the adult romance. That feeling when you don't know if Leo is absorbing what he sees, Nadine being cute and strong and fucking Mike

Are you talking to Tarantino?

>I didn't like that lynch film until David Lynch became a meme again, so now i love it!

I don't think you get what the show was doing. It's about that duality of small town life. On one hand you have quaint little people living their quaint little lives but at some point sokething terrie happens and it becomes clear that that quaintness isn't quite all that there is to it. That these people have secrets, some of them very dark.

So you need both the comfy idyllic stuff and the crime, violence and supernatural inference. You sacrifice one and you end up with something much more shallow.

>still replying to me
Shiggy diggy doo

It's a sad time when steam discussion boards start to look more intelligent and less meme infused than Sup Forums. Not by much, but still

>dumpster fire

The last episode is the best of the entire series you shit gobbler

>STOP DISAGREEING WITH ME!

i chuckled

>STOP ATTACKING MY SHIT TASTE!

Yeah me too, they know their shit.

Not everything is opinions, underage boy.

Not the most constructive reply, but I'll take it seriously either way. I was already a fan of Lynch when I saw that movie, I had seen most of his movies before I got to that one.

Also I don't "love it" I just said my feelings went from not enjoying watching it, to finding out it was more memorable than I thought and with time that grew into an appreciation. It still appreciation grown out of the memory of the film and the events of it, I have no idea if I'd enjoy watching it if I were to rewatch it anytime soon.

I'mplying Lynch hasn't been a HUMAN CENTIPEDE style ass-to-mouth creature since his beginnings. He's been up his ass since his early short films. That's why cushion-farting critics worship him.

>not enjoying watching it
but that's the first and most important sign of having encountered art. if you enjoy something it is automatically shit. art is supposed to be transgressive and challenging.

I understood what the show WAS doing. It isn't something it is going to do again, though. Lynch already proved that with Fire Walk With Me, albeit that was a film where the subject matter demanded it. I'm sure it is going to juggle many different themes and moods but it won't be emulating the old show, and that is what a lot of people are expecting.

It's okay to not understand things. Not every movie is going to be for IQlets

Wild at Heart is absolutely great though and probably the one Lynch movie most comparable to FWWM

she was already fucking sleazy in the series

>Wild at Heart is absolutely great
haha

His two worst films, besides Dune, are the most comparable.
Really makes me think.

What's so great about Wild at Heart? I've watched it 3 times now and I still don't get the greatness.

Nothing

So you never rewatched it? What the fuck!

tbf its my least favorite lynch film by far.

Everything

I was obviously asking the dude who thought it was great, I already saw both of your opinions right above my post.

Calm down faggot

I am calm, though?

How bout some elaboration