There was no deal, the strikes start tomorrow

There was no deal, the strikes start tomorrow.

It's ogre Hollywood is finished.

Other urls found in this thread:

money.cnn.com/2017/03/29/media/writers-strike-wga-2017/
twitter.com/AshAgony/status/859268883605225473
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>nothing but capeshit scheduled for the next decade
And absolutely NOTHING of value was lost.

>It's ogre Hollywood is finished.
Finally

What will we do without gems such as BLORF and VRUMP?

Hollywood doesn't exist anymore anyway

The intertalkshow circlejerk this time around is gonna be great!

I'm curious, why is it so hard for these unions and entertainment companies to come to an agreement over this shit for so long to the point of letting all these shows and movies get fucked in the process?
It just seems like a huge waste of time and money for the companies to not give in a little so they can keep producing shit.

will Twin Peaks be affected?

Yeah they haven't been doing the best job in what? At least this decade.

Its just remakes and capeshit.

And remakes of capeshit.

They make insane demands, companies say chill out, they chimp out instead

FUCKING TRUMP'S FAULT

Literally Atlas Shrugged irl
The minds go on strike instead of the dumb laborers
This is libertarianism in action

remember Iron Man? the movie that kick starded the biggest franchise ever? it turned out alright despite the strike

Good?

HA-HA TIME TO GO TO HOLLYWOOD FOR THE SUMMER AND STEAL THEIR JOBS!

It actually is though he's the one who raised healthcare premiums that they're all bitching about

Twin Peaks has been filmed already, so no.

What kind of demands do they put out?
I'm trying to learn more about how unions operate.

>standing around "striking" while drinking expensive lattes

mind your own business you fucking alt-right piece of shit

That was an outllier. Same as Breaking Bad. Look at how many shows were outright cancelled because the strike went on so long. Look at movies like Quantum of Solace, Transformers 2, X-men Origins, etc. Similar to the last strike, smart producers have already finished filming or won't start until later. Things that are filming right now (like Avengers 3/4 and Aquaman next week) will be interesting to see the final product.

The WGA specifically want better royalties for streaming services (since syndication doesn't happen now), retaining their current pension level, an improved payment scale for shorter TV seasons, and the ability to work on multiple shows at the same time.

>TV writers earned an average of $194,478 in 2015 and film writers earned an average of $181,267 that same year, according to an earnings report released by WGA last summer.

>The main impediment facing writers in their quest to gain a higher percentage of revenues is that studios insist they're suffering in this era of Peak TV as well.
money.cnn.com/2017/03/29/media/writers-strike-wga-2017/

They want more than a 6 figure salary

Can't you they just sit at home instead of standing around with signs?

what the fuck should they drink? Grog?
they're writers, not miners

Holy fuck what entitled faggots

>>he's such a young kuk this is his first writers strike

kys
& underage &b

I don't see the issue. Just because someone is earning 6 figures doesn't automatically mean they are being compensated fairly. TV shows and movies are making a lot of money right now, writers just want their fair share of the pie. Especially considering how popular tv has become these days, with streaming factored into the equation.

that's peanuts compared to what actors and other people earn

how so? If someone writes for a show that generates a million a month, should they be content with getting $200k a year?

You think they are entitled because you're earning $10 stacking shelves at Walmart, but guess what? That's what you are worth. They are worth more than that.

This, RDJ is making 200 million for an Avengers movie yet the writer only makes six figures. It's doesn't add up, anyone would ask for a little more.

>If I wrote code for Apple, I should get billions of dollars too

arent you supposed to stand by the job entrance and intimidate/blacklist anyone walking in?

You are now aware the last strike killed Leno's career.

Colbert is next

careful, AI is about to take your job literary cucks

If the coding was fundamental to the running of Apple, then yeah, I'd say I deserve a little more than the average schmuck.

Out of all the things AI is capable of, you really think they're going to take creative writing? There's no appeal to reading something written by a machine. Maybe comedy, because when laughing at a joke it doesn't matter who wrote it. Or some type of autistic fantasy world building that no one with an IQ of over 100 gives a damn about.

Colbert gets all of his talking points from the DNC so he won't be affected

This deal keeps getting worse all the time!

>Maybe comedy, because when laughing at a joke it doesn't matter who wrote it.

If I had to guess, I would imagine that humor would be the toughest thing for an AI to imitate, unless it's BANE shitposting - but that's only funny to autists

This. These hacks were writing nothing but capeshit, fuck them and fuck the producers.

If the project already has writers, they continue to work until their contract is up. It's new things and people that currently aren't working that are hit by this. Marvel already had writers contracted like 3 years out because of what happened during iron man

>writers striking
Oh no the horror... However will producers rehash shit over and over again without them.

The difference between now and 2008 is that the average American doesn't watch scripted shows anymore, and chinks don't give a single fuck about acting or writing - and the chinks bring in more money than American audiences do

Chinks only watch capeshit and carshit. All TV series and non-meme movies are fucked

Given the state of modern tv I'd honestly be surprised if the producers couldn't just rehash old episodes and their audiences would still eat it up

What new reality show are we getting now? Even more Kardashians? Obama mini-series? At least we get improv Conan.

Kek, this.

Nah. Just get Lucas to write for you. Yippeee!

don't you know how hard it is to take an existing idea and put it on the big screen? You've got to read comic books. Ever read a comic book? They're drivel, written for kids, you deserve money for making your way through them.

I'm wondering if they'll try to lift shit from youtube to do as shows. They wouldn't be under the WGA

Can a robot write a symphony? Can a robot turn a... canvas into a beautiful masterpiece?

>The minds

Yeah what will the world do without Max Landis and the fucking Nolans to save us.

The only loss that would matter would be the Coens and they make movies so infrequently that their next one will be after this strike is already settled.

I was kind of looking forward to the Wheel of Time TV series which never would have happened even if the writers didn't go on strike and also even if it did would have been terrible anyway, so this news is a little disappointing.

this, and remakes. Hollywood is already dead.

Nobody went to watch Iron Man for the writing. They went to see RDJ be a rich, snarky alcoholic. Writers for Marvel movies are totally fucking replaceable by anybody. Why should someone worth less to the production be paid equivalent amounts?

Writers are just mad nobody gives a shit about them compared to directors.

I love remakes, they're comfortable because you know what it's going to be. It sucks that they're always worse 100% of the time though.

>Ben Affleck got paid $12.5 Million for less than 5 minutes as Batman
>The writer who wrote the script he read off didn't even make 10% of that

See the problem ?

...Why not just fire these people and hire a bunch of new and upcoming writers instead? That or give an ultimatum; come back or never work in Hollywood again.

They were lucky to be paid even that for that piece of shit script.

>Purge of television and Hollywood writers and introduction of fresh blood

Mite b cool. Too bad I'm pretty sure the entire point of the union is to prevent that practice.

Last time it ended when the late shows went back on because they said the other workers needed it and the writers saw they could do it without them.

>It's ogre Hollywood is finished.
Anyone kinda happy that there's less stuff coming?
Gives me time to work on my backlog and maybe some planned remakes will die off, this is a plus if anything.

"MARTHA"

No, no I really don't see the problem. Do you?

yes. they need to stop overpaying shite actors.

What movie? Batman got more screen time in the lego movie and it wasn't even a batman movie

i just hate them because i know it's Hollywood just cashing in on something as easy as nostalgia, it's a fail safe investment for them. Hollywood doesn't take risks anymore, creativity is dead.

I wish comic books were still drivel written for kids. They were at least fun in that form.

Now they're written by adult leftists who think they're being clever having superheroes bitch about safe spaces.

bazoomba!

Ask a random bum on the street if he knows who Ben Affleck is. Then ask if he knows the name of whoever wrote that capeshit.

See why there is no problem?

>>The writer who wrote the script he read off didn't even make 10% of that
Thank god.

>he's never actually interacted with random bums on the street
Protip: dual diagnosis 100% of the time

>thanking something that doesn't exist

Just in time for Mayday! YAAAAAAY!

>webm related
>I wish they did this to Mayday protesters

Writers traditionally made most of their money through royalties via syndication. These days, with the advent of streaming, syndication is all but dead. This is just one of many issue that writers face due to streaming. Also, more and more studios are producing shorter seasons these days.

I know you aut-rightists hate any sort of populism with a left wing bent (you only pretend to care about workers) but renegotiation is necessary.

I'm Gay Johnny Knoxville
WELCOME TO JACKA-

You aut-right shitheads are so disconnected from the working class history of this country that you don't realize that May Day is a day to celebrate the gains through struggle that the working class has made for fellow workers in this country. It's not a day of protest. It only turned violent in cities where Trumpcucks showed up to start shit. Case in point:

twitter.com/AshAgony/status/859268883605225473

>unironically shouting kekistan

Imagine actually being this fucking pathetic.

I agree with this totally. I just don't agree with the people in the thread saying they should be paid equivalent to actors. They're not as important. They SHOULD be as important but the American public doesn't really appreciate good writing like they do charismatic acting, so amazing writers aren't that in demand except by the niche crowd.

>you only pretend to care about workers

Implying writers work

Last writer's strike reminded studio heads they don't have to listen to writers' pitches to make money. Writer's are pretty far down the totem pole.

>creative writing
>hollywood

Because all screen writers are in a guild or union. Even if your guild or union is not striking you don't cross the picket line because their guild or union could do the same to you if that happens. Nobody strikes for fun or just to be bloody minded, if you strike you are not in work but you loose your pay, there is no compensation, holiday or sick pay, it is the last resort after all other attempts to get the employers to listen to reasonable demands have failed.

Put in context of the actual film the person who writes the screenplay, especially the initial writer not the guys that do the tinkering with it but are still given equal billing in the credits, is the most important person on the film's creative side. They're more important than the director, who always gets top billing and oodles of cash when usually they are just putting together the work of a good writer and storyboarder and more important than the actors who are just voicing the writer's work.

Writers should get more money dependant on how much their work impacts the film and should get higher profile billing. I am more likely to put my money down to see a film if it is billed as "from the writer of {insert name of film I liked}" than "from the director of {insert name of film I liked}", so why shouldn't Hollywood trade on a writer's name more and give them more money.

Ah, yes, a basement dwelling MAGA NEET is going to decide what is and isn't labor...

You know what really isn't work/labor? Borrowing a million dollars from your daddy to start a real estate venture.

Producers smartened after realizing the writing never got any better after the first time they pulled this shit.

Is that Ted Danson in the front, on the left of the woman wearing a black vest?

Writers traditionally had patrons

I'd argue that you need to lift some weights if holding a pencil is that hard of work for you, but I remembered nobody writes on paper anymore. You have no excuse to call typing "work".

GOOD

Maybe they'll get some fresh blood to write something new instead of them having to wait 5-6 years down their career for a maybe.

We did it Sup Forums!

Who else is hoping they strike?

Hollywood's been dead for a while now. Good riddance.

> We promise guys this season only sucks because the writer's strike.

Fool me once.

I mainly watch anime, older TV shows/movies and play video games other watching new TV shows/movies.

I'm good.

>I mainly watch anime
Did you not hear the news? Anime is kill

This season is a lot better than the last at least.

>it's another talk show hosts are going to cross the picket line but grow beards to show that they stand with the writers but don't actually want to stop working so those writers can get fucked episode

No user, nyaa is kill.

Yes, the fact that someone said that "script" was okay

>yeah, poor companies dealing with demanding writers

Moron

this Hollywood could guarantee this would never happen again by just telling the union to go fuck themselves and hire scabs not like there's a shortage of people with writing degrees or anything

I use 9anime.

>streaming