Damon Lindelof will save us all

>the day after episode
>no thread
has Sup Forums given up on the leftovers? it's definitely taking it's time, we're almost halfway through and shit feels like it's just getting started.

can't get fooled again

is this show as good as lost/prometheus/tomorrowland - the based lindelof kino?

It'll be Lindelof's magnum opus if season 3 keeps the quality of seasons 1 and 2 desu, and it's been good so far

DAILY REMINDER TO BRING JILL BACK

lost was a clusterfuck that had no idea where it was going. ditto prometheus.

but yeah, it's easily the best thing lindelof has his hands in.

I liked the show better when it focused on a regular small town cop. Down to earth people dealing with the unexplainable, not this chosen one nu-jesus crap.

epic aryan films don't need to go somewhere, they just need to present a vision

>lost
>michael shoots two people
>leaves the island alive

so "aryan"

not so pleased with the latest episode

it was basically half random subversion of expectations and half emotional monologues accompanied by emotional music.

It's also following the LOST template of characters dramatically appearing with the expectation of leaps in plot progress only to have them be as clueless as everyone else with some tearjerker story to boot.

>gets arrested for cultural appropriation

fucking this. I don't want to watch the awful Death Note movie for my Margaret Qualley fix.

It looks like Evie is going to be the girl that Kevin chases in the promo for the next episode apparently

I KNEW SHE'D BE BACK AS A GHOST

One of the pleasures of this show that I'll miss when it ends is that it actually tells episodic stories. In the binge watching age heaps of shows are just one long story told in 8 or 10 or 13 chunks, but The Leftovers remembers to give us a complete story each episode.

Their primary emotional music track is really starting to get overdone. Completely takes me out of the scenes at this point.

Is it true the reason why they didn't have a new opening sequence for season 3 was because they didn't have enough money for it?

that's just a theory. either way it sucks because 'let the mystery be' goes perfectly with those visuals.

Aimee best girl

BEST GIRL

they have two tracks now

one is the "character is having an emotional moment" track and the other is "sacred things are happening church music" track

Never thought that Kevin Sr considered himself the Jesus type this whole time. One of my favourite episodes in the entire show. Also I want to be that swole when I'm that old.

if this was lost there would have been no explanation for Grace Playford quoting the book of kevin until next season, if ever.

the only thing that reminds me of lost this season is the episodic nature of the character arcs. first episode was basically kevin's side of story, second was nora's, now kevin sr. looking forward to the matt-centric episode (there better be one)

exactly

indeed, it is getting a bit overplayed. almost jokingly now. perhaps it's meta.

fuck you, that track is awesome

Matt episode in two weeks. It's a Matt Matt Matt World

i just started watching it, last nights staya episode has me intrigued.

what am i in for?

i really doubt it's a budget issue. how much can an intro cost? if anything, the licensing of all these different pieces alone must cost more than one bluegrass song.

i think they're just having fun with it honestly. tailor it to fit the episode.

I fucking love how insecure you faggots get over your R-rated Lost.

>mfw Damon will sneak someone from Lost into in the final episode like the true madman he is.

better be Desmond

TWD general is that way, bub

this show is so goddamn kino it hurts

I'm pretty sure they inserted some new images into the intro. I think it's nice to hear a new song each time.

My guess is they'll play that song for the finale, it'll be a great way to prepare us for whatever the last episode has in store.

if you're just now watching it you're doing yourself a huge disservice starting at season 3. go back to the beginning.

YOU HAVE TO GO BACK!!!!

>the leftovers
>not a cooking show

no thanks

THIS

Honestly I saw the title in the television guide and expected a cooking show where they took leftovers and made a great meal out of it. This would have been extremely helpful because I tend to be left with a lot of leftovers when I cook.

Only 5 more episodes left, dear God.

thanks sorry i am, i am about halfway through the first episode **

Honestly, since this got so much critical praise expect Lindelof to make another similar high production values show in the future.

is this show scifi-esque or something along the lines of-

>weird shit happens
>they try and cope

im not into that shit

Whatiftoldyou.jpg that the Leftovers is just as shitty as TWD in a completely different way?

Yeah, it sucks because I don't really know any shows similar to this one either, all I can do is hope the writers involved do more stuff desu

I don't know about that. It doesn't matter if people don't watch it. HBO have been itching to be done with it. They barely funded the current season. They couldn't even afford coffee during filming. Part of the reason it takes place in Australia is because it's cheaper to film halfway across the world.

The show isn't about solving mysteries and never claims to be. In fact the whole point about the show is coping with something that can't really be explained.

>Part of the reason it takes place in Australia is because it's cheaper to film halfway across the world.

Really? I thought it was because Lindelof was heavily inspired by Peter Weir films like Picnic at Hanging Rock and The Last Wave.

The first season was just a drama about people left behind after a Rapture event.

Then second season Lindelof went full retard and pulled the same shit he did with Lost and inserted a bunch of spooky mysteries that will never get tied up adequately.

It's just Lost now. You're missing nothing.

it's got elements of sci-fi

it's hard to categorize, i'd say watch it.

i'd say you're a huge pleb

Nobody said it has to be an HBO production.

Amazon and Netflix would be more than happy to do a production of their own and they have near infinite resources to throw at him.

HBO works in mysterious ways sometimes. I thought this was making them money

All of the relevant mysteries did get answered though, are we watching the same show? What's a mystery that didn't get answered dude?

>Really? I thought it was because Lindelof was heavily inspired by Peter Weir films like Picnic at Hanging Rock and The Last Wave.

Yeah, that's completely true too. It just worked out in his favour.

>spooky mysteries
Like?
Most of the time it's just coincidences and people acting strange, and anything actually mysterious is tied to Kevin Jr. and probably will be explained somehow by the end.

>kevin has died and returned to life 3 times now
?

The way HBO operates is to assemble a great library of diverse shows with high production values.

Sure, they got a few runaway hits like GoT or Sopranos but essentially they throw some money at a good pitch then give it a couple of seasons and then axe it.

It pays off more for them to have more various options for their subscribers rather than pool everything into a couple of projects.

That's why shows like Carnivale, Rome and Deadwood got a "limited run". They just call it a day after getting enough episodes from a particular subject.

Lost got a lot of critical praise too.

Then the last episode dropped and all that could be heard was a faint mewling that sounded vaguely like "b-but, muh characters!"

and if you want to see what HBO and jjabrams thinks of lindelof, watch westworld. You should be able to pick out who the Amon Indelof character is.

Yesterday's episode was possibly the bottom-ranking of the series so far. Not quite filler, it does us good to know what Kevin Sr's been up to down there, but it was a long wait just to get us from "What are you ladies doing" to the morning after.

There's Purgatory, people coming back from the dead, mystery earthquakes, etc.

It's literally just Lost. It's R-rated Lost.

Let go of your denial, faggots. It's okay. Lindelof got you again. It happens.

rome got canned because it's viewership was flagging and it was incredibly expensive

idk about carnivale or deadwood but i would guess it's the same story

To be fair, no one lindelof got even gave leftovers a chance. The targeted demographic was specifically anyone left over, post-lost, that didn't think lindelof was the biggest hack in the universe.

>It's okay. Lindelof got you again. It happens.
That's fine, he's done better this time.

Whoa, what the fuck? Thanks for letting me know this man. I hate The Leftovers now!

It was to show Kevin Sr has a messiah complex. He is pretty much the male version of the Australian woman. Instead of actually performing miracles all he did was bumble around uselessly.

I dunno I thought it was interesting.

i still think it's retarded to lay all the blame on lindelof when JJ was showrunner and has a storied history of being a fucking hack

>believing the purgatory scenes were actually purgatory and not just near death experiences
>believing that the main character having near death experiences and barely surviving fatal situation means he's actually coming back from the dead and not dead
>believing that the earthquakes are supernatural and not just coincidental
Matt, stop posting

rome got canned because half the funding was coming from BBC and BBC bailed.

and BBC bailed because it looked like they were going to do "jesus" and have him as an asshole taking credit for a load of shit he didn't do. Like tyman trashing the money changers in the jewish temple and the feast of the Aventine (read: giving everyone bread and fish during a small famine).

>westworld

overrated shit

Probably because lindelof had the head writer credit and spent six years outright lying about the direction lost was taking and going to take then in the end tried to pretend it was always about the journey and nothing else.

If the retard had just shut the fuck up, his name wouldn't be total shit right now.

it would have been kino to have a historical jesus portrayal.

the closest thing we have is the temptation of christ which is more fanfic than historic

Lindelof hasn't done anything good since and including LOST (Prometheus and Leftovers are both garbage) while JJ actually produced some top-tier shows after LOST (Fringe, Person of Interest, and to a lesser extent Westworld).

Did I fucking say it was good? All I fucking said is there is a character, in westworld, who is clearly modeled after damon lindelof.

again, this is ignoring JJ's influence as showrunner. the lion's share of the blame lies with him.

all you have to do is look at JJ's filmography to see the pattern. the motherfucker is cancer

There's always a reason to axe the shows, but the point is that they plan on it and already have a replacement show in the works and they just cycle through genres and concepts to diversify their portfolio so there's more diverse stuff for potential subscribers.

the problem, of course, is the story of historical jesus matches hundreds of figures.

>34 year old man starts claiming to be a messiah, is crucified because that's illegal, the end

And you're ignoring that the Leftovers is following the same retarded formula as Lost, which means Lindelof is definitely to blame.

The whole show is an allegory about the way humans are completely batshit crazy because we don't know what happens after we die. How or why the people disappeared is irrelevant and will never be answered.

Who?

And lindelof's filmography isn't total shit as well?

>the Lindelof shitposter is at it again

So they care more about new subscribers than retention of old ones?

... the short designer stubbled hack writer?

Hello Leredditor

I've made this complaint myself, JJ takes all the credit for every success and none of the blame for any failure. Go look at NuTrek and the short-lived Revolution - his name plastered all over it during the hype train, then he's moved on the next thing as it starts to go off the rails.

Oddly they were trolling Colony as just like Lost last year too, the unifying threads being Carlton Cuse and the guy that played Sawyer. The plotline and execution bear pretty much no other resemblance, but it looks like that's going to be the meme whenever the loosest connection is possible.

You're forgetting a key factor here.

Damon Lindelof.

Hes the type of moron to think the reason people were pissed about the ending of lost was because there was too much buildup. Not because it was total shit.

For me, JJ's greatest sin is Cloverfield Lane. the motherfucker basically commandeered an interesting movie and attached his fanfic to it, ruining the entire plot. he is SUCH a mendacious cocksucker.
>(Fringe, Person of Interest, and to a lesser extent Westworld).
westworld was unmitigated garbage after the first episode, which i'm guessing is when JJ came on board as producer. I haven't seen those other shows but Fringe reads like a Lost clone.

trek'09 was the best of the nutrek movies by miles.

It went off the rails with the second movie, after abrams bailed. Look who wrote star trek: into darkness.

TFA was also the best of the new star wars movies, by a long shot. rogue one was shit. The new one looks prequel tier.

A RELENTLESS FUCKING EXPERIENCE

But the ending of lost was pure kino.

fringe is basically a response to lost. Since the most popular episodes were the ones where the either the others or dharma getting their science on, abrams thought that's what people wanted. Then fringe was completely fucking retarded.

>It went off the rails with the second movie, after abrams bailed. Look who wrote star trek: into darkness.
into darkness is literally directed by abrams. he is the common thread.

alex kurtzman is another name that shows up a lot in lindelof stinkers.

neither of these fuckers has anything to do with Leftovers, and it's kino. see where i'm going with this?

I've never seen LOST but this user saying that it's pretty much the same thing as The Leftovers makes me a bit interested. The only thing that turns me off is that it's so long. What makes people sperg out about the ending?

Fair enough if you were butthurt about the lack of answers in LOST but denying it had wonderfully written character moments is fucking bullshit and I stopped watching it like halfway through

That only people stupid enough to use the term "kino" unironically think leftovers is any good?

at least this time he's not pretending it's sci-fi. the ones "left behind" are left in purgatory so why is he so obsessed with purgatory?

What are your real criticisms against The Leftovers dude? Make your arguments without mentioning Lindelof or Lost.

Fringe is GOAT, currently rewatching it and despite a few lost threads here and there, it has none the problems Lost had with setting shit up without purpose, and Walter Bishop is one of the most compelling characters in the history of television. Fringe is what Black Mirror would be if it wasn't absolutely plebeian.

>I will never pet that cat
Didn't ask for that feel dude.

It's going to be Kate

lost spent five seasons being semi-grounded and trying to be realistic, then in the sixth season, since the writers were completely in a corner, everything is suddenly pure magic. Not even interesting magic either, but that special type of "we don't have the budget to show anything but its okay because twilight zone did it" magic. Then it ends with the "shocking" revelation that all the characters were dead the whole time and lindelof tried to claim "no, they were only dead for the entire last season!" and some people were stupid enough to believe him.

Also all the characters were garbage and lindelof also tried to claim they were the focus the entire time. Despite being garbage.

It's got Lindelof's obsession with metaphysics on full display, but I wouldn't say it's the same as Lost. It's definitely headier and more poignant than Lost, and the characters have far more depth as well. The Leftovers has a pretty clear and singular message about belief. I'm still not sure what message Lost was trying to convey.

Without spoiling it, lost got a lot of traction because of the mysteries it used as plot devices. But the show was never really about the mysteries, it was about the group of people involved. But they leaned so hard on the mystery angle that people demanded answers. The last season was pretty much shotgunning answers for plebs, and the ending dealt with what the show was really about, the relationships of the characters. People were upset because it wasn't about the island. Show is pure kino and worth the watch.