How common are these stereotypical names in their countries?

>Ireland: Seamus, Patrick, Liam, Moira
>England: Nigel, Ian, Oliver
>Scotland: Angus
>Spain: Francisco, Rodrigo, Javier, Antonio, Alfonso, Alberto, Fernando, Alejandro, Juan, Enrique, Jorge, Luis, Jose, Esteban, Pedro, Manuel, Carlos, Maria, Ana
>France: Jean, Jacques, Pierre, Marcel, Charles, Louis, Antoine
>Germany: Siegfried, Reinhardt, Johann, Wilhelm, Otto, Karl, Hans, Manfred, Helmut, Ludwig, Sigmund, Friedrich, Friedhelm, Franziska, Hilda, Hildegarde, Helga, Ingrid
>Netherlands: Jan, Hendrik
>Italy: Mario, Luigi, Giovanni, Giuseppe, Antonio, Marco
>Sweden: Sven, Lars, Ragnar, Magnus, Bjorn, Gustav
>Russia: Sergei, Ivan, Dmitri, Boris, Vladimir, Mikhail, Alexey, Natalya, Svetlana, Olga
>Latin America: Spain's + Jesus
>Turkey: Mehmet
>Middle-East: Mohammad, Abdullah, Ahmed
>Israel: Shlomo, David, Daniel, Benjamin, Isaac, Mordecai, Rebecca
>Japan: Akira, Yoko, Things that start with Hiro

Other urls found in this thread:

meertens.knaw.nl/nvb/populariteit/naam/Jan
meertens.knaw.nl/nvb/naam/is/Hendrik
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

My name is Gustav and I’m from Sweden so yeah I guess that one is right

>Nigel
not common, but not uncommon
>Ian
not common, but not uncommon
>Oliver
fairly common

I've met one person called Bruce in my entire life 12 years ago

Fairly common, Mordecai and Benjamin less than others, Daniel and David are probably the most common of the bunch

is Rodrigo really a stereotypical name? Why the fuck do so many people have trouble pronouncing it?

>>Latin America: Spain's + Jesus
Pretty sure it's the same with Spain as well.

>Sweden: Sven, Lars, Ragnar, Magnus, Bjorn, Gustav

Most of those names are for older people. Only Magnus and Gustav are common among younger men. Erik and Karl is the most common ones from my experience.

In Sweden everyone is called Oliver or Karl, so.....

>Seamus, Patrick, Liam
Common
>Moira
Rare, more likely to see the proper Irish form (Máire)

Is it pronounced the same way?

No, it's more like Maw-ra but the palatalisation of the r makes it sounds like oi to some

Thanks.

>Hendrik, Jan
Old people's names. Extremely popular until the sixties, since then they have gradually declined in popularity.

All those names, including Jesús, are quite common here. Maybe Rodrigo and Esteban aren't as common as the rest but there's still a crapload of both.

john is common in england, i know a bunch of anglos and two of them are john, same with italians and marco

>akira
no
>yoko
no
>hiro
sometime

>France: Jean, Jacques, Pierre, Charles, Louis
Old people, or high middle-class to high-class young people

>Antoine
Quite common

>Marcel
Old people

>I’m from Sweden
inb4 orc-posting

Then what are some common French names these days? For real, no memes like Mohammed or Jamal

The most common names are pleb name who sound vaguely exotic or "original" like Timéo, Kylian, Mathis, Lola, Enzo, Maylis, Hugo, etc.

And there are generational names like Julien or Thomas (which are not pleb, but more rarely given today) for those born in the 80s, etc.

But the classic names (Jean, Pierre, Louis for boys, Louise, Camille, Alice for girls) are given a lot too, because anything other than a classic name sounds pleb for roughly 50% of people (the 50% richest).

>Timéo, Kylian, Mathis
I must add that these names are exclusively worn by people born from the late 90s to today. We're talking young people names here.

Obviously the average Frenchman is 40 years old, so he'll have a generational name like Bruno, Sébastien, Emmanuel, Cédric, or Isabelle for a woman, etc.

Gustav masterrace reporting

Funny because I'd say Gustave is an old people name here

All russian names common as well.
And Alexander, Anna

American South: Lee, Bubba, Cletus, Buck, Vaughn(?),
American Chad youth: Zach, Ryder, Chad, Mitch

>Jean
Old people
>Jacques
Old people
>Pierre
Fairly uncommon, still met a couple of Pierre and Pierre-...
>Marcel
Old people
>Louis
Common
>Antoine
Common

My name is Nigel

>Angus
Not uncommon but not exactly common either

There's been a trend in recent years of giving your children one or two syllable names, they're usually made up names,weird deformation of existing one or exotic name (Enzo is very popular)
Before that in the 90's a lot of children were given American names (Dylan,Bryan,Kevin,Brandon etc..)
But this is mostly a working class/lower middle class phenomenon, middle class and upper class still gives traditional names such as Mathieu,Nicolas,Louis,Charles,Romain,Antoine,Baptiste, Clément etc.. and old people names are getting trendy again (Marcel,Jean,Léon...)
The upper class usually gives their child composed names (Jean-Eude,Pierre-Arnaud, Anne-Maud etc..) classical names (middle ages sounding such as Bérengère,Rodolphe ou Baudouin) or plain upper class names (Alix,Vianney, Grégoire,Augustin..)

German names are from the 19th century. Germans these days are called Florian, Marco and Felix. If they're lucky.

Jean and Pierre are hip as fuck now, just look at Sarkozy's sons

>Jean
>Pierre
>Louis

Never met anyone under the age of 40 called Nigel, even then I have only met 2 in my life.

Same goes for Ian, it's more of a middle aged guy's name.

Oliver is fairly common but not as common as names like Tom, David or Daniel

I know two German families and their children's have normal German names (Friedrich,Johann,Marlene,Theodor), they're either babies or age around 3

Then they're weirdo hipsters

Mostly agree with that, but the obscure medieval names are usually for the nobles, not for the entire upper class.

Didn't know that Marcel was coming back, never heard it.

Grégoire is not especially upper class.

>Spain
I personally know people by all these names.

They're not though, just traditional.

Jesús, Paula and Sofía are very common, too.

>(Enzo is very popular)
Enzo literally means: "I've been BLACKED or ARABED so I'll give my child an Italian-sounding name and he'll LARP as a dark-skinned Italian instead of being that fatherless mulatto"

Older names that fell out of fashion are becoming very popular here again too, Arabella, Charlotte, Elizabeth, Liam, Jack, Edward, etc.

I went to school in Qatar, and there was a time when I had like 7 Mohammeds and 5 or so Abdullahs in a class of 25 boys.
Ahmad is pretty common in Egypt too.
So yes.
Haven't met a single Turkish Mehmet though.

What about that singer, Enzo Enzo?

My parents named Derick so I guess it's kind of german

That is the consequence of a liberal society desu

>immigrants have foreign names
>plebs have fashionable, made-up exotic names (or American sitcom names) because "it sounds good lmao"
>richer people must absolutely show they're not immigrants or plebs, so the only choice left is to stick with the most classic names you can find

>Mostly agree with that, but the obscure medieval names are usually for the nobles, not for the entire upper class.
When I was writing upper class names I though of my noble and catholic friends as their names usually show they're from an old upper class family. Families that are wealthy but not old money usually gives classic middle class names to their children.

>Didn't know that Marcel was coming back, never heard it.
My gf is a primary school teacher and she told me that it was getting trendy again, in 10 years it will probably be a lot more common, once the Enzo/Lilou fad has passed.

>Grégoire is not especially upper class.
It's upper middle class to upper class I'd say. Most of the people I know called Grégoire are upper class although it might be because I've got more upper class friends than most.

Literally BLACKED BLACKED

Joke aside, how do you even know that?

They are the most common names in Italian so i say: very much

True for some, just like a lot of mullatos have American sounding names, but that doesn't mean "pure" French people don't give their children these names as well

Dmitry ITT

I've met so many Italian called Andreas, is it really popular in Italy?

>mfw i have 2 of the hispanic names

Being called jose is no fun when everytime someone calls your name you dont know if they are talking to you or the other 5 guys in the room

Pretty common, I know a Hendrik and a couple of Jan's

>Akira
popular
>Yoko
Only popular among over 50 years, because its popularity completely ruined by Ono Yoko
>Things that start with Hiro
Hiroaki, Hiroyuki, Hiroshi, yes a lot of them are popular

Andrea yes, Andreas is spanish i think

Marco very common, Giovanni a little less, the others are more meme names that are common in our parents/grandparents generation
Alessandro, Roberto, Marco, Andrea, Stefano, Emanuele are very common
Sara, Laura, Chiara, Francesca, Marta/Martina are some very common girl women
Maria was very common in parents generation

What about Ezio Auditore da Firenze?
is it a commom name

Marcel and Enzo are not worn by the same classes at all though, so we'll have a lot of Marcel and a lot of Enzo simultaneously.

I live both in the high-class and ultra-low-class spheres, so I can tell you the next big trend for the plebs:

>names that are so nonsensical you can't even guess the sex and the origin of the child

Literally stuff like Drago, Maouni, Eyan, Hallie, Yoni. I'm making these up, but the real names I've seen were even worse.

I know at least 3 dudes with that name
So very common

pretty uncommon, especially in young people
i know only one Ezio, director of school here
from that there is Lucrezio which i know none, but there are many Lucrezia, dont know why

Yep, it comes from the bottom class and now became trendy for normies.

>tfw latin name
>tfw italian surname
feels good to be ROMAN

Uranus Gigantis?

But it doesn't count if all your friends call you Zizinho

Victor C****ucci

Pretty cool name
I am Marco from the God of War (or Planet) Mars

>tfw visigothic name
>tfw surnames means bald
fuck my parents desu

nice.
i have an uncle marco

Napoletano, eh?

when you translate german they all sound ridiculous
like schwartznegger sounds so alpha but it's basically black nigger

It's a common name in North of Italy (in which many emigrates in Brazil)
???

This. Same for Usa where balkanites and middle easteners larp as italians

I googled what should be your name and found someone from Napoli on Facebook

There are thousands pf thousands named Marco in Italy
It became famous because of St. Mark in the republic of Venice but then spread out in all of Italy

>>Israel: Shlomo, David, Daniel - Mohammad, Abdullah, Ahmed
very common

I know a Karl and a Fritz.
But its the absolute exception.
The rest is old peoples names, safe maybe for Franziska and Manfred.
>Hans
Memed to death, noone will ever name his kid like that ever again.

There's this "French Café" music compilation album I heard a few years back and it had her "Juste quelqu'un de bien" on it. It's jazzy, nice vibraphone in there too.

>no Arabic or Turkish names
Sup Forums BTFO

>look for popular baby names in Germany
>in the top 100: LENNOX, PEPE, ALESSIO, MOHAMMED

L E L

How many people are called Marco (or variants) in Germany?
In Austria it's a rather common name, same for Croatia

>Jan
meertens.knaw.nl/nvb/populariteit/naam/Jan
>Hendrik
meertens.knaw.nl/nvb/naam/is/Hendrik

Marco/Marko/Marc/Mark/(Markus) are pretty common

>Siegried, Wilhelm, Ludwig, Sigmund, Friedhelm, Hilda, Hildegarde
very old/dead people
>Helmut, Otto, Hans, Helga, Manfred, Ingrid, Friedrich
common among 30-70 yo's, but going out of style
>Johann(es), Franziska
very common among 10-30 yo's, although being replaced by modern hipster shit names

Countries who reject their classic names and go exotic = literally cuck countries

The modern naming trend in Norway is 100% total garbage. Especially for boys. I'm almost happy I'm old so I won't have to socialize with people with those garbage names.

Hva har de for navn?

>Mario
Not popular with newer generations
>Luigi
Common
>Giovanni
Common (it's my name btw)
>Giuseppe
Uncommon
>Antonio
In the North only people from Veneto seem to use it but I guess it's more popular in the south
>Marco
Very common

It's just footballers or working class scum who name their kids with bullshit names

The worst one is also the most popular one, "William". "Lucas" is also shit and very popular.
To be fair there are worse names than the ones that are most popular, too. The trashiest names are many of the names that are popular in America, because people who give their children these names are naming them after celebrities and American TV series. So if you look at what names Americans like, these list tend to be dominated by the worst garbage names you can imagine.

Post what you think are the best names in your language

Marco
Rodolfo
Vittorio
Arturo
Giorgio
Stefano
Tommaso
Enrico
Edoardo
Giovanni
Niccolò
Gregorio
Manfredo

King Gustav of Sweden. Known to all as THE GAY.

I will only post women names for obvious reasons

>Alice
>Diane
>Louise
>Agnès
>Jeanne
>Camille
>Agathe
>Chloë
>Mathilde
>Justine

What about Sinhead?

American names are a clear mark of low social status. 80% of (young) Albanians have an American name.

>Spain: Francisco, Rodrigo, Javier, Antonio, Alfonso, Alberto, Fernando, Alejandro, Juan, Enrique, Jorge, Luis, Jose, Esteban, Pedro, Manuel, Carlos, Maria, Ana
>Latin America: Spain's + Jesus
I'd say Rodrigo, Javier, Alberto, Fernando, Juan, Jorge, Luis, Esteban, Manuel, Carlos, Maria, Ana are pretty common. Add Franco, Raul, Matias, Nicolas, Mariana(Maria+Ana but still), Milagros, Silvia, Sofi, Eva, Florencia, Valentina/Valeria.
I have yet to met a Jesus in Argentina, when I went to Mexico like half the men I've spoken to were named Jesus.

Florencia, Valentina
eso en argentina papa

I never understood naming a kid after Jesus. Maybe after a saint, but but Jesus himself.

In Spain we have the cancer that are regional names, literally almost every child in the basque country and navarra is a weird basque name

I can confirm that Zach/Zack and Ryder are common.

Born & raised :)

Jesus and Alfonso are the only ones from the Spain + Latin America list that are rare here.

Also, we have many Jews in Buenos Aires, so some names like David that are normal names in Spain and other Latam countries, are rare here because they are seen as Jewish names, like Ruth.