Thoughts on the latest episode?

thoughts on the latest episode?

i mean they did a good job representing the abo's but that's about it - seemed like a filler episode.

Garbage
Lindelhack and his filler

It was great.
Can't stop laughing at "nothing happened" plebs

Third Kevin's the charm.

Whole thing is genius. Loved it.

It basically confirmed that Kevin Snr. is a fallen angel, wants to be god, confirmed Hotel Assassin really happened. The series is going to be Kevin Jnr vs Kevin Snr in ultimate battle of good vs evil.

This show is too fucking good

scott glenn fucking crushed it.

I still think he is just a crazy old man. And now he has found a crazy old woman.

he looks so miserable and sad here meh kev-o my husbando what happened

His story about the "burning mattress" shows that he really did communicate with Kevin Jnr. As we saw that happen in International Assassin.

BTW he died from the snake bite. When you see those people building the ark (who are the 5 dead kids, grown up a little (races match, not a coincidence)) he is in purgatory. They know who Christopher Sunday is BECAUSE he died.

Note that he took 7 pills but did NOT drink water with them. (we know not to drink water in purgatory from International Assassin).

Note that his totem is a snake (biblical reference).

Note he died with his crutches pointing outwards like wings (fallen angel - Satan).

Note that the cross is upside down implying the satanism symbol.

Note that when he was told he could "speak to God" and took God's tongue (the drug) he ended up speaking to Kevin Jnr (God/jesus).

Note that he thinks the story is about HIM and not his son (Lucifer was banished from heaven for this).

Note that it is Grace is the one who shot him with a tranquiliser dart - he literally had a "fall from Grace" WHILE in purgatory/heaven, after thinking he was God/Jesus. Literally satan

B R A V O D A M O N

i wasn't too into it at first. but I watched it again and fucking loved it. it was hilarious watching Scott Glenn's adventures in the outback. Beautifully shot. The self-immolation scene was disgusting. I only wish there were more flashbacks like this showing his insanity. One of the best shots in the series.

reminder kevin died off screen in the first episode, shot by his wife's son, and the entire series has been in kevin's head as an attempt to comprehend is own death.

how to determine if a work of fiction is really about "muh charcters" in one easy question

>Do the characters drive the events?
>If yes, the work is character based
>if no, the work is plot based

that's pretty damn well put together, never thought of it that way.

I never thought I'd enjoy a Kevin Sr. episode as much as I would but there you have it. Best of the season so far. Lindelof is going full madman but I'm enjoying the fuck out of this ride.

Was boring. I won't lie. It was basically episode 3 filler to mimic the past two seasons when the third episode is to showcase someone else other than Kevin.

Most of it I believe to be true but I was wrong about Grace shooting him with a tranq in heaven/purgatory. He left purgatory after taking the pain meds and passing out in the armchair with the photo album. Grace shot him when he woke up after that

Second half was kino

its copypaste from reddit

sorry, it's been awhile since i saw the first two seasons- What burning mattress? What dead kids?

He was talking about waking up to a burning mattress . After he tripped balls and spoke to Kevin in pergatory in season 2. The woman's departed kids building the arc confuses me.

RIP chris sunday

aahhhh holy shit i didnt make that connection that kevin sr was talking to kevin jr during international assassin.

>seemed like a filler episode.
>connects to a lot of things that have happened or are happening
>establishes a setting for kevin christ in future episodes
>two exceptional scenes
>filler episode

too reddit for me, sorry.

You didn't?
Good think the internet is here for you to bestow awareness you would not have had on your own.

Good thing, even.

the entire series is filler because its all in service to nothing

>life itself is filler
whoa, 7deep1me

TELEKINO

Life isn't in service to anything. So, no, it isn't filler.

nice

Equal?

>Life isn't in service to anything
>Life is in service to nothing
>It's not filler
whoa, it gets deeper

so if chris is dead he should be there with them, no?

What about the dog? Is he planning to assassinate Kevin Sr?

If you think that's deep its pretty easy to understand why you think leftovers is good.

>being this autistic/retarded
there's no way to describe how deep you are breh

what about his call to matt?

>muh stories

THE WRONG KEVIN DIED!

>races match
>looks like two abos working on the boat
>only one abo kid
this theory is falling apart at the seams

There were extra people working on the boat. 7 or 8 in total. They had recruited a few people. What truly mattered was that the 5 kids were there.

(BTW their age is not a problem. Patty was a child in purgatory)

yeah, now you're trying to force it to work. It's a fun theory, but like all the other ones, it's shit.

Is Australia really such a shithole?

yes

What do you mean by shithole?
It's really fucking big and it's hot, yes

Great episode. Episode 1 is the best one so far though.

really doesnt take much effort for it to work

>ginger kid turns into a muslim looking guy, but hey, they're wearing the same colored top!
also, by your loose justifications
>abo isn't wearing a hat
>literally not the same person

This is all very thoughtful, but I bet like none of this will lead anywhere because Lindelof.

>some people actually didn't realise that mini ark was built by spoopy ghosts
kek

Jesus, I thought that was Kevin Sorbo.

>some people actually believe any loosely formed theory that literally breaks apart with minimal observation
kek

The references to Satan don't have to be paid off since he's not literally Satan. But it's really obvious that Kevin Sr. will be pretending to be his son this season.

>But it's really obvious that Kevin Sr. will be pretending to be his son this season.
or he's gonna use the crazy lady to try and remove his son

>Kevin Sr. will be pretending to be his son
sorry i'm stupid
where did you get that from?

what was so good about the first episode??

>woman is looking for police chief kevin
>his name is literally kevin, was a former police chief
>his son is named kevin, is currently a police chief
>he will say he is the kevin the page is written about, which is actually written about his son

it's unlikely he will pretend to be the kevin that is written about though. But his ego will use her one way or another.

We see him get pissy about how the story is about him but he isn't in it, to Matt and then we get this woman you doesn't know which Kevin was on the piece of paper.

oh, i thought it was something bigger than that

i bet it won't happen

Did they only shoot the season in Australia because their budget is so shit?

probably because its the only episode about people actually reacting to a completely insane situation.

but episode 2 was a nora-only episode too

He either tells the truth or lies. Either way, it'll be in service of his Rain Man destiny.

well they've been hinting at australia since last season, perhaps even earlier than that

they didn't show the drop bears

Scott Glenn looked in pretty good shape for 76 ngl

Would you kill a baby if it would give you dubs?

Wrapped up the Dean storyline, had that great birthday party scene with all the guys talking about their 25th birthday, Kevin finding out about the book of Kevin and a lot more

This guy has really hypnotic eyes, I wish we saw more of him

also Gary Busey

Am I the only one a little taken aback by how hard the show is pushing the "he's just crazy" stuff with the hunter and reinforcing it with Kevin Sr.? So much of this show has tread the line between supernatural, spiritual, and mundane, now they seem to actively be grounding the show

>season opener the preacher is just a fraud
>Dean is a paranoid maniac
>Kevin is an schizoid egomaniac who has convinced himself he's the messiah
>Matt tells his congregation that his wife was cured the day they came to Miracle but the audience knows that's a lie
>aussie cunts are deluded by a single page in a book written by a huckster that they found in the trash to kill a man
>all the while Nora is being strung along on the most fantastical departure theory yet
Nora's thing will either not end well for her or will prove all the crazies right

And I forgot the whole tower guy thing, another mundane incident being spun as something bigger

Her story didn't even make sense
>hurrr my kids decided to wait me for exactly 5 minutes, not even try to contact anybody, and just fucking roll through the desert, lol

it's as if the show is about desperate people wanting to believe in things...

Lindelhack, is that you?

the fact gary busey got raptured totally brings the entire series into focus

the world go insane without garey busey acting as an insanity capacitor.

I don't think the show has been so open about proving them wrong before

they waited longer than that. They also saw their father disappear in front of them

and that matters why?

>I just figured out the shows premise 2 season in
Really made me think, senpai.

It was kino

I really don't get this either. It was chock full of content; as far as shows go Leftovers is remarkably fat-free. Every episode explores the characters or a character AND moves the plot forward.

I hate this theory and I hate you and your pets

Because I'm curious about where they're taking the show in the next 5 episodes, and the small change in tone seems to suggest something is building

> the small change in tone seems to suggest something is building
no shit, the show is ending.

the show has pretty much always been about kevin dealing with his sanity/insanity. The show is literally going into the final stretch. Do you expect them to just keep it in a holding pattern until the final episode?

It's just symbolism you autistic neckbeard.

I don't know why you're so bothered by it

Everything is a red herring. The show is called Leftovers, thats the point. It's a show about people desperately searching for purpose and never getting any because the purpose already happened and they weren't a part of it. The flood would be purposeful, and they won't get even that

I don't know why you're making it seem like it's surprising that they wrapping up the show on its final season.

then dont watch it

While I agree with you on the specifics, I disagree with the spirit of this idea. Yes, they're all looking for meaning where there is none. This episode was a perfect example. Kevin Sr thinks he's going to be responsible for preventing the flood; Grace Playford thinks she is fulfilling or becoming a part of prophecy because of the page of the book she found on Kevin. Both are entirely wrong and it's merely an odd set of coincidences that has brought them together.

Someone at Collider saw 7 of the 8 episodes and said in an article they were mystified as to how it's going to end. So Lindelof and Perotta are going to play it close to the vest till the last episode.

>Well, the Pope. I get the Pope. But Gary fucking Busey? How does he make the cut?

Still one of the best lines in the series

Based Damon

Loved it.Really gutted this is a shortened season and the last.I never expected it to be a 7 season mega series but I think they could still keep the quality up for a good 4 seasons.At least we're actually getting a conclusion though , could have easily been cancelled.

Do you think the madman will do it? A Gary Busey cameo?

MAKE IT HAPPEN LINDELOF

>gary busey was just lost in some desert getting high and trying to contact aliens the whole time

>Gary Busey turns out to be crazy St. Peter

best ep so far

>Someone at Collider saw 7 of the 8 episodes and said in an article they were mystified as to how it's going to end
This makes me slightly worried, but I remember that I felt the same way with seasons 1 and 2, and those were superb season endings.