Notably...

>Notably, the managers also claim that Depp spends hundreds of thousands of dollars on a sound engineer who feeds him lines on set.

>"Depp insisted that this sound engineer be kept on yearly retainer so that he no longer had to memorize his lines," writes attorney Michael Kump.

that explains his acting.

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-38825230
youtube.com/watch?v=Bq7K_IfCR4o
youtube.com/watch?v=aS-1be9GjRU
youtube.com/watch?v=8vKrc30rZeM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Is Depp doing a Brando?

My thoughts exactly.

Classic Brando.

>Ex-manager

Should tell you everything you need to know about the validity of the claims.

>THE NEW PIRATES MOVIE ISNT FOR YOU, STEP OFF BLOMPF SUPPORTERS
what did johnny mean by this?

bring on the fat depp

this guy already looks JUSTed, cant wait to see him go all out, full fucking brando

He meant that you're a dumb frogposter

He'll be un-JUSTed shortly now that Amber Heard is no longer draining his life force.

Fuck off Amber

this

If I made 50 gorrillions per movie I would too

all white people feel entitled to something so yah

Amber was the good one all along. Sup Forums knew this.

At least he earned the money he's wasting.

>"He has refused to live within his means, despite... repeated warnings about his financial condition," their countersuit claims.

>Their legal action, obtained by the Deadline website, also accuses the actor of spending:

>$18m (£14.3m) on an 150 foot (45 metre) yacht

>$4m (£3.2m) on a failed record label

>$3m (£2.4m) to blast Hunter S Thompson's ashes out of a cannon

>$300,000 (£238,600) a month to maintain a staff of 40 people

>$200,000 (£159,000) a month on private planes

>$150,000 (£119,330) a month on round-the-clock security

>$30,000 (£23,800) a month on buying and importing wine

>He also needed 12 storage facilities to house his collection of Hollywood memorabilia, they allege.

madman

She's moved on to Elon Musk

She is insatiable

now way thats real. Sheeesh. What a waste.

This, he's going full JUST. He already looks bloated as fuck. He probably won't live another 10 years.

What kind of fucking name is Elon?

South African I imagine

>The name Elon is a Biblical baby name. In Biblical the meaning of the name Elon is: Oak; grove; strong

yanks love old testament names for their (((sons)))

Oh noes, he's wasting money by not hiring illegal slave-labourers who work below minimum wage!

Seriously, how the hell is a staff of 40 people a lot if you've got mansions and yachts as well as the regular assistants you get to keep track of your movie-stuff? If there's anything a rich person can do that ISN'T a waste it's employing people and giving them a liveable wage. Pay them well and you're less likely to have them steal your underwear to sell on ebay. Same with the security.

Too bad he doesn't have any legacy at all, he'll just be a fat retard

I really dislike Johnny Depp for some reason. I think it's because he's from Kentucky but always speaks with a fake English accent.

Amber please
No kicking down

That's 7,500/month each

What the fuck are they doing that that's an appropriate wage?

Tru, fucking whites entitled to everything it makes me SICK

>On August 20, 2005, in a private funeral, Thompson's ashes were fired from a cannon. This was accompanied by red, white, blue and green fireworks—all to the tune of Norman Greenbaum's "Spirit in the Sky" and Bob Dylan's "Mr. Tambourine Man".[50] The cannon was placed atop a 153-foot (47 m) tower which had the shape of a double-thumbed fist clutching a peyote button, a symbol originally used in his 1970 campaign for Sheriff of Pitkin County, Colorado. The plans for the monument were initially drawn by Thompson and Steadman, and were shown as part of an Omnibus program on the BBC titled Fear and Loathing in Gonzovision (1978). It is included as a special feature on the second disc of the 2004 Criterion Collection DVD release of Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, and labeled as Fear and Loathing on the Road to Hollywood.

>According to his widow, Anita, the 3 million dollar funeral was funded by actor Johnny Depp, who was a close friend of Thompson. Depp told the Associated Press, "All I'm doing is trying to make sure his last wish comes true. I just want to send my pal out the way he wants to go out."[50] An estimated 280 people attended, including U.S. Senators John Kerry[51] and George McGovern;[51] 60 Minutes correspondents Ed Bradley and Charlie Rose; actors Jack Nicholson, John Cusack, Bill Murray, Benicio del Toro, Sean Penn, and Josh Hartnett; musicians Lyle Lovett, John Oates and David Amram, and artist and long-time friend Ralph Steadman.

weird

If he runs out of money at least those storage facilities would make a good episode of storage hunters/wars

he's a brando wannabe. try and list one great film credit to his name. you literally can't do it.

What are you talking about? Brando coasted his entire career on the basis of two performances.

WB shills trying to destroy based PotC to help WW not wipe out at the BO. Sad 2bh.

Donnie Brasco, Public Enemies

Fair enough if he has the money to do so. Its just a business expense.

He has more of one then JUSTando ever had.

>Fair enough if he has the money to do so

He doesn't though

Not him but real non illegal butlers can make $10,000/month easy. I'm talking top of the class old school English butlers though

YEEEEEEEEP

First Pirates

both mediocre. his best movie is probably gilbert grape but it's certainly not a career defining movie and leo stole the show anyway

Then he won't be doing it much longer and the situation will resolve itself.

>runs out of money
he could have gotten full JUST over his divorce and still have millions upon millions by the time of his early death. when you're the kind of rich he is, you couldn't go broke if you wanted to.

Brando said Depp's the most talented actor of his generation.

I'd imagine a captain for that kind of luxury yacht would have quite a big salary on his own, skewing the average. He'd be managing the crew, which you'd also want to be capable, not your ordinary seaman riffraff that might sell photos to the pap. Then you've got his assistant/s, who he probably wants to share some of his fortune with just because they have to deal with his rich habits every day. You feel a lot less guilty about drinking thousand-dollar wines in front of your assistant every day if you know your assistant can afford the finer things in life as well. Then the sound-guy is probably counted in with it, who probably has a decent wage. And then a good team of maids/butlers to clean your giant mansion/s would run quite high unless you're hiring illegals, which is the whole reason rich people still hire illegals who'll work well below minimum wage. Cheap bastards.

There's literally nothing wrong with paying people well if you're rich, instead of having the money rest in an account. It instils loyalty and stimulates the economy.

bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-38825230

2 million dollars a month, and the people paid to manage his money are the one's suing him

He's fucked

Depp legacy: Edward Scissorhands, Ed Wood, PotC 1
Depp cult legacy: Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, Mortdecai, Sweeny Todd

When I first heard about it I thought he just stuck the ashes in a cannonball and fired it out of a regular old cannon. It sounded quaint but like something you'd do for a friend. Seeing how much work went into actually designing just the goddamn cannon blew me away. Kind of surprises me that it was that cheap, with how big the spectacle was.

Ed Wood is excellent.

he could literally spend millions a month for years and years

Don't forget The Ninth Gate.

>sense of entitlement
Well he is entitled to a lot of money. Why wouldn't he sense it

>Apocalypse Now, The Godfather, A Streetcar Named Desire, On The Waterfront
That's only 4
>20 Tim Burton movies in white make up playing the same role
>bunch of disney movies
Lel

Also Arizona Dream, Gilbert Grape, Dead Man

Well a yatch keeps it's value
30k a month on wine sounds normal if you throw parties
security costs and flying costs are normal for rich persons
Bad investments happen
Funerals are expensive

He's a rich guy, whats the issue with spending money

Payroll taxes or benefits add a lot too

Holy shit, he's American?

He can do whatever the fuck he wants to.

IT'S A ... totally my brotha, all whiteys is raciss againsuh poh us ... EPISODE

>A Streetcar Named Desire, On The Waterfront

Yep, those are the two. Brando was a giant pain in the ass on the set of Apocalypse Now and showed up completely unprepared for the role as written.

really made me think

>polddit humor

lol

Jack Sparow and Willy Wonka are absolute kino material.

So what, those people are on 90 grand a year each? What the fuck are they doing I'd let him throw a baseball at me for that.

He's South African

>Well a yatch keeps it's value

This is the opposite of truth

It is a lie

Aad Canadian, who are honourary yanks

Yes, Depp is a mixture of 2 of his mentors, Marlon Brando and Hunter S. Thompson.

youtube.com/watch?v=Bq7K_IfCR4o

Techinically he's a half-Canadian, half-South African, born in South Africa, who has US citizenship.

WE WUZ KANGZ

It's true
big yatches keep values for a while

Completely accurate. I rewatched Fear and Loathing recently and so much of his Hunter S. Thompson went into Jack Sparrow.

Did you think they got a Brit to play an American teenager on 21 Jumpstreet?

Elon: old testament name, means "explorer who sacrifices mankind's future for carnal pleasures"

>>ywn have friends this cool

They got a Brit to play the annoying kid in Newsies

That's fucking weird.

i can see that too, a lot of Al Jourgensen went into Jack Sparrow as well but Depp doesn't wan't to admit, because:

youtube.com/watch?v=aS-1be9GjRU

This might actually just be true.

Johnny Debt

Yes. American tv and movie productions do that on a regular basis.

That was a Brit who'd already gotten his start acting his un-descended balls off in a Spielberg movie, though.

fuck off Carlos you mexican bastard

which movie?

>$3m (£2.4m) to blast Hunter S Thompson's ashes out of a cannon
What the fuck?
Dude got ripped the fuck off.

Empire of The Sun.

i guess i feel entitled to not get murdered by roving gangs of feral niggers?

Nah.

youtube.com/watch?v=8vKrc30rZeM

Hunter Thompson would call Depp a fucking idiot for spending 3 mil on a fucking cannon he could have gotten at surplus for a fraction of that amount

kill yourself

That's a great Brando impression there, John

Oh ok, goddamn that's fucking awesome and worth it.

absolute madcunt, who is/was he?

You think the 3m was on the Canon alone? He threw an epic funeral bash for someone he considered a friend & mentor.

who was Hunter S. Thompson? are you fucking with me?

I got that, what's he famous for though?

Who cares?

dunno just being one of the best journalists / writers / madmen out there? check him out you won't regret it

For being Hunter S. Goddamn Thompson.

tangerine