ITT: Perfect 10s

(You)

actually it's shnay-blay

essential guilty pleasure-core
>directed by Linklater
what the fuck

Linklater's best. Also, had a major crush on that bassist girl.

True patrician choice

Lawrence is good at pianoooo
He will be rdrdrdrdrocking in my shoooow
RDRDAKAKAKA

All 10/10 movies have been said already

>There has to be at least on person in the world whose favorite films are
>School of Rock
>Toy Story 3
>Downfall

I said TS3 and Downfall are perfect films, not my favourites.

pictureforants.jpg

I don't know if the rest of the rankings are a meme or not but Prisoner of Azkaban seems to top a ton of best HP film lists, why is this? It was probably my favorite book, but the movie skips the best parts (Quidditch Cup, an actually good Quidditch match, a thorough explanation of the mysteries by Lupin and Sirius in the Shreaking Shack).

I thought Chamber was the best, the only one besides Sorcerer's Stone that really captured the entire book. CGI basilisk looks great even today. But it seems to be the most hated.

it's good, but it's no 10

im more confused as to why 4 is always listed worst

I would guess teasing but not showing the world cup, spending too long for no reason on the yule ball. That's all though, I think it portrayed the rest fine.

I mean all the films are technically garbage but they at least keep to the books decently.

because 4 is too much fun, not edgy enough, until the last 20 minutes.

4 is literally Hogwarts: The Movie

Well the apparent plot is Harry wanting to win the tournament, which is granted less serious than the mysteries of the sorcerer's stone, the petrifying in chamber, and Sirius Black in azkaban.

4 has always ben my favourite HP movie

4s direction is odd and cheesy. Its why everyone is yelling and licking themselves. I enjoy it but its the worst its just an underdog competition movie. Its batshit but consistently batshit

Stop thinking about the plot. Its just well directed.

The films are not garbage though they are good compared to 90% of the shit posted here. What kind of alternate reality are you in

As a series it had almost no continuity. Almost all the actors changed throughout the series. It went through four directors, each drastically changing the style. Due to being released from 1999-2011, the use of special effects also changed with every release.

On top of that the source material isn't great. Rowling is no Tolkien. Neither the books nor the films will ever be analyzed seriously by scholars, nor do either open any new doors for either medium.

You will never see a Harry Potter film in any reputable list of greatest movies. As much of a joke as the Oscars are, it couldn't even get a win there.

They're fine for people who read the books and want to see them on screen. I did. But I could care less if I ever saw any of them again.

It's only a guilty pleasure because the kids are so sexy

Holy shit you are an idiot. There's a shit ton of continuity and only one actor was changed. ONE. The series progresses beautifully and does so becausw of the different directors. Each film is different.

What a fucking pleb. I mean this commit suicide. The films are better than lord of the rings.

pic related

Way too many characters were recast, including Dumbledore AND Voldemort (both old and young), Crabbe, Lavender Brown, Flitwick, the Patils, Alicia Spinnet, Ravenclaw, Pansy Parkinson, Katie Bell, Griphook, Elphias Doge, Tom the Innkeeper, Marcus Flint, and Angelina Johnson.

It's okay to have your opinion, it's just that the critics and film institutes and publications that ranks films universally disagree with you.

And speaking of casting, Harry Potter went PC and made Hogwarts filled with negroes even though it takes place in pre-cultural enrichment Britain. Lord of the Rings foresaw how retarded that would be and made the cast 100% white.

all of those characters are LITERALLY WHO except dumbledore (the first actor died you idiot) and voldemort (who only appeared on the back of some guy's head in the first film)

your a retard

Dude those characters are irrelevant you have autism dumbeldore was changes and it was for the better harris was literally dying. Rewatch them and you'll see how wrong you are and how good they are.

You pic is also bullshit the nigger is blaise he's in hbp. The actor who playes goyle was arrested who cares

>critics and film institutes and publications that ranks films universally disagree with you.
Nome of that matters. All the lists are full of the brim with shit. Hp will always be a classic and is loved worldwide they are among the most loved films and always willbe. They were made in a time that allowed creative control and have aged wonderfully not to mention they've been remastered.

Late reply but 4 is fucking boring desu

I'd go as far to say 1 through 3 are the only good movies/books with 3 being the best

They are all good besides 4. Rewatch em.

Pretty sure the actor for Crabbe was caught with drugs or something and lost the role. Sure, they could have cast someone that looks similar, but who really gives a shit for such an insignificant role.

>not liking goblet
damn must be annoying to hang with you at parties, if you even get invited pleb

Instead of playing it like this
ya tip it on the side and cellooo you've got a bass

I bet you'd probably tell Picasso to sell his guitars

Crabbe and Goyle were pretty much niggers anyway

Jesus, who knew there were so many potterfags on Sup Forums so rabidly ready to defend the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises? Seriously each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>every film that is considered to be among the best is shit
>harry potter is a classic
how's middle school going

Harry potter is underrated and I'm guaranteed older than you. Enjoy having no chops on your own.
Um I like goblet the others are better. Pretty simple that's how good the series is.

It's rated just as it should be: a decent literary adaption that made lots of money but it didn't make any artistic statements.

>metascore: 63
great """film""" you got there

But the films did make artistic statements 3 5 6 7 8 are artistic. They aren't like the books for a reason the director were allowed to make their own films and they hired top tier dps. Every single film is different and does its own thing. Most of them are tone masterpieces.

Great job autist nobody cares they are liked more than 4/1 by critics and audiences

nobody cares about your forgettable children's series

This movie is essential Gen X "graduated college in the early 2000s and spent a lot of time after smoking weed and going to shows before finally settling down with a used up roastie" core

Pretty sure the world is still hyped about harry potter they are timeless

They care about it more than everything else posted ITT autismking. Only the first two are childrens movies sweetie.

The world cares about Harry Potter like it cares about Coca Cola, Barbie, Justin Bieber, and other commercial products.

He says on a disney wars board