What does Sup Forums think of Battlestar Galactica?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WSYPYq9D_No
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>space drama in space
>no wait it's a murder mystery
>no wait it's fantasy
>no wait it's a religious drama
>no wait it's planet of the apes
10/10 would reboot again

Hasn't been a better sci-fi show since sadly, though I suppose The Expanse is close.

>>no wait it's a murder mystery

Always bad. I felt like the writers didn't want to take the Skinjob stuff too far but were pushed by the network for sex appeal. They really didn't bring out "who's the Cylon" in the show, only during teasers for the show. Then it's ultimately irrelevant by the time of the final five shit

Overrated.

>dull, witless dialogue
>lack of depth in characters
>no real sense of danger: main characters are invulnerable
>flirts with pretentious questions but only deals with them superficially
>limited by 1970s-style episodic structure

Just a flashy re-heat of a cheesy, derivative show that never deserved it.

are you a woman?

it was a meme show, taylor made for reddit

>Just a flashy re-heat of a cheesy, derivative show that never deserved it.

The Battlestars and Vipers were worth it even if they're ultimately based off of Star Wars. The show had pretty good designs (barring the Cylons) and I was shocked to realize that it had a smaller budget than SG1 as it always seemed higher quality

I could have down without the overt religious aspect. Fucking angels and shit.

The reall question is,

what does Sup Forums think of Caprica?

opened with that hardcore baby kill scene, but quickly degraded itself.
first season was decent, but soon you realised mary sues (starbuck) and retard environtment

This appears to be ironic but that's what one the reasons I love the show. it's a real human drama, the characters are not limited to the tropes of the sci-fi genre and it's probably the main reason they feel so real when compared to the standard ones you see in sci-fi and/or military shows.

Also it's a fedora filter, which is always good.

I never watched the second half or whatever it was where they stopped airing it on Syfy. Heard it got better. I wasn't too impressed with it, the shoehorning in of the Adama family and the V-World stuff was garbage maybe it could have been decent without those

Really fucking good until the last half of the final season.

Not good but the show got absolutely shafted with it's scheduling by Sci-Fi. They split the season over two years so no wonder it gained no audience traction.

>Adama family
Ya that was a bit much. They could have done without that.

>v world
I didn't mind that. Was a pretty good parralel to how the internet is taking over peoples lives now and it was a good way to connect the AI concept to something other than war.

The creator was probably sick of space/war genre and wanted to try something different. Too bad everyone was expecting BSG type drama, but instead go something completely different.

Who is Taylor?

>So there's like.. a human cylon
>Now lets have a power struggle
>OMG A MYSTERY
>So there's like.. two human cylons now
>OMG ANOTHER MYSTERY!
>So there's like.. Three human cylons now
>OMG WE SOLVED A MYSTERY! (two more were added though)
>Etc etc

It's revealed there are 12 cylon models in the miniseries, stop lying.

elaborate

I think we can all agree that "33" is one of the best episodes of television of all time, right?

Dat tension, dat pacing, dat suspense.

If you're gonna shitpost at least do it about some legitimate stuff like the fucking god-awful Demitrius/Kara arc

Definitely, but there are so many more BG episodes in the same list, particularly from the New Caprica arc.

I think my personal favourite is Final Cut though.

>so many more BG episodes in the same list, particularly from the New Caprica arc

Literally no one else thinks this

To be fair, The Trial of Gaius Baltar is pretty sick

Feel free to look through the archives, newfag.

It seemed to have lost its way somewhere in season 3, and then in season 4 they went full retard. It's a real shame, because when this show was good, it was really fucking good.

this. the final five was a complete let down. the ending was just as bad as lost.

First season: amazing
second season: good, then bad, then good
third season: starts really good, middle meh, ending great
fourth season: good start, really until middle, few good episodes in last half, bad ending

In what way? Starbuck? I've never heard a criticism of the ending that wasn't related to it being religious which was signalled from day one...

... and much more clearly than Lost.

Great ideas and concepts that fell flat because the writing staff was too lazy and too stupid to plan anything out.

Big
Shitty
Garbage

youtube.com/watch?v=WSYPYq9D_No

Unbeatable.

The show would've been better had they never done the Skinjob plotlines. They really never used the unknown factor of it well at all. It was like a kid holding a secret, they'd blurt it out after an episode or two or conversely have it come out of nowhere with no prior relevance

I'M

GETTING

MY

MEN

Cain?

first two seasons are some of the best television I've ever seen, solid 10/10

Tell me about the moustached man

Main thing people will look back on is it's Bush-era Iraq war and terrorism themes. Rewatched early this year and its really present in a way that I didn't remember (I guess it was just in the water at the time). Covered the issues from all kinds of angles in an interesting way as it went on. When it starts off its about Galactica dealing with terrorism (is torture ok?) and later on of course Tigh himself is justifying suicide bombing ("I've ordered men to their deaths before, nothing has changed"). Sometimes Adama is justified in aggression and mistrust, sometimes not.

In all that though I didn't feel like it had an obvious didactic political message, it was just about what it was about which is laudable.

I was perfectly happy with the ending also. If you weren't expecting that from near enough the start I can't help you, maybe watch less anime and read more books.

I dropped it early in Season 3. Should have been a three season show at most. The original realized there's only so much mileage you can get out of episodes of being chased by Cylons, so they pretty quickly shifted to plots about finding new planets (which all happened conveniently have humans on them). I don't know if that would have been the right choice, because I think you can still have some drama that takes place solely on the ships, and going from planet to planet probably would have presented some budget concerns.

But goddamn was the "oh no, THIS person is a Cylon?" shit was awful. I also hated all the god shit and the whole thing about whether the Six in Baltar's head was his imagination or a real angel. I just thought that was an incredibly lame plot device.

Remember when the writers forgot that Cylons weren't supposed to have children, so they retconned Tyrol's son to be a product of cuckoldry?

>Say there are 12 Cylon models
>Say there are Final Five even though there is a Number Eight model
>Shove in reference to dead model at the last minute because you forgot how to count

BSG started off great, and even the later seasons had some good moments, but they didn't fucking plan this shit out at all.

You're a big girl