>Marton Csokas
>Jeremy Irons
>Ghassan Massoud
>Michael Sheen
>Nikolaj Coster-Waldau
>Iain Glen

And in the main character role...

>Orlando Bloom

Seriously, how can one director fuck up so hard? I recently watched the Director's cut and every time Bloom opened his mouth he stuck out like a sore thumb with his totally insipid line delivery.

What's worse, he barely has any lines which I guess was a desperate altering of the screenplay in a bid to not let him shit up the movie, but instead it makes him come across as an almost mute autist who is given titles, important errands and a smoking hot woman for no apparent reason.

Other urls found in this thread:

scout.com/military/crusades/story/1452181-kingdom-of-heaven-fact-vs-myth
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

bloom was considered banakble because he was fresh off the lotr movies.

this

OP btfo

I will never get over that stupid as fuck face he is making on that poster.

hes fighting you stupid mongoloid

The movie was a horrible distortion of the real life events.

How so?

Yeah and he still looks like he's taking a monster shit.

I'm sure you could cherry pick frames out of any action scene in any more where the actor is making a dumb face but you don't have to put it on a fucking poster.

who cares

How's that autism?

pretty much every "historical" hollywood movie is

>mfw that hella epic takedown

scout.com/military/crusades/story/1452181-kingdom-of-heaven-fact-vs-myth

It took every chance to portray the templars as villains, even changing history to do so. This list is pretty comprehensive. And Saladin was a piece of shit, though a great commander.

The historical version of Balian was essentially Liam Neeson's character. The whole "bastard who grew up as a peasant" thing is a complete fabrication.

nobody cares

That doesn't excuse shitty acting. I mean, they do screen tests and line readings before casting, right? Someone in the chain of command should have realized that he was going to suck.

Dat Knight Hospitaller was based

>you march to certain death
>all death is certain. I shall tell your father the man you've become

I was responding to the person who asked, you faggot.

I fucking care, you underage retard. Take a nap and let the grownups speak.

balian was never blackmsith, he was actually a well to do nobleman. sybilla was actually quite devoted to guy and never got involved sexually involved with balian. when saladin finally took jersalem like half the city's population went into slavery.

Bloom wasn't great in this, but decent. The theatrical cut made him basically the medieval rambo, but the directors cut takes a lot of the focus off him.

Directors cut is a 100x better movie btw.

>being this upset that a hollywood movie meant for entertainment wasn't historically correct

Nope, just at you for being a faggot

threadly reminder that the hospitaller was literally an angel

The theatrical cut was. Directors cut not so much. They fuck with some of the people and events, but overall it's pretty accurate, and focuses more on the philosophy of the crusades, and the disillusionment of a lot of the crusaders.

Also points out that the muslims and crusader states weren't really mortal enemies, just occasional opportunistic foes like pretty much everyone at the time was.

>The film Sybilla was kind, honest, yet meek. The real Sybilla was a frivolous, arrogant brat who was incredibly lustful.

You know what, she did come across as frivolous, arrogant and lustful bitch in the movie too.

>I'm not here to fuck you just because, Balian...
>Let's fuck for no reason oh yeah

Bloom wasn't even that terrible in the film, biggest problem was the way his character was written. They went for a complete "fish out of water" scenario, with this ridiculous arc of a simple blacksmith-turned legitimized bastard-turned jack of all trades in the Holy Land. If they kept it more historically accurate (Balian was always a noble in Holy Land) it could be a much more believable film.

Liam Neesons who band of rag tag knights were based. The berserker German Dane Viking, Lucious Vorenus, based black man, and who else am I missing?

the part with Salidin respectfully putting the cross on the altar was the most pandering shit.

They actually drug the cross through the mud and shit in the streets for like 3 days.

At times the muslims were dicks, at other times they were completely cool about it. They did allow all the christians in jerusalem to leave peacfully, after all.

Many other times they would allow christians to continue to live, and freely practice christianity in muslim lands.

One thing I think the film really tried to point out was that it was never a christian vs muslim war, even though that's what it was framed as at the time and ever since. Muslims spent way more time killing each other than warring with the christians, christians spent as much time fighting amongst themselves.

It was a war, which at the time meant it was a land grab....pure and simple ultimately. All the religion and symbolism is largely bullshit, which is what many crusaders were shocked to learn.

Yeah they were really trying to make it look as one sided as possible.

Lupin was there too.

Yeah, the german babarian, the black guy and the roman just worked so well they stuck in my mind even though they were minor characters that died in the first 20 minutes.

That movie had so much chemistry and memorable details, Orlando Bloom was truly the bane of it all.

I always thought he was one of the weakest link in LOTR too. Yeah, he's like the prettiest character, but his acting was shit.

>tfw the pope will never raise a modern templar army and take back the holy land from the jew and muslims. And tear down the dome of the rock.

>tfw the pope kisses the hands of Jews these days

When the king decides to ask for his opinion on how to improve Jerusalem's walls was a huge wtf moment. Why would you ask him that? Because he is a blacksmith? You just schooled him in an elemental religious interpretation of the morality of war and he just sat there looking at you like a dog who looks solemn but doesn't understand what the fuck you're saying to him.

Well for starters, everyone was an asshole. Saladin was an asshole. Balian was an asshole. Other crusaders were assholes. The muslims were assholes. Also every event happened differently and mostly in a different order. Every character was different.

I liked his elvish pronounciation but he had nothing going on besides that. Maybe he pulled the elvish off so well they decided to cast him. He didn't come off nearly as jarring in LOTR though, because LOTR wasn't trying to be a grounded grandiose medieval kino.

I just realized it was Brendan Gleeson who played Menelaus in Troy.

The fucker disappears into his roles even if he is a fat irish ginger.

Jesus thinks you're a jerk user.

They said he was a siege engineer before he was a blacksmith. I guess his experience in war was what made him use his skills for peace or whatever.

I guess he looks so dumb in a Zoolander-trying-to-look-serious way I completely disregarded that info

Remind me again how did it end for the muslims living in Jerusalem when it got conquered by the crusaders vs when Saladin conquered it back.

the muslims got killed and the christians got sold into slavery

Orlando Bloom was fine.

"No!"

Is this the last great Ridley Scott movie?

They fucking enslaved most of the population in Jerusalem while taxing the crap out of non-muslims.

Also slit yout own throat for viewing historical events through your own eyes.
Fighting for your soul was of incredible importance. Nearly all the crusaders lost money and land in order to go. Jerusalem and the surrounding area was poorer then for example Syria or Egypt which the first crusaders mainly ignored. Shit, most soldiers and knights returned home after taking Jerusalem. The safety of your soul and securing it's place in heaven was the most important thing for people at the time.

>They fucking enslaved most of the population in Jerusalem while taxing the crap out of non-muslims.

at what point? They alternated between total clemency and virtual enslavement. Depends when you're talking about.

>Fighting for your soul was of incredible importance

Most crusaders thought it was, before they actually got to the crusades. That is, if they actual got to the crusades as the majority would die in the journey there, or die of disease once they entered the desolate holy land.

> The safety of your soul and securing it's place in heaven was the most important thing for people at the time.

Once again, that's the reason a lot went, but when and if they actually got to the crusades, they discovered it was mostly europeans vying for power with one another, and a complete political war, which left many with a pretty bad taste in their mouth about the whole thing.

Yep.

But I've heard enough about Orlando not being leading star material for this movie. Who would you have put as the lead in this movie?

A young Clive Owen. He can do the stoic, quiet hardass that does what needs to be done very well.