What were your favorite tapes?

What were your favorite tapes?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=D_01e-CvPC8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Second Honeymoon is objectively the best.

Portal to the parallel universe was fantastic

worst one was skater kids fighting the zombies

She was so cute I still need to check out her solo movie.

I like you

east asian cult and the frat boys going to the haunted house

Also, since it's a "found footage" anthology but never mentioned here, I wanted to bring up the French collection "Les Documents Interdits."

Kind of like VHS except 8/16 mm film. Some are abject horror, some more comedic, all feel very surreal and generally better done than VHS. Kinda feels like watching classic Twilight Zone. I think it's on youtube.

none of them. vhs is shit

I watched V/H/S 2 and it was one of the worst movies I have ever seen.

We're discussing VHS nigger, not VHS 2

Why was VHS Viral so fucking bad?

Is the series dead now?

Found an English version

youtube.com/watch?v=D_01e-CvPC8

They were pressured into making a new one just to cash in on the franchise, but they had no script, so they just shat one out.

I've seen all 3 VHS's and Southbound and the ABC's of death, what are some other good horror anthology movies?

also my favorite segment was Safe Haven, though I enjoyed Southbound as a whole more than the VHS movies

see

there was one segment that had potential in Viral, the one about parallel universes, it was good up until the penis/vagina monster reveal

Halloween haunted house
Parallel universe (in the shite 3rd movie)
Zombie bmx
Safe haven (of course)

you shit

VHS?

Amateur Night>Eyball Camera>Saturday the 14th>Go Pro Zombies>Framing Story>Honeymoon

The haunted house one is my favorite because it's the best done.

Least favorite is pretty much everything in VHS3.

>eyeball camera
no

VHS was supposed to be the new SAW (cheap "horror" movie released every year), but they ran out of ideas and shat out a script. Everything in viral is straight garbage.

The cult
The bros at the haunted house
The alien prank one
The zombie one

Second Honeymoon is underrated in that it is the most grounded one.

Worst is the one with the shitty eye that lets you see ghosts, or maybe there's a worse video in the third film.

Doomsday book is a Korean horror anthology. It gets the "Perspective of the zombie" right and the segment involving AI is the best discussion of AI I've seen in horror.

The last segment with the 8 ball is weird though.

yeah I think we can all agree viral was terrible
the one segment about the skateboarders is, in my opinion, the worst in the entire series

>ABC's of death
I want the hours I wasted watching this garbage back. It was obvious that most of the "directors" were not taking it seriously

Not a movie, and the second season isn't out yet so it's not really an anthology yet, but I enjoyed Channel Zero. If not just for the neato monster designs.

Yeah plus it was only six episodes, nice short little horror story. I agree with you on the designs, they made the most out of their budget and did a fine job with the monsters.

cult segments are best

Amateur Night: 9/10
Second Honeymoon: 7/10
Tuesday the 17th: 6/10
The Sick Thing That Happened...: 4/10
10/31/98: 8/10

Phase 1 Clinical Trials: 5/10
A Ride in the Park: 8/10
Safe Haven: 9/10
Slumber Party Alien Abduction: 7/10

Dante the Great: 3/10
Parallel Monsters: 8/10
Bonestorm: 2/10

Dante the Great felt like a Tales from the Crypt episode. Fun but not remotely frightening.

Trick 'r Treat is a legitimately good movie. Give it a go sometime.

She got her own solo movie?

Man I remember watching Tales from the Crypt on syndication when I was really little, but I didn't really remember any specific episodes other than the one about the werewolf boy and the vampires.

I downloaded the first few seasons a couple years ago and watched them and I was sooooo disappointed. Barely any of it is horror. Most of it is really bland, forgettable 90s cable fluff about cheating lovers.

Yeah it came out a little while back.

Noice.
Gotta check that out

Slumber Party Alien Abduction was my personal favorite.

Objectively the best one is Safe Haven

It's absolutely horrible. You've been warned.

This. Couldn't finish it.

Wasn't there a VHS2 copypasta that was posted before the shitshow that was viral or am I going insane?

that was easily the worst fucking one

this. dumb story, terrible acting, just awful all around
plus theres a lot less nudity than you'd expect from a succubus girl that walks around naked all the time, her hair covers her tits for most of the movie

why are horror shorts so satisfying? it seems it's one of the best storytelling methods for the genre, and if you think about it it's similar to real life where people would tell each other spooky stories and stuff.

The main arc in the first one is the best. Fight me.