Rocky balboa

>rocky balboa
>the current world heavyweight champ
>the leanest and meanest he's ever been in his fighting career
>has killer speed and power
>in his physical prime
>he still canonically lost to a guy 10 years older than him who has been retired for 5 years
>a guy that he beat clean once, almost twice

why is this aloud?

because Rocky was the only good one

yea this really bothered me too. he levels up his speed and technique, while keeping his insane stamina and power but somehow loses to this jabroni.
also rocky pls are
4=>1>3>>Creed>Balboa>>>>>>

It's hard to take the Rocky movies seriously at all if you know thing one about boxing. Stallone can't even throw a punch correctly.

Rocky is a drama / romance about a boxer, the sequels making them into boxing movies is the reason they're schlock or trash.

>"It's a good movie, just not a good ____ movie!"

10/10
>Rocky

Good
>Creed

Meme
>Rocky III
>Rocky IV

Shit
>Rocky II
>Rocky V
>Rocky Balboa

1. Creed was always the better fighter
2. We have examples of this happening in real life (Muhammad Ali coming out of retirement to beat George Forman)
3. Was Creed really 10 years older? I don't remember that being said in the movie.

Also

>a guy that he beat clean once, almost twice

Not really. Him beating Creed in Rocky 2 was down to a little luck and heart, nothing more. He just happened to be able to stand when Creed couldn't. Apollo beat the shit out of Rocky for most rounds, he just got cocky at the end and went for the knockout out of personal pride.

>aloud

how about the fact that he's a 5'9", 190 pound heavyweight? that should bother you more.

>>he still canonically lost to a guy 10 years older than him who has been retired for 5 years

That can't be right. Rocky is 29 years old in Rocky 1. That means that Apollo is 39 in Rocky 1, which completely undercuts the whole underdog narrative because a 39 year old heavyweight boxer simply doesn't win against men 10 years younger (*cough* klitschko *cough*). And he especially doesn't win 2 years later.

The minimum for a heavyweight in the 1970s was 190lbs tbf. It wasn't raised to 200 until 1980.

>4
>anywhere near the top

4 is a shit meme movie.

Fuck off

havent seen it in years. when i was in highschool 4 and 3 were some of my favourite movies. used to burn the songs onto disks and play them in the gym

i feel bad if you cant enjoy something if you perceive it as "meme" or because young fucks have started to enjoy it

i must break you

t. commie

2 rubbles have been deposited in your account

Apollo would have legit won in Rocky II if the right went to decision. Mickey waited too late to have Rocky unleash hell on Apollo because by that point Rocky was nearly out of steam himself.
At the point when Clubber was taunting Apollo, Apollo could have put Clubber to sleep within one round.
If prime Apollo fought Ivan Drago, there's no way Ivan could catch him and Apollo would have worn Ivan down, plus Drago would have been disqualified with a proper drug test.

The only two categories Rocky surpasses Apollo in are raw strength and heart.

>it's a # > # > # >>> # < # episode

ROCKY I AND BALBOA FAGS LEAVE THIS THREAD IMMEDIATELY AND TAKE YOUR "MUH UNDERDOG" AND "MUH HEART" SOMEWHERE

THIS IS WHAT ROCKY I FAGS TELL YOU IS GOOD:

>dirty boring setting, nothing exciting, full of shmucks
>everythings sad and grey, no russians
>crap music that sounds like its from the smurfs
>awful fight
>pathetic training montage, runs around a bit and feels great? get out of here
>too much about characters being sad and butkus

ROCKY IV
>amazing soundtrack, 80's power anthems to get you pumped like No Easy Way Out, not a sad trumpet man
>manliest training montage, lifting logs, climbing mountains, awesome
>true drama, rocky's best friend SMASHED in an instant, a true story of political revenge against the east, also notice how the awesome villain smashes the living shit out of Rocky I's mediocre rival
>destroyed communism in a second
>cool robots, rocky I had no robots
>montage level set at full capacity, lots of photo grabbing and mirror staring, intense and reflective

IF I CAN CHANGE, AND YOU CAN CHANGE, THEN ANYONE CAN CHANGE, except Rocky I fags because theyre deluded.

>At the point when Clubber was taunting Apollo, Apollo could have put Clubber to sleep within one round.

yeah its really hard to rank Clubber among the rocky fighters. I mean even with how much faster Rocky got with Apollo's help in Rocky III, he just does a rope-a-dope which doesn't take any speed at all

Nah, Rocky levels up during and after III. I don't think anyone else in the series could've taken down Ivan

>creed
>good

I remember Muhammad Ali saying something similar when the movie first came

>Stallone can't even throw a punch correctly.
this really bothered me because I watched some boxing before I ever started the Rocky movies and they couldn't throw a punch for shit

Rocky only mentions who wins in Creed right? Rocky could've been lying for all we know

rocky wouldn't lie he has no reason to

Rocky also came out of retirement to fight the world heavyweight champ in Rocky 6. Apparently age only makes you stronger in the Rocky universe.

What was bad about Creed user?

Not him, but it was an obvious cash grab that even most black people saw right through. There was no reason for this movie to be made. Nobody asked for it. Adonis didn't need to be a boxer because he already had a good life unlike Rocky and Apollo. Adonis had nothing to fight for. Also, they made Apollo Creed into an adulter which is shitting on his legacy.

Creed was about daddy issues and forming your own identity. Apollo's shadow had always been looming under him and he needed to learn embrace his father's legacy rather than being pigheaded about it and his non-existing relationship with his deceased father.

>Rocky Balboa
>Shit
Fuck off m8

What about the fact he seemingly recovered from traumatic brain injuries to become a wise dapper old man?

>balboa
>shit

at fuck you

SAMEFAG
A
M
E
F
A
G

You're not that smart, are you?

>Discussing any of the rocky sequels.

my sides

>kid asks about secret fight with his dead dad
>tell kid his dad won
>autists take this at face value

It also kinda shits on Rocky's whole career in favor of Apollo.

except apollo is the better fighter according to balboa and the films verify it

he beats him in rocky 1

he beats the shit out of him in rocky 2 and barely loses just because of rocky's endurance

he beats him in the rematch in rocky 3

the only reason he doesn't beat ivan drago is because he is in his mid 40's and hasn't even kept up training like he did in rocky 3

Initial D is a good movie, just not a good racing movie.

Of course it's "enjoyable." The same way any kind of pulp crap is enjoyable. It's nowhere near as good as Rocky 1, and should not be anywhere near that kind of story.

>Creed
>good
>Balboa
>shit

fuck off

Objectively your list is shit

III > I > VI > II >haven't seen the others

>why is this aloud?
for the same reason autistic level english is a̶l̶o̶u̶d̶ allowed

>lack of forced, universal eugenics