*inhales*

*inhales*
*leans back*
*breathes in*

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/filename/rogue2.webm/
screenrant.com/superman-powers-scientific-explanation/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

that shit was pretty cool

>implying this is anything short of enhanced space-kino

Go to bed, junior.

not an expert on umm physics here but if the head of that ship is super strong and theyre using their engines wouldnt the rest of the ship crumple into the head you know instantly destroying it?

archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/filename/rogue2.webm/
>Listen up you fucking morons, this is NOT accurate.
>1) The amount of thrust the hammerhead would need to push a ship with that kind of mass in that amount of time (10 seconds) is inconceivable. Picture a tiny speedboat pushing the Titanic completely off course into an iceberg in 10 seconds-- that's right, you can't because that doesn't make any fucking sense.
>2) The starship destroyer is not made out of the same material as the hammerhead's front battering ram. It's most likely a material that is much weaker, because that would be expensive as fuck to coat an entire ship in essentially diamonds. Therefore, the hammerhead would pierce through the star destroyer long before it would be able to push it into another ship
OP, I am proud to know I will never be as autistic as you.

but he's right

>Inhales
>Breathes in

Who cares? It's a dumb movie for middle schoolers.

What Dreamcast video game is this?

kek is this what everyone was sperging about? finally i have seen it. a few things

>ship that size probably wouldn't impart a lot of delta-v to something so much larger
>it would accelerate slowly
>surely the star destroyers have their own attitude thrusters

but hey big things crashing into other big things is cool in the theater.

This part was sweet. I don't know why you fuckers are so autistic about it. I don't believe that Schwarzenegger can jump through the air while accurately shooting two machine guns in Commando, but I don't shitpost about it because I can enjoy a movie.

Yes. Its the same reason Superman cannot actually lift buildings no matter how strong he is.

This is kinda cool, but what makes it fucking stupid is why didn't they do this in any other movie?

I don't think its a huge "physics plothole" because the only resistant force to the ship's thrust is the larger ship's inertia in zero-G (which is purely a function of mass.)

However, assuming all building materials to be roughly equal, if engine thrust was enough to collapse ship material, then I think it would follow that the Star Destroyer's own engines would tear the ship apart when activated.
However, the impaction of the smaller ship's nose makes sense because that's ship's nose was applying force at a point (like a knife or a needle) until it dug in a little.

Also not a physics person, but that's what I see.

With Rebel super ships like that, how did the Empire survive for so long?

>surely the star destroyers have their own attitude thrusters
It was disabled just before the Hammerhead hit it.

Rogue One isn't canon

It requires the star destroyer to be disabled.

That being said, star destroyers ram into things in both ESB and RotJ.

that's not funny Dreamcast had a really good gundam game.

>ships can go light speed
>IS JUST LIKE TITANITC SPEEDBOAT SHUT UP MORANS

Had a really fun Magic Knight Rayearth game too.
Terrible dub tho

But R1 is super cereal, not for children.

this movie was so fucking boring. halfway through i just wanted it to be over.

I read that as super surreal. I think that's more accurate than what you actually said.

does it actually RAM into a ship that size without even buckling?

the fuck is it made of, diamond?

Yes it expects you to believe one ship can push another ship without buckling, yet it crashes into another ship and slices it like butter.

Is this the movie where the minority saves the world or the movie where the woman saves the world?

Two situations which are, of course, empirical fictions

>he doesn't know Superman has a electromagnetic force field around his body that can extend around objects he's lifting

Stop posting pinhead

Shut the fuck up you autists, this scene was great. Are you just NOW realizing Star Wars doesn't give a shit about physics? Really?

Do you even know what empirical means? How can science fiction be both science fiction and empirical, you fucking dolt

t. idiot the post

That's the dumbest "fuck physics" line I've ever heard.

>autists shit themselves over this in a franchise which has a moon sized sphere that can be flown through space and can pop entire planets in an instant

Enjoy
screenrant.com/superman-powers-scientific-explanation/

Why didn't they use one of their hundreds of turbo laser batteries to, oh, I dunno, maybe shoot at the little baby ship?

That is a long article for something no one actually cares about.

its a movie u faggots

dubs

you dipshit, the ending battle was the only redeeming feature of "Star Wars: Literally who?"

Checked.
Praise kek.

but, but, but just turn off your brain!

>article with auto-playing video that doesn't default to muted sound
fucking hate this meme tbqh

Wouldn't the turbolasers of a Star Destroyer at point blank range decimate that shit cruiser?

The empire was defeated by a space tug boat.

It doesn't even use its own rules though. WTF are the point of shields if they don't protect from impacts? The ship being pushed should have crumbled since it had no shields. The Stationary ship should have remained.

what i found particularly interesting is that this ship is a republic cruiser from KOTOR, which takes place 4000 years before the movies

leaving aside pushing one star destroyer into another, it would probably shatter the second you put the keys in the ignition

Not when there's a strong, independent womyn on board!

Things in space don't break down as fast as things on a planet with an atmosphere and weather. Assuming it's powered off and in a stable orbit it could last for centuries, even millenia. Just gotta swap out the stale oil and put some fresh gas in that bitch.

Imagine being a janitor on Sup Forums and having to be all like "damn, Sup Forums, you fuckin' fine, all sexy with your star wars threads and horrific disgusting BRAAAPposting. I would totally laugh at your forced memes, both my tripcode and my anonymous self." when all he really wants to do is delete the entire fucking board and redirect it to . Like seriously imagine having to do it for free while a BLACKED poster flaunts his thread in front of you, the "what's next for her career?"-posts barely concealing the off-topicness of Sup Forums, and just sit there, thread after thread, waifu after waifu, while spiderman says racist and anti-semetic things. Not only having to tolerate crab legs and cuckposting but Sup Forums's endless arguing about capeshit as everyone on says MARVEL BTFO and DAMN, HOW WILL DC EVER RECOVER?? because they're not the ones who have to sit there and sift through the report queue deleting threads that make you want to kill yourself. You've been nothing but a hardass who curates forums and ensures high quality content your ENTIRE LIFE and once birthed a new way to look at 70s cinema. You've never even seen anything this fucking repetitive before, and now you swear you can taste the reddit that's breaking out on the front page as Sup Forums continues to bathe in its own shit, smugly assured that you, the janitor, are enjoying the opportunity to DO IT FOR FREE and revel in Sup Forums's "contrarian (for that is what it calls itself)" memes, the memes it worked so hard for shitposting for years. And then a new DRUMPF thread appears, and you know you could ban every single person on this board before the admins could put you down, but you sit there and ensure, because you're a fucking janitor. You're not going to lose your future moderator status over this. Just bear it. Delete the cunnypost after three hours and bear it.

Yeah, it's not like those destroyers were just bombed by ships specifically made to disable a ship and it's defense systems

Go push a semi with a scooter

I don't disagree that the movie was pretty bad, or that this part is stupid, but you do realize that inhaling and breathing in are the same thing right?

And did the super star destroyer push the death star away?

No!
It freaking kept going until it turned into fiery space debris

You're pretty much right, yes. This is how people can push cars without breaking their arms.

Welcome to Sup Forums

What was the purpose of this character? He didn't actually do anything except get cucked by Tarkin and Vader

In space?
It'll work.

I can't actually disprove this.

So why don't they just light speed straight through all the star destroyers? They'd go so fast they wouldn't know what hit the and have no way of counter attacking suicide hits like that.

Checkmate atheists.

Wasn't this episode just on Sup Forums a few weeks ago?

You guys are forgetting this was in a zero G environment, most of your reasoning depends on gravity

Engine was disabled on the Star Destroyer

why didn't the first order just strap thrusters on big rocks, send them on a long orbital trajectory around a star and slam them into republic worlds at a fraction of c?

because that's not as cool as SPACE LASER BEAMS

wait why did you breathe in twice?

Just bought the blu-ray of this DESU the second half really is a fun as fuck movie. The climactic battle was pretty much more "Star Wars" then anything we've seen since RotJ.

You literally have to read the books.

I wholey accept that scene as valid in a galaxy where the force exists.

the ships would just bunch up against each other. they'd get out, exchange insurance numbers, then send the ships in to touch up the paint jobs.

Also, consider the fact that non-jedi can use the force... Not necessarily control, but use.

The part that is really dumb is the idea that the one destroyer would cut right through the other under a set of physics that allowed the hammerhead to push it without damaging it or the hammerhead. I bet it would really result in one destroyer bouncing off the other and going in opposite directions. Its almost as stupid as Star Lord and gamorra surviving outer space without suits or helmets. DAMMIT...the destroyers would bounce off each other with no damages!!!! No Damages !!!!

he was a big guy

Do people not understand the Hammerhead was not traveling at full speed when it hit the SD?

this, assuming the ships are all made of the same comic-book indestructible material as the Hammerhead.

Honestly I might, MIGHT be able to accept the Hammerhead ramming into a Star Destroyer and not getting pancaked if it was literally solid with no voids. But if it's a spacecraft with a cabin it's dumb, that's a structural weakness for something like ramming. Rams need to be solid.

>then I think it would follow that the Star Destroyer's own engines would tear the ship apart when activated.
I love you Sup Forums your trolls are so much better than Sup Forums.

People simply done understand a virtually frictionless environment when they've live their whole lives with atmosphere and gravity.

I don't know, minor inconsistencies like this don't really seem to matter. What's important is that now, I can finally take Star Wars seriously, and be taken seriously for liking it.

>space is an infinite void
>somehow manage to crash into a spacecraft

There is suspension of disbelief and then there is "did not do the research"

This is the latter.

ACKSHULLY space isn't infinite. The Universe has a limit.

>He is a cuck
>Read the book

>what i found particularly interesting is that this ship is a republic cruiser from KOTOR, which takes place 4000 years before the movies
No that's a star wars rebels hammerhead, their design dates back 1000 years but the ships themselves are not that old

Correct. Its not like that. Only one of those destroyers was bombed and had its shields and engines disabled. One did not. The one that was not disabled was the one that got destroyed.

To have that hilarious scene at the end where he actually doesn't know who Jyn is

Is this a real part of a real star wars film? What the fuck

>using gravity logic in a zero-g environment

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>*inhales*
>*breathes in*

what did OP mean with this?

>research
>the force
Explain the force

prove it

Why would the star destroyers crumble like giant lego ships, thats the most retarded part about this

The Big Bang happened. Before that, there was nothing. No time, and no space.

Want me to prove the big bang? Cosmic microwave background radiation and red-shifted starlight.

prove that the radiation comes from a big bang

Yet another role where he isn't in charge

>arguing about the physics of a cool scene in a movie series about space wizards and laser swords
for what purpose?

it's a pretty dense subject to get into but the argument is there's so much and based on how it's distributed it couldn't have come from the universe itself. it's the residual energy of something more energetic than what is possible in the known universe.

I don't understand

first of all it's in orbit, not zero g, and secondly inertia doesn't care about gravity

they're drawing the line at ship collisions? but space magic is just part of the setting

all you have to do is slow this interaction down by a factor of 5 or so and it starts making a lot more sense, the large ship would need light sections and sturdy sections, and this basic plan would be public knowledge

still its weird that anyone would build a capital ship like this and not have a plan for this sort of thing

even normal ships are smart enough not to float right next to each other

this post is a little too on point, it's the only thing that prevents it from being really funny

>Ship is literally called a hammerhead
What else did you think it would do in this FANTASY WORLD

>Picture a tiny speedboat pushing the Titanic completely off course into an iceberg in 10 seconds

Except most of the resistance in that scenario would be the water around the Titanic.

Star Destroyers are in space, in a vacuum, there is no such resistance.

Pants on head retarded to be honest

Scientist here, everything checks out.