Why is this shit so overrated?

Why is this shit so overrated?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3JA0evif-mU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

but it's not

one of the best movies of all time

This is the truth. What's wrong with (You) OP?

That cover is comfy

Op here, disregard, I suck cocks

will she ever direct a good film again

>19 year old Scarlett Johansson in panties
>Why is this shit so overrated

the beguiling looks good
youtube.com/watch?v=3JA0evif-mU

undeniable GOAT soundtrack though

I feel like you have to be a clueless American to feel like that in Tokyo. Tokyo is cosmopolitan as fuck.

yeah if you arent a fucking weeb you'd get lost

In translation?

The signs I saw in English were all fine.

She was 18 when it was filmed, which makes it much better

>Great soundtrack
>Brilliant shots of Tokyo
>Captures ennui better than any other movie
>Prime Scarjo
>Bill Murray
Why don't you like it?

>film with Bill Murray and a prime Scarjo as bonus
OP you have shit taste and is also probably a flaming faggot

>>Captures ennui better than any other movie
Maybe if you're 15 years old and have only watched superhero movies before faggot

name a better one you fucking underage faggot

First world problems: the movie.

Because its overrated as shit that's how it is. The Bling Ring is underrated as fuck and her only good film.

If this movie didn't take place in Japan, it wouldn't be as well received.

Maybe you shouldn't call others faggots on the internet if you're going to imply they're 15.

>everyone wants to be food
I don't get it

If Star Wars didn't take place in Space, it wouldn't be as well received

hahahahahah

>you will never have a fun night out in Tokyo with 18 year old Scarlett Johansson

It's a chick flick. Don't watch it unless you're a girl.

fuck dumb as shit dumbass i've never seen someone as dumb as you seriously kill yourself underage nigger

Because post 1998 or so, any movie that is simply watchable is heralded as a masterpiece, because we only get about 2-3 great movies per year and maybe a dozen "good" movies. We are in the post-post modern era of art. It basically all sucks due to the Internet, which group think easier and now everyone just copies each other. There is no variation anymore.

it's not about that, it's about the fact that even if you did, you'd still feel like shit

>Because post 1998 or so, any movie that is simply watchable is heralded as a masterpiece
yep

Thanks for your insightful comment. It really made me think!

C L O S E M Y E Y E S

L

O

S

E

M

Y

E

Y

E

S

japan and tokyo seemed more fascinating and mysterious back then as an ultra modern metropolis
the cultural juxtaposition is still being done
>sometimes and city girl
>alone in kyoto
that's about it

>movie about existential despair, unfulfilled longing and the cruelty of ageing
>main leads don't pair off at the end
>chick flick

bruh

fucking THIS. lost in translation is one of the most depressing movies ever fucking made

>lost in translation is one of the most boring movies ever fucking made
ftfy

The only thing depressing about it is how boring it is.

>I have ADHD, I greatly enjoy the films of Max Landis and I literally cannot stop sucking cocks
ftfy

You must be 18 to post here

So, the movie magically becomes not boring when you turn 18?

MODS!!!

Pretty much. Same with a lot of other things in life, like talking with your parents or going out for dinner. Meanwhile things that used to seem risky and exciting, like binge drinking and being constantly horny, become exhausting and seem silly in hindsight.

You need at least a little bit of life experience to understand Bill Murray's character at all, let alone to fully appreciate the depth of the script and his performance.

I saw it recently, boring as fuck, made me feel really sleepy and lethargic. Didn't hold my attention at all. The ONLY decent part was the Suntory Time commercial at the beginning

>Max Landis
literally who?

C O M F Y
O
M
F
Y

The MOST comfy kino is existence.

He's an obnoxious twit who writes bad movies for people with the attention span of a goldfish and only got into the business through his father, a fairly prominent Hollywood figure who got away with manslaughter by negligence on the set of the Twilight Zone.

This

>Didn't hold my attention at all.
Name 5 movies that hold your attention

tfw me on the right, 14 years ago :'(

I'm old now and remarried and this movie still hurts

Neurotic nu-male that needs a slap on the face?

>appreciate the depth of the script

shit """film critics""" say

It's a chick flick. My ex let me fuck her ass then cum in her mouth after I pretended to enjoy it with her.

Thats disgusting

not exactly, just a husband that didn't appreciate what he had until it was gone

> about a man getting old
> still craving that prime pussy
> even if she wants you, you're too old to really connect, you're basically dehumanized by age

yeah, huge chick flick

the bling ring is absolute shite
and i say this even though Emma is best Emma

Disagree, they connected and Bill Murray could have tapped that if he was slightly less depressed.

>you're too old to really connect
the whole film was about the connection

this

The Blue movie
Taxi Driver
Adrift in Tokyo

>I have literally never seen any complex movie or art house film in my life
you guys are the equivalent of dad rockers claiming led zeppelin is omg best band of all time

liking the film doesnt equate thinking that it's the best film of all time. you sound like you're one of those capeshit or console war fags

I suggest that all of you go watch Adrift in Tokyo, even if you liked this movie or not.

It's kind of what this movie tried to be, but pure kino. Really comfy, really saddening and very memorable

that's pretty disgusting, you ever heard of e coli bro

nah dog im not claiming you said it's the best movie of all time, i'm just saying you like it because you haven't seen very much film

Is this a sequel to tokyo Drift?

whatever you say. you liking this and the amount of film you've seen have no correlation whatsoever.

10/10 pure kino, OP is a faggot cocksucker

yeah it does, it means you're a pleb and have nothing else for reference

>.

Ah, I see, you are, as they would say, like myself, a true kinosseur of the only the finest films from the great auteurs of our time, good sir

sure thing bud

Didn't like it the first time I watched it because there's not much of a plot but...so many vistas. Comfy movie to have on in the background.

>goo goo gaa gaa let me post this babbys first taste on the board dedicated for film
>nightmare before christmas is a 10/10 piece of """kino""" and if you don't agree you're a tryhard
take off that stupid hat, dogs cant wear hats

missing the point completely

Good rec. Both were pure kino in their own ways.

What I liked about LoT was how amazingly it captured the situation Bill and Scarlett were in. If you've never traveled and been in a troubled marriage it's harder to relate. I didn't understand this movie the first time I saw it when I was in my first happy marriage.

>Bill Murray could have tapped that if he was slightly less depressed.
Wouldn't have mattered even if he did.

>I have never felt out of place or alienated in my life

Maybe you'd relate if you ever left your mom's basement, faggot.

Is this movie about white (((white))) people who go to Japan and get depressed because they don't speak the language and are too dumb to navigate around the city? Like, does bill Murray get lost in a subway and can't find his way out?

it caters to privileged whites in a socially acceptable way
its the same way that shitty jazz drummer movie got an oscar, literally privileged white boy: the movie

the way it lulls people with the seduction of scar jo , being basically nude in the intro, on a high rise hotel, looking over a city, just being bored like a prissy little cunt

it demonstrates a situation a state of life that all people should aspire to, but never will be put in. so they all want to pretend its relatable, and thus an emotional story for them. the relatable story of being a priveledged white living in a high rise, meeting a movie star and hitting it off, and having a secret romance , when you are both already in a relationship

its literal white fantasy pleb tier pandering

same with whiplash, the fucking "im totally going to be great... its just society's fault for babying me!"

That's a long post for some (You)s

>Why is this shit so overrated?
Pretentious faggots like pretentious shit. That's all I can say. I have no idea why it receives such acclaim.

It's one of the worst movies that I've ever watched in my entire life, and I've seen my fair share of shit movies. It's just "Nothing happens: The movie!". It feels like it's 9 hours long.

The only thing I can imagine people liking about this SHIT is a young scarjo. That's it. Even Murray's shit.

>"im totally going to be great... its just society's fault for babying me!"

you LITERALLY didnt understand whiplash

DUDE I WATCHED A REFN FILM AND WANT TO REMAKE THIS MOVIE FOR NO REASON LMAO

There are plebs of this magnitude browsing Sup Forums RIGHT NOW

Adr1ft in Tokyo
Tokyo Drift
Tokyo Drift3r