2001 Space Odyssey

What is this Room/House?

alien trap house

Alien zoo. The aliens used their mind powers to create a space that would be familiar and comfortable for Dave.

Liminal space between dimensions.

It's a cage/habitat for humans. Specifically David.

Whatever you want it to be.

what
the monolith cant just chill out with a house guest?

it represents the confines of the film

A new body for man's evolving soul

i thought it was he died and went to afterlife?

Why can't they use their mind powers to create a space familiar and comfortable for me?

A mental space constructed by the ascended lifeforms he could comprehend and inhabit while undergoing the transformation into a superior being retard.

Reading the book explains everything

Hmmm, gee, I dunno, maybe it's because aliens don't fucking exist? Could that be it, maybe?

The book is superior, imo

Some faggot once posted stuff about it being a Renaissance styled room = rebirth of the dude.

That sounds like a music genre.

it's the monolith's bedroom and he's mad at the human sleeping in his bed

>The book is superior because it spoon feeds me everything, dosen't leave what dosen't need to be said unsaid, and tells me exactly what I should take away from the work so I don't have to really think about it and come to my own conclusions

This is why I hate "the book was better" faggots

My guess is that Dave is trapped into some much higher dimensional setting, and his brain, being unable to comprehend objects around him, goes haywire and just substitutes unintelligible reality with some stored models to ensure at least some interaction possibility. Hence the growing weirdness of his colored warp-travel, his body encountered some higher-dimensional settings and his sensory organs tried to take it all literally.

In the books, it's not so fancy. Just a hotel room that the aliens put together from TV images blasted out into space. There's also food packages, but the labels are blurry and inside is just a blue goop.

The Ayy lmaos found the Ligeti dimension to be too much for Dave so they created an hotel.

how does he have enough food to live off of in there?

kek

Alien Zoo/Bowman Mansion.

Also this (pic related)

The fuuuuck??

The water is also just pure H2O

On a completely surface level, maybe. The book was written with only snippets of detail given by Kubrick to Arthur C. Clarke.

shut the fuck up 90's born nigger