youtube.com/watch?v=II04E2GEJG8
youtube.com/watch?v=DW_4nNCBjXU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>ITT: dumb baits for maximum (You) gains

That swim scene is one of the best scenes in the whole series
youtube.com/watch?v=eVlP1Vng4qs

>Donald Drumpflets BTFO

Not bait.

Alien: Resurrection has a great plot of resurrection while being haunted of your past

Days of heaven is absolutely terrible

FUCK OFF!

I've been the only person saying this for years. I don't need your bitch ass jumping on the bandwagon now.

Alien > Aliens > Alien: Resurrection > Prometheus > Alien 3

I loved this special edition opening

>extreme close up of Alien looking face
>turns out to be a small bug
youtube.com/watch?v=zwCWzGje8Ds

One of the most intense scenes ever

OP said he likes Resurrection better than Aliens and you just ranked Aliens above it.

???

Is this with the assembly cut for Aliens 3 in mind? I watched the film for the first time yesterday and it was much better than I expected. The CGI was bad bud everything else was almost on par with the first 2 for me.

I forgot the differences that the special edition had. What were they again apart from Newt picture, different opening and extended Ripley clone?

Yeah I fucked up and this isn't reddit so I can't edit my post.

Alien 3 extended edition or what it's called is better due to more Golic. I like him and he was very underused in the theatrical cut.

They even cut out the whole scene how he cuts that guy's neck and let's out the Alien

Am I the only one who finds Aliens to be extremely, for a lack of better words to describe it, reddit? James Cameron always does this shit where he dumbs down the movie for the lowest fucking common denominator, with the exception of the first Terminator film. T2? Gotta have a kid there to make it lighthearted. An Alien sequel? Let's have generic badass muscled soldiers, oh and throw a kid somewhere in the story to make it more emotional. Avatar? Yeah lets make the aliens look like cute anime cat humanoids and have the planet a disneyland full of colorful and magical shit that looks again like we're in anime, that way we'll show how humans lives are boring and the aliens are superior because they live in this totally awesome planet.

Anyone who considers Aliens better than Alien is completely blinded by nostalgia. If they truly do believe it then i take their opinions less seriously.

Never seen the Alien 3 "assembly cut". Just figured it was some made up Sup Forums bullshit meme like the Topher Grace SW prequel cut.

I look at them as two very different takes on the same universe. Alien is a great claustrophobic monster movie and Aliens is a large scale action/adventure sci-fi movie. I like them equally.

First act of Aliens = masterpiece
Second act of Aliens = bland action tier flick

Am I correct?

The ship stuff before they go on the planet was very comfy and I wanted of it

>Ripley hearing about her mother passing away
>Ripley being in some VR garden

I did like some of the Alien scenes but a lot of it made it bland due to how easy the Aliens were killed.

Still, one of the most creepiest moments in the movie is when one of the guys has to look up at the ceiling and he sees dozen Aliens heading his way. That gives me the shivers due to how buglike they look.

>Let's have generic badass muscled soldiers, oh and throw a kid somewhere in the story to make it more emotional.
You literally just described the storyline of the new Predator movie

Then I can understand why so many people hated it. But with the extended edition the film was pretty good, not as good as the first 2 but still deserving of the name.

Give it a chance, I was surprised at how good the film was considering how everybody seemed to hate it. It's not amazing or anything but still decent.

The theatrical cut of Alien 3 is probably just as bad as Suicide Squad due to heaps cut out and it just doesn't feel complete whereas the longer cut really helps the movie.

The chestburster scene of Ripley in aliens is incredible.

I love the merch/games aliens provided, but I'm a big fan of aliens versus predator, Prometheus and alien 3.

I'm a huge practical FX nerd/sculptor and even if these movies suck, they're incredible looking.

This was honestly the greatest kino of the year

>I'm a huge practical FX nerd/sculptor
I wish I was your friend

I'm gonna watch resurrection tonight, which cut is the best? DC?

It really was. "You think, well can they swim?", and then you see them and are like "of course they not only fucking swim, they swim like sharks!""

>All these re-releases of the Alien movies
>No updated CGI edition
Why not? If you want to re-release 1 movie over 20 times then at least fix up the picture and make some changes.

Why would I wanna buy the movie again just for a new slipcase release with no new features?

I don't think we ever saw an Alien swim apart from one of the Aliens in the river getting Newt. But no one ever thought Aliens could breathe under water so this scene was a shock when audiences first saw it.

I see there's a "special edition". What's that?

Awww I'll be your friend user

Rob Zombie's Halloween II is better than Carpenter's Halloween.

And Carpenter is my favorite director.

>I see there's a "special edition". What's that?
Like all the Alien movies, just makes the movie longer. Watch that tho cos there is a good scene where they bring up Newt
see
idk why scenes like this get cut out of the theatrical

WARNING: There is a very creepy scene with a contaminated Ripley clone who is lying naked with such an awful ugly alien like body. I believe this scene is also on theatrical.

Just her lying like that and saying "Help me" always creeps me out

So is that scene not in the directors cut? I get that the theatrical is not the best but which one is best between "special" and DC?

:)

>So is that scene not in the directors cut?
both of the scenes I mentioned is in.

Just watch the director's cut

I like the new opening instead of just close ups of ripley clone

oops that picture was meant for a comment about wanting to make a far cry movie and since u said u were a sculptor than imaging what we could accomplish.

meh nevermind

That scene when the Alien kills other Aliens while in the cage was really cool. The practicals were so good there

>Alien kills other Aliens so their acid blood can cut thru the floor and he can escape
pretty based

>that scene where scientists try to escape in a ship but Aliens are hiding inside and kill them
Very terrifying. I can bet that Ridley's Covenant won't be as scary

I've looked into it and it seems like the directors cut IS the theatrical. So I'm guessing you mean the special edition (the extended one not in theaters)? Sorry for being so confused and confusing.

I thought the special edition was the director's cut... well then watch the SE then my bad

That's the only really good sequence in the movie, though.

This order is correct

No problem, thanks user.

you should stay on reddit faggot

>Alien 3 "assembly cut"

It is still bad, the idea it has merit is a meme.

You should kill yourself.

It was controversial at the time, fans were split about it

The assembly cut is still worse than Resurrection.

There wasn't a script for the movie, it's a bad movie.

>WARNING:
>very creepy scene
>awful ugly
fuck off tumblr

nobody said that they could breathe underwater, I'm assuming they are just holding their breath for a longer time

test screenings ruined alien 3

the production ruined alien 3

also fincher
I mean you have aliens with tens of well done aliens and then we have that stupid looking thing
It looks so fucking bad

A lot of things ruined alien 3, test screenings being about the least of it.

They built the set before they had a script, and the script was written as they shot, and when the script was changed they had to reshoot the scene again.

The only thing they got right was hiring David Fincher, and that was extremely lucky because before this, Fincher only shot music videos and advertisements etc.

If it was anyone else but him, no one would even think for a second that 3 was better than 4. But, he has a cool style and a big name.

But really, it's just an atrocious film and no one on set was to blame at all.

agreed, Zombie's H2 is one of the best horror movies of the century... as a past sufferer of rough PTSD it's fucking devastating

The original script seemed pretty awesome

This was a positive change in the special edition

youtube.com/watch?v=II04E2GEJG8

Wino 4evs

>Alien: Resurrection > Prometheus > Alien 3

Aliens is just Them! with xenomorphs instead of giant ants

What is it with Alien movies and axes?

I agree. Anyone who thinks Yad Nub is a better song is entirely wrong

>Ripley hearing about her mother passing away

It was her daughter you dolt. Stop tweeting on your phone while watching movies.

>closes the box set after the Alien 3 page
What was her problem?
youtube.com/watch?v=DW_4nNCBjXU

>It was her daughter you dolt.
oops my bad. still a good scene that cameron shouldn't have deleted

Yub Nub is good and was a nice ending when it was just the star wars trilogy. Victory Celebration works better as an end to the 6 movie saga.

nah Victory Celebration works better in general. Yud Nub is more of a theme just for the Ewoks

Alien > Aliens > AR > Alien 3.

Victory Celebration wouldn't work at all if there weren't all those shots of the other planets

It definitely had the scariest sexiest aliens out of the movies.

honestly, has any monster design ever come close to being this effective? I cannot think of one in the same league, at least in film. There might be some in vidyas, though

The gremlins from the first gremlins movie came close for me when I was a kid. Especially stripe.

yup, some of the best looking Aliens ever

It is better than 3 but no, it is not better than Aliens.

Resurrection is also better than anything in the franchise that has come out since it did.

3 is the best Alien. best acting, best setting, best dialogues, most clever storyline, best ending.
also, less extreme but T1 is better than T2

>but T1 is better than T2
anyone who would argue with this truly has no taste. T2 could of had Schwarzenegger replaced with a dog, and kept the same amount of depth.

>T1 is better than T2
I am pretty sure most agree with this

Brundlefly and the the thing come close for me. But they're more disgusting than threatening.

But thats kinda the point. Its not that the aliens are just terrifying, its that their kinda aesthetic as well, like panthers or something. They look intimidating, but also beautiful and proportionate.

Probably not. They really are incredible, they look both disgusting and like something that could actually exist.

i srsly dont get the hatred for aliens:ress

the effects are cool

>Let's have generic badass muscled soldiers

complaining about this seems more reddit then liking Aliens

have you ever been mistaken for a man?