Interstellar....the worst film of all time

In my opinion, this is the worst film ever and I have seen Blade Runner and Prometheus.

Interstellar.....the most self indulgent piece of crap ever made.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=m3zvVGJrTP8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Nice profound and thought out criticism you got there senpai

>brainlet can't understand interstellar proceeds to hate it

stick to capeshit lmao

Tyson is a lying, crack smoking, trickster.

Are those arguments ? From le smurt bleck mane ? Noone of these shine a light on Interstellar, and I enjoy the movie a lot.

The film has its flaws but its a great effort nonetheless. The world is a richer place for it being made.

These attention whore exaggerations are so pathetic.

Really? Worst ever? Worse than some random B grade rom com from the 90s?
Worse than a Uwe Boll film?
Fuck off

It is a good movie senpai. Not perfect, but then what is?

Citizen Kane is the worst piece of shit movie I've ever seen and I've seen shit television like Sopranos and The Wire.
Shawshank Redemption....the most racist, homophobic CGI ridden crapfest ever made.

Best post itt

>A mostly loved film
>The worst film OF ALL TIME

Chances are, OP, that you are full of crap.

I also thought it was retarded. on many levels.

>ey yo mane lets fly to a black hole and check if we can live on that planet

You could live on a planet orbiting a black hole if it's well behaved enough.

> this is the worst film ever
That's just obviously not true and you know it isn't. It may not be a great film, it may even be shit, but it certainly isn't the worst ever.

You're either baiting or just exaggerating. If you'd just said "it wasn't very good" I'd have agreed.

no you couldn't

>no sun light means nothing grows

I'd probably debate you on that but I haven't got the energy desu. We still haven't even seen a blackhole (pun intended), let alone fully understand the effects it has on matter, space and time.

Accretion discs emit light
We've seen them indirectly, and the geometry of space outside them is well understood. Inside not so much.

>Intardsteamer
>Poormoviethis

>...Blade Runner

what did onan mean by this autistic non sequitur...?

I'm talking about SUN LIGHT

you know light is not just light, its about wavelenghts n shit you dumb motherfucker.

FUCKYEAH

This, fucking retarded.

Accretion discs can emit light in visible+IR spectrum.

>go to space to find new planet near a black hole and you also have to send mathew mccohonnoey through some warp portal or some shit wasting trillions if not gorrillions of dollars
>not just building underground greenhouses using cheap thorium reactors to produce heat, light and crops

Intershitlar = FULL RETARD : The Movie

>"what do you mean we can't live on a planet with ankle deep water?"

Hey, OP. Have you ever seen people mocking millenials tendency towards hyperbole? It's you they're making fn of. Just thought I should let you know.

The ending, when he "enters" the black hole, was very (particularly) unrealistic. Complete fantasy.

The director wanted to remake 2001:ASO or something. But doing so while saying that his film is all about "Ssceience and sheeit"

>military collapsed in Interstellar
>Nasa didn't

why is this movie so retarded?

One of the best sci fi films ever made.

>they can send depressing videos with audio through black holes, the entire galaxy back and forth
>can't send unmanned drones to make the planet survey
>nope gotta send Mathew Mccohoonhoey on a suicide mission

>wanted to remake 2001
That's what the movie felt like.

Delete this

interstellar accurately shows scientific bullshit but is retarded in how the film uses it for drama. the drama is like a solid 4/10

>worst of all time
no
>bad
sure

it's literally a modern liberal fantasy

so why did they need a giant rocket to take off from earth, but that little lander ship could easily fly into space from the water planet with even stronger gravity than earth?

>The ending, when he "enters" the black hole, was very (particularly) unrealistic. Complete fantasy.
user, the ENTIRE scientific premise of the movie was unrealistic, not just the ending.

Fucking hell, lads. What books do you read?

To safe fuel i guess.

>go to distant planet
>don't scan it from orbit before landing

The last 30 mins or so were silly, but overall the film was an enjoyable experience. The only reason i haven't rewatched it is because it's over 3 hours.

>go to see Intersellar
>it's shit
>friend and I convince our other friend it's great
>he won't watch
>continue this for years
>both forget about lying about how good Intersellar is one day and reveal the truth
>it was more fun to lie about it for years than actually seeing it was

They send them through the wormhole, not the black hole. They are two different things.

>travel to planet where time passes more slowly than in real life
>on hour on the planet is like 15 years on earth
>hey guys we know this is going to be super dangerous we have to be quick
>don't realize that the astronaut who went there in the first place had only been on the planet for 45 minutes until they actually get there
>my fucking face when

I love this meme where we all pretend to be fast rotational supermassive black hole experts, so funny hehe

Gotta love it when kids call a critically acclaimed recent movie the worst film he's ever seen in an effort to look cool on the internet.

>tfw just got back home from lecture on black hole thermodynamics

I enjoyed interstellar but it really needed a more plausible threat to mankind the blight is dumb as shit.

>It's impossible to isolate an environment from the blight on earth
>but it's somehow possible to launch blight-free ships and stations

You can take the biggest most acclaimed experts on black holes and they would not get to any consensus because we still know 0.1% about their behaviour.
We don’t even know if wormholes are possible or not.

So Nolan used those available meme theories to present his artistic vision of it.

We know more than you think.
Wormholes are very well understood, the only problem is that they require negative energy densities which is forbidden classically.

>We know more than you think.
>Wormholes are very well understood

How does the brain of a person like this even work? We don't know or understand anything. All we have are theories.

Theories that are well supported by measurements.

>Wormholes are very well understood

lmao
Yes we can theorize on how would they work, but we still don’t know if they even exist.

If nothing, the movie gave us an amazing soundtrack
youtube.com/watch?v=m3zvVGJrTP8

You're a fucking moron. We don't even know what gravity is yet and you think we can understand black holes or wormholes. What a dumbass.

>When contrarianism goes too far

>In my opinion, this is the worst film ever and I have seen Blade Runner and Prometheus.
Wow, what an impressive resume. It's incredible how you arrived at this conclusions by seeing just THREE (3) movies.

One of the worst movies I've ever seen. Don't wish it on anyone to see it other than to help their sleep.

Like when Neil DeGrasse Tyson quipped that ‘if ever there were a species for which sex hurt, it surely went extinct long ago.’ It’s a perfect Tyson fact, true because it’s basically tautologous, its scientific quality having everything to do with the idea that actual phenomena are just instantiations of abstract laws, and nothing to do with any scientific observation, such as listening to the yelps of cats fucking at night, or to women. Or when his TV show Cosmos described the sixteeth-century astrologer Giordano Bruno as a martyr for science, executed by the Catholic church for proposing a heliocentric solar system. See how the idiots persecute us, the rational, with their superstition and their hostility to objective thought. The reality – that Bruno believed in magic, worshipped the ancient Egyptian god Thoth, and was executed not for heliocentrism but for denying the divinity of Christ – is ignored, because that isn’t Fucking Science Love. Or when he decided that ‘Italy valued cathedrals while Spain valued explorers. So worldwide, five times as many people speak Spanish than Italian.’ A spurious reconstruction of the past from present conditions, or the I Fucking Love Scientific theory of history: successful tribes were populated by little atavistic Carl Sagans; if Italians didn’t slaughter millions in the New World it isn’t because the peninsula was at the time fractured into multiple city-states (some of them occupied by, uh, Spain) which supplied significant amounts of capital rather than colonists, it’s because they weren’t interested in spaceships.

That is why I say "particularly". That scene is probably the worst part

Interstellar is objectively 9/10 and the best sci-fi movie of the 21st century. It makes 2001 look like a joke movie.

Sure, we don't know if they do exist. We can still know a lot about their properties if they did.
I'm not saying we understand them completely, we do understand them quite a bit though.

Science discussion aside, the movie is about how our perception of reality, our ideas, our viewpoints and our feelings (except for love MAYBE) can change drastically through time and space. Not the first time Nolan does this. Remember, You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

It did not. And one of the reasons is the simplistically emotional traits. Interstellar is a movie made for everyone (normies)

Essentially a dumbed-down "adaptation"

it could have been 9/10 but a few things hold it back like a vaguely defined, incredible doomsday scenario.

I repeat you're a fucking idiot. You don't even understand what what stops you from flying off into space right now and you have the gall to suggest black holes and wormholes are understood.

Could you shove more baits in one post?

>I'm a brainlet who knows nothing therefore everyone else know nothing

>and I have seen Blade Runner

Opinion discarded.

>le oppressive scientists
Wew

Nobody understands how gravity works retard. Figure that out and then mayeb I'll listen to your opinions on black holes.

Yes we do, just not at the quantum level.

Why does Tyson seem so smug and annoying while Sagan seemed so pleasant and benign?

why the fuck should there be 'emotional depth', are you a girl or some faggot? They respond realistically and it's just an interesting concept that humanity in the future knows itself so well that it realises emotions and bonds are the most reliable way humans express themselves across time and space. A mother will defend her child just as fiercely now as they would have in ancient times.

>They respond realistically

Sure if you consider that stupid woman wasting over 10 years of everyones time to ignore a direct order realis... Ohhhhh

>no not that kind of light
>the other kind of light
wew

>direct measurements of wormholes
Did you use a wormhole to travel here from some parallel universe in which these actually exist?

Shut up you dumb dumb wormholes are actually very well understood.

Wow I was expecting a post with links to data but I guess shitposting is fine too

FOR THE LAST TIME

it's not trying to be 2001
it's not trying to be the smartest movie ever
when asked what his main point of reference was for Interstellar, Nolan said he wanted to capture a similar feeling to Raiders Of The Lost Ark
he's not trying to be Kubrick

it's a movie expressing a personal thesis of hope and optimism in the face of formidable existential threats, celebrating the human spirit of exploration, and suggesting transhumanism as humanity's ultimate goal. all of these things are subjective and I'm much more pessimistic as Nolan but that's all the movie is, it's not trying to be smarter than it is, it's a communication of one man's personal beliefs through the medium of film, simple as that.

see

It is a pretty bad movie. The production is great. But, Nolan can't tell a story or direct anything with dialogue. It's also one of those flicks that appeals the 'I fucking love science' redditors, because you know, if you like Intetstellar you're basically Einstein.

>theory predicts x, y and z
>measure x and y
>theory matches measurements

Congratulations, you can now make educated guesses on z.

>t. Reddit

>why the fuck should there be 'emotional depth', are you a girl or some faggot?

On the contrary. If I am complaining about emotional simplicity, is because I don't want the film to rely on emotions.

Perhaps you are the little girl.

you obviously haven't seen that many movies

>I have no arguments, so I'll just call him Reddit

>Nolan can't tell a story or direct anything with dialogue

Nolan has said multiple times now that Dunkirk will have as minimal as possible dialogue in it, that he wassurprised that the studio heads even accepted it.
Smells like kino to me.

>thorium
Hey look, an user more retarded than people who like interstellar.

Are you saying reddit is the only place for decent discussion?

Some movies, tv shows, bands, etc. are hated because of their obnoxious fanbases. With Interstellar it's the opposite. Its more persistent critics are so retarded, you just can help but appreciate it more and more.

I remember how all the passionate haters went through countless of rants here when it was released claiming how "no one will talk about this in a month or two anymore"

And here we are 3 years later still having basically daily Interstellar threads with +100 posts easy.

>daily
Maybe on r/movies

>daily Interstellar threads with +100 posts easy.
we have maybe bi-weekly threads and all of them are the same shit
>it's awesome!
>no its shit
>the black hole stuff doesn't make any sense
>muh science experts said it's perfect!
these threads are fucking horrible and barely worse than the movie itself

>the worst film of all time
That's good, OP. That clearly means that you haven't seen a lot of shit movies.

I know. And It's not an over complex story. Actually, I think it's very simple and straightforward. I guess many insecure fucks felt dumb for not "getting the science" and decided that the whole movie was crap to somehow feel less dumb. Well, their mistake is a pretty basic one, to assume that theoretical physics is the core issue rather than a mere excuse to tell a compelling story. Interstellar is about the human condition, not about singularities.

I know. And It's not an over complex story. Actually, I think it's very simple and straightforward. I guess many insecure fucks felt dumb for not "getting the science" and decided that the whole movie was crap to somehow feel less dumb. Well, their mistake is a pretty basic one, to assume that theoretical physics is the core issue rather than a mere excuse to tell a compelling story. Interstellar is about the human condition, not about singularities.

*fucked the reply. Newfag here

Besides some lackluster writing, Prometheus wasn't that bad.

Sunshine was worse.

Blade runner was worse.
>Harrison ford mumbles and lazily narrates you to sleep: the movie

In what regard?

must admit i got memed by Sup Forums on not watching this movie

last month i came to my senses because of qt mackenzie and it happened to be a 9/10 film

>Being stupid enough to listen to Sup Forums
>Ever
It's your own fault, user.