Characters who did absolutely nothing wrong

Characters who did absolutely nothing wrong.

You only want to hate him, because he fills all the tropes of the douchebag. Except when you actually examine his actions, it's clear he was a good guy from the very start, and you prejudged.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4yQQqVxho40
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Because of this place I forgot his name isn't really Chad

The one on the right needs to eat something.

Steve is a bro and deserves better.

Obligatory

youtube.com/watch?v=4yQQqVxho40

I guess the closest I can think is him standing by as his friends were douchebags and I don't recall whether or not he was actually talking shit about Jon when he was hanging up flyers for his brother.
He got the girl, what more does he deserve?

I liked it

The girl still has feelings for Jonathan, and kissed him when giving him his Christmas present. She's not as committed as he is, and will likely continue to lead Jonathan on.

Steve deserves better than her.

>I did one good thing so obviously I'm a good character

Can't believe people fall for this.

It was a friend kiss and even if it wasn't they went through some shit together.
And Nancy is a good girl, even if she has feelings it's not like she'd cheat on him.
In fact the reasons why Nancy acted that way in the first place are the reasons why Steve loves her.

A thicc goddess like Barb.

He did THREE nice things and one of those nice things was fight a fucking monster from another dimension he just found out about.
Steve seemed like a douche but he's a pretty cool guy with shitty friends.
I'm sure Steve is into girls with pulses.
And eyeballs.

>I'm confident and charismatic, so I'm a bad character.

>In fact the reasons why Nancy acted that way in the first place are the reasons why Steve loves her.
...what? You're saying Steve likes that Nancy likes another guy?
>It was a friend kiss
It wasn't, and you know it.

I heard Steve is a really swell dude in rea life. Quite the opposite the guy who played John looks like a douchebag

It was a kiss on a cheek.
And he likes that Nancy is a person who cares about people.
Also Jon let her leave the room in the hospital. He resigned that it shouldn't happen. He didn't pursue, she didn't pursue, for the moment they just want to be friends.

You're not making any sense. How is "letting" Nancy leave the hospital some kind of significant gesture? Are you suggesting that because he has feelings for her, he should be shadowing her every move? I don't get it. She left, because it was time for her to go. He stayed, because he wanted to be with his brother.

But the kiss clearly meant something. Nancy delivered it in an awkward way, they both reacted in an awkward way. Jonathon clearly enjoyed it. The kiss was a little more meaningful than just being friends. You can see it in their faces, and how the show makes the point of emphasizing their reactions.

he raped that sickly chick by getting her drunk

Steve did some things that were shitty, but he's a damned teenager in high school. Teens do stupid shit, but he overcame himself and wanted to be a good dude.

I like that they turned that trope on its head.

>Steve did some things that were shitty
Like...?

>show goes out of its way to show it's subverting a tired 80s trope
>YOU MIGHT WANT TO HATE HIM BUT HE DID NOTHING WRONG

Yeah not shit, good job feeling exactly the way the show's creators intended you to feel.

Gave in to peer pressure and spraypainted Nancy being a whore all over town

Shit talking Jon's family is basically it.
Oh and wanting to lie to the cops when Barb went missing to cover his ass.
He watched his buddies do it.

He had good reason to believe he was being cucked. He was hurt. It wasn't the best way to react. But far from "shitty".

No it was shitty but it was understandable.
Like Jon being a creep was creepy but understandable.

>Show goes out of its way to show it's subverting a tired 80s trope.
>People still call Steve a bad guy.
>Make a point that addresses those people.
>Some faggo uses the opportunity to try and act smarter than everyone.

No, it's not shitty if it's true. Which he had good reason to believe that it was the truth.

Jon didn't have any reason to take creepy pictures. He was just being a voyeur.

In what world is it not shitty? Only in a teenager's mind which, again, is typical and understandable. People have to develop.

He obviously felt bad about it later, and personally worked at washing all of it down.

You know... actual character arc.

Even if it was true, it'd still be shitty. Two people being shitty (her cheating, his going all in with spraypainting that all over town) does not make either thing not shitty.

>In what world is it not shitty?
The world where you don't allow yourself to be cucked. In what world do you allow someone to cheat on you with zero repercussions?

I have seen many, many times more people complaining about people complaining about him than the act itself.

user, all you're saying is "I'm a shitty person", which sort of negates everything you said earlier

>spraypainting that all over town
I like how you diminish her actions by calling them "that". What's "that"? Toy with his heart, thinking he was getting into a real relationship, and then fuck around with another dude?

Why is it, that the truth is shitty, when it happens to make someone look bad? No one would care he he sprayed hearts with S+N in the middle. That would be sweet. But when the truth is being a cheating whore, then suddenly he's shitty for spraying it?

Airing your fucking laundry without atleast confronting your gf when you think you're being cucked especially when we KNOW that's not the reality is really shitty. But understandable since he got overtaken by anger and didn't think straight.

Jon's reason for taking the pictures is because he was lonely loser and he lives vicariously through his subjects. Jon knows he'll never have what they're having so he took it the only way he knew he'd ever get it. It was creepy but it made sense for Jon's character.
You know there are actions between lying over and letting your girlfriend take it and letting goons vandalize the town to embarrass

Because one is embarrassing her without even confronting her about what he saw and the other is a cheesy love letter.

Really reaching hard there. I said her cheating, and you focused on the direct part after that said "that" (without repeating what was already said).

You're either a teenager or mentally underdeveloped. This is obvious shit here.

>her cheating, his going all in with spraypainting that all over town
>her cheating, his going all in with spraypainting her cheating all over town
Does this satisfy your autism? Nobody talks like that, people use pronouns when in the same sentence.

You reek of /r9k/. Spraying S+N hearts all over town would be cringy and embarassing. Just as embarassing as being so emotionally hurt over a girl that you start spraying "Nancy is a dirty whore" all over town. Either action is embarassing and in the real world, people would laugh at Steve for making a fool of himself.

>Airing your fucking laundry without atleast confronting your gf when you think you're being cucked especially when we KNOW that's not the reality is really shitty.
Right, *we* know that's not reality. But that's not what the character knows. Please try to separate reality from fiction.
As far as Steve knows, he saw Nancy cheating with his own two eyes. What is there to talk about? He confronts her, and then what? Gives her a chance to feed him lies? That's a waste of time and energy.

If you're a cheater, you don't get a say in what laundry gets aired. You fucked up. And if you're cheated on, you decide what laundry gets aired, because you were wronged.

>Jon's reason for taking the pictures is because he was lonely loser and he lives vicariously through his subjects. Jon knows he'll never have what they're having so he took it the only way he knew he'd ever get it. It was creepy but it made sense for Jon's character.
It made sense for Jon's character to be a creep, yes. But it was not morally justifiable. Not even Jonathan attempts to justify it. He says perfectly clear that there is no excuse for his actions. He was wrong. Taking those pictures was not tolerable.

>You know there are actions between lying over and letting your girlfriend take it and letting goons vandalize the town to embarrass
I will say, it was shitty on behalf of the property owners. He shouldn't have vandalized their property. No excuse for that. But that's as far as I'm allowing in the shitty scale.

Yes, what you're saying is exactly how a teenager thinks. This is why what Steve does is partially excusable, because we understand he's at the stage of mental development, and he makes up for it later.

Crown Prince Leopold in The Illusionist

>People still call Steve a bad guy.

Literally no one is saying this, cuckquean.

>Because one is embarrassing her without even confronting her about what he saw
Why would he confront her, when he saw with his own eyes?

I guess I skipped a couple words when reading, my mistake.
My point still stands though. You can't diminish the cause of his actions. As the cause of one's behavior is a large factor in deciding if their actions are shitty or not.

>My point still stands though. You can't diminish the cause of his actions. As the cause of one's behavior is a large factor in deciding if their actions are shitty or not.
You're missing what everyone else is saying here, though. His emotional kneejerk and the resulting action is what you'd expect a teenager to do, because they're still immature. It's not a real justification, it's still shitty, but understandable.

He's redeemed because he tries to fix it later, and goes to help them by the end of the series. Character development and shit.

Even if Steve was just running around with a bullhorn screaming his girlfriend cucked him it's still kinda shitty.
JUST TALK TO THE BITCH then move on from there. Jon being a creep is no more morally justified then Steve's shittiness.
He saw people sitting on a bed.
>"what were you and Jon doing?"
>"He was helping me try to find out what happened to missing friend you totally dismissed"
And that's technically not even a lie.
But even then your mentality really speaks to how shitty what Steve did since you already refuse to believe anything Nancy would have to say in her defense.

Are you kidding? The inspiration for this thread, came from watching a video where someone was trying to label Steve as a douche in the beginning, but then growing into a nice guy. In order to subvert the trope and all that nonsense.(god I hate any conversation where the word "subvert" is used)

My point is that Steve was always the nice guy from the very beginning.

Gaston

>My point is that Steve was always the nice guy from the very beginning.
The point is that you have no point, but he may have inwardly been a "good guy", but he behaved like a shitty person (which teenagers are bound to do). His actions were louder than whatever he felt.

He later amended his actions by trying to fix his shitty mistakes, and actually ACTED like a good person.

That saying and all. We judge ourselves by our thoughts, but others by their actions.

>This is why what Steve does is partially excusable
Again, what did Steve do that needed excusing? Aside from defiling property.
Be charming?
Get the girl?
Show his friends a good time?
Stand up to the creep taking pictures of him and his friends?

>thread summary:
>OP: I have an underdeveloped understanding of actions and morality
>repeat ad nauseam

There, nobody else has to waste their time

Steve was a mild douche at points but the typical cliche is he's a mild douche who is either a total monster or a coward. Whereas he was a mild douche who turned out to be a brave nice guy.
Defiling property and jumping to conclusions about his gf.

>His emotional kneejerk
how is it an emotional kneejerk? You only label it as such, because as the audience, we know the truth. Because we have the luxury of understanding, his actions might appear impulsive. But in reality, they were fairly well measured.

A "kneejerk" reaction, would be to immediately confront Nancy and/Jonathan in a hostile manner. But instead, he and his friends got a couple cans of paint, and wrote some words. Like a day or two after.

>got the girl

Implying she won't dump him in S2.

maybe if they introduce a black guy or an older chad.

Impulsive actions based on a lack of understanding are practically the definition of kneejerk.
Yes we have the luxury of understanding, and he just ran off with his assumptions and did some stupid shit.

>JUST TALK TO THE BITCH
About what?

>"what were you and Jon doing?"
>"He was helping me try to find out what happened to missing friend you totally dismissed"
He was helping her, by laying in her bed? That doesn't make sense. And if it was so important, why couldn't she go to Steve? He didn't say he wouldn't help her find her friend. He simply didn't know how important the matter was, because Nancy didn't communicate openly with Steve. She withheld.

>he behaved like a shitty person
No he didn't.

>he's a mild douche
You guys keep saying that, without any real evidence.

>Defiling property and jumping to conclusions about his gf.
Defiling property was wrong. But that was under extenuating conditions.

Like I said, he didn't act impulsively. At least, not in the moment. He acted at a later point of time, after some thought.
And you're not fairly measuring his understanding of the situation, because you're comparing it to the audience's understanding of the situation. You have to look at it from the character's perspective. From his perspective, he had a reasonable grasp of the matter. His girlfriend blew him off to be with the other guy,, and that other guy ends up comforting her in her bedroom at night, during a time where not even he can get through the front door.

He saw him put a cover over her shoulders on the bed. He could have actually confronted her about what he saw. Either believe her or think she's lying and tell her to fuck off. Either more mature responses than tagging the city. Even Steve agrees that was a shitty response in hindsight.
She couldn't ask Steve for help because Steve already made it clear that covering his own ass was more important than Barb to him.
And he was fucking wrong entirely.
Just because you can see how someone can jump to a conclusion doesn't make it okay that they jumped to it in the first place.
I said it already.
Making fun of Jon and his missing brother, and wanting to lie to the cops instead of try to help Barb.

Even I'm sick of my own thread. We're talking in circles. It's super annoying.

see
OP is young, leave it alone.

Cute froggo

>Characters who did absolutely nothing

muh dick

Hey man, I respect that user. He formulated arguments, addressing all my points, in an articulate manner. His insistence has left me beat. Not persuaded, but too exhausted to continue arguing.

While you, attempt to reduce the conversation into base ad hominems. It is you who is too ill-equipped to respond in an emotionally mature way.

>samefagging
user...

What? Who do you think I am?

NANCY A CUTE

Jon was universally hated (for good reasons) so him being extra creeper made the cucking double bad. Steve was put in a bad position for hating Jon even though he was right.

I don't know who that is or what this thread about but I really hate this guys face. I bet he likes men too.

>Hating men.
>>>/tumblr/

wew lad, are you a psychopath?
he comes across as a warm-spirited, friendly dude!

I only hate him for becoming Betish towards the end.

He was absolutley in the right everywhere else

This is the best child series i have ever watched. I am 30 years old and i cried at the end. I am waiting for second season. This guy also good guy. But i waited from the girl for choosing other guy. Child actors and Eleven was also very good.

>faggot creeper taking pics of your girl

Steve did nothing wrong

Do anybody hated him? What the fuck, i thought everybody loved this dude. He was a bro. The only two times he acted like a douchebag he did it with good intentions. Even if he was stupidly irrational.