/lbg/ - letterboxd general

Marcel Hanoun edition

qotd: whos your favourite user who has watched at least one Hanoun? and why is it slept?

Other urls found in this thread:

letterboxd.com/robertopancake/
letterboxd.com/FutureDays/
letterboxd.com/steakbro/list/lbg-s-favorite-films/
letterboxd.com/steakbro/list/100/
letterboxd.com/machill54/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Michael Mann fans are all plebs.

mfw dropout_cuck is 13

this is a good OP
So, I just made a stream site and I wanna test it out. Anyone wanna club a short kino like Ménilmontant or Hotel Montery?
or both?
nausea.club

wtf I have a virus now

good!
when my brother leaves i'll stream some silent kino, he's banging out nas in the kitchen atm

When do you become full kino?

megaautist doesn't know shit since he hasn't seen any hanoun

sorry for slow reply megaautist, no posts since I said I was going to work have been me, I think you might be banned now so idk if you will read this (probably you will)

the 30s schlock wasn't bad because it was 30s necessarily, it was just bad, I didn't enjoy watching it. I've watched plenty of schlock from other decades that I also hated, the ones in my top list are the ones that hit the right spot with me

They all sit aside each other because I like them and think they are good. Sinful dwarf does have hammy acting but it also creates this really wonderfully nasty atmosphere, the kind hack reviewers would say 'it made me wanna take a damn shower after!!!!' Id recommend watching it if you haven't, it rules

I don't know where the preconception came from

Griffith isn't there because I haven't seen any Griffith, perhaps he would be there. And that isn't 'the top 100 movies' it's 100 movies that I have seen and love and would recommend other people watch

>OHHH wow i am suCH a cinema geek!
>what are your favorite directors?
>ohhhh...yknow like Griffith (da best!) and adam sandlerer

letterboxd.com/robertopancake/

Just broke 1,400 fellas.

Portrait of a Young Girl at the End of the ’60s in Brussels was a great coming of age flick for despondent teens.

Bogie gave a fantastic performance in In a Lonely Place and had me on my toes throughout the film.

Forty Guns was a great western that subverted some cliches of the genre.

Key Largo is another classic by the mortal god that is Huston.

I have reviews if you wanna know more of my thoughts.

Probably 27amdi34

Congrats friend, hope you make it to 1700 by the end of the year.

I probably won't, but I'm on pace for 365 this year, so I'm happy about that. Thanks for the words of encouragement, though.

Explain this faggots

quality semen demons in that recent history

>ywn marry a qt gunsmith

I had the same problems with salvation that i had with small crimes. It's like deliberately trying to make the most bland western possible. Everything in this film has been done better in other films. And there is no original spin in it. Nothing new or interesting that justifies it's existence. I don't even think it works as a simple throwback western flick. Mads can't save it.

letterboxd.com/FutureDays/

Objectively Bogart's best role. Light years ahead of anything else

In a Lonely Place or Key Largo?

I should have specified. In a lonely place.

Yeah he really was something else in that. Bogart can play the cool, calm and collected type, but can also be totally consumed by rage, greed, etc. He's one of the best.

Previous thread:

wow i never would have found it otherwise, thanks my valuable man

Mann is the most popular director on /lbg/ it seems, but did any of his films even place in /lbg/'s top ten? Has anyone got the image with the results?

>Mann is the most popular director on /lbg/ it seems,
Literally just two guys, Tsar and Nosaj, spamming him.

>but did any of his films even place in /lbg/'s top ten?
No, Miami Sup Forumsice had only 2 votes. Heat, Public Enemies, and Thief each had 1 vote.

>Has anyone got the image with the results?
kys

I saw Salvation in theaters and slept through a good half hour of it.

among the many bad ideas it has going on:
>hiring Eva Green as the mol
>oh and she's mute

Found this list: letterboxd.com/steakbro/list/lbg-s-favorite-films/

why people always choose the same films again and again? the circlejerk must end, eventually

>letterboxd.com/steakbro/list/100/
>10 cartoons
>61 films released in the past 6 years
>Assassin's Creed
>Batman vs Superman
>Blackhat
>Foxcatcher
>Locke
>Drive
>Speed Racer
lmaooooooooo

It's too general. It would be more fun to do something like /lbg/ favorite silent films or favorite films from eastern europe or favorite classic Hollywood.

>mfw none of my picks are mentioned here
whew

so the school is just a school? or is some kind of purgatory or kind of place between heaven and earth for children, o maybe a place before birth, and i kinda get the symbology at the end with the boy and the water, but what do you think about it?
Also /lbg/ give me something different this time, i thiking about watching bird people in china ,

holy fuck you might genuinely be a retard
never watch an arthouse film again you stinky mexican

senpai how you interpret these films is entirely up to you

you should watch some Taiwanese kino, Millennium Mambo, Yi Yi, Cafe Lumiere, Starry Starry Night

letterboxd.com/machill54/

tfw 4 in a row no hearts

>no hearts

so?

Who the fuck voted for citizenfour?

you're a fucking retard

Why not do it with elimination rounds? Whatever gets more than a certain number of votes goes onto the next round and everyone votes on it, etc, until a final top ten is reached. Actually, that would be retarded and full of compromise, your idea sounds better. Now who will implement it?

That's stupid too. It should be a top 20 ranked from each person and the higher the rank the higher the weighted score. Otherwise we just get a popularity list like the one we have now, not an actual favorites list.

Plus, it's hard to stop anons from memeing hard to skew the results

We should do something like that. How about we decide on 50 directors and then decide on a film by each director. It'll be our /lbg/ recommends chart, something like pic related.

idk but if somebody said to me "my favorite films are inherent vice, knight of cups, a clockwork orange, winter light and badlands" I'd never talk to that person again

>winter light and badlands
what's wrong with those?

>knight of cups
better than all of your top 10

keep saying that to urself terry

I can concur

>2 point rating scale

Yikes, how embarrassing

hey, buddy, don't yikes me

thanks faggot for your contribution to the thread
and thanks i'm in mood for something asian

my lawyers will be in touch

you just made one heck of a big mistake pal

>samefagging this hard

This
back to reddi, trying too hard to fit in

>trying too hard to fit in

fit in? with people like you here I don't want to fit in, keep doing the circlejerk

Who hurt you? Did you watch a great film that went over your head and now you hate all great film?

What's next for /lbg/?

nothing

hopefully link_gorro's suicide if he keeps making posts like this

oi

wasn't me but I posted anyways

I saved all of pedo_gorro's videos before he deleted them ama