youtube.com/watch?v=pTA0DSfrGZ0
youtube.com/watch?v=pEvED1oRGbI
youtube.com/watch?v=9aUowoykENE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Literally me : the character

>reddit and memey

it's decent. very few episodes and easy to watch, would recommend

Yeh it's fine.

yeah it's really good, considering the average show of it's kind, ignore people who call it reddit, it's a meaningless insult used to berate popular things.

It's really good trash

GOD'S

It's literally Reddiit: the show

Yeah, it's good. Funny and weird.

I only watched the first season.
It has some interesting plot ideas, but it is way too vulgar. It is like family guy cringle level. It also has too many wacky le random moments

I just fucking love Rick and Morty, in the way that I fucking love science. It's so random and cool - it's like the show was designed for us Redditors, see? My mom says I have an unhealthy obsession with the show, but she just doesn't understand how funny it. I wish I could live in the Rick and Morty world and be their friends. Everything would be really and cool and funny if I did. Rick and Morty are so funny and I'm so awesome that it would make perfect sense, but it'd be even better if Bernie Sanders appeared. It'd be so awesome I'd turn up the TV in the common room of my dorm up all the way so everyone could hear the greatness of Bernie Sanders, Ron Paul, bacon, weed, atheism, The Avengers, Guardians of the Galaxy, Sweden, Bill Nye, 90s cartoons, cats, and fucking loving science.

I run the Rick and Morty Club at my school - we come together, browse Reddit, make some Deadpool memes and watch Rick and Morty. We don't talk to each other but there's a cute girl there I'm gonna try and ask out. I'm a nice guy and I dress well (fedora + trench coat + brown-stained underwear + well-trimmed beard lightly seasoned with dust and corn syrup) so I just know I've got a good chance with her. I've already messaged her on Facebook, I just haven't got a response yet.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand: Rick and Morty! My favorite character is Rick because his style of humor perfectly reflects that of Reddit. I bet if I asked him "When does the narwhal bacon?", he'd know EXACTLY what I was talking about. Also, did you notice he looks like Bernie Sanders if you squint a bit and use your imagination? This can't be a coincidence; MLG Illuminati confirmed. Yeah, that's right, I look at montage parodies too. What good Redditor doesn't? Lenny face, Illuminati, and Doge are so funny. If I met Rick and Morty I'd be sure to show them all those funny and awesome memes and more!

Yours baconly, Atheist92

Yes, but it's more overrated than the Beatles.

>morty's mom comes in the room
>"i've lost my dildo"
>sees pickle rick
>"this will do"

Yes

The show itself thinks is funny and smart; this was the same level of pretentious of Family Guy back in the day when every 12 year old
thought it was best than the simpsons.

haha

it's pretty good but people hype it as some kind of incredibly profound piece of existentialist art.

not

T.reddit gold member

thread theme
youtube.com/watch?v=pTA0DSfrGZ0

ALIVE

Okay, so basically it's got a dark sense of humor and doesn't take itself too seriously. It /does/ delve into 'depressing/deep' shit, but...

Basically you have to treat it like you'd treat a hardcore Sup Forumstard with a dark sense of humor. The sort of neckbeard who /lives/ off of sarcasm, but will reference exitbags unironically in the same sentence.

If you like scifi tropes, enjoy funny characters who hate themselves and everything around them, and aren't going to pitch a fit at absurdist humor, I'd say give it a go. Season 1 is much better than season 2 though. SO MUCH BETTER. I'd say season 1 has no bad episodes, whereas season two has at least 3.

It's fine. It makes me laugh enough that I like it. The fan base is the one not cancer part of it since they act like it's deep and meaningful. You just have to focus on the show itself and not others.

I like it. Redditors be damned.

I think people are just excited for the third season; you there is a lot of theories on the internet (which is why people like this show), and people want to know the truth. And if nothing happens this season, it will just help build up the pile of theories

You're trying too hard to fit in, redditor.

>le so random humour
>low level nihilist memes
>characters have no back bone, if you swapped Rick for another "oh so witty" old scientist and Morty for an awkward teenager, it would make no difference
>can't relax watching this shit, they speak so frantically, throwing one reddit joke after another
>the "deep and tragic" episodes, even though the stories are good, are executed in the most shallow way possible, they are light years behind Futurama "sad" episodes

basically Reddit and Memey: Szechuan Sauce edition

if you enjoy reddit humour

>>low level nihilist memes

Well yes, it's not trying to make a statement, just be witty and amusing.

>>characters have no back bone, if you swapped Rick for another "oh so witty" old scientist and Morty for an awkward teenager, it would make no difference

I don't think you're using backbone properly. Perhaps you mean they're 'one-dimensional'? Regardless, Rick's obvious self-hatred and his amorality make him stand out in the genre. Most 'oh so witty scientists' are also mentors or even role models, whereas Rick is unapologetically selfish and doesn't get shit on for it. The show has a very strong theme of people being shit, which you don't normally see in sci-fi media.

As for Morty, he's an awkward teenage boy but a realistically written one. At his age I would've totally attempted that date-rape thing without a second thought. He... doesn't really get called out for it either, except in a snide comment by Rick. You kinda get the impression Rick's only problem with it is that Morty is being sanctimonious and can't control his hormones.

>>can't relax watching this shit, they speak so frantically, throwing one reddit joke after another

... I don't get what problem you're having here. Can you also not relax when watching subtitled anime because you have to read the subtitles and /then/ look at the actual scene? Anyone who isn't a bumbling retard can relax as long as they're not doing five other things while watching it.

>>the "deep and tragic" episodes, even though the stories are good, are executed in the most shallow way possible, they are light years behind Futurama "sad" episodes

They're executed in a shallow way because the show isn't trying to be high art. No one claims it is except for autists, and usually ones who hate it. It's miles behind Futurama sad episodes, but that's kind of like saying 'Jurassic park's literary examination of philosophy is miles behind War and Peace." Technical true, but ur a faggot for pointing it out.

normies and redditors don't even get it. they even think it's an atheist show when it's clearly making fun of atheists. it's kino disguised as reddit

DEAD HE'S SURELY ALIVE

Honestly, i think that the episodes are either a hit or a miss.

The low points are steep as fuck and the high points are pretty damn good.

Alright show blown out of proportion by normalfags

Kek'd heartily

youtube.com/watch?v=pEvED1oRGbI

Not really, but hey watch it and decide for yourself. You may like it, you may not.

Aaaaah the wonders of life.

>Rick and Morty is dark
??

As for Morty, he's an awkward teenage boy but a realistically written one. At his age I would've totally attempted that date-rape thing without a second thought.
It's a comedy show. Stop pretending it's trying to create realistic characters in a Sci-Fi environment. Evangelion already did that 20 years ago anyway.

>evangelion already did that 20 years ago

this
and
this

and this too:

youtube.com/watch?v=9aUowoykENE

I've just finished watching it. It's actually really good, wouldn't have bothered if it weren't for all the shitposting on here.

It is good. Ignore the faggots who say it's reddit.

*BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURP*

L-LISTEN MORTY GOD ISN’T, GOD ISN’T *BUUUUUUURP* REAL M-MORTY, YOU KNOW ALL CHRISTIANS ARE, ARE STUPID MORTY

*BUUUUUURRRRRRRRP*

REAL MORONS MORTY, CHRISTIANTY IS JUST A, JUST A

*BUUUUURRRRRP*

COPING MECHANISM FOR LIFE MORTY

*BUUURRRRRRRRRRRRP*

NO ONE EXISTS FOR A REASON M-MORTY

*BUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRP*

THERE IS NO H-HEAVEN OR HELL MORTY, DO WHATEVER, DO WHATE *BUUUUUUURRRRRRRP* VER YOU WANT.

AND FUCK REPUBLICANS TOO *BUUUUUURRRRRP* T-THEY’RE BASICALLY NAZIS MORTY *BUUUUUUUUUURP* B-BASICALLY NAZIS, RACIST, SEXIST HOMOPHOBE SCUM MORTY

*BUUUUUUURP*

GOTTA GET THAT, G-GOTTA GET THAT MULAN SAUCE MORTY

*BUUUUUURRRRRRRRRPPPPPPPP*

GOTTA GET IT MORTY, THAT’S A-ALL THAT MATTERS MORTY IS THAT *BUUUUUUUUUURP* IS THAT M-MULAN SAUCE

*BUUUUURRRRRRRRRP* THAT SZECHUAN S-SAUCE MORTY

*BUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRP*

LOOK M-MORTY LOOK I’M *BUUUUUURRRRRPPPP* A MULAN SAUCE PACKAGE M-MORTY I’M

*BUUUURRRRP* MULAN SAUCE RICK, I’M MULAN SAUCE R-RICK

*BUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRRP*

MORTY GOTTA, G-GOTTA GET *BUUUUURRRRRPPPPPP* SHWIFTY MORTY, GOTTA GET SHWIFTY IN *BUUURRRRRP* HERE MORTY, G-GOTTA *BUUUUURP* SHIT ON THE FLOOR, S-SHIT ON THE FLOOR

*BUUUUUURRRRRRP*

MORTY SHIT ON THE F-FLOOR

*BUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRPPPPPPP

WUBBA-LUBBA-DUB-*BUUUUURP*-DUB M-MORTY SHIT ON THE

*BUUUUUUUUUUUURP* FLOOR MORTY

*BUUUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRP*

LIFE IS MEANINGLESS, M-MEANINGLESS MORTY THERE’S NO P-POINT TO ANYTHING

*BUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRP*

THERE ARE NO GODS M-MORTY

*BUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRP*

NIHILISM MORTY

*BUUUUUUUURRRRRRP*