Scoring goals is literally the only thing that matters in football!

>Scoring goals is literally the only thing that matters in football!

Attached: vO7lRZ7.png (621x702, 56K)

it is

>(you)

Attached: 1506610241340.png (629x504, 36K)

>impling

Attached: file.png (594x397, 566K)

Does that mean it's irrelevant then, considering how few goals are scored compared to other sports?

Attached: 1500752485758.jpg (250x207, 8K)

who wins? The counter attacking team scoring 1-0 with 28% possession, 200 passes, and 2 shots on goal

or the 0-1 team with 72% possession, 750 passes, 7 shots on goal?

Indeed, which is why if one player scores 6 goals in 5 games but scores them all in one game and lose every following game and the other player scores 5 goals in 5 games and win every game by 1-0 then the first player is more important for his team because he scored more goals.

consistenly scoring goals is better than scoring 6 against a team but they're both scoring goals

how does that make scoring not the only thing that matters? your second example still had to score to win

yeah they totally didn't score to win their games

who wins the title?

the team that averages 72% possession, 750 passes, 7 shots on goal?

or the team that averages 28% possession, 200 passes, and 2 shots on goal?

brainlet

>Leicester City and Greece NT had 72% possession, 750 passes, 7 shots on goal

From a competitive standpoint it is

I'm talking about when rating players, obviously scoring is the only thing that matters if you want to win games

No team averages such extreme possession numbers.

So it gives you 1 title in 100 years of history, truly the most efficient method

name one team that have won the champions league averaging these first numbers

Hmm let me check

Portugal vs Croatia
>Croatia had more possession
>670 passes
>17 shot attempts
>6 corners
>lost

Portugal vs Poland
>Poland had more possession
>650 passes
>lost

Portugal vs Wales
>Wales had more possession
>517 passes
>lost

Portugal vs France
>France had more possession
>18 shots
>710 passes
>lost

really makes me think

see: Meanwhile Germany has 3 and 4 WC, Spain has 3 and 1 WC, etc.

Germany counter attacks with their Lahms, Oezills, and Khediras, Beckenbauers, Ballack, and all their historical quick blitz play, while Spain plays possession meme and gets 1 WC in all of history. You are making my point even more valid.

France has 2 and 1 WC, Argentina has 14 and 2 WC, Brazil has 8 and 5 WC

Enjoy 100 years of playing like shit to win 1 title

Germany is not much of a possession team

And spain werent that dominative in 2010 as you make it looks

Germany had 64% possession against Argentina, I don't even want to know the numbers against Brazil

see:

So, by your logic, argentina (who lost 0-1 in extra time) is a shitty team.

They were a shitty team with a lot of luck to make it that far

Because Sabella knew if he attacked he would eat 4 like Maradona. Better to play safe and wait for Messi to do something, or for Higuain to be gifted a free ball, or Palacio.

It didn't work, and he went down in history as a coward.

And this is exactly why he gave Germany possession, because they don't know what to do with it. 64% is worse for Germany than 40%, they are a quick attacking team and Sabella took them out of the game. Hue's tried to attack and they got destroyed by Germany's plan.

i agree. i could watch mourinho's bus parking all day desu.

>>Scoring goals is literally the only thing that matters in football!
No. Scoring more goals than the opponent is the only thing that matters in football.

It means each goal is much more important, they're rare because they're valuable

It's like the soccer ball is my penis, and the goal is a woman's pussy. Each time it happens, it's something to be celebrated.

It literally is.

it gave many teams many titles