The Dark Tower - Trailer

youtube.com/watch?v=DVZ744JniDI

better than the leaked trailer. still looks mediocre

anyone else catch The Shining and IT references?

Black Roland is sctually pretty clever. You can't forget the face of you father if you don't know who he is.

Is Dark Tower really about a cowboy palling around with a dumb kid?

You guys really oversold this thing

Checked

First novel is about Roland and Jake, yes. They don't really "pall around" though. It's all rather morbid. Jake is pushed into traffic and dies, then finds himself in Mid-World. He travels with Roland and ultimately is sacrificed by him so he can pursue the Man in Black.

This movie looks like it will be a generic buddy-cop movie vs. the big bad guy.

Got it, if the movie sticks with that morbid plot point, then I'm still in.

It won't.

I mean, we know for a fact Jake gets to Mid-World through a generic portal thing. No death involved.

I REALLY doubt they'll have the balls to show Roland sacrificing him for his vendetta.

I'm actually pretty interested in this film because I kind of like King's books even though the film adaptations are usually shit

>this blatant pandering
That's just sad.

Fuck, you're making it sound like it's gonna be edge Harry Potter

You're right, but both of these pieces of trash are set in the same "universe"

But isn't the one line from the teaser referencing exactly that? That Jake is going to die, because everyone who travels with him will die by his hand? A bit of foreshadowing/referencing to his death?

Maybe that's the asspull. He sacrifices him because Jake knows he's going to die anyway. So instead of morbidity we have him making an honorable sacrifice instead.

Mark my words
Susan Delgado will be blacked

Also in the trailer you can see Jake being the one with the motivation instead of Roland. It doesnt appear Roland is pursuing the Tower but instead is Jake the one that convinces him to do so.

Yeah, if anything it will be MiB/Walter killing Jake, which is just a perversion of the original.

It misses the point that Roland has the bad habit of sacrificing his companions in his quest for the Dark Tower. He's not a hero; he's a man with an obsession.

Used to use the books as a way to connect with my father. He wasn't the most well read of men but we had fun talking endlessly about Mid-World back when we were waiting for Wolves of the Calla to come out.

King shit on his creations then, as he is doing now. It looks like generic trash and I'm sad to say it isn't surprising.

Christ what an abomination

I feel sick watching this. Is that normal?

Well it's one line but yeah it's annoying. All part of making Jake the protag.

it is a Sony film, that should make anyone feel sick

>B-But Roland has the Horn of Eld this time!

Don't fall for this. It's nothing more than an cheap excuse to shut you up and turn you into a cuck.

No one gives a shit about the cycle where he has the horn. That's best left for your imagination. The only one that matters is the one where he doesn't.

Wait, The Dark Tower is a film? Thought this was going to be a tv show. I was told it's an extremely complex story.

Looks very action based, and fun. I'll go watch it.

>black Roland
>no relevance to original story
>HURR ACTION

God fucking dammit

I only read the second book, when he gets to Earth in that one it seemed like he hadn't been there before, is that wrong or did they change it?

>ebin reloads

What are the chances that he will let Jake die?
Or lose his fingers?

wow, i actually hate the bratty kid more than idris

Book 1: knightcowboy wanders in a deserts, kills everybody
Book 2: knightcowboy wanders on a beach, occasionally travels in other worlds to get himself an RPG party
Book 3: knightcowboy and his RPG companions travel innawoods. Robots, demonrape, sentient trains
Book 4: skippable flashback about that time knightcowboy lost his virginity
Book 5: knightcowboy and a bunch of guest appearences from other books reenact Seven Samurai
Book 6: wat
Book 7: no, seriously, wat

>hey lets destroy the entire motivation of the protagonist of the series!
>sounds great here's some money!

underrated comment

so, there's a new king movie for "it"
does that mean there's going to be another movie for the shining?

Allegedly this is a sequel to the book series. since Roland just continues his search each time from the beginning this is like the thousandth time

The second book was the first time he'd been to Earth. Or the past. Or w/e it is.

This is a timeloop where Roland grabs his stupid horn along, so maybe it makes sense for him to be more chill about the Tower

McConaughey looks like he's about to put 2 in the pink 1 in the stink.

There's a difference between being chill and giving up. It looks like The Dark Knight Returns all over again.

>Book 7: no, seriously, wat

>Stephen King here: If you don't like it, fuck you.

Pretty much what he wrote in the foreward to it kek.

So how he always looks then ?

> We have a character who is a magician
> Who is a popular magician these days?

This was a clusterfuck from day one.

>60 Seconds to What

Yeah, we get it, it's too little too late to have a proper adaption of this novel. No need to rub it in our faces.

Am i the only one that thinks that book 4 was shit and could be entirely skipped except for the beginning and the end ?

yes, it's prob the best writing and tightest story in the whole series. You are technically correct that to understand the overarching story you can skip the parts you mentioned. but being able to see more of mid world before it moved on and exploring what shaped Roland before he became what he was was interesting to me.

WE WUZ COWBOY N SHIEET

If the movie is a success then there will be a tv show

>"What you see?"
>"I see a tower"
>"the man in black"
>"and the black man"

And 2nd and 3rd movies also.

WE

He literally warned the reader to NOT READ the final chapter. That should tell you something.

The IT trailer honestly looks better.
One it has Finn Wolfhard in it, and also it seems to be closer to the book.

Say what you want about Pennywise but at least they didn't turn him into a black clown

Wait.. why is Roland a nigger?

>current year

Is it just me or is Idris not doing a very good American accent?

aren't IT and The Shining both Warner Bros?

Really? Why don't you take a look at the current year bigot.

>Say what you want about Pennywise
He looks like a childlike acrobat. That's a neat, fine change. Making Roland a clean hulking Giga Nigga is disgusting.

Shhh we have to pretend he's a great actor

ben stiller is in this flick?

FUCK THEM FOR USING MORRICONE'S MUSIC

FUCK THEM FOR USING MORRICONE'S MUSICFUCK THEM FOR USING MORRICONE'S MUSICFUCK THEM FOR USING MORRICONE'S MUSICFUCK THEM FOR USING MORRICONE'S MUSICFUCK THEM FOR USING MORRICONE'S MUSICFUCK THEM FOR USING MORRICONE'S MUSICFUCK THEM FOR USING MORRICONE'S MUSICFUCK THEM FOR USING MORRICONE'S MUSICFUCK THEM FOR USING MORRICONE'S MUSIC

FUCK OFFFUCK OFFFUCK OFFFUCK OFF
FUCK OFFV
FUCK OFF
FUCK OFF
V
FUCK OFF
FUCK OFF

FUCK OFFFUCK OFF

FUCK OFF

FUCK THAT NIGGER

FUCK THAT SHIT

FUCK EVERYTHING TO HELL

>Wait, The Dark Tower is a film? Thought this was going to be a tv show.

When it was originally pitched it was going to be a movie/tv series combination. If also had numerous people such as Ron Howard attached to make it.

It is a real in-depth story which is why I won't see it. I don't think a movie can properly convey such scenes as Roland inside Jake's body smuggling drugs on that plane.

eddies body.

Eddie was the junkie, Detta was the honkey-hating nigra and Jake was the bitch kid who died

But Eddie also dies like a bitch.
At least he doesn't die twice like Jake.

PLUS
>Elba
>cool wardrobe
>references to other books
MINUS
>butchered story
>lack of that 'second depth' you feel in books
>aim with closed eyes scene
>cgi speedreloading

Marvel fans gonna love quips.

Boy, who's ready for a 15 year long Steven King cinematic universe

My mistake, but I would see it immediately if they have Roland/Eddie look over at the person next to him and say "ayy nigga you got any of them astin?"

It's more likely to end up as the next Eragon, where they flub the first movie so hard they don't bother making another. Not that Eragon was ever good.

so its gonna be a black roland killing whitey

The bad guys will be nazis, racists, and religious people

>Elba
not a plus
>cool wardrobe
way too clean cut, even if all of the footage is at the very start of the movie
>references to other books
''look at this gigantic circus sign that says pennywise.. doesn't that distract you in seeing how absolute generic crap this trailer is?''

He pulled that shit in the books too. Hell, he was able to do that cylinder spinning trick with both guns at the same time during the battle of Tull.

This is Stephen King's worst series. He should have stuck with Horror instead of trying out adventure. He sucks at it.

It's a different Roland

Eddie material right there plus free quips.

How big is the flop gonna be though?

The Sorcerer's Apprentice: BLACKED Edition

what a waste of morricone music

the watch chimes were integral to the climax of a great film, and here they are wasted

Even if they start the series I could see them stopping after 4 when all the normies hate it because it was just boring back story that didn't need to be there.

>I aim with my eyes
>proceeds not to aim with his eyes

It's planned as 3 movies plus tv series.

WHAT AINT NO WORLD I EVER HEARD OF
THEY SPEAK HIGH SPEECH IN WHAT?

Literally says he doesn't aim with his eyes

I wonder if it's some kind of apology for not using an Eastwood in the role or what. The connection is obvious, so it's either that or they are poking us in the eye with it for being evil, cis, white males.

>complex story
It's just a story about some cowboy hoping from book to book and random characters from Stephen King's work being crammed in. Worst series I've ever read.

If they're gonna use music from For a Few Dollars More I wish they'd actually make it like a Leone movie. That sort of calm stoicism would fit pretty well

top kek

DOES THE FACE OF MY FATHER LOOK LIKE A BITCH?
NO, I REMEMBER THE FACE OF MY FATHER

As a huge fan I've tried to remain optimistic but after the trailer I just feel 'meh'. It doesn't look godawful and there's a certain degree respect for the lore and concepts for the series in the trailer but it just feels like a wasted opportunity.
If they were gonna do a dark tower 8 then do it. Not a reboot weird hybrid of all 7 books.
Guess it could've been worse, could've easily been godawful

It's not like they're directly adapting them anyways. This new trailer has shit from the last 3 books already

Bravo, I don't know why people are upset, he looks really good as Roland desu. He could also plow my wife any time he wishes.

You can fit 8 books in one movie. In fact, Stephen King insisted that you try to.

>Stephen King insisted that you try to.
Typical, he has no fucking clue when it comes to visual medium

Looks like a made for TV movie.

Literally exactly how I felt watching it.

I wouldn't really care that he's a black dude, except they're going to have to rewrite Detta/Odetta's dialogue a bit.
>YOU HONKY MU'FUS
Also, it looks like they're mashing the first 2 books together in some ways but omitting the full drawing of the three?

>skippable flashback
Shit taste. Also pic related would make a great Jonas.

Simple, make her blind, she'll think he's white. Problem solved.

Great summary, but I really loved the ending.

>Blind gunslinger
>Bling lady throwing plates

no thanks

Are the books worth reading? I just finished IT, and the shinning