This videogame addiction is killing me Sup Forums

this videogame addiction is killing me Sup Forums

how do I (and do we) stop it once and for all

to be honest with you, I don't want to be a manchild anymore.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tVj0ZTS4WF4
youtube.com/watch?v=SHoNWwhzh3M
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Take your graphics card out break it in half and then burn it in a ritualistic way
When you buy a new one, do the same thing when you get some clarity. At some point you will run out of money and will be forced to actually do life

How old are you? Unless you're hopelessly addicted to MMOs and over 30, you'll grow out of it.

soon in my mid-twenties

you will play significantly less when you get a job after college.

its not an addiction youre having fun

dont become somebody else

you lose your soul the second you listen to them

Video games aren't the reason you're a manchild fag.

Do you just play mmos?

>how do I (and do we) stop it once and for all

Have a nice sweet woman whose belly you fill with babies.

Live in a traditional household with traditional roles

Have a woman who you were her first and that knows you're the boss

w-what is it

no. I get bored easily so, 1 hour on a game is an achievement for me, I keep switching between games

out of all the whores i fuck without a condom throughout my whole life, im so glad only two of them ever became pregnant and were sensible enough to abort them

having children is a total waste of fucking life

just cheat, its more fun for a while but youll lose interest in a game faster

it also shows you how much games waste your time with collecting and grinding shit

uninstall steam, and all of your games. Completely remove the temptation from your life. Worked for me.

only way to stop playing an addicting game is to replace it with something else. the trick is to switch to a game that can be played "casually."

I switched from games to cars
Just start browsing /o/ and doing some research. You learn valuable skills and have a ton of fun.

Nowhere near the point where you're looking at being an eternal manchild then.

But unless you are spending so much time playing games that you are neglecting responsibilities, whatever they may be, does it really matter? A hobby is a hobby, there are certainly worse things you could be doing than playing a game.

I try to limit my electronic entertainment to internet and movies.

I've i'm bored otherwise I try to read, play guitar, draw or go hiking.

I feel like there must be a vast difference between the life of someone who is glued to their phone or tv and someone who actually views the world and experiences external life.

Take your CS:GO live. Step out the front door & choose your target. You won't be the first

Not really, It becomes addicting.

Most people that are at the top cheating crews etc are sick of the games but keep investing thousands because it's so addicting to cheat and whenever they sleep or close their eyes they can see themselves executing the perfect play due to cheats.

You can however cheat in a single player game and just ruin it for yourself, you'll just try another game out.

Stop playing any games and switch to visual novels. You'll associate with the emotional 'abuse' to video games soon enough and quit playing.

>switch to a game that can be played "casually."

I have several of these games

Buy a dog collar. Every time you reach to play, shock yourself.

>playing video games seriously
>past the age of 21
reevaluate your shit user. get it together

chill Spunj

Get some self control, turn off the computer for just 1 day and live your life without it

>Mfw clinically addicted to video games and don't even have a graphics card

I-I know

Lol how

Dota 2

I strive for competition. I've been playing less and less for a while now though because I got a job. I play a lot of chess with AI now though

Mark my words user, video games & the internet are worse than the plague. Just wait until kids born post 2000 grow up, the whole world will crumble. Anyways, just force yourself to stop, don't be a twat. I know it's difficult, but there is no other way out.

this, you do realise that you can play games and have a social life right? it sounds like you just have obsessive problems and are spending too much time on one thing.

Whats wrong with competition in real life?
Or poker, at least make money from it

>Not having the ubermensch brain power to just stop any addiction with the snap of your fingers

thank you serbro, I agree with you ; I promise I will find a way out

I think they're talking about actually being addicted though. Like mobile game or MMO addicted, and that shit is a pretty big problem.

>it sounds like you just have obsessive problems and are spending too much time on one thing.
this is an issue i had a hard time coming to accept, for some reason i find it next to impossible to not devote 100% of my time and energy to one thing, anyone got any ideas?

how do you find the time to sit around and vidya?
don't get me wrong I was a 5-10hr+ all-nighter when I was in my prime but since turning 19-20 (I am 24 now) I can hardly find hours of the day to sit around and play vidya even when I wasn't in school/not working

I don't know. I played a lot of hockey and soccer as a kid, also raced in track. Dota is just better to me because it requires use of your mind as well as motor skills. Come to think of it I'm actually really good at Dota compared to anything else considering if I'm in the top 10% or so of players.

It fucks me up though. If I spent more time I could probably become pro Dota 2. However I really want to finish university and if I continue playing I won't be able to

This "Schweinehund", in english Pigdog (?), symbolizes your inner lazy part.
Let's say, you want to stop with the videogames, but you find yourself still playing games, even if you've said like 1-2 months before to yourself that you stop, you can blame it on this fucker. It's a scapegoat more or less

no, you've been playing less of DOTA2 because that game is shit

if you really strive for competition and battle, then you would be playing eve online.
because that game is the ultimate platform for competition

youtube.com/watch?v=tVj0ZTS4WF4

go ballistic, keep going op, keep going.

Start body building.

Instead of leveling a character you level your body.

It helped me grow the fuck up and stop with the childish games.

Citicoline and piracetam.

Basically, citicoline is the fuel, and piracteam is the kindling.
They result in acetycholine in the brain, which enhances concentration and learning. You'll be able to say no to ADD stuff. It makes my thoughts feel heavier, by which I mean more substantial.

what kind of ritual are we talking about?

I've got a few friends that are like this and from the looks of it, its not something thats easy to change. my one friend just started obsessing over healthier things so thats working out for him.

Are videogames escapism for you?

Find out what it is that you're trying to avoid and handle that.

To my opinion government should ban all violent or addictive videogames.
While you are playing your silly games, you don´t contribute to society.

Get smart! Stop gaming!

I'm glad I never got into Eve because I would be playing that game 24/7 and would never come back to real life again.

So now I play civ 5 and chess causally because I should be competing in real life and not through 1s and 0s

Get a job, you nu-male shitskin beta.

let's say I play for one hour or less, then browse Sup Forums (I have a laptop and a PC for games) while leaving the computer idle, and sometimes I stop everything to read for a bit

indeed

working on it

You ever suck dick for video games fgt?

deutsche qualitat

I'm not a shitskin

Not sure how you could be addicted to video games.

I'm almost in my thirties but will play some dark souls or bloodborne (only games I play). As long as I make money and workout and have nothing better to do I will enjoy some games.

People on /pol act like you should be out trying to cure cancer 24/7

youtube.com/watch?v=SHoNWwhzh3M

Poor spunj, I'll never understand why its so hard for him to understand he's fucking awful...

willpower you fuckup

vidya is only degenerate if it consumes an inordinate amount of time like any other hobby

jesus christ vidya isn't cripplingly addictive, you're just retarded for only having one pass time and no life goals

That's an accurate representation of me when I video game. :]

Replace the hobby is the best way I can think of. Use to game all day but then I got into Motorcycles. now I only play video games once or twice a week late at night/after work for an hour or two with some friends.

Take up reading.
Take up lifting
Limit yourself to one hour of gaming per day.

What the fuck are you even addicted to?
What the fuck is there even worth playing anymore?
Videogame stopped being good over a decade ago and you're still slaving to the digitally interactive jew?

i want to know this OP
try reading more, and then when you reach for the vidya try fapping instead. maybe that will help you break your routines

play pokemon go, when you get out of the hospital, you probably won't feel like video games.

Your flag says otherwise.

You have to act radically. Uninstall every video game you have, earn perma bans on your dota/lol/wow/whatever accounts. Do not turn yourself into a vidya playing degenerate zombie, user. You are capable for a lot more than rotting in front of a pc.

>Videogame stopped being good over a decade ago and you're still slaving to the digitally interactive jew?

I-I know, it's just I'm weak and..

alas

I will

Just enjoy your games while you can until the war starts. Or cheat and get banned.

Yeah do this.
Start going full redpill on every online game you place. Call out the kikes, call out tavistock, call out the holohoax. Do it all for free, do it for your freedom.

>turn off the vidya gaaem
>go on Sup Forums
>12 hours later

ITT: people who never got good at video games so they claim it as a man child hobby

Look for advice on improvement boards on infinity chan

As someone who used to love video games and no longer has any interest, all I can say is dont stop. Youre very lucky and fortunate to still be able to be entertained by something so simple and readily available in abundance. I wish I still loved video games like I used to. Makes me sad. The only way I can enjoy video games now is when Im heavily doped up on narcotics.

Fuck off manchild shill.

You're addicted to the opium of the masses and you're proud of it.

It's mental masturbation... you keep playing because when you go up a level or beat a boss youve simulated achieving something. But you've achieved fuck all. Your mind and body want to grow and progress but all your energies are funnelled into simulating it.

>'B-but I enjoy it and I'm just doing what I want to do, s-society can't shame me into changing'

I can't be the first person to tell you that doing whatever makes you feel good in the short term will make you unhappy in the long term. Things worth doing are difficult and require motivation and discipline, and at the end of them you grow as a person.
Or you can sit on your ass and waste your time because it's easy.

Vidya keep me sane

What kind of cancer gets addicted to mobile games? Is this a thing?

Pokemon Go doesnt count either because its pro-social and not really a game, so to speak.

stagnating game is stagnating
crucible was the last patch worth anything

Go workout and learn savate/kick boxing. Very good against stress

If you're not enjoying it, dont do it. if youre enjoying it, continue as long as you dont neglect yourself and your responsibilities.

I'm entertaining myself to death

Just quit and move on. There is more to do with your valuable lifetime.

I played EVE Online 13 months for just to undersand what the MMORPG is looks from inside.
And then quit. It was years ago.

Is that the only thing you do? Job? School?

looking for job, but it's looking fine atm

btw are you the user who couldn't stop drinking beer

no

It's not even a big deal. Just play and enjoy them who cares.

My strategy is to get overdose and get sick of it. So, after a LAN party with friends I get so fedup with games. I don't play for a week.

Then you need to control yourself to not restart.

But you need another passion. Because switching Games for TV is not a solution.

ça se tient

I stopped. I just substituted it with browsing Sup Forums and i'm not sure it's an improvement. My life hasn't improved.

seriously who the fuck cares. Give up on the "always gotta be productive" meme.

Same here, and its not an improvement at all. Video games at least make you happy and keep your mind/reflexes sharp- Sup Forums just makes you miserable, angry, lazy, apathetic and slow. Only good thing is that Ive polished my debate skills somewhat.

I haven't played video games since I grew out of my gameboy. How do neets fall for the video game Jew over the age of 14?

Replace it with getting as much women as you can.

It's a hard game too and you will have to step up to be good at it.

just do drugs and realise how boring videogames are in comparison to finding knowledge

My fiancé works long hours and he destresses by playing video games. I don't ever want to be that naggy wife, but what are some constructive ways to get him out and about Sup Forums? Like working out, going bowling and going shooting? Those are my hobbies and I want him to join but I don't want to take him away from what he likes to do.

What games he like

Stop Playing
/thread

the problem may not be video games, but procrastination, letting yourself drown in your anguish and escaping your responsabilities.

Try reading gorilla mindset maybe. you can surely find a pfd easily

Seriously people talking about vidya being unproductive on fucking Sup Forums the epitome of productiveness and mental enrichment

Compenses ton temps libre par autre dans un premier temps.

He cycles between mostly Blizzard titles and then any new games that look fun (Alien, The Witcher 3) etc etc