Who are the industry's biggest dickhead directors, past and present?

Who are the industry's biggest dickhead directors, past and present?

Other urls found in this thread:

4chandata.org/tv/Wierd-film-tv-trivia-a705125
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Pic unrelated

One only has to read the trivia section on IMDB for The Man Who Shot Liberty Valence to see his dickheadedness.

Otto Preminger was known for yelling at people on his film sets, especially the actors. The most yelling was on The Cardinal, where he yelled at star Tom Tryon nearly non-stop. I'm not sure if it was him or another actor, but Preminger waited until the actor's parents were visiting the set to verbally eviscerate him in front of everyone. Also he yelled at Keir Dullea on Bunny Lake is Missing and Dullea remembers it as a very hurtful experience, though he never cried. Dyan Cannon and Faye Dunaway said they would never work with him again after their experiences. The weird thing is that after Tom Tryon's experience on The Cardinal, he came back to be in In Harm's Way. Preminger was an asshole, but he is a great director.

When you're so wealthy and so many people kiss your ass that you can get away with pretty much whatever you want. This is one of the pathetic things about Hollywood.

>In the 1950's, American actors and directors were sent on a good will tour to meet their foreign counterparts in Japan. When meeting acclaimed director Akira Kurosawa, John Ford was very on edge. Ford served in a non combative role in the Navy during WWII, and was wary about meeting the Japanese director. Tensions were still running high in the 50's on both sides of the Pacific. On the other hand, Kurosawa was delighted at the opportunity to meet the man who was his role model as an artist. Ford, who'd watched Kurosawa's films before,took note of the then-young Akira's stylistic quirks. Ford was said to have remarked "Hey Nippo, you had some cool shit in your movies with all them samurais and swords and crap. But the fuck is up with all the rain in your movies? You Jap savages not have any concept of takes yet? Or do you just fucking love rain?" Kurosaw, enchanted by Ford taking notice, replied "Oh, you reary been pay attention to my firms!". Ford then popped him in his "slanty face" and said "The fuck did you say to me, Tojo?"

I hate the way Ford and Huston used their service in WW2 like they were in active combat when they just made fucking movies. Yeah, Ford was at Midway, with a fucking camera in his hand instead of a gun. Sam Huston staged a battle and passed it off as real combat, wasting thousands of dollars of munition.

>Ford was said to have remarked "Hey Nippo, you had some cool shit in your movies with all them samurais and swords and crap. But the fuck is up with all the rain in your movies? You Jap savages not have any concept of takes yet? Or do you just fucking love rain?" Kurosaw, enchanted by Ford taking notice, replied "Oh, you reary been pay attention to my firms!". Ford then popped him in his "slanty face" and said "The fuck did you say to me, Tojo?"

top kek even if it's not true

>In his autobiography, Otto Preminger recounts that he was surprised when, after having directed only two films in Hollywood, he was assigned to Kidnapped, a big-budget film. Preminger, who was not familiar with the book, read the script and complained to his friend, Gregory Ratoff, who was acting as Zanuck's assistant, that he did not want to direct the film because he had no understanding of the people in the part of the world where the story took place. Ratoff, however, persuaded him to accept. When Zanuck saw some of the rushes, he accused Preminger of cutting out a portion of the script without permission. During a heated argument, Preminger denied the charge, and when Zanuck yelled at him, Preminger yelled back. Preminger subsequently refused to apologize, and, according to the autobiography, because of the incident, he was prevented from working in Hollywood. He returned to stage direction and did not direct another film until 1943.

>Preminger and leading lady Dyan Cannon clashed throughout filming. She was constantly late, one of the director's pet peeves, and the two disagreed about everything about her character, from how she should be portrayed to how she should be dressed. Uncomfortable with the director's perception of Julie, the actress frequently tried to incorporate some of her own vision into her interpretation, resulting in loud on-set arguments that left Cannon feeling alone, self-conscious, and very vulnerable. Upon the film's completion, the two vowed never to work with each other again.[5]

>Otto Preminger bullied Tom Tryon so much for being an homosexual faggot that he drop acting later on

top kek

Ishiro Honda (Godzilla movies) was apparently held very anti semantic beleifs, he wanted to show Hitler in a positive light in one of the monster movies he made and tried to persuade a director to have the main villain be isreal instead of America in one of the later godzilla films

>Tryon's greatest role was as an ambitious Catholic priest in The Cardinal (1963), for which he received a nomination for a Golden Globe Award for Best Actor – Motion Picture Drama. However, that honor barely compensated for the trauma and abuse he suffered at the hands of director Otto Preminger. At one point during filming, Preminger fired Tryon in front of his parents when they visited the set, then rehired him after being satisfied that Tryon had been sufficiently humiliated.[6]

That's not being a dickhead director.

>Tryon, Seberg, and many others were reduced to tears by his hectoring and became so rattled they couldn’t remember their lines; that night, he would take them out to the best restaurant in town, only to humiliate them again the next morning. With one exception, he was always the one dealing out pleasure and pain. On the set of another terrific noir movie, “Angel Face” (1952), he demanded so many takes of a scene that required Robert Mitchum to slap Jean Simmons across the face that Mitchum finally turned around and slapped Preminger.

Need I say more

wut he do

I demand proof. This sounds too hilarious to be true.

John Ford was a legendarily nasty director. He treated his actors like shit.

t. a John Ford fan

>past
Josef von Sternberg
>present
David O. Russell

>signal corps

What a fucking pog

Landis was born into a Jewish family in Chicago, Illinois, the son of Shirley Levine (née Magaziner) and Marshall Landis, an interior designer and decorator.[

>Gallo had difficulties working with his cast and crew. Gallo and Christina Ricci reportedly did not get along on the set, she was not even mentioned in the credits of the film. He called her a "puppet" who did what she was told.[6] Ricci vowed to never work with Gallo again.[7] She also resented the comments he made about her weight three or four years after filming.[8] Anjelica Huston also did not get along with him,[9] and Gallo claimed Huston caused the film to be turned down by the Cannes Film Festival.[9] It was director Stéphane Sednaoui that suggested to Gallo to use cinematographer Lance Acord. Although Acord was widely credited with the film's distinct visual style Gallo has claimed credit for designing most of the film's cinematography.[10] He also publicly disparaged Acord, saying "This guy had no ideas, no conceptual ideas, no aesthetic point of view."[11][9] Kevin Corrigan chose to opt out of the credits because he did not want to be associated with the film at the time.[12]

James Cameron is a bit of a dick on set, that said, he's very lovely off set.
David O. Russell
Stanley Kubrick, well, at least to Shelley Duvall
Josh Trank

>his father was an interior designer and decorator instead of the mother

Confirmed being raised by a faggot

Hollywood is saturated with Jews. The Jew voice alone says "I'm probably a whiny dickhead"

Underrated post

bumping for proof

It was probably posted by the same person who posted this:
4chandata.org/tv/Wierd-film-tv-trivia-a705125

That's the only other reference to it, according to Jewgle.

James Cameron, Ridley Scott, and Quentin Tarentino are literally penises.

David Fincher and Michael Mann are supposedly not overly fun to work with.

>Quentin Tarentino
I've heard this too. For someone who started out working in a humble movie rental business, you'd think he'd be a decent guy.

He seems like he's probably only nice to the cast but a dick to everyone else.

Any kike who makes movies

Probably Alfred Hitchcock, even if he was a brilliant director.

Which director has/had the wildest coke and sex parties?

Probably Polanski and his buddies back in the 70s.

Wes "Meatman" Anderson

A guy by the name of Steve Milner I think used to have a site with all these interviews of various Toho staff and directors (Honda, Kensho Yamashita, Jun fukuda, Koji hashimoto, etc.), but the site went down for some reason (the layout was old af), I just remember that as one of the excerpts when he asked about The heisei films at the time

He basically said Kazuki Omori's scene where Godzilla attacked us soldiers as a dinosaur AND having the people from the future (in Godzilla vs king ghidorah) be led by an American was too far, so he suggested they were sent by some global bank run by Israel who was jealous of japan owning Africa and South America (that's in the movie, in not joking) in the future, but they kept it as just a union of countries and didn't reference Jews at all