/thread

VIETNAM FUCKING SHITS

Faggot boat party

It was patrician

Smells like Victory.

Tubby Brando balls

There's no CGI

PICKLE RICK GENERAL

i don't really know much about vietnam but isn't it widely accepted that most of what we are told didn't take place and most of the footage is doctored?

IT AINT ME

fun times ahead

No

pure fucking kino

Eddie pls go.

Gonna rewatch this. Redux or no?

no

Needs more napalm

hard no

redux

Universal studios Hollywood

redux breaks the flow, but if you haven't seen redux it's worth watching

needs a new edit where alternative takes from redux replace theatrical version's takes, plus killgore surfboard scene to explain how his surf boat is suddenly on the boat, and no other changes. That'll be the ultimate version.

>ctrl+f vietnam fucking shits
>0

Shit thread.

EMBARRASSING

pure fucking kino

S A V A G E

America. Fuck yeah.

LOL you probably spelled veitnam wrong you stupid loser

Wahlberg never had a Huey though. He got up close and personal.

America! Fuck yeah!

What.

No

We slaughtered village to village and experimentally tortured hundreds of thousands of them.

America loses again

Only good post ITT

practical effects win

Of course. You're only allowed to watch theatrical once you've seen redux at least once.

Our CIA does all the successful foreign policy actions, the military is sent in to perpetuate war, not win them.

That's more than 3 words burger boy. Back to school for you!

hitler was right

an errand boy

Bitch I'm free

No, the total opposite. One of the biggest failings of the Vietnam War was making it overly televised and exposing the public to the truth. People were seeing the horrors of war as they ate their dinner. Really helped shift public opinion.

Was why the Brits went into total media lockdown during the Falklands, they'd seen the mistake in Vietnam.

Not related to the pic because I know its vietnam and all but just how cheap are helicopters? Seems like pretty much every movie from the 70's has a scene with a helicopter, usually the same one they used to film shaky overhead shots with. It's like they were required

fucking THIS

holy hell what a bunch of vietnam shits

That war was hell on everybody

youtube.com/watch?v=-HxK8yRYna8

Anyone else mistaken that helicopter for a scuba diver on his back

America winning again

Francis Ford Coppola

AMERICA FUCK YEAH

Smells like victory.

that's FMJ

Never fucking happened

That is the absolute worst war movie ever but plebs that never joined up think its a documentary.

Total fucking chaos

Vietnam revolutionised helicopter warfare. Vietnam engagementa dropped off company loads of infantryman in minutes.

Read some history.

im disappointed. 6 posts for this? i expected better (worse), 4chin

Smell of napalm.

What was it like in Nam grandpa?

War is hell

Vietnam fucking shits

What about the plebs that were drafted?

>that goddamn filename

I was not in nam but i have read 30 books about it.

Apocalypse now is a good movie about retarded ideas in media. It is not a war movie.

They dont play ride of the valkeries from the helicopters. It actually is loosley based on a real story. A cia guy went rogue in burma in the 60s. He recruited a 50k man army and even had an air force before they brought him in.

It's not trying to be war movie though

this was what I thought too desu

Technically only about 10% of draftees got put in the infantry or marines.

Most draftees ended up being fucking mechanics.

Look it up.

GOAT BATTLE SCENE

winner

It's agreed that Vietnam was the war with the best aesthetic right?

I know the Nazis had snazzy uniforms but something about the sweltering jungle, Hueys dropping off men into clearings, and Vietcong popping out from every nook and cranny to take potshots at GIs is so pleasing to look at. I wish there was more media in general based on the war.

>ctrl-f "hella fuckin epic"
>0 results

for shame Sup Forums

I can't find anything. How about you provide a link.

My dad said they used to throw away uniforms after a week mission. Which is crazy since i still have perfectly good uniforms from afghanistan.

THIS

youtube.com/watch?v=Ow5-f6XCTOg
lol

Just look up what percentage of the military is shooters.

Like 95%bof the military never see combat. But they are there when i go to a group session, complaining that they heard a mortar once.

lol you're a retard

Coppola going apeshit

I am a reyatd but i am alzo correct. 95%n of the military never see combat but about half of them have combatbaction badges because they heard a mortar.

Target Rich Environment.

hella fuckin epic

IT
AIN'T
ME

Was colin powell the most based nigger ever?

Call of Duty

It ain't me

Bigu Bossu?

That's pretty good

>He recruited a 50k man army and even had an air force before they brought him in.
Outer heaven

Some cia pbs dork just wrote a book about it. I think its called "a perfect place for a war"

If you want to understand how secret wars are waged, its fucking kino. And it goes really in depth about this burma cia guy.

Are you the cia pbs dork?

No but i did 12 years in the army spec ops. I have read more military cia books than you can count.

The cia actually publishes outstanding books.