Thoughts on Dexter?

Just started the show and really liking it so far. Kinda get Death Note vibes from the next season. Haven't seen it discussed on here often. What do you think Sup Forums ?

First 2 seasons are top tier. Simply awesome.

3rd season is okay.

The rest are absolute SHIT.

Almost right, but season 3 is the season with the spic, it sucks. Season 4 is great. Honestly just watch season 1, 2, skip 3, watch 4, then stop.

This, unless you want to watch some of the worst TV ever.

Watch 1 and 2 then drop it.
Season 2 was the show finale for good writing.
Then read the books because they're actually pretty good.

2>1>4>3>7>5>8>6
also i miss debraposting

Dexpert here. S1 S2 are great. S3 had a big drop in entertainment/quality. S4 is one of the best seasons of a show ever. Pretend the series ended after S4 unless you like torturing yourself.

This is pretty accurate.

Don't get too attached to anyone, OP. Not because they die and you miss their characters, but because their characters the story in which they find themselves becomes so much insipid trash that you'll kick yourself for wasting your time watching all the seasons leading up to those fun eps in the back half.

Quit after season 4.

>not liking s7

I thought we've settled this ages ago.

1, 2, 4, 7. Nothing else

>Death Note
You are a garbage person.

Can you give me a quick refresher on S7? I was so pissed off after the finale I doubt I'll ever go back and watch any of this show again.

whatever you do don't go past season 4

I agree with you except for 3. I could not stand s3. Dexter makes so many awful fucking decisions in that season which are out of character.

Continuing right after the events of Season 6, Dexter and Debra are inside the church where Dexter has just killed Travis Marshall. With Debra witnessing the assassination, Dexter starts to calm her and telling her that what happened was an accident and that Travis Marshall threatened him which is why he killed him. Debra suspects Dexter's method of killing Travis to which he replies that he snapped.
Following said situation, the events of the next episodes feature Dexter's and Debra attempt to hide Travis' death, Debra's plan to control Dexter and stop him from killing anyone else and the subsequent situations that origin from Dexter's actions, such as the Koshka Brotherhood's head trying to avenge his lover's death and Debra's current occurrence of crossing the line of what is right just to protect Dexter.

Saw the first 2 seasons and enjoyed it, but never really cared about the others.
Read the books later on and they were pretty decent until I got to the 7th one, which was fucking terrible.

>Called the killer in the first episode.
>Shitty cast
>black guy is suspicious sounds like a retarded army drill instructor even when he is just having normal conversation
>nothing happens that is interesting in the plot the whole 1st season that is not in the blanket IMDB description of the show.
>PREDICTABLE AND CLICHE

Oh I vaguely remember that. So yeah, S7 was probably better than 5 8 and 6 but not by much.

It's really the main villain that saves the entire season. Probably one of the best characters in the entire series.

Also the only time a tv show was able to make a gay character that had more depth than "Look at me I'm gay"

>6>7

I kinda liked Season 3. You got the beaner guy which was fun to watch because hes such a dork. Then you got Dokes going at it. I'm pretty sure season 3 had the Dokes thing anyway..

Dokes was s2

I don't really remember the gay thing in Dexter. MCH played a gay character in Six Feet Under which I consider one of the best characters ever. I was 18 when that show started and didn't mind gay people but I also didn't really care about them. His character along with Keith actually made me empathetic at times...even my stepdad who was almost 60 when that show started liked their characters.

>tfw realize the entire show is schlickbait for "modern" women
Tainted it a little for me.

Ignore all these losers and watch the complete series until you get bored or finish it by yourself. Don't let a mongolian fishing forum(with objectively shit taste) to tell you how to watch a damn show.

And by "modern" women I mean Tumblr.

BAY

1>2=4>7>5=3>6>8
I was really disappointed in season 3. I think Dexter is probably one of the shows that suffered most from the Writer's Strike. Jimmy Smits was okay, though his character was kinda written poorly. I liked that they made some other fuck for Deb to chase, but they fucking did a shit job in execution. Honestly, season 8 only hit the bottom because of the fact that it was great for the first 6 episodes, but it dropped so far in quality for the second half of the season. 7 was saved entirely by Ray Stevenson, and while Hannah McKay was pretty much Lila, I think she was a better character. Hated that they brought her back for 8 though.