Is learning spanish a useful skill?

Is learning spanish a useful skill?

They say america will be a 46% spanish speaking country by 2030

Not when Trump gets elected

You're not even american

Spanish is great to learn. Lots of the world speak it. If you learn spanish, you also learn the basics and a lot of the fundamentals of French and Italian.

Yea they also said that the poles will change polarity and half the worlds population will die in an event caused by global warming. They then said the world would end in 2012, and Trump will never be the republican canidate. Fuck what anyone says senpai.

That sounds like something Trump would say, user.

I did it because I had to take four years of a foreign language for college and my school was fucked in funding so by the time I got there we only had Spanish left. We used to have German and Russian, but of course those had to go before Jose-speak.

Depends on which state you're from. In California you may find Spanish useful, but not so much in Maine etc.

I don't talk to spics so it wouldn't be useful for me

If you are going to use it then learn it, if not don't bother. I've taken French classes from grade 5-11 and now understand only 10%-20% of spoken French even when I got the highest marks in French class. I've only spoken to a handful of native French speakers in my life and they all spoke with me in English.
As for Spanish, it's my dad's first language. He's spoken to me in Spanish all my life so I understand 98% of Spanish when spoken to me, but since I have always responded in English to him and know almost no one else who speaks Spanish and not English, I can't speak very well. I mean, some basic shit but with a strong accent and very bad grammar. Weird how you only get good at what you practice.

Tl;dr: So practice spainish when you need to and you will learn up to what is appropriate for your needs.

Your future grand daughters will.

So what? He shouldn't have an opinion?
Fuck off.

If you live in South California, Arizona, New Mexico, or Texas. Then yes, learn Spanish.

As an american I don't go talking shit about another countrie's policies and statistics. And why do you automatically assume it's a "He" anyway?

Where the hell was he talking shit? He simply suggested that if Trump is elected, there will be fewer Hispanics around and therefore less of a need to know Spanish. I didn't detect anything snarky in is remark.
And "he" is just a default pronoun. Or is that sexist? If so, GOOD.

Learning a foreign language is always good because it teaches you to think about vocabulary and grammar in a way you wouldn't if you only spoke your native language.

But truthfully, unless you live in Miami or somewhere with a fuckton of spanish speakers, you will never need to know the language

I would, Spanish bantz is great.

Who is they? Spanish has been getting less common.

this is exactly why mexicans are the worst group in america. they don't integrate.

check out memrise and duolingo if you want to casually improve your spanish

yes

Learning a second language is great for your mind's health. Spanish and French are good for English speakers to learn due to the many cognates. But they're Romance languages while English is Germanic, so sentence structure is different in certain cases.

>They say america will be a 46% spanish speaking country by 2030

Sounds like they're faggots, like you.