What the Fuck is With Doom and Gloom Bullshit

I don't give a shit what political alignment you are, liberal or conservative, Trumpeter or Shillary or any other fuckwit from another continent moaning about DOOOOM!, be it environmental, economic, military, domestic, whatever. If you even bothered to open a history book you'd know that people have been screeching about the end of the world since there were people. Europe thought the world was going to end during the era of the First Crusade (and later again during the Plague), which was why it was so popular among nobility because it was a way to win brownie points with god before the Rapture.

Pessimists will always be harping about how everything is shit and the world is doom, and then there's the nutter doom cultists actively preaching the shit. And y'know what? They're always fucking wrong. This mad world of ours keeps on spinning, and will keep on spinning for a period of time so long we can't even truly comprehend it.

I'm rambling, so I'll summarize. We're fine. We're going to be fine. This ISIS shit will eventually blow over, along with every other shitstorm to come. Things always work themselves out, and when needed mankind always steps up to bat. Every man or woman who tries to spread fear of whatever doom supposed to destroy us is merely a liar fishing for followers for whatever their movement is and should be ignored.

So fuck it all, let's have a good feels thread for humanity.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/8d2VoN3oiZ8
vecernji.hr/hrvatska/svaki-mjesec-44-lijecnika-napustaju-hrvatsku-915899
zahitvstation.com/watch-al-jazeera-english-live
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

youtu.be/8d2VoN3oiZ8

I agree 100% OP... so what if there are movements to gain control over once sovereign nations... who cares if mudslimes (or any other ass hat for that matter) continue killing people for an imaginary God..... who cares if politicians keep fucking us all over for a couple dollars or more power... it's all good... just sing a happy little song and keep on keep'n on.

You sound like a real normal kinda guy. Not fuck off ya tard, nothing ever gets fixed unless you admit it's fucked. Or do you not change a fucking light bulb when it burns out (lame analogy I now, deal with it) cause ya know that's be pessimistic to think of that shit as a problem in need of a solution.

i'm a bona fide historian. i can't count the number of times i've dived into these moments when people heralded the end of times had come. things always kept going. things will always keep going. things that had us believe would change everything forever are mostly forgotten.

today's events are hardly worth noting in the greater scheme of things. it's just our relative geographical and temporary proximity that makes us overrate them.

You're legit retarded if you don't see doom fast approaching

>This ISIS shit will eventually blow over, along with every other shitstorm to come.
But, my friend, it's not just ISIS. :^)

the build up for the battle of the world isn't a worthy event?

the world is shrinking, and there seems to be an inevitable "us or them" situation on the horizon, china is on the path to being both the greatest economic power humanity has ever known and totally uninhabitable.

nothing currently happening has historical precedent

Never in history have millions of people been voluntary allowed into a country so they can wipe out the native population.

This is now happening all over the west

soon there won't be a "west" just more places full of blacks, muslims, and mestizos

i stand by my point. you'll see.

Granted, the plague wasn't the end of the world, but kind of a shitty example for "baseless doom and gloom" considering it was the fucking plague.

Also, wars. Not always the end of the world, but wars nonetheless.

shut the fuck up nigger. There has been no time in human history where everything has developed so extremely fast in just one single century. Think about it. For thousands of years the humanity led their stone-building, fishing and farming and spear-wielding ways until the industrial revolution which began the age of the happenings. We may actually be living the final times before mass death of overgrown human race

i'm not saying tomorrow or next week, i'm saying in the next 30 years or so, most of us will be alive.

we have africans breeding like 3:1, meaning there will be 2 billion nignogs that have never effectively fended for themselves, the us and europe literally feed water and medicate them, and they fucking hate us for it.

Muslims rapidly approaching on europe, and just kind of casually advancing everywhere. they're literally all sleeper cells by their religion's design.

china will have to do something drastic at some point, it's just the path they're on.

im just hoping we can get the donald in and start a mentality of watching some more of this shit from afar, we have our 2 greatest allies(the atlantic and the pacific) protecting us.

Nobody said "doom and gloom" until people started reading media's spin on it. what he said was not that bad

>today's events are hardly worth noting in the greater scheme of things. it's just our relative geographical and temporary proximity that makes us overrate them

You dumbass. Don't you even realize that modern age can't be compared with last five or ten thousand years. Nothing that has been invented in ancient times compares to what has been invented in last hundred years. nothing. And we have no idea what long-term effects the modern science, artificial intelligence interent, medication have on humanity because you can't compare those things to misfortunes that happened to undeveloped human race couple of centuries ago. Things that happened to them happened in smaller scale, even in case of the pandemic or something like that because people didn't move around globe in an eyeblink back then

If you'd open up a history book you'd realise that history is repeating itself.
Retard.

projections never pan out the way they'er designed. they just don't. do some research and go through the data of past projections. the error margin was fucking huge, no exceptions.

here's some real talk, which will actually be scarier than anything you just think you pointed out to me if you just really think about it: the future is not predetermined. it's entirely and completely chaotic. looking back, you will always see path contingencies and be able to build narratives around them. but that just doesn't work looking forward.

thanks for proving my point

>he fell for the meme

2 responses from this ID.

Maybe things turned out alright in the past because people realized what was going on and took action.

And that isn't doom. The plague wasn't doom either. No matter how bad things get they will always improve. The world is a roller coaster of highs and lows

See, this is the exact shit I'm talking about. You have people running around like chickens squawking over things they don't understand or haven't bothered to look up. Humanity repeats itself- people have been killing each other over imaginary gods since time immemorial. We're all part of the great human system that inhabits this planet, and it's a wheel that's been turning for millennia and will keep on turning for millennia. We all do our little jobs as individuals, we all change our own light-bulbs and it keeps everything running, and will keep everything running. We naturally work everything out, and the modern era is no different. Just how it was no different when people were harking that it was the end of times during the Black Plague or the Mongol invasions.

Yes but the thing is that we SURVIVED them all. The world didn't suddenly roll over and croak from them- not even fucking nuclear war could accomplish that. The worst state we were ever in was when we were a fresh species migrating out of Africa when Toba erupted. Nothing has ever been that bad since.

Man doom is such a great fucking game
I'm gonna replay Sup Forums.wad

Also OP, when people say doom, they don't mean that the world will end, they mean that it will change, severely for the worse.

People who might as well be your friends, family and neighbors all over the western world are being brutally fucking murdered in targeted attacks by an insane death cult that has turned every country that the cult runs into an apocalyptic nightmare zone.

That might be why people are upset you fucking child.

Which is nothing more than a passing time of despair. The shitshow is never permanent, neither is the golden age.

>"we're gonna be fine"
>"we"

You mean the Africans and Chinese who are left in a couple of centuries

>People who might as well be your friends, family and neighbors all over the western world are being brutally fucking murdered in targeted attacks by an insane death cult that has turned every country that the cult runs into an apocalyptic nightmare zone.
lol

Hey there ahmed, hows the new country treating you? Is it too cold in your new home?

It's entirelt possible for it to be permament, or at least very long. For example, we permamently colonised Australia. That spelt doom for Aboriginal ""society"" for good. Global warming could possibly cause permament increases in damage to the planets eco system. Europe could potentially be outbred by muslims and face a long lasting problem.
It ain't the end of the world, but it sure is possiblr for the world to get shittier.

i'm roman catholic though, born and bred german. never once voted for a left-wing party. i'm also not a hysterical nancyboy.

You have a strange definition of family and neighbors. My family are my close relations. The people being killed in overseas terror attacks are so utterly removed from my genetic heritage that the only reason why I even know they existed in the first place is because they showed up in the news- in any prior era I wouldn't even know they existed. The French, Germans, Poles, English, etc are most certainly not my neighbors unless they happen to live in my physical neighborhood, and as they don't I am neither aware of their existence beyond a simple intellectual level nor deeply care for them (because I have never met them). Worrying about terrorism is also a farce because not only am I far more likely to die from a car crash or cancer, but so are the people in France and Germany because 100 people dying in an attack is frankly... fairly minor in both a historical and statistical context. Obviously it's a matter of national security that such agents of disorder and slaughter are able to operate without being hunted down and killed- but doom? If it's doom it's a fairly pathetic one. Call back when they bomb something like the World Trade Center- then I'll worry.

Also, worrying about death cultists who for the most part are incompetents who only succeed in their attacks because of lackluster security and merrily importing them in the first place as refugees doesn't worry me, that's a problem with an obvious solution. I'd be far more worried about any potential terrorism from a group that isn't comprised of mongoloids who know a thing or two about biochem and are able to weaponize fun stuff like retroviruses to use on wheat or barley.

>you'd know that people have been screeching about the end of the world since there were people.
People aren't talking about the end of the world, you fucking retard. They're talking about the end of civilization as they know it, and that's a very real threat that has come to fruition countless times throughout history. Virtually every empire has fallen and its citizens have been massacred, raped, enslaved, displaced, forced to live in horrible conditions or ruled by a foreign power.

Hillary represents a continuation of the gradual decline of western civilization and the subversion of white people in favor of minorities.

Trump represents a potential reversal of this, where minorities and women are no longer given preferential treatment, and where white men are no longer treated as villains and second class citizens.

i largely am not a doom and gloom person, and no, i didn't think i was providing stunning new facts to someone whose into politics, i'm just saying i think you're underestimating how big the world was then and how small it is now.

>marxist cucks will say absolutely anything to do damage control for any anti-western ideology

This is actually wonderful. I'm a seasoned 'wanna be' academic, but seriously, what you are seeing is a normalization. Blacks are actually a smaller percentage of world population than whites. Equilibrium is being reached and it's rather remarkable.

I see nothing wrong with that graph. People may look at it and think ~ zomg, blacks are breeding like flies and look at asians! They just stopped, thank heavens! This is nonsense. You can't have a credible threat and an overwhelming incompetence exist to end society as we know it. It just can't happen for the same reasons that helium cannot be inert, stable and also radioactive and unstable.

My point is, let's imagine that either side is right. Blacks are dumb and inferior. Look, they are multiplying. They will never gain power over everyone if they are indeed as dumb as people claim. The other side - blacks are humans, equal, but prone to more violence. Might makes right? No. Order and power does. The argument that idiots with weapons can win over intelligence is dumb. If blacks are better than whites, smarter than whites and a dominating species, then I accept that. I'd kill anyone that threatens my own life and fight to my death defending what I love, but I won't give a flying fuck if the opponent that beats me is better than me. You don't fucking lose to people that are worse than you.

>you're underestimating how big the world was then and how small it is now.
most definitely not. i'm a professional in this field.

i hate to repeat myself, but it's really important to let go of this naive idea of a predetermined future. it's tough because everybody has this gutteral urge to know where he's going so he can keep thinking he's still in control. but that's never been true. no one's in control of anything, and no one knows where the world is headed. you will have a plethora of predictions, and some will come true by the rules of sheer probability. but most, almost all in fact, won't.

as much as it pains you, it's time to not let your own actions and thinking be determined by a future which most likely simply will not happen.

Oh, I'm also not a giant pussy that thinks personal responsibility or self defense fall upon anyone but the individual. Anyone that does is a fucking moron or coward.

>le empires fall
America is currently the most powerful a nation has ever been in history. And no, empires do not suddenly go up in smoke. Rome's fall was preceeded by CENTURIES of decay as its military power slowly dried up courtesy of constant barbarian invasions and civil wars- it neither fell nor was built within 24 hours. Civilizations do not collapse quickly, they experience slow corrosion until the coup de grace is inflicted by some minor invader. Given America's current might (and our ability to literally take on every single ship ever made in history and the modern day, all at once, and win), we definitely won't be going anywhere for at least a century. If not two for years of uncontested supremacy.

>I don't have a comeback because I expect people to have a deep emotional connection for people they have never met nor even knew who existed

If you're that deeply attached to total strangers, I think you're the one who has a problem user. Emotion in excess is bad for you. The shootings in Europe have all been tragedies, but tell me, do you still daily mourn for those lost in the Oklahoma Bombing? 9/11?

>t. sandy acres

>species
Hirohito, I have some bad news to break for you.

i don't really know why you think i think anything is predetermined, i'm saying any number of cataclysmic shitty things could happen.

the next 30 years look pretty epic, the first world really fucked shit up on their way up resource wise, now the rest of the world would like to do the same.

>Rome's fall was preceeded by CENTURIES of decay as its military power slowly dried up courtesy of constant barbarian invasions and civil wars- it neither fell nor was built within 24 hours.
that's another point people with a lack in understanding history fail to make. things have inherent resilience to them. relative times moved slower in earlier ages, which has been functionally replaces by everything being interwoven globally.

>could
keyword.

Fuck off german cuck. sure it wont happen if we fucking stop you cucks for doing it (and we will). But if everyone stood and watched you cucks fucking things up, the world would go the way user predicted.

you can't even build a working government bro. you can't even fuck with slovenia and their fishing rights. good luck stopping anything, flyover state.

Except the rest of the world can't fight America, and America is fine resources-wise. We've got a shitload of oil left to be drilled, and hopefully our civilians vote and push intelligently to wean ourselves off oil and push Fusion energy research so we can abandon fossil fuels, solar, etc altogether.

I'm white as shit, faggot, as you can guess from the immaculate cock I place in your mouth with this rebuttal. If you want to argue that they are not the same species for political reasons, go suck a dick. The scientific argument is currently solid. I can see where ideas sprout from otherwise, but I follow all that is real. If your argument is better, present it. But it isn't. So suck a dick.

USA is falling. Its falling MUCH faster then any other empire.its been on top for less then a century, and China will replace it in fairly short time (by 2025).

Give a day, why don't you, Cheng? Go suck a dick too, you fucking faggot.

No it won't

>

Unwin's conclusions, which are based upon an enormous wealth of carefully sifted evidence, may be summed up as follows. All human societies are in one or another of four cultural conditions: zoistic, manistic, deistic, rationalistic. Of these societies the zoistic displays the least amount of mental and social energy, the rationalistic the most. Investigation shows that the societies exhibiting the least amount of energy are those where pre-nuptial continence is not imposed and where the opportunities for sexual indulgence after marriage are greatest. The cultural condition of a society rises in exact proportion as it imposes pre-nuptial and post-nuptial restraints upon sexual opportunity.[2]

>According to Unwin, after a nation becomes prosperous it becomes increasingly liberal with regard to sexual morality and as a result loses it cohesion, its impetus and its purpose. The process, says the author, is irreversible:

Meh our goverment is corrupt and did what they did to get into EU, but we have dealt wih Slovenians border dispute. We are out of it and dont give a single fuck.

The reason why we cannot "build" a gov is because people dont want to vote for establishment status quo, and have to make serious sacrifices with 3rd party that is right winged.

That you wouldnt know since your "built" goverment is literally calling 3rd world shitskins to rape all those nice blondies in ass. Why not send them more to Croatia? We treat them very well and you outta know it.

Cuck...

>falling
I guess in Croatia the word has the opposite meaning, because America is more powerful than at any point in history, and is only INCREASING in power. Our military might never stops marching forward, and we're fast approaching the point when we'll start fielding railgun artillery that is nigh impossible to intercept and better than missiles, and already have started to experiment and deploy laser defense systems. On top of that our economy IS the global economy, so anything done to us directly fucks up everybody else. We don't import economic disasters, we export them.

Sounds like a batshit lunatic that directly conflicts with world history considering medieval and post medieval Europe were extremely sexually liberated yet constantly rising in power.

Cheng? Lol fuck off jap...USA is going down and by 2050 will be what UK is today. Non factor. When it gets run over by mexicans and blacks, hey will carry the flag "forward".

You shouldn't be so salty just because you live in a Balkan shithole.

grab a dictionary jole, will you. you don't have the mental prowess to run with the big dogs.

we've had institutional stability for over 60 years and built a top economy over the decades thanks to that. institutional stability includes a working and functional political system and a general societal consensus. neither of which will ever be within reach for balkans people as you're sending your young and able-bodied workers to be our plumbers and parcel drivers because you failed to build anything of worth by yourself. literally europe's africa.

enjoy the sun :^)

Mhm...your army is marching where? You literally dropped your pants in entire ME. BTW, there is another country with great military and it doesnt make them great at all.

As I said, in few decades you are out. Blacks and mexicans will carry a flag of American Empire and we all know how good they are at doing anything remotely good (beside sports and telenovelas).

>Yes but the thing is that we SURVIVED them all.

We survived guys with sharp rocks, and we survived guys with spears, and we survived guys with guns. We have not survived Nuclear War yet. All-out Nuclear War could very easily make this planet unlivable. So could a celestial disaster like a meteor strike, which has killed entire branches of evolution off; a widespread environmental disaster could cause such a collapse that it could lead to Nuclear War. Just because we haven't all died in the few thousand years we've been alive doesn't mean we're invincible.
"Don't worry about it" is not a survival strategy, tbqhm8.

Doom is on the horizon because doom is always on the horizon. There will always be an extinction event staring us down, and the first step in avoiding them is identifying them.
If there's a rapist on the loose, I'd lock my doors and ready my weapons. I wouldn't say "Well, he probably wouldn't kill us after he rapes us," and leave the door open. For Kek's sake, have some foresight.

>I'm white as shit
>talks about dick every other sentence

hi jamal

>We have not survived Nuclear War yet.
the cold war was a nuclear war and if you don't think so i literally don't know how to help you

>considering medieval and post medieval Europe were extremely sexually liberated yet constantly rising in power

What, no they fucking weren't

Nice stability...AFD proposes help for new families because German population is skydiving, and literally entire Bundestag calls them racist and nazis becuase "bu huuuu we have our imigrants, they will bring the children".

Hans, you are fucking done. Cancer has spread and all you can do is watch it unfold.

For sure fucking Turks that marched German streets the other day for Erdogan will have sam affection for Deutschland. Kek...just watch and enjoy. As you said, you are VERY educated as history goes so you probably know that much much bigger empires lell(you are not even empire btw, just Euro cuck mascot), you will go down easily.

What your go is doing is called genocide. Same style that China has been doing in Tibet, only yours is inside job.

Meh woulsnt call them able bodied nor best, they are literally worst. Have 3 cousins just now in Stuttgart and Frankfurt so I know what Im talking about.

We will send you idiots to build your roads, you will send us nice german ladies that dont want non of that brown cock and a real european one cant find in Germany.

How many Nuclear Weapons were used in anger in the Cold War, ballpark? I'm getting an estimate of ~0. Threat is not use. We have not survived the detonation of a nation's Nuclear arsenal, and we would not survive it. If you think surviving having a gun pointed at you and surviving a gunshot wound are the same thing, I don't know how to help you.

>Mhm...your army is marching where? You literally dropped your pants in entire ME. BTW, there is another country with great military and it doesnt make them great at all.
We march wherever the fuck we want. Also destabilizing the middle east seems to have been a success for us, considering there hasn't been another major attack since 9/11 and now they're mostly just killing each other. On top of that we have an enemy even more batshit than the Nazis or Soviets to serve as an international punching bag to strengthen relations around over slaughter of a mutual foe.

And no, there is no other military on the entire fucking planet even remotely close to ours, as we possess the most powerful navy in all of history, and unlike the Brits we aren't hotly contested by the French or Germans. Nobody is even capable of invading us due not having the ships or planes to do so, and we already control most naval trade on the entire fucking planet.

Stay mad irrelevant backwater.

Nuclear war is vastly overhyped and would not be nearly as devastating as the memes would have you believe. Not only are modern arsenals far smaller and focused on precision over tonnage (which means small blasts wiping out cities but leaving rural areas A-OK), but we have already fired 2,000 Nukes alone during the Cold War, and have not died from radiation clouds or massed fireballs of death. Nuclear war would just basically gut the nations hit by them, but it would not cause the extinction of mankind or not NEARLY make the planet "unlivable". Many would die, but mankind would survive, and even the nations hit would probably survive as well, albeit as severely reduced and minor states.

Yes they were. Nudity and sex were rife. The Middle Ages were extremely liberated time and the idea of them being ultra conservative where showing your ankle was scandalous comes from nonsense manufactured by the Victorians. You had carnivals which were basically anonymous sex orgies and during the time of the Tudors, doctors recommended men have sex with their wives at very least weekly or else they would go mad with lust from their cum building up.

Honestly sexuality during the middle ages and post middle ages period is a fairly interesting subject and extremely risque. Some of the shit they did would get you arrested and registered as a sex offender.

i don't think you can correctly parse what "institutional stability" means, but it's okay, i didn't really expect you too, to be honest.

you are massively obsessed with the empire narrative, which i admit is very sexy to the easily impressed, but doesn't hold much water considering both empirical data and the nature of international institutionalism. empires don't exist beyond the nominal british or japanese empires, which are constitional monarchies at best anyway. even considering superinstitutional empires which reach beyond the political and diplomatic system, encompassing economical or cultural influence and soft power, there is no way but to obsere a multipolarity, which comes with its respective interrelational complecity. even fukuyama recognized that back in 1994.

tl;dr go play some igrice, brale

also the fact remains that you are sending your educated young men and women by the tens of thousands because you were all more interested in svercati and lining your own pockets rather than invest in post-war nation-building, leading to the current situation that croatia has zilch to offer to its young generation in terms of employment chances and long-term prospects. flimsy nationalism won't pay your pensions.

thanks for the human capital, brale. we appreciate it, and we thank you for your contribution to the ongoing german hegemony in europe. you can feel free to console yourself with in Sup Forums hugbox/echo chamber. m-muh empires... c-cucking... b-black dicks teehee

>for humanity

>on Sup Forums
>on Sup Forums
>some place this misanthropic
what the hell are you doing?

Source? I doubt your claims

Nuclear weapons lack the yields necessary to do any long term damage to earth, and don't even have the raw firepower to wipe out human life in a targeted nation either. What they'd do is basically gut the nation and leave it exposed to invasion, but most casualties would not come from the nuclear weapons themselves. Nor fallout. It would be the breakdown of services that would be the real killer, like the starvation in immediate postwar Japan.

So yes, you'd very much survive the gunshot. It's just the wound would get infected.

a couple of thousands, see . the nuclear arsenal was very much a factor of utmost importance throughout the second half of the 20th century in literally every single diplomatic decision. this has never been the case before, and it will never be the case again. the cold war was a nuclear war.

Hey, you're probably right. We probably wouldn't fire back at whomever fired on us. And they wouldn't likely do the same in the reversed situation, and no one else would take advantage of the chaos to fire on their own hated rival nation. That probably could never happen, probably.

I think you're underselling the fact that technology can undoubtably make a planet uninhabitable at this point. The levels of sheer killing-power at our disposal are levels that the past just hasn't dealt with before. I'm not saying it's guaranteed to go down that way, but it certainly CAN.

The Middle Ages by Morris Bishop. Church law conflicted with sexual activities, but the thing is that telling the church to piss off was a commonly practiced activity on the continent (especially by ze Germans).

The world has been getting shittier by the year for all of history. All previously civilized countries are devolving into third world nations. fuck off

>The world has been getting shittier by the year for all of history. All previously civilized countries are devolving into third world nations. fuck off
how can countries have become civilized if the world has been getting shittier by the year for all of history

also, empirical data suggest otherwise. unless you're a woman, in which case how you feel about the world obviously takes precedence over scientific data.

>modern technology
>planet unlivable

The K/T event, the asteroid that wiped out the dinosaurs, unleashed 420 zettajoules, or around 100 Terratons of TNT upon impact. This is BILLIONS times more the energy of the nukes dropped on our friend Hirohito and all of our nuclear weapons combined couldn't even come CLOSE to that level of firepower. Global Warming is also overhyped in the sense that it could end life on earth- there aren't enough greenhouse gases on Earth to release to create a "runaway" effect to turn Earth into a dense and hot planet like Venus. We could certainly kill ourselves off and cause a mass extinction, but it'd just be the Permian/Triassic Great Dying electric boogaloo. We'd die, but complex life would still survive.

It's a cheesy quote, but life really does find a way. Even ripping Earth away from the Sun so we totally froze into a solid block of ice wouldn't kill off life (or humans for that matter, a very small population of a couple million could survive with no star at all by living off geothermal energy and algae).

..Except data expressly shows life has been getting better and better consistently throughout history because the average human lifespan continues to march forward, as does quality of life?

Whatever you're smoking, you should put it down.

Where did those weapons land? Anywhere we've heard of?

It doesn't have to be just the gunshot, because everything goes with it, doesn't it? Even if it doesn't become a cluster-fuck that chars the surface of the earth, a nuclear strike on US soil would still tear us apart, and put our backs to the wall, and we'd probably turn to our military arm to set things right. The same with Russia, and China.

And it does us no good to not consider this as a possible future. We need to be prepared for it, no matter how unlikely, because to not be prepared would be our undoing.

what kinda retard logic is that desu. if i point my gun at you and threaten to kill you, if i shove it down your throat but decide to kick your ass instead, would you go "no sir, officer, this wasn't gun violence"

Unlivable for us, humans, is what I meant. We're capable of killing ourselves off as a species.

If you ain't scared, then you ain't paying attention

We can't be too prepared, or at least blatantly. Nuclear war is prevented primarily by MAD, nobody but the insane is willing to be the guy that twitches first, but everybody will fire in return. The problem is that if the enemy knows if you have flawless interceptors (such as orbital missiles), they'll panic, a new arms race starts, and suddenly we're in the Cold War again.

Disarmament though is certainly fucking retarded. Nukes are one of the best things we ever made because so long as nobody behaves like a drooling retard, there won't be another world war between eurofucks for a very long, long time. Or hell, maybe ever. Maybe the next great war will be the War of the Worlds/Colonies.

Well you certainly didn't shoot me. If I point a gun at you, then put it away and beat you up then you don't have to worry about a bullet entering your skull, do you? This is a pretty grim metaphor, and I don't actually have that kind of animosity to you. You seem like a bretty cool dood.

The point I'm driving at is that total extinction isn't impossible, and we are better off staying aware of it than dismissing it.

That's sorta true, although you'd need more than the modern nuclear arsenal. You'd need height of the cold war tsar bombas coupled with bio-weapons galore, such as engineered viruses.

gee this tweetable one-liner is such a good, thought-provoking contribution to this discussion. thanks bro, much appreciated. sorry i can't give you the like you deserve here.

i pay attention and i'm not scared, tell me why i should be

skip the religion shit please

I've got better things to be scared of, and I'm too jaded by history.

I bet you still support obongo don't you?

The final stages of the silent weapon system are beginning, meaning that your kid's kids are probably going to be cattle regardless of which candidate wins and which political power moves in.
We lost a war we never fought in.

per definitionem, gun-related violence is a subset of gun violence because of the overwhelming threatening capacity. you can transfer this anology to cold war.

also yeah this thread actually went somewhere, i'm impressed

I cannot properly respond to you since Im on phone now and its just pain in the ass.

All Im going to say is that , no we are not. you are, I suppose, naturalized German of Croatian origin. Probably leftist by the look of it and obviously wrong. Educated DO NOT go in droves. Most who work are exactly the same like Poles in England, lower educated youth like their families before them were. Like your father probably was when he lived in Croatia or Serbia or wherever...

Point is you guys are fucking done. No amount of schematics and acting smart will change the fact that with current popultion policy by 2010 there is no Germans or Germany. That trend is changing by brining 3rd world shitskins over and having them breed like rabbits.

Its absolute sight to see it btw

Doom and gloom seem to be the zeitgeist of the western world in this era.

Things are only "fine" if you have a cognitively functioning population which can act rationally, adapt to their circumstances and learn from their mistakes.

Have a look at Africa, senpai. Is Africa "fine"? Has Africa been "fine"? Will Africa be "fine"? Why would that be?

There was a time before humans, and there will be a time after humans. The end will come; this is undeniable.

vecernji.hr/hrvatska/svaki-mjesec-44-lijecnika-napustaju-hrvatsku-915899

hope you never get sick, bro

I agree that being too prepared in force-of-arms alone is a bad idea. If you have a perfect gun and a perfect shield, you're going to want to use them both. And you're certainly going to become a bully.

My standpoint is an unpopular one on Sup Forums, and that is a move away from nationalism. Not towards globalism, but an even split between the two. War is inevitable, it's in our genes, but so is rationale and the ability to moderate our impulses. As humans, we should all agree that a bloody end is possible, and like we did in the Cold War, we should not simply dismiss the probability but actively avoid the bad-end scenarios.

declinism is effeminate as fuck desu

don't be vague faggot, what will your grandchildren (i sure as hell ain't having kids) be cattle for?

aren't we already cattle (more like a workhorse) for the elite, in a manner of speaking anyways?

I'm not going to waste my time explaining this bullshit to you

There are people who get paid good money to do that:

zahitvstation.com/watch-al-jazeera-english-live

the west is in decline, the eastern star is rising.

judgement is here, the king is coming...

Trump is not wrong, I am waiting to see if the masses will agree or if the powers will block their will

Seems legit

I disagree that simply carrying a gun while engaging in violence should be considered gun violence. If I have something that I never bring into the fight, it isn't actually in the fight. We're splitting hairs over the definition of Nuclear War, though, and I'll concede the point to you for the sake of the discussion.

haven't you heard the end is near