Sup Forumsco/'s Bizarre Adventure - Why am I the one making this thread Edition

Previous Thread: Past Threads: pastebin.com/UprS7B3X

MAIN TOPIC: Finishing up part 4, then starting part 5

READ THESE LINKS BEFORE CONTRIBUTING YOUR AUTISM
(ALSO, try not to suggest 1:1 copies of characters and events in JJBA)

>Canon Stand Info for the Ignorant and Forgetful
jojo.wikia.com/wiki/Stand
jojo.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Stands

>Plot summaries and character list
pastebin.com/vbD28iMx (this is out of date, fix it)

>Abilities and Stands
pastebin.com/vYTvZPFP
docs.google.com/document/d/1QycIbBT6L7Ny5elmmnhI4OdQYk-yJ-mGJC6TrdwBii8

>Every part, in order
1 - docs.google.com/document/d/1IdBYK9zXpJrDc4vAIHnRLmZpPiKyxiIkj25oOTaaeF0
2 - docs.google.com/document/d/1KA0-Y_HnU_m6V5pwZ7fEtqGMnwm43NrshzANTcCxr34
3 - docs.google.com/document/d/1hDbP7BA0XBP3_3GW0uphroYjQdcW1EW5b37w-r_lsaI
4 - docs.google.com/document/d/1zn-D4aD-cBBfpBtfTLmVM_D9C1cGPYgDYRl_CCGbnsw
5 - docs.google.com/document/d/1UNm7KLXgWF0LMxCCq3VZ3O_VJ8vEqj7d22RjnDqVIEg/edit?usp=sharing
6 - docs.google.com/document/d/1l9034tpMm4EdF1NGzisA2bCXBDvUbx_vTR69hXjp_iY/edit?usp=sharing
7 - docs.google.com/document/d/1SDhmnLrv5dtVAZx2ewx1JKTsZVoXkE8LRw-8rK2gyhQ/edit?usp=sharing
8 - docs.google.com/document/d/10wx78PDHPNMygoTbFvihjTjPF-DwP1Ced8XKT3YNzUQ/edit?usp=sharing

>Phantom Scare: Chapter 1
pastebin.com/bsmui6f7

>Images
ccba.booru.org/

>Fighting Game
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B0lqXHlZXEFTaFppZV96ejU5b2s&usp=sharing

>Voice Impressions
pastebin.com/DcZUTVx1

>Sup ForumsCo/ playlist:「THE SHOW MUST GO ON」
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLLWEiXuZ9FOaYfU_0hIoo6qadB1yEO_Km

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/A3XBcCpK
youtube.com/watch?v=7myGrxxhLaY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Part 4 to do list:

-Stan VS Coraline and Foster’s Home Imaginary Friends/stands
-Stan VS Recess Gang (half-way written, don’t know if the guy who wrote it will continue)
-Gadget’s funeral could use more details
-Penny, J&SB VS Jumba (there’s a skeleton for this, we’ll embellish it later)
-Shaggy & Scooby VS The Hardy Boys
-Scrooge, Eds, & Stan VS Flintheart Glomgold
-Shaggy & Scooby VS The Crust Cousins (probably not much of a fight if they're Oingo and Boingo)
-Shaggy & Scooby + Recess Gang VS TBA
-Penny, J&SB, Shaggy & Scooby(?), & Weird Al VS Snow White, Cinderella, & Aurora
-The final battle with Fred and everything that entails

Try to knock a few more of these off the list before going balls deep into part 5 if you can.

Bonkers trying to avoid getting a possible prison sentence or just trying to cause a distraction big enough to let him escape leads him to break into Foster's home.

He frees the LHC and it looks like they're formulating a plan to get the hell out of dodge, hoping to strike at Penny and the CoCo's when their guard is down in the future.

But then the Stand Court happens.

Have we settled yet for the assassin in the Shaggy & Scooby+Recess Gang fight?

We were going to have ninjas, but that felt too... distracting.

What Sup Forums character would not mind killing kids?

Let's just go with Ratigan, he has no qualms about killing kids and he has a stand suggestion already.

Are we switching out Shaggy and Scooby for the CoCo in that fight is my question, since this was brought up last thread that the CoCo fall too much out of focus after the Glomgold fight (which also needs attention).

How many fights do we have per character? it does feel that the CoCo fell out of focus after gadget's death

This thing still exists?

There's a lot of group fights, the main problem is Shaggy and Scooby come in past the half way mark, so any fights they get won't have much buffer between them.

I know right? Why the fuck su is still a thing when it should be dead? I mean cancelled

Im surprised that this fruit of mediocrity that was planted by nepotism is still fucking going.

SU is garbage.

I see, probably we should change them with someone who had a previous interaction with the gang.

I get no one else was on the job to make the thread but ya could have at least updated what was within your power to update.

Past Threads: pastebin.com/A3XBcCpK

Pic Related

Hey, I looked for a link for the updated pastebin of past threads, I assumed someone updated the dumb thing instead of remaking it EVERY thread. You really should just make one pastebin, retain the ability to edit it, then update it so we don't have to have a new link every thread for the collection of past threads.

Sounds good. I guess there can be a scene right after the LHC heads are beaten of someone using the jaws of life to get Bonkers out from under the thing before he bolts.

And I think the LHC need a greater end game, they're a group of wealthy serial killers, but they bought a stock pile of stand jawbreakers.

I think they should be planning on forming a stand army under their control so they can take over whatever they want whenever they want.

What about Stan?

When I said the "CoCo" that just short for Stan, Ed, Edd, Eddy, and Scrooge since they make up the Conman Coalition.

I'm suggesting they fight Ratigan before they get to the Hill to face off the LHC.

Ratigan will be their last ditch effort to force the CoCo to back off since he'll threaten the children.

I meant one of the CC in my previous post. Like, if it was going to be just one character. But now that makes more sense.

Also yeah, I do agree that the CC, or more especially Eds and Stan, fall out of focus greatly during the second half. I know Scrooge at least aids Penny in her fight against Loeb and Bonkers.

Ok, Ratigan is gonna be rat sized or human sized? We already have Tom & Jerry in the previous part being significantly taller than in their shows.
We also need to design his Stand, if we follow the chameleon-bot idea I can make a description on the fly

Rat sized.

He can pilot his stand/chameleon bot like a robot or work it remotely if it doesn't need to be convincing.

I think he should pretend to be Penny to try to stab them in the back, that's his entrance.

Hank dies during Part 3-4 and comes back in Part 5 as a ghost.

They don't fall too much out of focus since Penny has the spotlight for all of what would amount to three chapters: "VS Jumba", "visit Danny and police raid", "VS Loeb and Bonkers" before the focus goes back to the CoCo for the Glomgold fight.

We can easily place the Glomgold events happening before Shaggy and Scooby VS the Hardy Boys since they probably happen simultaneously.

So it would have like a Rubber-Soul-imitating-Kakyoin sort of scene?

That censorship just annoyed the hell out of me when I was watching that.

Yeah, it'd be like that, or like Oingo's ability.

What's his stand's name? A limitation should be it can't become smaller than Ratigan if he's piloting it. If he's not inside of it, then it can become smaller than Ratigan.

I'm leaning more for the wearable stand idea, though i have some reservations about him being so small. Here's what i have so far:

Name: Poker Face (placeholder name)
Appearance: A sarcophagus/iron maiden shaped stand slightly bigger than Ratigan divided in six sections.
Abilities: When Ratigan entombs himself inside the Stand, razor wire-like strands will wrap around him and create a near perfect replica of another person or a made up appearance. While wearing one of these disguises, Ratigan can manipulate the razor wires for combat purposes: like creating blades or whips. He can also detonate his current disguise to produce a small area of effect attack, however this prevent him to make another replica while the stand reabsorbs its wire.

Maybe [THE GREAT PRETENDER] instead of Poker Face?

I'm pretty sure Jerry was also the size of a mouse in part 3, it added to the comedy where a little guy like him was throwing around train cars.

Him being small could make for an interesting reveal. they think his stand just lets him change his form, but then when it blows up they find out he was wearing his stand and he tries to get away as the rat he is.

He could even make a human sized version of his likeness to really fool people into thinking all his stand does is let him change shape.

Sounds great. I picked Poker face just because i didn't what to make a nameless Stand

The idea of a human sized replica of himself sounds good. So Taffy in part 5 is also mouse sized?

So I heard a stand relevant to part 4 needed opinions.

I like it, a cool reveal could be when someone pats Ratigan (dressed as Penny) on the shoulder and when he pulls his hand back it's cut up from the wire. Only question on the detonation, is it an explosion or the wire splitting off into a thousand barbs going every direction? I kind of like the last one better just because it's more original, but I'll let the jury decide on that point. As for a name... the appearance makes me want to give it an Iron Maiden related name, so maybe [ANOTHER LIFE] or [CHAINS OF MISERY] or [THE MAN WHO WOULD BE KING]? Any of those could work, last one fits Ratigan's personality pretty well while the first two relate to the stand itself.
I like the idea of him making a human-sized likeness of himself if we keep the "he's small" idea. Could give us an extra fight where after the heroes think they killed Ratigan in the first fight they split up in the LHC mansion, and Ratigan manipulates everyone into fighting each other, which is what lets the major LHC members split everyone up for their individual fights.

The reviews for the rest are still on hold until part 4 gets done, but as a whole good job everyone not posting to the thread. Keep it up, we're making good progress.

I'd assume Taffy is mouse sized, yes. We should really take advantage of that so he can get under people's clothes and turn their skin to cheese since I think we're playing him up as a "no survivors" type of merciless which he's hoping his friends can help him temper.

OK, so that's two for Ratigan is remaining rodent sized.

I like the idea of him being the cause of the group splitting up, but how does he pull that off? By pretending to bean LHC head while the real one makes for the opposite direction? How does he get finished off? Does he get killed in the stand court at Foster's?

I envisioned the explosion as a short range attack, where the disguise unravels and then the Stand must pull back the wires into itself. About the name, I leave that up to the jury.

I'm down for 's suggestion of [THE GREAT PRETENDER].

He'll need to be at least injured after faking his death like that. Once he separates the heroes in the Hills (you guys know this is an Oblongs reference, right?) he makes his own escape to Foster's to meet up with the princesses, thinking he got out of it all scot-free.

I was thinking he could do what you said about impersonating a LHC head initially, then once a few people are scattered he pretends to be an ally and lures people into rooms where other LHC members are waiting (Scrooge and the Eds are in a group for example, so Ratigan pretends to be Stan and tricks the Eds into the room where Hector is waiting). Just throwing things at the wall and seeing what sticks. As for his death, stand court should be fine. He could even try to take over now that pretty much all the heads are dead.
I think I get what you're saying. I dig it.

Never underestimate the power of autism

Does Ratigan going to Foster's make Bonkers going to Foster's redundant?

Or do they go there for different reasons? Ratigan because he knows the princesses are there and needs a power base, Bonkers because he wants revenge on Penny and heard them talking about Foster's while he was trapped under that steamroller.

I don't really think we need Bonkers to come back. I say let him get steamroller'd and just have Ratigan take the spot he was meant to take. Would make the scene before the stand court a little more intense too, because Ratigan's the kind of motherfucker who COULD revive the LHC, and you know he would in a heartbeat.

I kind of want Bonkers to survive the steamroller because his ability would allow him to, but then I just don't know what to do with him after it.

Maybe Silent Bob finishes him off before they leave for Foster's by opening a fire hydrant to drown since he could hear him still alive under there.

I imagined Bonkers would be too psychotic and dangerous to the heroes leave him alive for too long. You know, kind of like Cioccolata and Lowly

Bonkers can't make a sink hole going up into the steamroller because its still "burning" thanks to Jay, so he's stuck in the ground below it, he ca make sink holes, but he can't tunnel.

So I guess Silent Bob flooding him until he drowns is as good as any option to make sure Bonkers doesn't get a come back.

He probably does that after at least Penny leaves.

Just how deep do Bonker's sinkholes go anyway?

He can't make people sink to the earth's core, can he?

I imagine they'd suffocate in the hole before they got there, like quicksand.

They are described as "Hollywood Quick Sand traps" in the doc, so I assume that a portion of the affected surface becomes a sort of pit and the victims can sink until they reach that bottom.

Probably only deep enough for someone to suffocate in them.

The range is probably like 15 meters, that's how far away a pitfall trap can be from Bonkers to still work.

The sink holes themselves probably go down like 4 or 5 meters maximum, but Bonkers can control the depth otherwise, that way he can trap people inside of objects or sink people down to their necks for Loeb to stare them into panic mode easily.

So unless there's a sewer system, Bonkers has no way out.

This makes me wonder though. If it's a gun, what would it do if he shot someone? Would anything sink through them too?

Wait, its a gun? I don't remember [Don't bring me down] having a description

I thought we decided to make it a gun. I don't know if it was ever finalized or not though.

We already have two gun shaped stands in the doc I think? Maybe we should make it something else then.

I don't recall anything about the stand being a gun.

Bonkers uses a gun to shoot people once they're stuck in his traps, then bury the bodies with the power. He's the type who wants to see the life fade from people he kills' eyes.

I actually made up the Bonkers fight assuming he just needed to touch a surface to set up the trap, I don't even know what his stand looks like.

hmm, one is Yosemite Sam, and the other one?
The Stand was picked from the bunch of userless Stands in the suggestion list with only its power listed. If the power is activated with touch, it could be a more humanoid stand.

He reaches the "no shurvivors" level when things get shaky.

Before that he's the most mild mannered out of all of them. If Toph roughed up Xavier too much, he's calling her out on it and forcing her to apologize. Which leads to Xavier fucking blabbing about everything in a way that makes no sense and marking her for death.

After his friends start dropping dead, Taffy steps up and starts being ruthless. But it's still him. Squidward doesnt go through with betraying them because he likes these people, for heaven's sake.

Rocksteady is supposed to use a gun stand. He was suggested for part 7, but is still in the no part given section I think?

Well, it doesn't turn into a punch ghost slugfest, so the appearance can be whatever works.

I'm thinking maybe an Arakified bobcat version of pic related could work, thanks to the sinkhole thing.

How do you name the stands again?

i feel like some of the names are wierd

They're all music references. Browse through your music library (preferably classic rock) and pick a name that has something to do with the character or stand's power. People get twitchy if it's too on the nose, but there's generally enough people around that'll spot you a suitable replacement if they think the name needs work.

You name the stands after songs/albums/bands/musicians with a vague reference to their powers. (Don't Bring Me Down sinks things for example)

You should probably read the Jojo manga, or at least watch seasons 3-4 of the anime, if you don't understand the stands.

Currently we are not accepting stand or stand user suggestions unrelated to part 4. If you would like to make a suggestion, post it in the doc.

If you really want to stretch it out, the Jorge light novels named stands after things other than music, like tv shows and movies like Evil Dead and Twister.

36 Kars on Mars.

Jorge Joestar novels are non-canon though.

Unless you WANT to believe the universe was reset 36 times and there's a tribe of Perfect Karses living on Mars.

>36 Kuzcos

Only one of the 36 stopped whining and learned the lesson from the movie.

This whole thing feels like it's missing the "Bizarre" aspect of it. Like how all the serious characters could be weird, or all the weird characters could be serious. How you can take all the strangeness deadly serious.
I don't know, it's what I enjoy best about the series, posing and musical references are secondary.

We have Hank Hill with an army of robots beating up Kuzco because he wants to block out the sun with a disco ball. The inherent concept of throwing all these characters together and giving them punchghosts and dramatic stories about murderer clubs and demons creates the bizarre all by itself. What more do you want?

To stop it.

A guy with a snake for a hand and a beak for a mouth insults but also informs a blind girl after she beats the crap out of him before he disappears into the sunset to the tune of a spiritual flute while she gets marked for death by demons in an elaborate plan to waste mankind's spiritual potential by pantsing EVERYONE on earth at once.

I won't stop until it's over.

Absurdity doesn't equal weirdness. Most powers are actually straightforward, take the whole Pearl Jam/Tonio for example, the whole plot of that was mundane, but it was mostly bizarre because of Tonio's mannerisms and the over the top way Pearl Jam manifested itself. Similarly, Kenzo's Dragon's Dream was one of the weirdest stands but the effect was very simple.
Guess is able to turn things small, simple enough, but the whole fight was creepy because Guess herself was creepy.

I'm down with it.

So anyone have any thoughts on the Glomgold fight? We have the set up, the CoCo know he's with the LHC.

Where should they find him when the confrontation happens? How do they plan it? How do all their plans go to shit because of Glomgold's stand?

I know a few threads ago Mr. Krabs was suggested as the owner of a restaurant that all the Coalition ate at a lot, but that hasn't been added to the Doc, so I'll just repeat what was suggested to the best of my memory. All I know is Mr. Krab's stand was able to create food from garbage, but I don't know if other abilities were suggested. He would be a minor character anyway, but I'm pretty sure he wound up winning the initial Coalition bet as a joke. Also, while I don't have a name for it, I've got the design for it right here.
youtube.com/watch?v=7myGrxxhLaY

What turns me off to this idea is it keeps being pushed as "he won the bet" when he was never a part of the bet.

He owns the restaurant, sure.
He has a stand that can make garbage into food, sure.
At the end all the money he made serving the CoCo is taken by Pearl who wants a new whatever and the food turns to garbage as they're eating it and it does that 1980s movie ending thing where it plasters words on top of the characters that show how they ended up as they spit it out, sure.

But winning a bet he wasn't even a part of and had no knowledge of? Cut that out.

Yeah, no idea what was up with the "he wins the bet" thing.

I think the parts should end with this line from Double D.
>"Wait...how does a crab father a whale?"

What did you expect from a barely living "project" only kept on by a couple of autists whose writing and drawing capabilities are comparable to eight year olds?

Oh and I supposed you can do better, huh?

The guy who suggested Krabs just wanted him to be part of the CC, even though the group was already established from the very beginning.

I like Krabs appearing in a light-hearted mini arc like the one with Tonio in Part 4, but I don't like the idea of pushing him as another player of the bet either. Just add him as a local greedy restaurant owner who tries to cheat the CC.

Yeah, some of the already written parts need some humour and characters doing quirky acts out of the blue, like Johnny finding Gyro's unfunny antics cool or Josuke saying goofy stuff like "Oh no, I took a shit in the toilet and I forgot to clean up my hands!".

But right now, it seems the writers' priority is to finish up the main storyline of each part. The humor and quirkness can be added later once everything is organized properly.

>drawing capabilities are comparable to eight year olds?
y-you too

Why do you care so much? If you think you can do better, why the fuck aren't you contributing instead of yelling about how autistic we all are and how dead this project is? Literally what does any of that do for anything but make you out to be an attention whore?

I'm not disagreeing with you, but come on. You're argument is pointless. What are you going to get out of this?

We can pretty much agree Ratigan is supposed to face off the gang, and he tries to disguise himself as Penny beforehand, but how does his actual fight(s) go down?

Also, how are we gonna do the Shaggy and Scooby vs the Hardy Boys? And exactly how are we going to write them?

Bump

I think we should write the Hardy Boys as being older and washed up. That gives them more motive to blame Shaggy and Scooby for their failing careers.
The mystery solving gang circle is a pretty tight market.

Ratigan tries to stab one of the CoCo in the back disguised as Penny, when he's thwarted, he runs into a crowded street to escape. From here he can attack from anywhere, the Recess gang recognize some members of the CoCo and they can prove they are who they say they are by showing off their stands.

Now they have to catch the rat in a maze of people.

Should it end like the Steely Dan fight? Like with Ratigan taking someone hostage without their knowledge with his wire stand?

Would they still have the homoerotic, incestous mannerisms that they showed in that episode of South Park? You could say they became just like the McPoyles from It's Always Sunny.

Don't forget, we also have the versions from the 1969 animated series, which aired along with Scooby Doo and went as well as you'd expect.

I think it should end with him faking his own death with the self destruct power discussed above.

That way the heroes aren't suspecting there's a shapeshifter stand still on the loose when they get to the hills and he can easily separate them for the stronger LHC leaders to pick off before making his own escape.

I was thinking about the Venture Bros. version, I haven't seen that episode of South Park.

Is taffy summoning random cheese or whichever type he wishes? Because of what he wishes, I got a few ideas how he defeats people...

Shaggy and Scooby only SORTA recognize the twin hardy boys. Have no idea about the other ones.

"You see! This is why Ed Hardy cries himself to sleep everynight in my arms!"

It's only the brothers they encounter as far as I can tell based on the content we have so far for that fight.

The other Hardy Boys aren't included.

I think his second ability was to manipulate nearby cheese, either normal cheese or the one made with his first ability

The others just replaced Velma and Shaggy/Scooby, from what I can tell.

There was a girl in there too, who was basically Daphne.

They were the first of the Scooby doo rip offs.

I meant, the cheese that he creates, is it random, or is it whatever cheese he thinks about?

I think it's whatever he wants.

Ah perfect. I am the author behind Taffy, was just asking. Then the grilled cheese attacks from the RP Where I was using [WORLD ON FIRE] are good. Perrrrfect.

See the to do list

Still waiting on someone to step up and work on either the Hardy Boys' fight or the Glomgold fight or the Ratigan fight or, much earlier on in the part, Stan breaking into Foster's.

I'm kind of spent on ideas right now since I did most of the idea spinning at the end of last thread.

This is cancer. Complete utter trash. The fact that anybody spends their time on this actually amazes me

What's funny is that technically the Hardy Boys came out before Scooby Doo, thanks to their books being written in like the '20s or something, so them being pissed off about Scooby Doo being more popular makes even more sense.
The fact that anybody spends their time commenting on threads they hate instead of just hiding and ignoring it actually amazes me.

>This is cancer.
You're cancer.

>The fact that anybody spends their time commenting on threads they hate instead of just hiding and ignoring it actually amazes me.
I know right? It's like they have no common sense at all.

Bump

Ok, when and where the Ratigan fight takes place? I figured out he would have an initial fight (disguised as Penny), were He either fake his death with the detonation or gets "killed" only for his corpse to start to unravel after the gang leaves

Since in the time line it takes place right before they get the final piece of evidence from Shaggy and Scooby they need to identify the members of the LHC, it could happen in the restaurant, then spiral out into the streets.

At the end, Mr. Krabs collects on the insurance if his establishment was damaged in the fight.