Soccer Ties

Why doesn't soccer have tie-breakers?

Attached: Borefest.jpg (514x271, 50K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.com/sport/football/27184083
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

But it does.

they're pointless in a league system

Because ties scare of ADHS ridden americans.
Dog bless ties ;_;7

Because there are so many games it doesn't matter for most clubs in the long run if some end in a draw.

But games end in ties. Hence, no tie-breaker.

Matches that need not end in draws won't end in draws.

Because it trigger and keep yank away. Now go back to your hand egg.

0-0 is the best possible outcome for a game

this

truly patrician scoreline

If the game ends tied there should be a coinflip and the winner gets to take a penalty, if they score they win, if they miss the other team has the chance to win. NFL style.

They're called benudlies and they're a meme

>Why doesn't soccer have tie-breakers?
Traditionally, ties in soccer are decided by a winner-take-all semen-slurping competition.

Tie breakers should be decided through a fan fight.

>play whole game to determine who was better on the day
>after determining that the teams were even, decide to award the win to one of them based on something other than the game

This but unironically

literal cuck mentality desu
every game needs a winner

Why do ties need to be broken when teams are already granted points on the league table for wins and draws?
Why are scoreless or tie games boring by default? Are you bored by a sport until someone scores? Is that why the rest of America is alright with sitting through an hour and 45 minutes of commercials and replays and 15 minutes of actual game because the only thing that makes football more entertaining than commercials is touchdowns?

Both teams deserve a loss, if they cannot score goals. Completely wasted so many people's time.

this

means everybody wins and nobody loses. Everybody walks away with a point and no one's feelings are hurt.

Watching sports is a waste of time in general. Why is scoring the only thing that makes it worth your time. Do you not actually like sports?

sometimes feelings are hurt during ties
bbc.com/sport/football/27184083

Except the amount of points you get from a tie could be the difference between relegation, promotion, or a continental tournament spot.

Did Liverpool walk away with nothing?
No they did not. The walked away with hard earned point on their quest to win the Premier League for the first time EVER. They can be proud of their performance there.

Except they could've had 3 points. When you're trying to win the league, ties can fucking destroy you. Same thing when you're trying to get a continental spot or escape the relegation zone.

This is why they need the playoffs to settle matters head-to-head.

>Watching the players perform isn't enough, I need lots of points on the board to be sufficiently entertained

Attached: 908309458349058.png (645x729, 90K)

What if ties were allowed in single elimination and both teams get to move on?

What would that retardation look like?

Attached: Sexy Aqua.png (1196x1674, 1.03M)

>Watching the players perform isn't enough
This is sports. Not some Broadway musical.

Right, so you don't actually like sports, you just like watching people score. Why don't you just watch the highlights instead of suffering through the boredom of watching the players actually playing?

because cheerleaders are scum

>implying 0-0 games have any highlights

Wait... do... do you think 0-0 games are scoreless because no one attempts to score the whole time? You're not actually that retarded, right?

Attached: quattro.jpg (258x322, 33K)

Watching defender cucking those hotshit striker give me more pleasure than watching someone score goal.

>90 minutes to score at least one fucking goal
>neither team does it

What the fuck have they been doing that whole time? Rolling on the ground like faggots?

Oh wow, so you are retarded...
Defenders and goalkeepers are there for a reason, you brainlet. If you get a shot at the goal, it's possible for a defender or the goal keeper to deflect it or you could just miss, since the a lot of players aim for the top and sides of the net where the goalkeeper is least likely to be able to block it.
It's the same deal with football when the QB and WR botch a pass, especially a potential touchdown pass. Only it's a lot harder to score in soccer than football. Really good defensive plays and narrow touchdown-denying misses are still noteworthy plays in football and make highlights.

>M-muh there must be a winner everytime or else it's bad

Because then burgers wouldn't make this same thread every week

have you even seen Chelsea play?

>I don't understand! How is it possible to shoot a ball at a goal defended by a goalkeeper and fail?

Attached: 983049583049.jpg (586x578, 40K)

Based Fer

>amerimutts can't comprehend how a sport in which the most important bit isn't defending can be entertaining
color me surprised.
this is why all your """sports""" are shit.

Recently I have been wonderin, what if if games end in a 0-0 draw, penalties. My ideal situation would be good ol shootouts, like from the old MLS days

i'm not sure what you think you're saying, but I am sure you don't know what you're talking about

>

Attached: 1503120743119.jpg (225x224, 8K)

But why would this even be necessary? You're trying to solve a problem that doesn't exist. Americans are the only people that sperg out at the existence of a 0-0 draw.

>I don't even know what you're saying
>but I'm sure you're wrong

Attached: 1512331841575.png (645x729, 68K)

soccer sucks boner dicks

this is stupid, they didn't lose the league there but vs Chelsea, if the genius Brenny would have played for a tie vs Mourinho the rest of the league was extremely easy, but no, they lost and cause of that they needed to scored a gorillion vs every single team; this obviously didn't work but this match was irrelevant, they could have won 3 nil and still lose the league

>american education system is so bad that people are literally unable to evaluate a points system that awards points for draws
>they will never know the glory of stealing 2 hard-fought points out of a rival's back pocket in a game they had no business being in
>in certain situations this can even be just as devastating as a loss if it means they lose a title race or Champions League slot

well you implied that all US sports have similar approaches to scoring. So regardless of your larger argument, your premise is laughably flawed. Hopefully that image you uploaded is directed at yourself rather than me

or united with Mourinho

>amerimutt """sports""" aren't high scoring

Attached: 1512331841574.png (645x729, 50K)

>not losing counts as a win
only shitholers will ever know this feel

>not losing counts as a win
wasn't that your argument in Vietnam?

Attached: ouch.gif (360x270, 473K)

how the fuck is defending not the most important aspect of soccer? defensive lines need to keep formation, know when to switch in zonal marking, play the offside trap, etc... on offense all you need to do is hoof it to a pacey nog and hope for the best

Attached: 1517873054550.webm (1280x720, 1.81M)

yeah but, you see, in football scoring is rare, offense is a lot more difficult, defense is easy as fuck since out of 10 attacks the defending team will be a lot more successful than the offense.

in a shit high scoring sport like basketball it's the other way around, offense is so easy that the breaking point is when a team defends successfully.
in football it's when the offense is successful.
this means that the attacking players are the best and therefore it's a lot more enjoyable to watch them and scoring is a lot more climatic, since in basketball for example a shit offense will always score no matter what and how awfuly they end up losing, making scoring anticlimatic as fuck.

this is why high scoring sports are shit.

>defense is easy as fuck
calm down brenny

>What the fuck have they been doing that whole time? Rolling on the ground like faggots?
Pretty much, yeah.

My problem is with 0-0 draws. Or dont even give em a point, each get no points

>player falls, clutches his ankle and cries like a girl as soon as defender gets near him
>whistle, penalty kick, free goal
>replay shows the player faked the contact
>"OH! He sold it BEAUTIFULLY! What a hero!"
I don't think this semen-slurping sport's for me.

>a team that didn't lose should get the same points as a team that lost

Attached: 1512331841573.png (645x729, 51K)

Why?

At a 0-0 draw, ye, no points

Once again, why is it necessary?

>the pathetic leaf fishing for (you)s in this thread didn't get a single one
KEK
E
K

basketball the offense is generally successful half of the time, what is the problem with this? its just that theres about 100 possessions per team per game. Its not the exact inverse of soccer where 99 percent of the time you dont score so your comparison is fallacious as hell.

the utter lack of scoring is shit in soccer, you know once you go down by 1 your chance of winning is incredibly unlikely

Until you, sweetie.

what difference does it make if it's still a draw, you monumental autist?

well at least he isn't defending his american master for once

>giving him an invisible (You)
kill yourself

Neither scored so they should not receive a point, hell make winning a game back down to 2 points. Maybe.

>Brazilian and Colombian girls flicking their beans over me
Careful that the bone through your nose doesn't get stuck in the hoop through her lower lip.

@82372060
Shan't be giving you a (you)
Here's a (you) m8

(you) just had to be the one to give him one

Because at least they accomplished in scoring against their opponent.

>a team that didn't win should get any points at all
You play to win. It's why there's never a draw in a cup final. If you don't win you're nothing and you deserve nothing.

Because watching two teams let each other score a goal in the final minute to make sure the game ends 1-1 is what I want to see

I would unironically prefer to watch a game with low scoring so each point is a hard won feat than watch people shoot into a basket literally a hundred times. It's too easy to score in basketball.

there are draws in cup finals though.
they should get points because they didn't lose, and they should get fewer points than 3 because they didn't win, 1 (one) point is perfectly fine, you're triggered because you're a retard.

it's a draw, what fucking difference does it make if they scored or not?

>You play to win.
The league. You play to win the league.

just stop trying. He is either a troll or incredibly dumb.

You're triggered by my superior logic because you're simple minded and can't see beyond a world that rewards mediocrity and not winning.

>a world that rewards mediocrity and not winning.
You mean franchise sports that give the shittiest teams first pick of the draft for """""parity"""""?

Nobody really says that, you dumb head. Everybody is always super critical against the divers.

Diving gets you carded, you retard.

>you're simple minded and can't see beyond a world that rewards mediocrity and not winning.
it reards winning more than anything.
are you seriously this retarded? lmao

well i do to, basketball is definitely 4th out of our big 4 but theres a certain point where its too low, and soccer hits that threshold. baseball football and hockey are all 5-10 each, but once you get to 2-3 like soccer thats just not enough scoring deviation.

5-10 scores per game each i meant

It simplifies shit, and what's the point of competing when there's no winner?

Because you're competing in a league. There is more at stake than just "winning or losing the game". Earlier in the thread, we already explained why draws can be good or bad depending on a team's placement in the table.

>You're triggered by my superior logic because you're simple minded and can't see beyond a world that rewards mediocrity and not winning.
AHAHAHAHAHA
THIS IS COMING FROM SOMEONE UNIRONICALLY DEFENDING SPORTS WITH NO PROMOTION OR RELEGATION AND THE SHITTIEST TEAMS LITERALLY GET REWARDED FOR THEIR FAILURE WITH DRAFT PRIORITY
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Attached: HAAAAAAH.jpg (262x263, 8K)

Go back to /hoc/ or niggerball threads retard

1-1 is the patrician score you retards

top table v bottom table matches that end in a draw are considered a shit result for the good team and a good result for the shit tier team. Usually in this case the stronger team is disappointed with the loss of two points (unless you are liverpool vs west brom). Draws between even teams have meaning for the teams around them in the table.

Draws are rewarding the weaker team for holding off the stronger team, and punishing the other for failing. One point has a little more value at the bottom of a table where teams don't have has many in general.

The leagues in Europe (generally) do not end in a playoff. The league winner is the team that consistently gets the most points out of their matches throughout the year, not just W/L ratio.

tl;dr it makes sense for draws to award one point and a draw doesn't necessarily mean both teams were shit that day.

Attached: 534-69373298.jpg (415x407, 21K)

godeem

USA WINS 1-1