10 Cloverfield Lane

looking forward to the 10 Cloverfield Lane sequel, Sup Forums?

the last part of the movie was pure hype. just imagine a modern Ellen Ripley ripping alien ass in a war of resistance

Other urls found in this thread:

blastr.com/2017-1-12/winstead-says-shes-10-cloverfield-lane-sequel
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I legitimately enjoyed how campy it was

blastr.com/2017-1-12/winstead-says-shes-10-cloverfield-lane-sequel

literally one of the worst films of the year.

take that back

it was pure undiluted kino

did goodman delete all the apps off her phone?

now why would he do that?

>MEW will NEVER be your gf

she only has the default iphone apps

im guessing he restored her phone to factory defaults or something but she would have said something about it so..

how deep was goodman's bunker? surely the ayy lmaos could've done a deep scan or something

But the ending ruined the film by turning it into complete schlock. If it had ended with her seeing the aliens, saying "no way" and cutting to black, it'd have been perfect.

pleb opinion

stop it

this
reasoning as to why the ending wasn't complete schlock? What did you like about it?

Oh fuck you.

post that picture of her with her husband

Too many movies don't have the balls to confirm supernatural/sci-fi elements hinted at and leave it ambiguous to not upset plebians, but plebs who still have the childlike experience of wanting to be told what they're watching is real rather than understanding it's all fucking fictional including the most realistic movies just being made up by other humans get wound up about stories "jumping the shark".

THIS.

Or maybe any other way.

Maybe the idea of showing the aliens wasn't bad but the execution made it look fake. When the alien octopus takes MEW to something that looks like an anus, it looked ridiculous, and then MEW throws a molotov bomb out of nowhere!

Awful.

meh, i thought the ending was epic.

to each they're own, i suppose.

>MEW will never crush your balls with high heels

no yours is the pleb opinion.
you are fascinated by explosions and bright lights. the concept of the war is the most exciting part to you regardless of the fact that it hardly fits with the build-up.
you are like a child
you are a fool and a pleb.

>the last part of the movie was pure hype.
You mean that shit alien CGI that ruined the whole movie?

>"epic"
case in point.

>explicitly mentioning the childlike experience as a virtue.
grow up. you're killing art, hollywood, and our culture by proxy.
but you'll blame it on reddit you fucking pleb

MEW was shit goodman carried that movie she couldnt be the lead in a fucking action movie about an alien resistance

Well, I felt surprised at the start, but they should have cut the CGI alien octopus and dog...

oh fuck off you cynical old man, the ending was good.

and you're a dumbass becaus this sequel will obviously be a spiritual sequel and unrelated you fucking numb-nut.
learn to interpret obvious trends you fuckhead.
oh wait, that's probably why you liked the ending.
you have no concept of symmetry and just want to see shiny cool shit happen.
the death of art.
you're everything i hate about movie-goers.

would've been 10x if it was a much shorter sequence.
youre an idiot with no understanding of themes and resonance in art.
It was tacky, tasteless, and clearly designed for plebs who thought the rest of it was boring.
youre an idiot.

I thought the entire film was good, but the ending inspired hope in the audience. Everyone wants a happy ending. :^)

this movie SERIOUSLY should have ended like this:

MEW finally makes it out of the bunker
and looks around, sees the alien space ship

she says "FUCK!" or something like that, and then BAM black screen

credits start to roll.

It would have been a real trip and had a lot of people walking out of the theater still in shock and disbelief. As is, it went on ten minutes too long and was a real let down.

faggot. that doesn't fit with the story.
clearly, and if i recall correctly this was the case, the ending was tacked on because JJ was worried about the plebs being dissapointed.
happy endings have to be earned. this one was out of place and slightly anti-thematic.

Why do you think that the happy ending didn't fit with the story?

it was the confirmation of an anticipated fear in probably the most predictable way, and then it was dragged out to a distracting degree.
it makes the first 3 acts, the actual film itself, seem slightly less relevant than it should

> muh unpredictable ending

it's the unpredictable endings that don't fit with the story :^)

> it was dragged out to a distracting degree

it wasn't

> it makes the first 3 acts, the actual film itself, seem slightly less relevant than it should

it didn't

your opinions are baseless and invalid as youre clearly a retarded person.
there is a correct way to do that ending, but the dragged-out spectacle they put on was in shit taste and you'd have to be a child to think otherwise tbqh.

> muh opinion is correct

no, you're wrong

>I never wanted to be a cop. I just wanted to play football.

nah youre trash.
im lit/film connoisseur, even the plebs respect me because my opinions are based on historical concepts of aesthetics and drama.
arguing with you is literally like debating with a dog, i feel a slight pity but mostly it's just an exercise of my clear superiority

whether you liked a film or not isn't an accurate method of measuring the quality of a film lmao

pull your head out of your arse low iq beta cuck loser

mike please leave

that's your basic argument but somehow youre attributing it to me?
that's not why it's bad.
it's not just about what you "like", as dogs like to eat poop.
there is an element of discretion involved.
i have an extensive knowledge and background on this subject which helps to inform and analyze my base impressions, something that you clearly lack

You haven't made any decent arguments as to why the film is bad, you've only given your opinion based on nothing more than your feelings.

Do you REALLY think your opinion has more merit than the 35 professional film critics who rated it as "fresh" on rotten tomatoes?

cringey as fuck, ridiculous, predictable and the last 20 minutes were a "fuck you lol" fest.
it was overhiped shit.

absolutely.
do you even know what a film critic is?
it's not as prestigious as you think it is.
i explained clearly the issue: the ending subverts the first 3/4s of the film and it's essential elements of dread/suspense by shitting all over a potentially powerful twist with a tacked on unnecessary action-movie sequence designed for children.
youre an idiot. i know literal kids who felt this intuitively.

i loved when she did an HAZMAT suit with common shit you can get in your house.
and when she killed the bad alien with a molotov!
pure kino.
fuck you pleb

your idolization of numbered mainstream film critics is an immediate disqualification from serious discussion btw

this is my favorite type of depiction of a strong female character. not someone who can physically beat up a bunch of guys, but whose smart, resourceful and quick witted that works at problem solving her way through challenges. this is how a strong female charcater should be done.